March 28, 2024, 04:13:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JORAN VAN DER SLOOT MURDERS AGAIN? Articles only - no discussion please  (Read 220757 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #260 on: June 18, 2010, 10:15:57 AM »

Joran Van der Sloot's Ex-Girlfriend Shares Diary They Kept Together
An intimate look inside their relationship and details about van der Sloot

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/slideshow/diary-joran-van-der-sloots-girlfriend-10935858

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #261 on: June 18, 2010, 10:54:03 AM »

Got it. Beth on Greta, November 19, 2008:

HOLLOWAY: Yes. And Greta, I was just wanting to say that, you know, like I said, it's been a long time, but it's never too late for justice. And I'd be good with a "Midnight Express" prison anywhere for Joran.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,454527,00.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #262 on: June 19, 2010, 01:50:18 AM »

http://www.aolnews.com/crime/article/legal-expert-us-could-charge-joran-van-der-sloot-with-holloways-murder/19515801?icid=sphere_aolnews_inline

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #263 on: June 19, 2010, 02:24:48 AM »

'My son is sick in his head', says Joran van der Sloot's mother
Saturday 19 June 2010

Joran van der Sloot is 'sick in his head' and was due to be admitted to a psychiatric unit before he went to Peru, his mother Anita tells the Telegraaf newspaper in an interview on Saturday.

In what the paper bills an exclusive interview and breaking years of silence, Anita van der Sloot reportedly agreed to talk to the paper because the picture of Joran 'as a monster' does not tell the whole story.

Speaking from her home in Aruba, Anita van der Sloot told the paper she had spoken to Joran shortly before he fled to Chile and he sounded very paranoid. He felt he was being 'followed and looked at,' she told the paper.

Father

Anita van der Sloot said Joran had been very affected by his father's death earlier this year and felt he was responsible.

She also told the paper Joran went to Peru to avoid being admitted to a closed unit in a psychiatric hospital in the Netherlands.

'He had agreed to be admitted. Two days before he was due to leave for the Netherlands, he left the house,' the paper quoted her as saying. He left was a note on the kitchen table telling her not to worry and he had gone to Peru for a poker tournament, she said.

Charges

Joran van der Slot, 22, is currently in jail in Peru on charges of murdering Stephany Flores at the end of May. He was arrested in Chile.

He has also twice been arrested and released in connection with the disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway on Aruba five years ago.

Van der Sloot is due to appear in court in Lima on Monday.

© DutchNews.nl

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2010/06/my_son_is_sick_in_his_head_say.php

_____

Jo-An
Scared Monkey

« Reply #264 on: June 19, 2010, 05:08:39 AM »

Part one of the interview - the frontpage of De Telegraaf

Interview with Anita van der Sloot - June 19th 2010

Joran's mother breaks silence
"My son is sick in his head"

ORANJESTAD (Aruba) - Saturday
by special reporters Johan van den Heuvel en Bert Huisjes

The Mother of Joran, Anita van der Sloot, breaks the silence after many years. She says her son got into heavy psychological trouble.
Anita van der Sloot tells her story today exclusively in De Telegraaf. She said yes to a meeting with reporters, because she finds the image of Joran as "a monster" doesn't tell the whole story.
She doesn't rule out that he migt have killed Stephany Flores. Shortly before her death and during his flee she was in contact with Joran, and he sounded very paranoid. He felt like he was being "followed and watched".
According to her Joran was in heavy psychological distress after his father died. She says he blamed himself for his early death.

In the interview with De Telegraaf she says that Joran left for Peru, to escape from being admitted to a closed section of a psychiatric clinic.
"He had agreed to being admitted. But two days before he was supposed to leave for the Netherlands, he left the house."
The only thing she found, was a note that she shouldn't worry.
The director of Castro Castro yesterday tried to convince Joran van der Sloot to have an interview with CNN about the "excellent conditions in his cell" and him being treated well.
When Joran said no, he was taken out of his cell and reporters were given access to his cell. They were allowed to take pictures and shoot videos. The director indicated that Joran has a real bed in his cell with a mattress, running water, a towel and a bible to read from. His toilet is a hole in the ground.
Van der Sloot for now has the privilege of the heavily guarded cell, close to the director's office. This is a precaution, so that no one can cause him any harm.
Monday he has a court appearance.

Jo-An
Scared Monkey

« Reply #265 on: June 19, 2010, 06:34:10 AM »

Interview with Anita van der Sloot - De Telegraaf - June 19th 2010

The actual interview:

"If only he had listened to me"

Joran being arrested wasn't just a news item across the world. For his mother Anita van der Sloot (53), living in Aruba, it was a an ending. For the first time she speaks out. His mother won't be visiting Joran in his Peruvian cell. "If he did this, he has to face the consequences. I can't embrace him."
She says her son got into severe psychological distress over the past years. "His trip to Peru was a flee, to get out of being admitted to a psychiatric institution."

ORANJESTAD (Aruba), Saturday
Every son has a mother. Murder suspect Joran does as well. Anita van der Sloot found a note a couple of weeks ago: "I'm gone, don't worry". The first time she saw her son again, was when Peruvian police showed him on TV, with handcuffs.

For years on end she stood by him. "I believed Joran. Despite his many lies. I felt that he had nothing to do with Natalee Hollaway's disappearance in 2005. He left her at the beach. I still believe that."
But she also says: "He might have killed Stephany."
Over the last 6 months she lost two members of her family. In February her husband died, ex-judge Paul van der Sloot, while playing tennis. "He has been accused of helping Joran, That's not true. No one else insisted with Joran that he had to tell the truth. TV showed Paul as a caricature. But he was a kind, honest and involved man."
Anita van der Sloot, a teacher in Aruba, never looked for publicity. She avoided the press. Yes, once she accompanied Joran and Paul to a TV-show, where her son threw a glass of wine at Peter R. de Vries.
"He was nagging him, teasing him."

