March 18, 2024, 09:27:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JORAN VAN DER SLOOT MURDERS AGAIN? Articles only - no discussion please  (Read 220592 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #420 on: September 17, 2010, 04:13:49 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/09/17/holloway.case/?hpt=Sbin

Natalee Holloway's mother meets with van der Sloot
By the CNN Wire Staff

(CNN) -- The mother of missing American teen Natalee Holloway met with the man suspected in her daughter's disappearance this week at the Peruvian prison where he is being held in another woman's death, attorneys for both sides said Friday.

Beth Holloway is in Peru with a Dutch documentary maker. Producers for the the Dutch journalist who is accompanying her posted a note on his website that said journalist Peter de Vries and the mother made a trip to Castro Castro prison to see suspect Joran van der Sloot.

Beth Holloway's attorney, John Q. Kelly, confirmed the trip to CNN Friday saying, "She was at Castro Castro prison and she saw Joran."

Van der Sloot's attorney, Lima Maximo Altez, also confirmed the meeting, telling CNN that it took place on Wednesday -- female visitor day at the prison.

Altez said Holloway arrived with a group of Dutch journalists and asked to meet prison officials.

Altez said van der Sloot was brought to the meeting "practically by force."

Peru's "24 Horas" television program reported that Holloway spoke to van der Sloot for about five minutes before van der Sloot canceled the meeting because his lawyer was not present. The program reported that they spoke very little and treated each other well.

According to Altez, Holloway told van der Sloot that she doesn't have any hatred in her heart towards him. Van der Sloot replied that he understood, but that he couldn't talk to her further, and handed her his attorney's business card, Altez said.

Holloway has not reached out to Altez, he said.

Kelly told CNN that Holloway didn't initially tell him about her planned trip to Peru until after she was already in the country.

"She just said she wanted to see Joran, she didn't give me any of the substance of what she was going to talk about," he told NBC's "Today."

Kelly said he spoke to Holloway after she saw van der Sloot, but told CNN he doesn't know what she said or how long she spent with van der Sloot.

"She's been very guarded," he told "Today."

De Vries said the crew did not break any rules and prison officials knew of their visit.

However, Castro Castro spokesman Bruno Guzman told CNN Thursday that Holloway was never allowed inside the prison.

De Vries denied media reports that prison authorities detained them and confiscated the documentary crew's gear. Kelly also shot down those reports.

"I know she definitely wasn't arrested. ... Nothing was taken from her. It was done without violating any laws or breaking any regulations," Kelly told "Today."

Early Friday morning, the receptionist at the Sheraton hotel in Lima, Peru, told CNN that Holloway was in her room, where she checked in by herself.

A woman in the room answered the phone in English, then immediately hung up.

Kelly told "Today" that he doesn't believe Holloway's purpose in meeting with van der Sloot -- whom he has called a "pathological liar" -- was to get answers out of him. Instead, Kelly said, "I think it was more to deliver the message that he might be in Peru but she hasn't gone away. She's determined to get answers, and you know, she wants to bring Natalee home."

Van der Sloot is imprisoned awaiting trial on a murder charge in the death of Peruvian student Stephany Flores.

Flores body was found in May in a hotel room registered to van der Sloot, which the two were seen entering on surveillance camera video.

He also is charged with a count of wire fraud and a count of extortion in Alabama for allegedly trying to extort more than $250,000 from Holloway's family in return for disclosing the location of her body.

Natalee Holloway was last seen in the early hours of May 30, 2005, leaving an Oranjestad, Aruba, nightclub with van der Sloot and two other men, brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe. She was visiting the island with about 100 classmates to celebrate their graduation from Mountain Brook High School in suburban Birmingham, Alabama.

Van der Sloot was arrested twice in Aruba in connection with the younger Holloway's disappearance, but was never charged.

He has denied responsibility for her disappearance.

In a jailhouse interview with a Dutch television station this month, van der Sloot said he is remorseful for telling so many stories regarding the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, but once again denied culpability in the case.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #421 on: September 17, 2010, 09:50:56 PM »

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #422 on: September 17, 2010, 10:15:08 PM »

September 17, 2010
Natalee Holloway's mom visits Joran van der Sloot in jail
Posted: 02:46 PM ET

There are so many rumors swirling about Beth Holloway's visit to Lima, Peru and face-to-face meeting with Joran van der Sloot at Castro Castro. Let's look at the facts and start from the beginning. 

I just spoke with Enrique Flores, Stephany Flores’ brother, who says that on Tuesday of this week, at the invitation of Beth Holloway, he went to her Lima hotel to meet with her. Enrique says he was met with television cameras, which was extremely surprising to him. Beth asked him how the family was doing and continued to express her sympathies. Enrique says that Beth asked him about Stephany’s case…what was happening and also asked how long he believed Joran van der Sloot might serve in prison. Enrique told the camera crew he wasn’t giving interviews and was not talking about the case. He said the meeting with Beth then ended.

