April 24, 2024, 10:06:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Bye Dad....  (Read 12997 times)
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2007, 01:01:57 PM »

Love and prayers....to you and your family....hard to lose a parent....
will be thinking of you....Mere

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2007, 04:13:07 PM »

Mrs. Red,

I lost my father at an early age, I was only ten.  I was given a stepfather whom I loved just as dearly and I thank God for that.  My stepfather passed away several years back and in many ways it was harder than the loss of my biological father because I had twenty years with my step-dad and only ten with the "real" one.

So I suffered this loss twice but can honestly say that now with the healing of the passage of time, I was twice blessed.  And that makes me happy to think about instead of feeling sad I couldn't keep them always.

We all deal with our grief in different ways.  I tend to put it aside at the actual time, just sort of think they are away on vacation or something and then later when I am truly alone and in private deal with it.  Guess I am too private about it.  Strange way of doing it I guess but it works best for me.  We each have to find our own way to deal and I hope you will find yours, too.  

I will pray for the repose of his soul and for comfort for you and the rest of the friends and family of him.  May God receive him into His Presence with the Peace promised to us by Jesus the Christ.

Anna

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
darleenofalabama
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2007, 06:42:30 PM »

It's sad to hear this, Mrs. Red.  I think you said it very well by noting that he was a bird not meant to be caged.  Living life to the fullest and without regret would be the best thing that you could do, both for yourself and to celebrate his life.  It's strange, I had said almost the same thing to my 84-year-old neighbor earlier today; this is the first anniversary of her husband's death and we put tulips on his grave today.  My condolences to you for your loss.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2007, 06:48:08 PM »

Mrs. Red,

I am truly saddened to hear that your father has passed away.  I know it takes a while to sink in.   It is those memories you have of your "carpe diem" father that will give you comfort as you learn to adjust.  My Dad was the ultimate free spirit also.  He died 4 years ago very suddenly at the age of 64.   I was not ready for it.  

The only words of comfort I can offer is that his pain is gone now.  He's in a better place.  Take care of yourself and know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

God Bless,
Frijole
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2007, 08:54:58 PM »

Mrs Red, I am so sorry to hear about your Father's passing. You & your family have my deepest sympathies & will be in my prayers.

I STAND WITH THE GIRL, NATALEE HOLLOWAY

ARUBA
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2007, 08:55:07 PM »

Mrs. Red

I am so sorry to hear about your Father's passing.

Huge Hugs to you and you will be in my prayers.

((((())))))))
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2007, 09:38:44 PM »

I am sorry to hear about your fathers passing.It was exactly one year after my fathers passing.My thoughts and prayers are with and your family.Cat

Live with hope,looking for justice
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2007, 09:59:04 PM »

Dear Mrs. Red    I'm sorry to hear about your dad's passing.  You are in  my prayers.   ((((((HUGS)))))
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2007, 11:13:46 PM »

Mrs. Red  I am saddened to hear of your Fathers passing.
 I know the complex feelings you are experiencing as my Father died 5 years ago, and reading your post made me realize how much I still miss him. He was 83.
A tough bunch the men of that era. They saw alot of change, lived through some  difficult times, and when the end is near....in general they feel, "I have had a good life, if it's my time to go , so-be-it."  

You are fortunate to have had what sounds to me like blessed time to speak words of love, about lessons learned, and memories gathered before he passed. Those will remain with you forever. A wonderful gift. The thing I miss (missed) the most though is that place I had. That place in the heart of my father, where i could sit secure in the knowledge, that I, his daughter could do no wrong. I loved that place. I know that he loved me for all of my life in only the way that a Father can. In this you are lucky too, I feel certain.

My prayers are with you all.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2007, 11:58:19 PM »

Mrs. Red, I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I am glad that you had some time to spend with him. That will mean the world to you later. May God bless your family at this difficult time.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2007, 12:14:16 AM »

BB~ What you wrote about that place in one's father's heart is so true. I had that in my father's heart, too.

robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2007, 01:32:36 AM »

im so sorry Mrs. Red.

as i sit here, i dont know what to say, maybe if you know that people here
are thinking of you and your family at this time it will help in some tiny way. god Bless you and your family.

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
dkpen
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2007, 02:57:59 AM »

Rest now Mrs Red for your dad is Home.  Very Happy

My heartfelt condolences to you and yours,

God bless~

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2007, 09:31:13 AM »

Mrs. Red, I received a call this morning that we lost a dear aunt after a short battle with cancer. i am sure your dad was at the pearly gates waiting for her arrival!! i am so sorry for your loss! prayers for you and all the thoughtful monkey's here that have similar pains now.
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2007, 10:10:33 AM »

Mrs Red,

Many of us have gone through a similar loss of our Father, but none of us can really feel the same about the loss.  It is such an individual measure of grief.  

I pray for you to shed your tears, celebrate your memories, and thank God for his being in your life, and helping you become the person you are. We learn lessons in different ways from different people.  

I wish you peace.  

Sunny

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2007, 10:20:37 AM »

My sympathy on the passing of your father.

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2007, 11:18:06 AM »

So sorry my Sistah.
Love you.
Jacqueline

Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2007, 11:54:32 AM »

Mrs Red,
I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you  and the rest of your family.

I think in your writing about your Dad you actually gave him a wonderful tribute. There are no perfect parents. We all do the best we can with our knowledge at the time.I think it is wonderful he was able to tell you all he loved you.

Although you will miss him, be aware he was ready to go and be at peace in that knowledge. again hugs and prayers.

Just a swinging with the tribe
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2007, 05:20:01 PM »

my condolences to you and your family.  It has been decades since I lost my father and mother.  While it is a part of life I still have very fond memories of the good times.  I would be in denial if I said there weren't some bad ones.  I guess as times passes those just lose their importance in most cases.  It is the good times and lessons which are taught that seem to be the most important.

As my father used to quote from Tennyson, " I am a part of all that I have met."  I guess I have learned that it is important to accentuate the good points from all those around me.

Quiescat In Pace

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2007, 07:22:07 PM »

Quote from: "GreatOwl"
my condolences to you and your family.  It has been decades since I lost my father and mother.  While it is a part of life I still have very fond memories of the good times.  I would be in denial if I said there weren't some bad ones.  I guess as times passes those just lose their importance in most cases.  It is the good times and lessons which are taught that seem to be the most important.

As my father used to quote from Tennyson, " I am a part of all that I have met."  I guess I have learned that it is important to accentuate the good points from all those around me.

Quiescat In Pace

Very wise words Great Owl. I'm taking them to heart.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.