Desperate
Now, for just this one time, she wants to talk. Not to justify her son's actions. On the contrary. "He lied so much, we were desperate. He said to me: "Mom, I don't even know whether something I say is a lie or the truth." Joran is sick in his head, but he refused to be helped. Her son is a monster in the eyes of many. But can anyone blame her for mainly seeing him as her son? "He was a sweet kid, he loved animals and his grandmother. Cheerful, open. Somewhere along the way he lost his way. It went very slowly."
"After being arrested for Natalee's disappearance, he was traumatised. We made a huge mistake. We sent him to the Netherlands to go to school. He should have been admitted to a closed psychiatric institution, he then already needed psychiatric help. He had no rest, was being followed around."
"When he walked into Peter R. de Vries' trap, it all went downhill very fast. I saw the raw footage of the undercover sting operation. His confession was one a nice piece of montage. Joran tried to be impressive. That wasn't right. People pointed fingers at him. He acted like he didn't care. Joran acted cocky..."
She holds her fingers apart, just a small bit. "He had a small heart, even as a kid."
According to Anita, Paul blamed Joran on a regular basis. "He would say: Why do you say all these things?" Joran just shrugged and said: "I don't know, dad, it just happens." After consultation with the school in Arnhem we decided to leave the Netherlands. He could go to an affiliated business school in Bangkok, Thailand. Even back then, Joran had talks with a psychiatrist, she says. He needed treatment, but Anita says he didn't want to be admitted. "He was in denial. He was a grown-up, we couldn't force him. We were always so worried about him. He got into playing poker. But it wasn't a game anymore, he just could not stop playing. He was addicted." Joran's family hoped he could pick up his life again in Thailand. But that didn't quite work out, Anita admits. "Again De Vries looked him up. He had nine months to go until graduation. But students and parents were complaining that Joran went to school there. They thought it wasn't safe. Joran was expelled." Since then he has been roaming the world. "We had no grip on him. One moment he could be very sweet, the next he was looking for money. He extorted a reporter for Fox News, Greta van Susteren, for money. He made up a story about selling Natalee as a sex slave. More and more he became a psychiatric case. His two younger brothers were worried and appalled. "Mom, step away from this," they said. "He's dragging you with him into this abyss."
The road leading up to his arrest in Peru, started in February, she feels. "When Paul died, we all came together in Arnhem for his cremation. My two youngest sons flew in from the US, where they go to college. I came from Aruba and Joran came from somewhere else."
"Joran cried for two days. He even threw himself over the coffin. 'It's all my fault, daddy,' he said. 'I caused you to have this heart attack'." After that he moved in with Anita in Aruba. "For months he didn't speak. He didn't laugh, despite the fact that he has always been a cheerful boy. He even stopped playing poker. It wasn't until April, May when he started to feel a bit better. He started painting the fence."
Anita then decided he should be admitted. "I made an appointment with a Dutch clinic. The insurance had been taken care of. Two days before he was supposed to go to the Netherlands, I found that note when I came home. He had left for Peru for a poker tournament. Someone had invited him. He was running away from his treatment." A couple of days before Stephany's death in Lima, he called home. "He sounded weird and agitated," Anita says. "He said he was being followed. Together with a girl he had been robbed. Two men had shown him pictures of Natalee. He was very scared and incoherent. Was it true? Or was it all in his head?"
The day before his arrest she spoke to him again. "I said: Joran, there is an international warrant for your arrest. There's a dead girl. Where are you?" He was on his way to Chile. "He sounded really frightened. 'A girl is dead?' Then he went silent and said: 'It isn't Stephany, is it? No, not Stephany!' I said he had to turn himself in."

Target
It then became clear that Joran had been a target for an FBI-operation in Aruba. "I thought it was strange that the attorney for the Holloways was on the island. I now believe that Joran might have done something to Stephany in Peru. Maybe an act of rage? I don't know. I'm very saddened that that businessman Flores lost his daughter, and I my son. That's the way it feels like."
Now and then she's bothered by all the coincidences. "Exactly five years after Natalees disappearance? The Holloways were working Joran. That businessman Flores held a press conference and only spoke about Natalee. But it was supposed to be about his own daughter. Sometimes I just don't know anymore... I follow everything. But I need to take my distance now, salvage myself." She thinks it's time to let Joran go. "If only he had listened to his mother. Then this would've never happened. If he hadn't been chased like he has, maybe neither. It is: if, if, if... But if he really killed Stephany, he has to carry that burden. I will not visit him in his cell, I can't embrace him. But he does deserve a fair trial. He is derailed psychiatrically. That should be considered, shouldn't it?"
Anita van der Sloot stays behind, alone, in Aruba. "I can't cry over Joran like I cried over Paul, or like I'd want to. I don't have time to grieve. I want to set up a fund for prisoners in Peru, not just for Joran. Now is the time, now everybody hears about their conditions. That has to improve, there needs to be an extradition treaty. Who commits a crime, has to suffer the consequences. He will still be my son, no matter how bad the thing he has done is. This is the only thing I can do now. I've always wanted to raise my sons well. Two of them are doing great, one got into trouble. My wish is that he will be treated humanely and that he get psychological help."
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #266 on: June 19, 2010, 12:14:19 PM »

The actual interview:

Target

..... It then became clear that Joran had been a target for an FBI-operation in Aruba. "I thought it was strange that the attorney for the Holloways was on the island. I now believe that Joran might have done something to Stephany in Peru. Maybe an act of rage? I don't know. I'm very saddened that that businessman Flores lost his daughter, and I my son. That's the way it feels like." .....

Transcript: Van der Sloots Speak
Thursday, June 23, 2005

ANITA VAN DER SLOOT, MOTHER OF DUTCH SUSPECT: It's extremely tough. He's in custody now for 13, 14 days, I think. I have lost count. And I love my child. I believe in him 200 percent. And it's just like a big nightmare. We don't know how to deal with it because you can't deal with it. We think about the family a lot because their life is a nightmare, too, but our life is a nightmare, too.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,160471,00.html

_____

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #267 on: June 19, 2010, 08:27:33 PM »

HEre is a 4 page report from ABC
Joran van der Sloot's Mom Says He 'Could Have Done Something' to Peruvian Woman
Anita van der Sloot Speaks for the First Time Since Her Son's Arrest
http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/joran-van-der-sloots-mother-son-stephany-flores/story?id=10961460

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #268 on: June 19, 2010, 11:45:52 PM »

JUNE 18, 2010

The Violent World of Peruvian Prisons
"20/20" goes inside anarchic facility where Joran van der Sloot may serve time.

Joran's Ex-Girlfriend: 'He Was Romantic'
Melody Granadillo talks about time with accused killer Joran van der Sloot.

Videos:
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #269 on: June 19, 2010, 11:54:45 PM »

Joran van der Sloot's Ex-Girlfriend on Dutch Playboy's Other Side
In Exclusive '20/20' Interview, Melody Granadillo Says She's Now Scared Looking Into First Love's Eyes
June 17, 2010

fore the world knew him as a notorious alleged killer of young women, Melody Granadillo knew Joran van der Sloot as a personal prince charming.

He was amazing. ... He was romantic," the 23-year-old said of her former boyfriend and first love, in an exclusive interview to air on "20/20" Friday. "It was very playful, very honest. We could sit and talk for hours. We liked looking into each other's eyes."

The couple met at a mutual friend's birthday party in Aruba in October 2003 and dated for seven months. The 16-year-old quickly fell head over heels in love with 17-year-old van der Sloot -- the man she calls "Chi Chi" or "Mr. Wiggles."

In the "20/20" interview, Granadillo describes van der Sloot as sweet and charming. She recalls how for her 17th birthday, he surprised her with her favorite candy.

"I told him I liked red Skittles ... and what he did was he made this vase at school, went and bought a lot of Skittles packets, he took all the red ones out ... and as a present I got a vase full of red Skittles," Granadillo said. "He did things like that ... he was real thoughtful."

The teen saved everything from her dashing Dutch suitor, including a diary they shared, filled with pages upon pages of pictures, cards, emails and love poems. Granadillo licensed a selection of these materials to ABC News.

In the diary, Granadillo, who said they discussed marriage and kids, writes of one of their first sexual encounters: "We fooled around a lot. He wanted a lap dance. I barely gave it. It was an awesome night. Romantic and fun. Also, I gave him a hickey."

Van der Sloot's Web of Lies

But while van der Sloot was playing Romeo, Granadillo says she learned that their romance was built on a web of lies.

"He would lie for no apparent reason at all ... and if you caught him at it ... he would double down and be even more serious about the story," she said.

Granadillo claims he told her that he was also a virgin, but was really a promiscuous playboy who cheated on her with multiple women.

Despite their break-up, Granadillo never lost contact with van der Sloot -- staying in touch through the disappearance of Alabama teen Natalee Holloway and up until his now-infamous trip to Peru.

With van der Sloot now awaiting trial in a Peruvian prison, Granadillo says while she doesn't regret their experience together, the man whose eyes she loved looking into is long gone.

"It's not connectable. You can't connect that. It's not the same person," she said. "You see he's hurt. You see he's in trouble."