“It was very short," said Flores.

In Session’s Mayra Cuevas has spoken to Joran’s attorney, Maximo Altez, in Lima. He says Beth Holloway went to Castro Castro on Wednesday with a group of Dutch journalists. Wednesdays are women visitor days. They asked to meet with the director of the prison and he asked Joran to be brought into the meeting.

“They took Joran practically by force," said Altez.

Altez says Beth told Joran she didn't have any hatred in her heart towards him. Joran told her he understood but that he couldn't talk to her and he gave her his attorney’s business card. Beth hasn't reached out to Altez.

Beth Holloway’s attorney, John Q. Kelly, confirmed to In Session his client has been in Lima and was in Castro Castro. Although he spoke with Beth, after her visit with van der Sloot, he tells me she is not telling him what was said during the meeting with Joran. He does not know when she will return to the U.S.

Why did she go down to South America?

Beth Holloway's representative tells In Session she is working on a story with Dutch investigative journalist Peter de Vries. Several years ago de Vries got that much talked about hidden camera interview with Joran as they were driving in a van. During the interview Joran admitted he was with Natalee when she died.

http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/17/natalee-holloways-mom-visits-joran-van-der-sloot-in-jail/?iref=allsearch

IT'S IS EASY!

Page 219:
   I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me. 

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #423 on: September 18, 2010, 12:12:37 AM »

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Beth-Holloway-is-Back-in-Aruba/oizuEO6AMU-HO1SjmJxYKw.cspx

Beth Holloway is Back in Aruba

Beth Holloway is once again on the island where her daughter Natalee disappeared five years ago. This surprising trip comes after a visit to a Peruvian prison.

Snap shots were taken at the airport in Aruba Friday afternoon. They show Beth Holloway and some accomplices leaving the airport in a white van. Jossy Monsur is the editor of the Diario newspaper in Aruba.

He says, “She came from Lima to Panama to Aruba. What she's doing here we don't know.”

Thursday, Dutch media reported Beth was inside Castro Castro Prison in Peru with a Dutch journalist to see Joran van der Sloot. Beth's attorney John Kelly confirmed the trip. He says Holloway wanted Joran to know she isn't going away.

“She had a hidden camera. They interrogated her very briefly and then let her go. She stayed in Peru I understand in order to talk to the parents of the girl Joran murdered in Lima and after that I imagine now, she must have come to Aruba what she came to do we don't know,” Monsur says.

Beth Holloway is no stranger to the island, almost everyone living there knows who she is. Monsur says it's hard to tell how the people living in Aruba will take the news that she's back on the island.

“A lot of people that have sympathies for her and a lot of people who have no sympathies for her because they consider she did a lot of damage to the name of the island. So it's a mixed feeling here,” Monsur says.

Now, the mother of missing Mountain Brook teenager Natalee Holloway will stay in Aruba, on her continued quest to find out what happened to Natalee.

The Dutch crime reporter with Holloway in Peru is working on an in-depth story on the Natalee Holloway case. It's not clear if he is with Beth Holloway in Aruba.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #424 on: September 20, 2010, 02:01:19 PM »

Translated:

OM in conversation with Beth and Peter R. de Vries
September 18, 2010, 14:17 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - Beth Holloway and crime reporter Peter R. de Vries arrived in Aruba yesterday. Today they talk with Chief Peter Blanken of the Public Prosecutor (OM).

"I just had them on the line," said Whites Amigoe this morning. "We have made an appointment for today." The chief says that he still knows De Vries, Rotterdam. "I worked on a cold case. Then I used the opportunities offered by Peter R. de Vries, his network, branding and research methods. "The chief did not say where he wants to talk about the duo.

Beth and De Vries are supposedly to shoot a documentary about the disappearance of Natalee, the daughter of Beth. They disappeared in 2005 in Aruba. The pair arrived on Friday and they leave Monday. They came from Peru, where she wanted to speak Joran van der Sloot. He is in custody in the Castro Castro prison on suspicion of the murder of the Peruvian Stephany Flores. Joran is still the prime suspect in the disappearance of Natalee never dissolved. Joran's lawyer told a news agency that Beth Joran wanted to ask about the disappearance of her daughter. Joran refused to talk to.

When asked by this newspaper or OM, as indicated earlier, still plans to go to Peru to be questioned on Joran Natalee, Whites answered chief: "We have no final decision. We currently tend to not to go. "According to Whites, the interrogation of Joran at a strategic moment to happen. "If we suspect that he wants to make a clean sweep. That is why we have not. "

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_78358.php

'Rita Cosby Live & Direct' for Sept. 14th
updated 9/15/2005 12:13:33 PM ET

BETH TWITTY, MOTHER OF NATALEE HOLLOWAY: We will keep going back to Aruba over and over again. This is far from over. They know—they have the answers there on the island.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9354188/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #425 on: September 20, 2010, 04:36:24 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_78384.php

Public Prosecutor in conversation with Beth and Peter R. de Vries

18 Sep, 2010, 10:12 (GMT -04:00)

Email dit artikel 
Print dit artikel 

Beth Holloway gets into a waiting vehicle at Reina Beatrix airport.

