March 28, 2024, 09:19:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Bye Dad....  (Read 11858 times)
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: January 30, 2007, 10:31:04 PM »

As I have posted before, my dad was very ill since about Thanksgiving.  I haven't been on as much for dealing with all of that...  He was doing better for his birthday which was Christmas Day.... he turned 79.  Today, he passed away.

Now you may find it strange that I would come on the forum and write this... but I have so many conflicting emotions.  I am glad that he is no longer suffering and he would have had to be in a nursing home with 24 hour a day care had he lived.  My brothers and I were just not able to provide the care that he would have required.  He was most definately a "bird that was not meant to be caged" and I am glad that he was spared that.

He wasn't always a great dad, in fact, he admitted to the day he died that he wasn't a great dad at all.... he was human and had his bad and good qualities.  I like to think that I inheirited his good qualities.

He was a man that lived life on his own terms in a way that few people do.... in fact, I have never known anyone else that truly lived the life they wanted to like he did.   He was self-centered, but if he had it would give you the shirt off his back.... he was the most complicated and yet simple person there was.  He loved his life and told all of us, his kids, that between the time of Thanksgiving and the time he died.  He said to us that although he wasn't the best dad and knew that, he did love us all and that would never change and that he wanted us to live the way he did .... without regret - and to the fullest.  

REST WELL DAD... I will miss you.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 10:46:35 PM »

My condolences to you and your family, mrs. red.  Your Dad sounds somewhat like my own, who now is in a secure nursing facility.  I am very happy that you Dad passed living in a manner that fit his personality.

I'm truly sorry for your loss, and if I were half as eloquent as some here, I most certainly would have expressed it better.

(((Hugs))))

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 11:03:41 PM »

Mrs Red
My sincere condolences to you and your family on the passing of your father.
Your Dad obviously lived his life in the way he wished to and he would have left this life with no regrets for that.  He sounds a truthful and humble man at heart and having  told you of his love for you and how he wished you to live a free and full life it is now your way of honouring his memory to do just that.

You will miss him dreadfully but just remember : he is only a whisper away.
God bless.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 11:07:27 PM »

Oh Mrs,

I am so sorry, you are making a passage I did five years ago and it's a very difficult one. Father's are hard for daughters to lose I think because we do work harder to understand them over our lifetimes, and because we as daughters so want their love and affection - the first man in our lives.

My mother says that parents never know if they have been successful until they see their children leave home and build successful lives of their own. She also says parents make many mistakes and that we should judge them on their intent, their commitment, and their effort instead. Living life on one's own terms does take courage and perseverance, those are legacies you own now.

When it mattered most you and he found peace. Don't lose sight of that for it's a gift, to you and to him, that measure of peace which won't make saying goodbye all the harder without.

Sending you my prayers and my support always. I wish you greater peace with time, I know you will find that.

I continue to stand with the girl.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 11:25:47 PM »

{{HUGS}} To you Mrs. Red,

I know how hard it is even though he's at peace now.  My condolences to you.  I went through a similar experience when my mother passed away.  She had been very ill for a long long time, much longer than expected.  Still, when the time came I felt a huge loss just as you do.  

May he rest in peace.
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 11:28:01 PM »

Condolences to Mrs. Red and family.  I'm glad you had time with your dad and he was able to share his feelings with you before passing.  Through that love, he'll always be with you, as Tibro says, a whisper away.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 11:29:55 PM »

I will be thinking about mrs. red during this time too.

I know what it is to lose loved ones in these kinds of "circumstances" where you truly don't know what to feel about the matter. You want to have a sense of "it's for the best" but you don't want to minimize the loss.

mrs. red, I haven't been able to follow anything other than the LCD so I wasn't aware of what was going on. Prayers for you right now.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 11:31:39 PM »

God Bless you Father's soul, Mrs. Red. May he be in perfect peace and health right now, resting soundly. Prayers of comfort and strength for you and your family.

May we all live a life of no regrets and on our own terms like your father!

{{{Hugs}}}

Bring Natalee home...
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 11:37:57 PM »

mrs. red-
I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. May he rest in peace.You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
I lost my Dad in 1981, after he lost his battle with cancer. It was a relief to know that the suffering had ended, and I felt so grateful that we had a chance to say good-bye. It sounds like you also had the opportunity to have honest conversations, and feel the love your Dad had for you. I know you will treasure this time you had with him, just as I still do treasure that time I had with my Dad as he was leaving this life and going on to be with God. Peace be with you.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 01:23:06 AM »

Please accept my condolences, Mrs. Red.  My dad passed suddenly in August at age 81, and I know how tough this is to bear.  You and your are in my thoughts and prayers.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 02:01:26 AM »

I am very sorry about your dad's passing. Very deep condolences are being sent your way from me. I love you.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 02:05:37 AM »

Mrs. Red, I'm so very sorry to hear that your Dad has passed away. Your post shows such insight and wisdom, and most of all that the "nuggets" you keep from the realtionship with your Dad, are filtered through the fingers of love.

I'm quite sure that you hold within you the good things your Dad passed on to you. As our parents shape us with our upbringing, we scuplt ourselves with what we are given by our choices and character. I'm absolutely positive that as your Dad looked at you, he saw remnants of his own reflection refined, purged of the impurities, and realized the unique "completeness" created by you and he. Love given and received is eternal, and cannot be changed by the events of one day. The essence of you and your Dad is alive and with you. What a gift you gave him, Mrs. Red!

That doesn't mean it doesn't hurt. The hurt of loss goes deeper than anything I've experienced. You are held in my prayers and thoughts, for your abiding comfort and for my gratitude for having the opportunity to encounter a woman that is such an inspiration. I'm sure your Dad is so proud of his girl!  {{{HUGS}}}
Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 02:38:43 AM »

Mrs. Red (and Red) - I am so sorry to hear of your loss of your father.  No matter what the situation, it is never easy.  Hugs to you.  Sleuth

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 07:21:11 AM »

Mrs. Red, Bless you and your entire family. I am so sorry for your great loss.

MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2007, 08:06:08 AM »

Mrs Red

I am sorry to hear about your Dad.  May you find peace in knowing he is no longer suffering. May you find comfort in your cherished memories.
My heartfelt sympathies go out to you and your family.

MsDV

Maine, born and raised!
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2007, 08:11:00 AM »

Mrs R -- you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

With sympathy for your loss,
sharon

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2007, 08:38:13 AM »

Mrs. Red:  I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your father.  I lost my father and I too felt I was glad he was no longer suffering, but at peace.  Time will heal, and I pray for you peace and comfort.

You and your family will be in my prayers. (((((hugs)))))

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2007, 09:24:55 AM »

So very sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you...and I understand exactly what you said. Been there myself....

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2007, 09:42:00 AM »

Im so sorry to hear the news.  Your family is in my thoughts and prayers at this difficult time.  (hugs)
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2007, 12:09:40 PM »

Mrs. Red

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers and condolences to you and your family.

I Stand With The Girl
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.