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/TheLaw/joran-van-der-sloots-girlfriend-dutch-playboy-exclusive/story?id=10935055&page=1

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/TheLaw/joran-van-der-sloots-girlfriend-dutch-playboy-exclusive/story?id=10935055&page=2

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #270 on: June 20, 2010, 12:14:27 AM »

Joran Van der Sloot's Mom: My Son is Sick in Head
Updated: Saturday, 19 Jun 2010, 10:24 AM EDT
Published : Saturday, 19 Jun 2010, 10:24 AM EDT

Anita van der Sloot was quoted today in a Dutch newspaper saying her 22-year-old son Joran van der Sloot "could have done something" to Stephany Flores, the Peruvian woman he is accused of murdering.

The interview comes a day after ABC News obtained an e-mail from Anita van der Sloot in which she asserted that her son is "not a murderer."

Anita van der Sloot has stayed out of the limelight as her son and even her husband Paul van der Sloot, who died earlier this year, were vilified -- especially in the U.S. media.

In the e-mail obtained exclusively by ABC News, she said she would never talk to the U.S. media because of how he was portrayed, but she gave an extensive interview to De Telegraaf in which she admitted she thought the family made a mistake by not getting Joran psychiatric help after his arrest in the Natalee Holloway case.

"He lied so much, that we became desperate. He said to me too, 'Mom, I sometimes don't know any more if something is a lie or the truth,'" the paper quoted her as saying. "Joran is sick in his head, but he didn't want any help."

She indicated that she feared that the pressures created by being the prime suspect in the death of Alabama  teen Natalee Holloway five years ago in Aruba may have caused her son to snap.

"I now believe that Joran may indeed have done something to Stephany in Peru. Maybe in a burst of anger? I don't know," she said, according to the newspaper. "I think it is intensely sad that that businessman Flores has lost his daughter, and I my son. That's how it feels."

Flores' body was found five years to the day after Holloway went missing, and she said that coincidence couldn't help but make an impact on her.

"Exactly five years after Natalee's disappearance? The Holloways were busy with him. That businessman Flores held a press conference and only spoke about Natalee. But it was about his own daughter," she said. "Sometimes I just don't know. I follow everything ... But I have to take distance too, save myself now."

And she said she thinks it is time to "let Joran go."

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/joran-van-der-sloots-mother-son-stephany-flores/story?id=10961460&page=1

She said she spoke to him on the telephone the day before he was arrested attempting to flee Peru for Chile, as police searched for him in the death of the young woman Stephany Flores in his Lima hotel room.

"I said, 'Joran, you're being searched internationally. A girl is dead. Where are you?'" she said, according to the newspaper. "He sounded frightened. 'A girl dead?' Then he fell silent for a moment and said, 'It's not Stephany, is it? No, not Stephany!' I told him he had to turn himself in.

"If only he had listened to his mother. Then this never would have happened. If he hadn't been so persecuted, maybe not either. It's: 'if, if if…' But if he killed Stephany, then he will have to carry the burden of that," she said. "I will not visit him in his cell, I cannot embrace him. But he should get a fair trial. He is psychologically disturbed. That has to count for something, right?"

Whatever happened to Flores in that Lima hotel room last month, she told the Dutch newspaper she has never wavered in her belief that her son did not kill Holloway.

I believed Joran. Despite his many lies. I felt that he didn't have anything to do with the disappearance of Natalee Holloway in 2005," she said. "He had left her on the beach. I still believe that."

She described her son as a loving boy, but said that something happened to him as he grew up.

"He was a sweet kid, who loved animals and his grandma. Happy, open," she said. "He lost his way along the way. It was gradual

"After he was arrested for Natalee's disappearance, he was traumatized," the paper quoted her as saying. "We made a big mistake then. We sent him to the Netherlands to study. He should have gone to a closed clinic, he needed psychological help even back then. He wasn't getting any rest, he was being persecuted."

Things took a turn for the worse after he was secretly videotaped as he talked about Holloway's death in a rambling conversation. Much of it was shot as he rode in an SUV with Patrick van der Eem, a man working with Dutch journalist Peter R. de Vries. Joran van der Sloot appears to admit he was present when Holloway died and that he helped dump her body in the ocean.

Joran thought van der Eem was his friend.

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/joran-van-der-sloots-mother-son-stephany-flores/story?id=10961460&page=2

"When he walked into the trap of Peter R. de Vries, things went downhill even more quickly," Anita van der Sloot said. "I have seen the rough tapes of the undercover action. His confession was also an impressive feat of editing. Joran was trying to impress. That was not OK.

"After that, people started pointing fingers at him," she said. "He pretended like it didn't affect him. Joran was trying to appear tough ..."

Then, according to the paper, she held her fingers just a little bit apart as she said, "He has a heart like this, even as a little kid," invoking the Dutch expression that having a small heart means you are somewhere between being sensitive and easily scared.

In the e-mail given to close confidante and ex-girlfriend of Joran's, Melody Granadillo, Anita van der Sloot sounded frustrated and angry.

"I am not giving interviews to any American media station because I don't trust them. Stay safe and pray for Joran. He is not the monster they like the world to see. he is traumatized, depressed an has an addiction. He is not a murderer. It stinks and feels like a big trap set up for him," the e-mail said

ABC News' Chris Cuomo sat down exclusively to talk to Granadillo about the man she knew in an interview that aired Friday on "20/20."

Granadillo, 23, met van der Sloot when she was 16 and their teenage love affair blossomed.

"It was real," Granadillo told Cuomo. "We liked looking into each other's eyes."

In a diary that she and van der Sloot kept together, Melody has saved poetry and e-mails he sent to her.

In one entitled "Unforgotten..Unforgettable Love," van der Sloot wrote, "I don't quite remember the time or how you did your hair. I don't recall what was on my mind or who else was there. Filled with the tenderness and sincerity of a first love .... Our noses rubbed before our lips touched. I remember never wanting anyone so much ... It was the moment when I fell in love with you." Granadillo licensed a selection of materials she has kept for years to ABC News.

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/joran-van-der-sloots-mother-son-stephany-flores/story?id=10961460&page=3

Gransdillo told Cuomo that the young Dutch boy who told her her eyes were prettier than the stars was now a changed man.

"I know that he has a gambling problem, so I thought maybe that was taking over," Granadillo said.

Despite their breakup, Granadillo never lost contact with van der Sloot, staying in touch through the disappearance of Natalee Holloway and up until his now-infamous trip to Peru.

Granadillo talked to Cuomo about the Holloway's disappearance and her contact with van der Sloot during his trip to Peru where he met and allegedly killed Flores

On the day that van der Sloot was arrested for the murder of Flores, Granadillo says she received a text message from van der Sloot asking him for money to buy a ticket back to Aruba. In the text message van der Sloot reportedly wrote, "I have some cash with me still so I am fine just lost the bank card and the ticket back today is 520 I would have liked to be able to be back today but cant do anything about it so much bad luck sometimes."

Van der Sloot's text messages stopped as Granadillo heard about the murder of Flores.

"I did feel guilty," Granadillo said. "Maybe if I had stayed in his life, you know, nothing would have happened."

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/joran-van-der-sloots-mother-son-stephany-flores/story?id=10961460&page=4

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #271 on: June 20, 2010, 09:52:35 AM »

Joran van der Sloot to open in jail
Published on : 20 June 2010 - 12:08pm | By Pablo Gámez (RNW)

The case against Dutch murder suspect Joran van der Sloot gets underway on Monday, he will hear the charges against him during a formal opening in the Miguel Castro Castro prison in Peru where he is being held.

The charges will be read out against the Dutchman by Judge Carlos Morales.

The arraignment will take place behind closed doors. In legal terms, what follows is the pre-trial investigation. Van der Sloot's detention can be extended up to twelve months.

During the investigation, the authorities will try to clarify the facts and determine any guilt. Police sources earlier reported that van der Sloot had confessed to the murder of 21-yearold Stephany Flores.