ORANJESTAD — Beth Holloway and crime reporter Peter R. de Vries arrived on Aruba yesterday. Today, they will be speaking with field officer Peter Blanken from the Public Prosecutor (OM).

“I just spoke with her on the telephone”, Blanken told the Amigoe this morning. “We made an appointment for today.” The field officer says that he still knows De Vries from Rotterdam. “I was working on a cold case at the time. That’s when I made use of the possibilities Peter R. de Vries had available: his network, his reputation and investigation methods.” The field officer did not wish to say what the duo wanted to see him about.

According to reports, Beth and De Vries are here to shoot a documentary on the disappearance of Natalee, Beth’s daughter. She disappeared on Aruba in 2005. The duo arrived Friday evening and will be leaving on Monday. They had come from Peru where she wanted to speak with Joran van der Sloot. He is on remand in the Castro Castro prison on suspicion of murdering the Peruvian Stephany Flores. Joran is still the main suspect in the never solved disappearance case of Natalee. Joran’s lawyer said before a press agency that Beth wanted to question Joran on the disappearance of her daughter. However, Joran refused to be engaged in a conversation.

On the question from this newspaper whether the OM, as indicated earlier, is still planning to go to Peru to question Joran about Natalee, field officer Blanken says, “We have not taken a definite decision. At this moment, we are inclined not to go.” According to Blanken, the questioning of Joran must take place at a strategic moment. “When we have the presumption that he wants to clear things up; we don’t have that idea yet.”

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #426 on: September 20, 2010, 04:38:07 PM »

This one may have already been posted:

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_78347.php

Beth Holloway visits prison in Peru

17 Sep, 2010, 14:00 (GMT -04:00)

Email dit artikel 
Print dit artikel 

ORANJESTAD/LIMA — Beth Holloway, the mother of the disappeared Natalee in 2005 on Aruba, is in Peru together with crime reporter Peter R. de Vries. They visited the heavily protected Castro Castro prison, where Joran van der Sloot is held in custody.

De Vries confirmed the aforementioned on his website. However, he denies the rumors that Beth was arrested in Peru when she tried to enter the Castro Castro prison with a hidden camera. Those rumors are circulating in several media. According to these reports, the mother of the American teenager – and the crime reporter – tried to visit Joran, who is still in remand on suspicion of murdering Stephany Flores. Apparently, Beth was allowed to leave the prison again after a short interrogation.

On his site, De Vries mentions that ‘he nor Beth, or any other member of the crew was detained or held in custody’. “Every report stating or suggesting this is absolutely incorrect.” He also denies that hidden camera equipment or recordings were confiscated. He emphasizes that ‘nothing was done or undertaken that was inconsistent with previously made agreements and applicable regulations in Peru or in the Castro Castro prison.”

What precisely did occur and why they are in Peru, the crime reporter did not wish to say. The only thing that was made known was that De Vries is making a documentary on the activities together with Beth Holloway. Expectations are that the Dutch station SBS 6 will broadcast the documentary within short. The documentary will explain the precise purpose for them traveling to Peru, and their findings.

Popular
The media attention for Joran also yielded the murder suspect a multitude of fans. According to Dutch media, a spokesperson of institute ‘Prisoners in Peru’ supposedly said Joran receives increasingly more supporting letters from the Netherlands. “It must regard women who fall for the wrong men”, a spokesperson stated in AD.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #427 on: September 20, 2010, 04:40:20 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_78430.php

Google translation:

Extortion Case filmed Joran

September 20, 2010, 14:23 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article 
Print this article 

ORANGE CITY - Beth Holloway and Peter R. de Vries were on the island last weekend for a report to make on the extortion family Holloway Joran van der Sloot. Today they go back from Aruba.

This morning Chief Peter Blanken told this newspaper. The chief said Saturday the pair told him so they were shooting on the island to a report of the extortion. For example, they include recordings of the neighborhood where, according to Joran Opal's body disappeared Natalee Holloway in 2005 would be buried. Joran has information about the known location of the body of Natalee Holloway sold to the family. Then he was in Alabama including extortion charged. Currently, Castro Castro prison in Joran in custody on suspicion of the murder of 21-year-old Peruvian Stephany Flores on May 30 this year.

It was also the first white men to encounter with Beth, though he had spoken by phone or earlier. "It was good to meet you," said the chief. "They also asked for the state of affairs and whether there were new developments." Blank told her that no new development but there are still police capacity wordt used for the case. "There is still some information inside. Not everything can we take seriously. What seriously is that we investigate natural. "The chief did Beth great pleasure to know that the disappearance of her daughter in 2005 is still of concern to the judiciary. Well she told whites to be realistic and few new developments to be expected from the survey. She has also given in the interview that she hopes that Joran is finally a real time business gives opening.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #428 on: September 24, 2010, 02:13:43 PM »

September 17, 2010

There are so many rumors swirling about Beth Holloway's visit to Lima, Peru and face-to-face meeting with Joran van der Sloot at Castro Castro. Let's look at the facts and start from the beginning. 