Student Flores was seen on CCTV entering van der Sloot's hotel room after the two had been at a poker tournament - the next day she was found dead and in the meantime van der Sloot had fled to Chile. He was handed back over to the Peruvian authorities after giving himself up to police.

Lawyers for van der Sloot have remained silent but question marks are said to have been raised about the confession.

If declared guilty, Van der Sloot faces a minimum of 15 years imprisonment.

In an exclusive interview with Radio Netherlands Worldwide, Edward Álvarez, lawyer of the Flores family, insists that despite concerns that Joran van der Sloot will get a fair trial in Peru:

"Peru is a democracy and therefore it has an unconditional respect for fundamental rights, among which the judiciary, and the institutions of the penal system guarantee that Joran van der Sloot's will get a fair trial. The principle of the assumption of innocence cannot be questioned until there is a solid and definite judgement."

The way in which Joran van der Sloot was put on display for the national and international press after his arrest provoked criticism in The Netherlands, suggesting that Van der Sloot "had already been condemned by the media."

Álvarez recognises that "there has been mass media attention. This happens frequently in the Peruvian legal system but we cannot, in any case, doubt the assumption of Joran van der Sloot's innocence. Neither can it be presented in a situation that affects his human dignity."

The organisation Prison Law, which supports prisoners worldwide, is one of the bodies that has raised concerns. Spokeswoman Rachel Imamkhan says he has little trust in the Peruvian justice system.

"My experience is that there is little chance of a fair trial in that country. Peru is a party to international treaties but in practice you see little of that."

What may help, according to Imamkhan is the international attention for the case

Evidence

Judge Morales Córdova will have at his disposal the results of psychological and psychiatric tests of Joran van der Sloot, as well as the autopsy report and expert reports in the preliminary investigation.

But Álvarez says there are still gaps:

"There are still many things to finish in the pre-trial investigation. One of the primary things is the reading of the contents of Joran van der Sloot's laptop. We do not know yet what information it contains. We also need to investigate the record of telephone calls that Stephany Flores received. We know that she received calls from Joran during the days before her death. There are people at the casino that were aware of Joran van der Sloot's presence: whether he won money and whether it is true if he entered the place with so much money."

The hard disc of Van der Sloot's computer could also contain information about the murder of US citizen Nathalee Holloway in Aruba in 2005. Van der Sloot remains a suspect in that unresolved case.

Aruba and the US have already asked Peru about the kind of information that the laptop contains.

Extradition

Lawyer Álvarez insists that Joran van der Sloot "will definitely not be extradited. Peru does not have an agreement with the Netherlands, which makes this scenario impossible. Van der Sloot will have to serve his sentence in Peru."

RNW sources who wish to remain anonymous say that Joran van der Sloot's mother is trying to manage her son's extradition to the Netherlands.

http://www.rnw.nl/international-justice/article/joran-van-der-sloot-open-jail

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #272 on: June 21, 2010, 10:22:31 AM »

GBMW posted at RU

Interview Anita van der Sloot in Red / September 2008

Interview with Anita van der Sloot; published in the magazine Red / September 2008

Text by Renee Gielen

Photo by Julia Renfro
(scanned by Black-Tulip; thanks!)

On May, 30 2005 the 18 year old Natalee Holloway disappeared on Aruba. Joran van der Sloot is still considered a suspect. His mother Anita has recently tried to close this disruptive period in her life with an exposition.

Anita, how did the affair of Holloway change your life?

‘From a professor who is intensely involved with students and from a mother who is intensely involved with her children, you’re suddenly the mother of a boy who is a suspect in a case concerning the disappearance of a girl. Who is a suspect of kidnapping, of rape, murder. This has a huge impact. It has hurt me in the depth of my soul. I’ve been especially angry with the approach of the media and how the reports were all one sided. Not being able to function as a regular family, the lies that have been spread about us. That has caused the most hurt, combined with Jorans’ behaviour. I was angry with him for lying. You see very often people drift apart when something awful happens in their lives, but Paul & I only became closer. We were already strong as a family, did a lot of things together, but we only came out stronger. We talk a lot with the children, express emotions much quicker.’

How is your relationship with Joran? Has it changed since May 2005?

Anita hesitates for a moment, and says then: 'Not really. I’m his mother and he is my son. Now and then I feel so much love for him, and now and then I want to kick his behind. Like: hey kid, why do you say that, and why do you do that? People see Joran like he was portrayed in the media. Of course, everyone gets a kick out of the negative things that are extricated. But I see how he kisses his grandmother and holds her hand for half an hour and runs his fingers through her hair. I see the Joran who makes me a cup of coffee, who comes to check in with me regularly when I’m sick: how are you, mum? Those are two different Jorans.

To me Joran is more important as a son, grandson and brother than as the Joran that is portrayed in the media. Joran was also just a regular 17 year old who went to school, got good grades, had nice girlfriends who came over, whose parents I knew, had nice friends, went out like any other 17 year old. Occasionally he did things that made you go: is that really necessary? But no more than other kids his age.

What the media has done with that is just bizarre. They’ve created some kind of monster. It’s got nothing to do with reality. And that has only gotten worse, because this case attracts really weird people. When this case is solved they will leave him alone probably, but he will always remain that kid ‘who was involved with’, the kid who lied, that will continue to haunt him for the rest of his live. And I’m also ‘the mother of’. I’m not the one who’s teaching, not the artist, no, I’m ‘the mother of’.’

Has there been a moment where you doubted Joran?

‘I’ve never thought Joran was a rapist or a murderer. But I have thought for a moment that possibly an accident might have happened, that he might have been afraid to tell? I know he lied because he was afraid he wouldn’t have a graduation party. That he didn’t want his girlfriend to know he went out that night. But if he really had something on his bad record; he would have told me, that kind of trust was there.’

How was it to literally deal with world press?

‘I thought it was bizarre. People are making tent camps around your walls all of a sudden. American media are very bold. We’ve tried to continue our lives as best as possible. I thought it was unpleasant for the children and for their friends when they came over to play. At a certain point we sent our children on a holiday, to friends, to release them from the forceful media.

We really wanted to show ourselves. We’ve always kept the door open for people that had good intentions, we had & have nothing to hide, and then all those stories that start their own life….you can’t stop that.

In the beginning, when that mother (of Natalee Holloway, ed) came here with a large group of friends, we were addressed with quite some aggression. Her behaviour, the conduct of that group… We wanted to talk to those parents, eventually we did. We’ve invited them later on, but we never got a reply. A year ago we wanted to talk to the mother when she was here. She just didn’t want to.’

How did you manage?

‘We just went on with our lives. It happened during summer break, which was nice in a way because I had more time to myself because of that. When the schools started again in August, I just went back to work and the kids went back to school. Paul moved on quickly as well. Working as a teacher is important, I can put a lot of energy in that. And we do our regular things. I do my groceries, I work in the garden, clean my house. Because I teach fulltime, I don’t have a lot of time to sculpture, but this whole mess gave me a lot of sleepless nights. And it still does. Every person would be afraid and tense in these kind of situations. You lose the grip on your life. You’re life is out there, put under a magnifying glass. Nobody can understand what’s it’s like to live in such a situation. Being creative gave me a way to express the negative emotions I felt. I started with a book, some kind of sketching book, in which I work daily. It helped to draw, to write, to paint. I love the combination of those disciplines, making collages, painting, writing… And this exhibition is also a reflection of that process. Here you see about 50 to 60 % of what I’ve made in the last two years. I think every person reaches out to something that gives them some kind of peace. To me that peace came from painting and working with collages. The anger ebbed away, the hurt diminished a bit, so it did help. But if this hadn’t happened this would have been a completely different exhibition. In the exhibition I’m working on right now I want to focus on the authentic Aruban culture. I notice that Aruba is ‘Americanising’. I find that’s such a shame. I’m going to do something with that. I’ve had that plan before, this came kind of in between.’

What I notice in all of your paintings are religious symbols, praying hands, crosses…

‘They are the universal symbols of faith, hope and having trust. I felt that very clearly the last 3 years. That you’re looking for symbols and what they stand for. I did that through painting and combined those symbols. It wasn’t only the painting that gave me some peace. We have let go. Joran has to live his own life. He has to find his own path in what has happened. Of course you offer help as parents, but at a certain point you say: he’s almost 21, he has to go on. We need to go on. You kind of distance yourself. You take a step back. Sometimes it’s like I’m watching a movie. Ok, this has happened to us, but I don’t want a big part in it anymore. Because of that I find this interview very difficult as well. But I do want to do it, to close things, just like with this exhibition.

With that I also feel I’ve closed a heavy 3 years. I don’t know what might lie ahead for us in the future, but I do know I’ll be able to deal with it better. Without wanting to be arrogant, I do have the idea that I’m rising above certain situations and television programmes.’

Looking back, what would you have done differently?

‘I think we would have approached someone who could have helped us concerning the media. At a certain point we made the decision to do some interviews. Only a few, a deliberate choice. Looking back, I wouldn’t have worked with the American media. Talking in another language gives you limitations, you notice that the essence of words can change.’

Do you ever think about the fact that Joran might be arrested again for involvement in this case?

‘Yes, I do think about that. Of course Joran was arrested again this last winter, in the end it turned out to be for no reason at all. I haven’t seen the show itself, but I did see everything, every tape, and then it does come across quite differently. Not less bad, but it did become clear what De Vries & Van der Eem have done to provoke Joran into making statements. If you see every tape with hours of conversations and boasting of especially Van der Eem, it becomes quite clear what they tried to do. It’s not about the truth, it’s about ratings and a lot of money. Every recording is taking out of its context, there has been cutted & pasted. What do you mean: ‘shock damage’? (Anita is referring to the fact that the mother of Natalee Holloway wanted to sue Joran for ‘shock damage’, but no subpoena in this process has been received yet. RG). It has shocked me severely that these kind of things happen in the Netherlands and to a certain point is approved by justice. But what can I do? There are forces & powers going on that are stronger than we could ever be, we’ll have to learn to live with that. It’s about an American girl that disappeared on Aruba, an island that is mainly depended on American tourism, with a Dutch suspect. It’s about economical & political interests. The stepfather of the girl has threatened from the beginning that his fingers reach to the White House. The mother has said she will destroy our family life. This case must be solved of course, we all want that. I still hope that the group of people that is still working on the case will look further, to keep options open that other people might be involved in this, that they will look in America. Around 100 students are walking around there of which 15 of them knew that girl and were more involved, plus the so called ‘chaperones’ who escorted the kids during their trip, I know & hear very little about them. I keep finding that a bizarre story. I would really like that to be explored in depth.’

How do you see your relationship with Joran in the future?

‘Joran has to finish his school. If he doesn’t do that, he’ll have to deal with me and his father. He was suppose to go to college in America in 2005. He had a scholarship for an American university and was suppose to play soccer & tennis for that university, he was really looking forward to that. (silence) And of course, that has all been swept away because of all this. That still hurts, I recently talked to him about it. But he still has a chance to finish a study. And he’s smart enough to study as well. He's clever, it’s up to him to use that intelligence. Other than that, there isn’t much more you can do as a parent than giving good advice & counsel. That’s it, you can’t hold his hand any longer. You can’t lock him up. (voice is getting lower and lower) I wouldn’t want that either. He’s been locked long enough. He knows this is one of his last chances. And I do blame the people that keep lingering about the case. It’s almost impossible for him to move on, to build a future. I think they need to let go of such a kid at a certain time. I hope he’ll find his peace in about 5 or 10 years. That he can live a reasonable normal life. I never would have thought that my life would be like this 3 years ago, but there is more peace now and I hope we will be able to persevere that. And furthermore the people that are involved in this case should do their own thing. I don’t have any influence on that. None.’

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #273 on: June 21, 2010, 10:46:19 AM »

Dutch suspect in Peru, Aruba murders to face questioning
AFP: Monday, June 21, 2010 10:03 AM

LIMA - The Dutch suspect in the killing of a U.S. teenager on holiday in Aruba five years ago will go before a judge Monday to face questions about the killing of a young Peruvian woman in May.

Joran Van der Sloot, who confessed to killing 21-year-old Stephany Flores, found beaten to death in his Lima hotel room, has been held at the Miguel Castro Castro prison since June 11 after confessing to the crime.

His Peruvian lawyer Maximo Altez has told local media that Van der Sloot plans to avoid responding to the judge's questions in a bid to invalidate the police investigation.

Altez said his client would not speak to authorities until the court accepts a writ of habeas corpus for him to challenge his detention. The document was filed a week ago and requested a new police interrogation in the presence of a Altez, a prosecutor and a translator.

Police say their previous interrogation already took place under these circumstances.

In quotes released by Peruvian authorities, Van der Sloot, 22, said he was motivated to kill Flores after she used his laptop without his permission and saw information linking him to the Natalee Holloway case.

He has been charged with first-degree murder in the Flores case, along with aggravated robbery for allegedly taking more than 10,000 dollars of gambling money from Flores.

"She had no right" to see the computer, he said, according to police. "I approached her, she was frightened. We discussed it and she tried to escape. I grabbed her by the neck and hit her."

Van der Sloot has long been a prime suspect in the 2005 disappearance of Holloway, who went missing after a night of drinking with him on the Caribbean island of Aruba.

The son of a prominent judge, Van der Sloot was twice arrested in connection with Holloway's disappearance and spent three months in jail but was never charged.

Foreign attorneys are expected to arrive in Lima in July to help Van der Sloot's defense. One of the lawyers is Joseph Tacopina, who defended the Dutchman in the Holloway case.

The investigation stage of the Flores case could last three to 12 months before giving way to a public trial.

The court has also sought psychological and psychiatric evaluations of Van der Sloot.

Meanwhile, Van der Sloot's mother said in an interview with the Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf that her son suffers from psychological problems and was scheduled to receive treatment at a mental institution in May but instead departed for Peru.

"My son is sick in the head," the newspaper quoted Anita Van der Sloot as saying. She said he had called her days before Flores was killed, sounding "paranoid" and complaining that he was "being followed."

Van der Sloot has told Peruvian police that he knew where to find Holloway's body, and Peruvian officials said they would contact authorities in Aruba if new information were to surface.

"In the event that any evidences arises related to the death of the young American woman (Holloway), the court will assess this evidence and take the necessary measures to obtain proof" and share the information with Dutch authorities, Judge Carlos Morales said.

The Holloway case attracted huge media attention in the United States, the Caribbean and Europe, but was never solved.

Flores was killed on the same day — May 30 — of Holloway's disappearance five years ago in Aruba.

http://news.globaltv.com/world/Dutch+suspect+Peru+Aruba+murders+face+questioning/3181180/story.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #274 on: June 21, 2010, 10:54:15 AM »

'I was duped into confessing,' says Joran van der Sloot
Monday 21 June 2010

Murder suspect Joran van der Sloot has told the Telegraaf newspaper he was duped into confessing to the murder of Peruvian woman Stephany Flores by promises that he would be extradited to the Netherlands.

'During the questioning, I was very scared and confused and wanted to get away,' Van der Sloot told reporters from the newspaper from Castro Castro prison in Lima.