I just spoke with Enrique Flores, Stephany Flores’ brother, who says that on Tuesday of this week, at the invitation of Beth Holloway, he went to her Lima hotel to meet with her. Enrique says he was met with television cameras, which was extremely surprising to him. Beth asked him how the family was doing and continued to express her sympathies. Enrique says that Beth asked him about Stephany’s case…what was happening and also asked how long he believed Joran van der Sloot might serve in prison. Enrique told the camera crew he wasn’t giving interviews and was not talking about the case. He said the meeting with Beth then ended.

In Session’s Mayra Cuevas has spoken to Joran’s attorney, Maximo Altez, in Lima. He says Beth Holloway went to Castro Castro on Wednesday with a group of Dutch journalists. Wednesdays are women visitor days. They asked to meet with the director of the prison and he asked Joran to be brought into the meeting.

“They took Joran practically by force," said Altez.

Altez says Beth told Joran she didn't have any hatred in her heart towards him.  Joran told her he understood but that he couldn't talk to her and he gave her his attorney’s business card. Beth hasn't reached out to Altez.

Beth Holloway’s attorney, John Q. Kelly, confirmed to In Session his client has been in Lima and was in Castro Castro. Although he spoke with Beth, after her visit with van der Sloot, he tells me she is not telling him what was said during the meeting with Joran. He does not know when she will return to the U.S.

Why did she go down to South America?

Beth Holloway's representative tells In Session she is working on a story with Dutch investigative journalist Peter de Vries. Several years ago de Vries got that much talked about hidden camera interview with Joran as they were driving in a van. During the interview Joran admitted he was with Natalee when she died.

-Jean Casarez, In Session Correspondent

http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/17/natalee-holloways-mom-visits-joran-van-der-sloot-in-jail/?iref=allsearch

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #429 on: September 25, 2010, 12:12:51 AM »

Sorry if this has been posted, but I hadn't seen it:

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Holloway-and-de-Vries-leave-Aruba/EvxHMcKCy0myZsWgf6cPJw.cspx
Holloway and de Vries leave Aruba
September 20, 2010

Birmingham, Al  (WIAT)  Natalee Holloway's mother Beth has left Aruba in the company of Dutch reporter Peter de Vries.  Their next stop isn't clear, but the Dutch television crew they have been working with is still on the island.

Holloway is working with de Vries on a documentary about Natalee's disappearance that will run on Dutch television.  Natalee disappeared on a graduation trip to Aruba back in 2005.  She was last seen in the company of Joran van der Sloot who is currently in prison in Peru awaiting trial for the murder of a 21 year old Peruvian student, Stephany Flores.

Beth Holloway and de Vries caused an international stir last week when they briefly met with van der Sloot in Lima's Castro Castro prison.  They were asked to leave when prison officials discovered who Beth Holloway was.

They left Peru and flew to Aruba where they reportedly shot footage documenting Natalee's last known steps.  According to Jossy Mansur, editor of the Aruban newspaper El Diario, they had the cooperation of prosecutors investigating Joran van der Sloot's involvement in the disappearance.  Van der Sloot was questioned several times by Aruban authorities over the years since but has never been charged.  He is still considered the prime suspect in the case.

Peter de Vries has a long involvement in the Natalee case as well.  He's the reporter who has on several occasions aired video of van der Sloot telling a variety of stories about Natalee's fate...all of which van der Sloot later denied or admitted he was making them up.

CBS42.com has e-mailed a list of questions to de Vries but we haven't yet had a response.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #430 on: October 05, 2010, 01:40:49 PM »

Beth Holloway: “Hope always comes"
Last Update: 10/03 3:30 pm

Beth Holloway, the mother of Natalee Holloway, told an audience at the Arkansas Methodist Medical Center that her life has become a journey of hope.

Speaking in Paragould, Arkansas, Holloway told the audience that Natalee's disappearance on a 2005 graduation trip to Aruba holds lessons for all families.

“Hope always comes,” Holloway said. “Embrace it, put action behind it and make it real.”

As Holloway told the story of going to Aruba and looking for her teenage daughter and the efforts she has made to ensure other families won’t have to share her pain, she continuously referred to the various phases of hope she experienced as she made her journey from “victim to victor.”

The Paragould Daily Press says she told the audience “Natalee could be your loved one and you could be me,”  emphasizing how her experience could happen to anyone.

As her search continued, Holloway said her “spirit” was hopeful when she received a lead that could answer her questions about her daughter’s disappearance, and then said her spirit sank to the lowest point possible when she found out her daughter was not going to be found.

Holloway said her tribute to Natalee is to continue to inform others about the dangers of “letting your guard down.”