Van der Sloot claims he was told that if he signed the papers he would be sent back to the Netherlands. 'In my blind panic I signed everything, but I did not know what [the documents] said,' he is quoted as saying.

Van der Sloot is due to appear in court on Monday but has said he will refuse to answer questions. 'My lawyer is focusing on all the procedural errors which have been made. I should not even be here,' he told the paper.

The Dutchman has also twice been arrested and released in connection with the disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway on Aruba five years ago.

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2010/06/i_was_duped_into_confessing_sa.php

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #275 on: June 21, 2010, 10:59:38 AM »

Joran's confession in the Stephany Flores murder:

Andreaus Peter Joran van der Sloot (22) from Arnhem , born August 6, 1987. Marital status: single. Son of Paul and Anita van der Sloot van der Sloot. Education: Bachelor of the Han HAN Nijmegen . Living in Aruba, but enrolled in Arnhem .

Present the lawyer Luz Marina Romero Chinchay and the witness and translator of the Dutch Embassy Maurice Stein.

Questions from the police and the representative of the Public

1.Via translator: Do you have advice from a lawyer for that statement?

-My lawyer is present.

2. Explain why your statement about the murder of Tatiana Flores Stephany Ramirez (1921) on June 5 has failed to finish, despite the presence of a representative of the OM , the translator and the lawyer?

- Because I was tired and had not slept in 24 hours. I wanted my statement and my lawyer told me that I had better wait until the end of police investigations and the right to talk.

3. Since when you are on the Homicide Division and you know why you are being detained?

- I've been here since June 5 and that is because of the murder of Stephany Flores.

4. What do you do for work, where, since when and how much you earn?

- I have one thing in Thailand . Selling pizza, sandwiches and coffee, which I earn 20,000 euros annually. I do this already 2.5 years.

5. Why did you come to Peru and how and when you come to Lima ?

I arrived in Lima to participate in the international poker tournament, by plane from Aruba , from Bogotá, on May 14, 2010.

6. Do you know the person Elton Garcia and the person who lives Stephany Flores Tatiana Ramirez (21) was called? If yes, please indicate where and when you came to know and tell them about your relationship to them.

Elton-Garcia is a friend of mine. I met him two weeks ago to know the Atlantic City casinos in Lima . Stephany Flores, I have met in Atlantic City casinos, about May 27 She was a knowledge I have not been granted.

7. You explain further what activities you did between May 14, the day you arrived in Lima , and May 30?

- I often go to Atlantic City casinos have. I've shopped in Larco Marco and in the center of Lima . And I went to the casinos of the Marriott Hotel and Fiesta, opposite Atlantic City .

8.Where have you lived since you came to Lima on May 14 and how much you paid for this?

- I was in room 309 of Hotel TAC WONG opposite the supermarket in Miraflores, and paid 50 soles per night.

9. What were you doing on May 29 between 18.00 and 2.00 on May 30?

- On May 29th I went to Atlantic City casinos to 18.00 at blackjack and poker. I drank pisco sour whiskey and cola. I think I played blackjack 18.00 to 2.00u and 2.00u to 5.00u poker.

10. Tell in detail what happened between the murder of Stephany Flores in Room 309 of Hotel TAC and your flight to Chile .

- On May 30th I was at 2.00u with different people play poker when Stephany Flores sat at my table. Then I played cards some two to three hours, always in her presence. For five hours she told me she wanted to play more on the Intenet . They proposed a way to go together. We played for a bit and  then left to hotel TAC in Stephany's car, a black 4x4.

We arrived at around half past five and went to my room to play poker at my laptop. At one point I opened my mailbox and saw a message: "I'll murder you, mongooltje", referring to the Holloway case. I started with Stephany Flores to talk about the case. I explained that I was five years ago was arrested, I was suspicious of the disappearance of the girl. That was half hours after we had entered Room 309.

As I said, she hit me on my head with her left fist. I reacted impulsively by a blow with my right elbow to give precisely on her nose. There was blood everywhere. She seemed half unconscious. I was so angry that I had with both hands grabbed at her throat and strangled her, one minute long. Then I realized what I was doing.

I got up thinking what to do. There was also blood on my shirt and on the bed. When I took my shirt and I pushed it hard on her face, until she was dead. Then I thought: now what? I left the hotel but the receptionist told me I had to move the car. I went back to room 309. I wanted to flee the hotel. I grabbed my two bags and I drove away with the car. I do not remember where. I have about five minutes driving around. Then I took a taxi to the international airport "Jorge Chavez". Then I thought that I better not by plane could go. I took a taxi to the other side of town, at a bus terminal.

As I packed for 600 soles a taxi to another town whose name I do not remember. Since I took another taxi for 500 soles to Nazca. In Nazca someone drove me 100 soles to the following cities. When we arrived I talked with the taxi driver about the murder of Stephany Flores. "I have committed murder, I want out of Peru ," I said. "Wait for the next city," he replied. Once there, he said: "My friends are not now, maybe it's better if you have a bus takes." "You told me you would bring me to Arica , please do that too,"  I said back. The driver: "Slowly, we're going to eat something."

We did that and then came his friends turn. They asked $ 1,500 for the trip. I agreed. I had at that time only $ 500 cash in his pocket. I said I would pin the rest from an ATM. We left in a white mini van, but said the move wegpolitie our papers. The drivers then advised me to throw away a bag. I threw my briefcase beige sport away.

Then they said they would bring me to Arica when my stuff would not specify. They wanted my cell phone, my watch, two perfumes, books, clothing (including jeans and a few polos from Lacoste brand) and some other stuff. When we arrived at the border post, in Tacna , remained one of the drivers behind because his ID was fake.

I went across the border with the two Peruvians who had ridden piece from Nazca. Until we, at approximately 16:00 on May 31, arrived in Chile . I tried with my debit card to one thousand U.S. dollars, but I could only get five hundred. The Peruvians said that I also had to pay the rest. To have no problems with them, told me that I had two watches, one of the Ferrari brand, with a value of $ 7000.

I gave the watch to one of them, but the other kept it with him. I promised that I would call a day later and I was by Western Union the remaining $ 500 would make. At the time of transfer, I would tell them where they had to give back the watch. If I would have inside, I'd pay $ 500. After having agreed that, they left.

I spent the night in a hotel in Arica , I do not remember the name. A day later, on June 1st, I'm in town all day and I stayed at night caught a bus to Antofagasta . Since I took the plane to Santiago , where I arrived at 14h00. I went to a place called Vasco de Gama, where I took a shower in a hotel. I dropped my gear and took a taxi to Santiago .

Someone approached me and asked me if I ever "Coffee with feet 'had been drinking. I said no. Then he took me to a bar where naked women were serving coffee. I befriended this man and he invited me to his home. As I kept drinking liquor. I stayed there to sleep because I was drunk.

A day later I left, back to Vasco de Gama, and I saw the taxi that my picture in the newspaper and that they were looking for a murderer Holland . I asked the taxi driver to bring me to a police station. At the police station in Vasco de Gama I talked with the agents. I said: "I'm in the paper that the Peruvian police search for murder me." She looked at me weird and said 'wait'. Then a female police officer. "It is better if you go to another police station because we know nothing of."

I told the next taxi driver that I wanted to vomit. "A cousin of mine has been police chief in Santiago . If you want, I call him, "he said. I asked him to do so. He spoke five minutes and gave me the phone. In Spanish, I was managing, I explained to him that the Peruvian police searched me. He asked me where I came from. From the Netherlands , I said. When he called back a little later, he told me at the police headquarters in Santiago to go.