“We don’t teach our children to be careful because we live in fear,” she said. “We teach them because we do not live in a safe world. She [Natalee] didn’t see it coming; she had a false sense of security.”

Holloway went on to talk about the importance of developing a “full circle” safety plan when traveling as well as the MayDay360 program, a program she helped to develop to address personal safety for anyone traveling to another country.

Holloway also spoke about the Natalee Holloway Resource Center she helped to develop to provide education and help to anyone who has a missing loved one.

Holloway was recently in both Aruba and Peru with Dutch reporter Peter R. de Vries who is working on a documentary for Dutch television.  While in Peru, Holloway accompanied de Vries TV crew into the prison cell of Joran van der Sloot, the prime suspect in Natalee's disappearance.  Van der Sloot is in Peru's Castro Castro prison awaiting trial on charges he murdered 21 year old student Stephany Flores.  Flores' body was found in van der Sloot's Lima hotel room five years to the day of Natalee's disappearance on Aruba.  Van der Sloot confessed to killing Flores after she found material relating to Natalee on his laptop.

After the controversial prison visit Beth Holloway and de Vries subsequently spent some time in Aruba before de Vries returned home to Europe and Holloway to America. 

CBS42 is in contact with de Vries who says it's too soon to discuss his upcoming TV project.  De Vries is the reporter who has gotten a variety of confessions from van der Sloot about Natalee's fate, all of which van der Sloot later denied or retracted.

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Beth-Holloway-Hope-always-comes/MwfN993ghkKV3a6hCr5fCw.cspx

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #431 on: October 06, 2010, 04:04:58 PM »

October 6, 2010
Van der Sloot allegedly offered drugs in prison
Posted: 08:55 AM ET

In Session has obtained exclusive video from CNN affiliate America TV showing prison inmate Joran van der Sloot, being approached by an unknown man speaking to him in Spanish and allegedly offering him marijuana for a price.

Van der Sloot appears shirtless outside his protective custody cell wing inside Peru’s maximum security prison Castro Castro. The video appears to have been shot during daytime hours and according to America TV, sometime in August.

The identity of the man is unknown but the conversation heard on the tape is as follows:

Man: "I have marihuana, are you buying? Oe, Oe, Oe gringo! Gringo Van der Sloot!" 

Joran: "Can you sell it to me for five soles?"

Man: "You want five more? and five fakes? and you give me one more? one more?"

When asked about the alleged transaction for drugs Van der Sloot’s attorney, Maximo Altez, tells In Session "this has been staged... I have asked the National Correctional Institute (INPE) to conduct an investigation."

Altez goes on to give In Session an explanation for van der Sloot being shirtless.

"Joran got permission to paint his cell, we asked and where granted permission. Painting is part of his rehabilitation. He was painting and the guards where talking to him. He took off his shirt so that he wouldn't paint his clothes. He is painting and the guards are talking to him. I took him the paint myself. It was a yellowish color."

The Public Information officer of Lima’s Castro Castro prison, Bruno Guzman, told In Session:

"This matter is under investigation. You can see an inmate offering him marihuana. Joran was not wearing a shirt because he was painting his area. He wanted to improve his conditions."

On the legal front, Altez says the defense is still waiting for a decision in their appeal of a lower court’s Habeas Corpus ruling. Justices had ruled 2-1 that van der Sloot’s constitutional rights had not been violated.

Although this three-judge panel arrived at the same decision, it was on varying theories, so a fourth judge had to be brought in to hear additional oral argument. Under Peruvian law, three judges must be unanimous in their appellate order.

While the defense awaits this decision, the investigation against van der Sloot continues in the murder of Lima University student Stephany Flores. She was found dead in van der Sloot’s Lima hotel room in the early morning hours of June 2, 2010.

Van der Sloot, who had been visiting Peru, has been charged with her murder. No word on a trial date.

– Jean Casarez, In Session Correspondent

http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/06/van-der-sloot-allegedly-offered-drugs-in-prison/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #432 on: October 06, 2010, 04:08:10 PM »

Beth Holloway working with Dutch reporter on daughter Natalee Holloway's disappearance, spokeswoman confirms (with videos)
Published: Friday, September 17, 2010, 1:15 PM
Updated: Friday, September 17, 2010, 1:56 PM

Beth Holloway is working on a project with a Dutch television crew, but was not arrested in Peru, contrary to widespread reports, her spokeswoman said today.

"She was not arrested or detained and nothing was taken from her," said Sunny Tillman. "Beth is working with Peter de Vries on a special report. Peter can provide further comment on the content of that report." 

Tillman declined to say further what happened in Peru, but did say Holloway remains out of the United States. The TV report will appear in a few weeks.

De Vries is a high-profile criminal reporter in the Netherlands who made headlines two years ago with his report on the disappearance of Holloway's daughter, Mountain Brook teen Natalee Holloway in Aruba. His report was based on hidden-camera interviews with Joran van der Sloot, who was last seen with the teen before her disappearance on May 30, 2005.

Holloway's lawyer told NBC's "Today" that she entered Castro Castro prison where van der Sloot is being held in the murder of a Peruvian woman "without violating any laws or breaking any regulations" and spoke with the inmate.

Attorney John Q. Kelly said Holloway didn't expect to get answers about Natalee's disappearance but wanted van der Sloot to know "she hasn't gone away."

In Peru, a spokesman for the national penal authority said Holloway's name did not appear in the visitor registry of the prison.

"That woman did not enter the prison," the spokesman, Bruno Guzman, told the Associated Press. He did acknowledge that a group of Dutch journalists visited the prison and interviewed Van der Sloot in early September.

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2010/09/post_595.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #433 on: October 17, 2010, 05:44:33 PM »

NANCY GRACE
Van Der Sloot Confession Transcript Released
Aired June 14, 2010 - 20:00:00   ET

JOHN LUDWICK, FRIEND OF JORAN VAN DER SLOOT: Hi. How`re you doing?

NANCY GRACE, HOST: I`m great. But I`m concerned about Joran Van Der Sloot`s confession. It does not sound truthful to me. Tell me, how do you know Joran Van Der Sloot?

LUDWICK: I met him in Aruba a few months back, when he came back for his father`s memorial towards the end of February.

GRACE: Yes.

LUDWICK: Yes.

GRACE: How much time -- did you spend a fair bit of time with him?

LUDWICK: Yes. Just about every day for about three-and-a-half months, I was with him, so...

GRACE: Did you know that he was a suspect in the death of American girl Natalee Holloway?

LUDWICK: Yes. That`s how I recognized him when we first met and we started hanging out.

GRACE: May I ask what attracted you to a potential murderer?

LUDWICK: Well, he was never proven guilty, so I wouldn`t call him that, maybe a suspect. But I mean, he seemed like...

GRACE: OK. I`ll use your phrasing. May I ask you what attracted you to a murder suspect?

LUDWICK: I mean, he seemed like he`d be a cool guy and he ended up being -- what the media makes him out to be is far from the truth. He`s a good friend and...

GRACE: Elizabeth, please put Mr. Ludwick up. OK. What were you saying, dear?

LUDWICK: I said what the media portrays him as is far from the truth. He`s a good person and a good friend. And he`s not the serial killer sociopath, psychopath you guys -- the media makes him out to be.

GRACE: OK, Mr. Ludwick, I have in my hand his confession verbatim. And it says, "I hit her in the face on the nose. There was blood everywhere. I think she started to faint. It affected me so that I grabbed her from the neck and strangled her for a moment."

Blood was everywhere. Is that the good guy that you`re referring to that`s been misportrayed in the media, that then takes the girl`s clothes off after she`s dead and breaks her neck?

LUDWICK: I`m basing it on the Joran I knew, and that`s not the Joran I know. I can`t speak for what happened that night, but the Joran I know is a good person.

<snipped>

GRACE: We are taking your calls live. With us is a special guest, John Ludwick is a friend of Joran Van Der Sloot. He`s joining us from Washington, D.C. tonight.

Mr. Ludwick, are you from the states?

MR. LUDWICK, FRIEND OF MURDER SUSPECT, JORAN VAN DER SLOOT: Yes, I`m from Alexandria, Virginia.

GRACE: And do your parents know of your friendship with Joran Van Der Sloot?

LUDWICK: Yes, they do.

GRACE: And what do they think of it?

LUDWICK: I mean, they have mixed opinions. But, I mean, he`s my friend and it`s my choice.

GRACE: Right. When you say mixed opinions, what do you mean by that?

LUDWICK: Because of the past alleged incident. I mean --

GRACE: Please put Mr. Ludwick up.

Mr. Ludwick, he`s confessed to breaking somebody`s neck -- a girl`s neck -- and then taking her clothes off after she is dead. And then it says, I used the comforter and the sheets to clean up all the blood from the floor. I only cleaned the floor. He left the rest of the room just bloody.

You know another can of worms. Here is an e-mail exchange between you and Joran Van Der Sloot where he says, happy birthday, I hope you had a good day. This is May 29.

And remember how important family and friends are. By the way, can you send me some money through Western Union tomorrow? Remember that?

LUDWICK: Yes, I do.

GRACE: Did you send him money?

LUDWICK: No, I didn`t. He had told me -- that was the evening of May 29th and I guess the alleged event happened later -- a few hours later into the 30th. But he told me he needed money to get back to Aruba. So, I mean, before I had a chance to help him out, I couldn`t get ahold of him. And then the news said what it said.

GRACE: Sir, it`s not just the news said what it said. The news is not like a being walking around this studio that just spouts things off. The news is what he did and said. It`s just not -- didn`t fall from the sky and hit you on the head.

This is what Joran Van Der Sloot said. But, sir, obviously, you`re going to choose to believe what you want to believe. What, if anything, did he tell you about Natalee Holloway?