Along the taxi driver kept calling. He said: "My cousin tells me that she'll go for safety intercept." It took another hour before police intercepted my taxi. They drove me in a private car to the Migration Service in Santiago . They explained that I was not arrested was that I could do what I wanted. I used the computer and ate. Until I was told that my extradition to Peru soon.

I said I did not agree that I wanted to talk with a lawyer. They told me that I have nothing to say. That a decision by the government. I asked if I could not be extradited to the Netherlands . That would see them. Then they repeated that I was not arrested, but to take me because of a decision from higher up the country would expand, to Peru .

11. How were you dressed and Stephany on May 30?

- I had a blue jeans, which brand I do not know. I have several. Furthermore, a beige shirt with long sleeves and white Nike sneakers that I wear now. Stephany had a blue jeans. And a polo shirt and shoes, I think.

12. Do you get an object used to kill Stephany?

- No

13. Specify where you have beaten her and how often.

- I saw her only once beaten her nose with my right elbow.

14. Is Prince racket in the hotel room was found for the murder?

- The racket that you showed me, I did not used to save the victim.

15. Is this garment of One Star Converse, beige, with long sleeves and blood, the same clothing you wore on May 30 and used to Stephany to suffocate?

- Yes.

16. Who is this white-turquoise purse at the place of offense was found and there was what exactly?

- From Stephany. There were three fit, one Visa, one of a bank, an ID card. And an amount of 850 soles.

17. What happened to the contents of the wallet happened after you had slain Stephany?

- Stephany I knew had money, but I did not know much and I knew not that fit. They exchanged their chips in before leaving the casino. After having killed her, I took after her and her money.

18. If after the murder further property (like jewelry) by Stephany stolen?

- She had no jewels. I've only her stolen jeep.

19. Why did you leave the jeep when passing Jorge Chavez-Surco?

I do not know, because I thought not clear and the city of Lima does not know.

20. What was the true motive for Stephany to murder?

- I do not know. But when she hit me on my head, I became lost control of my actions. I did not know what I did. I know now what I did, but the motive is unknown to me. It was an impulsive act after a blow to my head I had.

21. Why you fled to Chile after the assassination and gave you about the police, while that in Peru could have done?

- I'm not clear after. I would just as soon as possible away from the crime scene and leave the country. But when I arrived in Chile and saw my picture in the newspapers, I decided to surrender to the Chilean authorities.

22. Why did you room 309 after the murder to return with two cups of coffee in hand?

- I do not know. I simply do not know what I was thinking.

23. If after the murder at any time considered the victim's body to hide?

- Yes, that thought has gone through my head. But I could not stand it anymore, there was a lot of blood in the room.

24. How do you explain the wounds in the face and several parts of the body and skull fracture noted during the autopsy?

- I do not know how these injuries have been achieved.

25. As you have indicated you Stephany strangled with both hands. Specifies where the victim was found and what position you took time.

- They sat on the bed when I gave her a hard elbow. I think her head hit the wall backwards. Then she started to bleed. Then I immediately sat down on her and started to strangle her with two hands. I gave her one minute so held. Then I saw her on the floor. But she was still breathing. Then I turned off my shirt and pressed her face hard-n. I do not know how long but she stopped breathing. I think I got her so slain.

26. Is it true that you then have attracted her clothes and if so, why?

- I really do not know, but I think so. It was after her to have slain. It was her pants and her shoes, but nothing else. I do not know why I did it.

27. Where would you have the body of Stephany want to hide?

No idea, but it also occurred to me.

28. What attracted you garment after the murder, given that the shirt covered with blood?

- A red black striped shirt with a V-neck.

29. Do you have the blood of the floor swept and if so, which?

- Yes. With the duvet and sheets.

30. Give a description of the appearance of those flight to Arica possible.

Three men have driven me to Arica . The first was thin, hairy, small and had a dark skin. He brought me to Nazca Ica. The second was heavily built, dark hair, long and he brought me from Nazca to Arica and had a dark skin. The third was the brother of the first and looked at him, but his face was a bit fuller. He was the owner of the vehicle. She asked me money and have robbed me of my Nokia phone, garments, my Ferrari watch worth $ 7,000 and two perfumes which I forgot the brand. They said they would show me if I would not give money.

31. Are you for the championship of the Latin America Poker Tour casino Atlancic City came and, if so, standing before you enrolled?

- Yes, I came to this tournament. But I was not registered because the organization until June 1 would arrive.

32 - Which phone rang Stephany you and where is the phone?

- I had a Peruvian SIM card, but I ID. One of the taxi drivers, the phone, it is Carlos Alberto EURIB Pretil.

33. What things did you have with you when you left room 309 after the murder?

-A backpack with papers, laptop, clothes and a beige bag with clothing, books. The money I took from Stephany's wallet, when I added my own money.

34. Stephany won money when they played in the casino with you and if so how much?

- I do not think they would gain.

35. For what reason did you Stephany to Room 309?

In order to continue playing poker on the Inter net .

36. Stephany said what to you when they hit you on your head?

- I was explaining it to me five years earlier was accused of the suppression of a girl because I get a message through Facebook had received. She listened to me and suddenly it hit me. I do not know why.

37. Why did you kill Stephany?

- After I had given her a slap, I was afraid they would leave to the police and that she would hold me. It was an impulsive act. I think I killed her because I thought not.

38. According to the autopsy report had Stephany amphetamines in her blood. Have you given her something to drink that contained amphetamine?

- No

39. You drank together in the casino and if so, what and how much?

- I Pepsi, pisco sour whiskey and cola. Stephany and wine, I believe. I stole something from 18.00h to ten glasses of wine.

40. Where does the money come you left the country?

- I had $ 25,000 with me when I walked in Peru , but I have not declared. I Chile I pinned on June 2 $ 500. That was my Click2Pay account, an organization that facilitates payment via the Inter net . I have a pass but has remained in Chile with my belongings.

41. Where did that $ 25,000 come from and why has this not shown?

- I made a TV show about Inter net fraud, and for that information I received  $25,000 from Uri Geller from the Netherlands . First $ 10,000 in cash and then $ 15,000 in my bank account of SNS Bank in the Netherlands . I also have  an ABN account. Furthermore I had received $ 9,000 for providing information about the Holloway case one Quinsy John Kelly. A week before I arrived in Peru I had won $ 6,000 in casinos in Aruba . Moreover, I have some poker accounts. I travel around the world with a lot of money playing poker and I am never on. I do not see why I should be doing. It takes only time that questions about the origin of the money.

42. If you've already committed a serious offense or you've been involved? If so, why and where?

- The only event was the Holloway case in Aruba five years ago, for various suspicions.

QUESTIONS OF THE ADVOCATE

43. Have you voluntarily surrendered or were the brothers and Aparcana Pisconte EURIB Pretil who suggested that?

- Yes, I have voluntarily surrendered. It was my decision.

44. Do you have something to add or change to this statement?

"I want to read everything. And I wish to discuss the Natalee Holloway case. There are chances that if this process quickly and smoothly, I am extradited to Aruba . I want to talk about the case but not now. I want to talk with the police in Aruba . If there is a risk that the case be closed, then I am willing to assist in clarifying it."

And it has nothing to add.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #276 on: June 21, 2010, 11:05:55 AM »

Joran van der Sloot Retracts 'Forced' Confession to Flores Murder
Updated: Monday, 21 Jun 2010, 7:41 AM CDT
Published : Monday, 21 Jun 2010, 7:41 AM CDT

(NewsCore) - Joran van der Sloot took back his confession to the brutal murder of Peruvian student Stephany Flores, saying police had "tricked" him with false promises of extradition to Aruba, Dutch daily newspaper De Telegraaf reported Monday.

The 21-year-old, also a prime suspect in the 2005 disappearance of American tourist Natalee Holloway, described his "blind panic" when confronted with the extradition papers following his apprehension in Chile.