LUDWICK: We only had one main discussion on it. And it was an evening that we watched the Natalee Holloway movie on TV. And he just told me parts of the movie that were true and parts that weren`t true. And that`s about at length as I want to get into it.

GRACE: Did you ask him more things?

LUDWICK: No, I didn`t bring it up. He talked to me about it. But I`m not -- I don`t want to get into any more of that.

GRACE: You mean, you don`t want to tell me more about it, right? Or you didn`t want to get into more of it with him?

LUDWICK: No, I don`t want to bring that up at this time.

GRACE: Well, I would advise you to get ready for a subpoena to find out in a court of law what he had to say about Natalee Holloway`s death.

<snipped>

GRACE: To you, Mr. Ludwick, what kind of things would you do together?

LUDWICK: Mainly we went to the casino and he liked to play poker. I just watched or played slots. But he really -- I`d say he had a gambling addiction. But he`d play poker almost every night.

GRACE: Did he ever mention where he got the money? Did he ever mention he was in the middle of a shakedown on the dead girl`s mother for $250,000 to name where the dead girl`s body is?

LUDWICK: I know he had money because he ran a coffee shop in Thailand. So he had some money saved for that. But after a while, his money started running low. And that`s when I guess the contact happened with that.

GRACE: What contact?

LUDWICK: That`s when I guess he tried to contact John Kelly or Beth Holloway and that stuff happened when he ran out -- started running out of money.

GRACE: Mr. Ludwick, why do you say he tried to contact them? What he tried to do was extort $250,000 in exchange for the location of Natalee`s body. It would seem to me that you would be concerned that he knew where a dead body was? If you knew where a dead body was, Mr. Ludwick, wouldn`t you tell police?

LUDWICK: Not if it compromised me, maybe not.

GRACE: Well, OK, obviously -- I learned, I think, in kindergarten two plus two equals four. But if Van Der Sloot won`t tell where the body is because it compromises him, that means he`s involved in the murder.

Did that not bother you during all the months you were out at casinos with him?

LUDWICK: I mean I was never in fear for my safety, I mean.

http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1006/14/ng.01.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #434 on: October 17, 2010, 05:46:18 PM »

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Van-der-Sloot-true-story-book/zMY1TGGVkU2Kc8LMCiU6pA.cspx

Van der Sloot "true story" book

Last Update: 11:51 am

Birmingham, Al  (WIAT)  Probably no one knows the "true story" of Joran van der Sloot, including van der Sloot, but a pair of Dutch crime reporters are coming out with a book that promises just that about the accused murderer of Stephany Flores and the prime suspect in the disappearance of Mountain Brook teen Natalee Holloway.

Joran's Murder Mysteries promises "The complete story about the true role of Joran van der Sloot in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway and the killing of Stephany Flores."

The book, due out October 19, was co-written by Bert Huisjes and John van den Heuvel, the reporter who recently interviewed van der Sloot in his Castro Castro prison cell in Lima, Peru. That interview which appeared in De Telegraaf as well as on Dutch television contained little about the Natalee Holloway case beyond van der Sloot's admission that he scammed Natalee's family out of $25,000.

"I wanted to get back at Natalee's family - her parents have been making my life tough for five years," the paper quoted him as saying from prison in Peru. "When they offered to pay for the girl's location, I thought: 'Why not'?"

Since the cell block interview by van den Heuvel, van der Sloot got a surprise visit by Natalee Holloway's mother Beth who snuck into his prison as part of another Dutch TV crew.

He's also been accused of trying to by drugs from a prison guard.....allegations that his Peruvian lawyer is demanding prison officials investigate as a set up.

And his still waits a decision on his attempt to get his murder confession thrown out on technical irregularities.  He confessed to killing 21 year old student Stephany Flores after she found material relating to Natalee Holloway on his laptop.  Flores' body was found in van der Sloot's Lima hotel room five years to the day of Natalee's disappearance on a graduation trip to Aruba.  She was last seen with van der Sloot. 

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #435 on: October 19, 2010, 02:15:34 PM »

Older article from June...

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5512796/insanity_plea_unlikely_for_joran_van.html

Insanity Plea Unlikely for Joran Van Der Sloot: Mother's Declarations Won't Likely Help

Published June 22, 2010 by:
Sheila Chase

Joran van der Sloot's mother, Anita van der Sloot claims that her son is not mentally well. She says that Joran went to Peru to avoid a "high security section of a psychiatric hospital," according to CNN. Even so, CNN reports that medical authorities declare that Joran can "perceive and evaluate reality." So, what does this mean for Joran van der Sloot? Well, it certainly means that authorities are taking every precaution to secure the conviction of a sane young man, but it also means that an insanity plea would not be a wise move for Joran van der Sloot. What evidence does Joran' mother, Anita van der Sloot, really base her medical conclusion on? Was a psychiatric facility treating Joran van der Sloot as an outpatient? What warranted a "high security section" of a psychiatric facility? Even more, why would a psychiatric facility allow such a patient to leave if he needed to be in "high security"?