"I was scared during the interrogation and confused and wanted to leave," van der Sloot said from his cell in Lima's notorious Miguel Castro Castro prison. Previous reports indicated that van der Sloot had been petrified of being locked up in Peru. He told the Dutch newspaper his cell was infested with rats.

Van der Sloot did not give details on how exactly he was tricked, telling the paper, "How exactly this (trickery) happened, I will tell you later."

The Dutch national has changed his story regarding how Flores' severely beaten corpse came to be in his hotel room, telling authorities last week that she had been attacked by an armed robber.

Story shifting is not new for van der Sloot, who, in 2008 told Fox News anchor Greta van Susteren that he had sold 18-year-old Holloway to a man who traveled between Aruba and Venezuela. He later admitted to fabricating the story and returned to his former stance that he had nothing to do with Holloway's disappearance.

After confessing to murdering Flores after a night of poker playing, van der Sloot told authorities he would lead them to Holloway's body if they sent him back to Aruba. It is unclear if van der Sloot retracted this offer along with his confession.

Van der Sloot is due to face a Peruvian judge on charges of first degree murder Monday.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpps/news/joran-van-der-sloot-retracts-confession-to-flores-murder-dpgonc-20100621-fc_8229634

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #277 on: June 21, 2010, 11:22:20 AM »

STEPHANY FLORES CASE

The actual interview:

Target

..... It then became clear that Joran had been a target for an FBI-operation in Aruba. "I thought it was strange that the attorney for the Holloways was on the island. I now believe that Joran might have done something to Stephany in Peru. Maybe an act of rage? I don't know. I'm very saddened that that businessman Flores lost his daughter, and I my son. That's the way it feels like." .....

NATALEE HOLLOWAY CASE

Transcript: Van der Sloots Speak
Thursday, June 23, 2005

ANITA VAN DER SLOOT, MOTHER OF DUTCH SUSPECT: It's extremely tough. He's in custody now for 13, 14 days, I think. I have lost count. And I love my child. I believe in him 200 percent. And it's just like a big nightmare. We don't know how to deal with it because you can't deal with it. We think about the family a lot because their life is a nightmare, too, but our life is a nightmare, too.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,160471,00.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #278 on: June 21, 2010, 12:06:31 PM »

Joran Van Der Sloot to Dutch Reporter: I was Framed!
Published June 21, 2010

The Dutch Newspaper De Telegraafclaims to have an exclusive interview with Joran Van der Sloot from his prison cell in Castro Castro prison in Peru. This is the same newspaper that Anita Van der Sloot, Joran's mother, agreed to talk to a day earlier.

The Dutchman has confessed to killing Stephany Flores in Peru. Van der Sloot is also a suspect in the 2005 disappearance of Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway in Aruba.

In the interview Joran Van der Sloot claims that he was scared and confused during his interrogation and that he wanted to leave. "If you sign these papers you will be extradited to the Netherlands..." Van der Sloot said he was told by Peruvian authorities. "In my blind panic I signed everything, but I didn't know what it all said."

"I was tricked into it," said Van der Sloot about the killing of Stephany Flores.

"How exactly all this happened, I will tell you later."

Joran Van der Sloot also told reporters of rats that crawl through his prison cell at night.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5507588/joran_van_der_sloot_to_dutch_reporter.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #279 on: June 21, 2010, 12:33:22 PM »

Joran van der Sloot Says He Was Tricked into Murder Confession
Accused Killer Shares Cell With Murderer, Corrupt General and Rats

By JOHN QUINONES and MARK MOONEY
June 21, 2010

Joran van der Sloot is now claiming that he was tricked into confessing that he killed Peruvian Stephany Flores and says that he will "explain later" what really happened.

The Dutch playboy also complained that he has to share his prison cellblock with a Colombian murderer, a corrupt Peruvian general and rats that creep into his cell through the toilet at night.

Van der Sloot, 22, is accused of murdering Flores and is the prime suspect in the disappearance of American teen Natalee Holloway  in Aruba five years ago.

His claim of being fooled into confessing to murder came one day after his mother, Anita van der Sloot, conceded that her son "could have done something" to Flores and that she could no longer hug him.

Her son, however, is now insisting that he didn't realize he was signing a murder confession, which was written in Spanish. Van der Sloot speaks some Spanish.

"During the interrogations I was very frightened and confused, and I wanted to leave," van der Sloot told the Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf in the notorious Castro Castro jail in Lima, Peru.

"'If you sign these papers you will be extradited to the Netherlands,' they were telling me all the time. In my blind panic I then signed everything, but I did not even know what was written down," he told the newspaper.

When asked about the murder of Flores, van der Sloot replied, "I have been framed. What happened exactly, I will explain later."

In the alleged confession, van der Sloot is quoted as saying he met Flores at a Lima casino and they were playing poker in his room when an email popped up on his computer linking him to the Holloway case.

He claims Flores became upset and struck him. Enraged, van der Sloot allegedly smashed her in the nose with his elbow. Blood gushed out and she nearly fainted from the blow, the confession states. He then grabbed her by the throat and banged her head against the wall, the confession says. He finally used his shirt to smother her, according to the reputed confession.

As ABC News reported at the time of his arrest, van der Sloot appeared confused before signing some police documents. He even asked his interrogatiors, "This only says I understand what my rights are, correct?"

The murder suspect today is scheduled to be brought before a judge in Lima who will interrogate him.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/International/joran-van-der-sloot-tricked-signing-murder-confession/story?id=10968585

Van Der Sloot's Mom Still Believes He's Innocent in Natalee Holloway's Disappearance
Van der Sloot, who is the son of a judge, is even losing the support of his mother, who only recently insisted her son "is not a murderer" and once said that the van der Sloot family believes "200 percent that he's innocent."

This weekend, however, his mother told De Telegraaph, "I now believe that Joran may indeed have done something to Stephany in Peru. Maybe in a burst of anger? I don't know."

During the emotional interview, Anita van der Sloot said, "I will not visit him in his cell. I cannot embrace him."

At another point, the distraught mother added, "It's time to let him go. I cannot cry for Joran. If he killed Stephany, then he will have to carry the burden of that. He who commits a crime has to pay."

She described her son as a loving boy, but said that something happened to him as he grew up.

"He was a sweet kid, who loved animals and his grandma. Happy, open," she said. "He lost his way along the way. It was gradual.

"After he was arrested for Natalee's disappearance, he was traumatized," the paper quoted her as saying. "We then made a big mistake. We sent him to the Netherlands to study. He should have gone to a closed clinic. He needed psychological help even back then. He wasn't getting any rest, he was being persecuted."

Anita van der Sloot still believes her son is innocent in Holloway's disappearance.

"I believed Joran. Despite his many lies. I felt that he didn't have anything to do with the disappearance of Natalee Holloway in 2005," she said. "He had left her on the beach. I still believe that."

Dr. Michael Wellner, one of America's top forensic psychologists, told "Good Morning America" today, said it wasn't surprising for van der Sloot to try to take back his confession.

"He realizes that the confession was very damaging to him, not only with his legal situation, but with his own family, so I would expect him to do this."

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/International/joran-van-der-sloot-tricked-signing-murder-confession/story?id=10968585&page=2

Joran van der Sloot's Past

Those family ties have likely been critical to van der Sloot in the past.
"We know it's quite possible that he killed two young women in two countries with no accountability... Maybe he went from country to country because he had the financial means to do so, because he had a mother and a support system that said, 'My son can do no wrong,'" Wellner said.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/International/joran-van-der-sloot-tricked-signing-murder-confession/story?id=10968585&page=3

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.