What about Anita van der Sloot just now telling this information? Is she telling this now just to help out her son? Why did she not tell it before to help keep others safe from her son's mental state? If, in fact, this is true that Joran went to Peru to avoid such "high security" circumstances, why did Anita van der Sloot not contact (Peruvian or Aruban) authorities? Did she not know that a person who is in need of high security psychiatric care could be harmful to self or others? Does Anita van der Sloot see that she could hold some responsibility in this situation if she's telling the truth about her son's mental fitness? According to CNN, she says that Joran suffered psychological distress because he blamed himself for his father's death. Isn't this shifting the blame, a bit?

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #436 on: October 19, 2010, 02:16:29 PM »

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #437 on: October 19, 2010, 02:17:21 PM »

http://www.ako.nl/product/9789085109525/jorans-moordmysteries-john-van-den-heuvel/

Joran Murder Mysteries

The mysteries surrounding the disappearance of Natalee Holloway and the killing of Stephany Flores 

Author: John van den Heuvel

Dutch - Paperback
House of Knowledge | October 2010

Write the first Review
Share this article

On working days ordered before 16:00, tomorrow at home
Price: € 19.95
No delivery

DESCRIPTION

Joran in murder mysteries reveal Telegraph journalist John van den Heuvel and Bert Houses many new facts in the criminal proceedings against Joran van der Sloot. They had access to confidential medical records and secret research documents and unravel the possible conspiracy behind the disappearance of Natalee Holloway and the killing of Stephany Flores. This book, with unique photos from the infamous Castro Castro prison, is the first truly complete story of Joran van der Sloot.

It is an almost incredible story. In May 2005 an American girl disappears in Aruba: Natalee Holloway. She seems the vanished after a night out with the then 17-year-old Joran van der Sloot. Exactly five years later, another girl went missing in Peru. A search for Stephany Flores leads to a hotel room in Lima, which is in the name of Joran van der Sloot. Stephany is found murdered. Like Natalee Holloway Joran met the girl for the first time in a casino.

The charges against Joran van der Sloot now control the world news for over five years and raise many questions. Where is Natalee? Joran is a dangerous psychopath or a wild animal hunted by the media? Why Stephany Flores was exactly five years after the disappearance of Natalee murdered? What dubious role played enforcement agencies in Aruba and the United States? Joran van der Sloot ever come available?

John van den Heuvel and Bert Houses are both renowned crime reporters De Telegraaf newspaper. The authors of "Joran murder mysteries for years to publish controversial articles about serious crime. Their previous joint books of William Holleeder Era '(2008), "Fallen Angel" (2009) and "Kidnapping!" (2010) were genuine bestseller.
REVIEWS (0)

DETAILS

Sort of book    Paperback
Publisher    House of Knowledge, Release Date: 2010
ISBN-13   9789085109525
ISBN-10   9085109523
Language   Dutch

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #438 on: October 19, 2010, 02:25:38 PM »

Van der Sloot "true story" book
Last Update: 10/17 11:51 am

Birmingham, Al  (WIAT)  Probably no one knows the "true story" of Joran van der Sloot, including van der Sloot, but a pair of Dutch crime reporters are coming out with a book that promises just that about the accused murderer of Stephany Flores and the prime suspect in the disappearance of Mountain Brook teen Natalee Holloway.

Joran's Murder Mysteries promises "The complete story about the true role of Joran van der Sloot in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway and the killing of Stephany Flores."

The book, due out October 19, was co-written by Bert Huisjes and John van den Heuvel, the reporter who recently interviewed van der Sloot in his Castro Castro prison cell in Lima, Peru. That interview which appeared in De Telegraaf as well as on Dutch television contained little about the Natalee Holloway case beyond van der Sloot's admission that he scammed Natalee's family out of $25,000.

"I wanted to get back at Natalee's family - her parents have been making my life tough for five years," the paper quoted him as saying from prison in Peru. "When they offered to pay for the girl's location, I thought: 'Why not'?"

Since the cell block interview by van den Heuvel, van der Sloot got a surprise visit by Natalee Holloway's mother Beth who snuck into his prison as part of another Dutch TV crew.

He's also been accused of trying to by drugs from a prison guard.....allegations that his Peruvian lawyer is demanding prison officials investigate as a set up.

And his still waits a decision on his attempt to get his murder confession thrown out on technical irregularities.  He confessed to killing 21 year old student Stephany Flores after she found material relating to Natalee Holloway on his laptop.  Flores' body was found in van der Sloot's Lima hotel room five years to the day of Natalee's disappearance on a graduation trip to Aruba.  She was last seen with van der Sloot.

http://www.cbs42.com/mostpopular/story/Van-der-Sloot-true-story-book/zMY1TGGVkU2Kc8LMCiU6pA.cspx

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #439 on: October 24, 2010, 06:50:13 PM »

September 17, 2010

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.