March 29, 2024, 04:41:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #834 6/4/10 - 6/6/10  (Read 420897 times)
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1120 on: June 05, 2010, 07:33:11 PM »

I woke up this morning in my comfy bed, between clean sheets, in my air conditioned home, and felt a little frisson of satisfaction that Joran will never again experience these simple comforts.  As I showered and dressed I remember that Peruvian prisoners in the video fought over a bucket of water and wore the same rags for years.  Joran will never again experience a warm shower or clean, fashionable clothing.  He will not talk to his friends on MySpace or even touch a laptop again; he'll never sip a cup of coffee again or enjoy a cheeseburger and Pepsi for lunch.  I feel very satisfied that he will not, ever again, experience the simple pleasures that are the reward for a life well-lived. 

My sense is that justice is served.  We always knew that his lifestyle and choices would be his downfall, but this is really more than I even imagined.  I honestly thought he might find himself, at the worst, in a local jail for a while.  I am so pleased that he's in a Peruvian prison, probably for the rest of his life.  I was so disappointed when he only spent a few months in an Aruban jail, but l always knew that life isn't fair, and thought this was one of those blatant injustices.  If anyone has not watched the three short videos about the Peruvian prison, then you must watch these.  You will feel that Natalee has been avenged.

great post AZ. Joran is a creature of habit.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1121 on: June 05, 2010, 07:33:49 PM »

RU poll is quite telling:

You could put one of those polls up here........ with a "helmet and safety glasses required" sign.

We'd blow the top out of it!!!

You know I just cannot understand how ANYONE, and I mean ANYONE can deny he killed Stephany! There's a camera just outside the door..............

We SEE her walk in so I'm quite sure she's alive. If Joran is the only one seen coming or going on that camera before she is discovered dead, then he killed her. End of story, case closed. Anybody that whines about "well, i don't know, I'm not sure, blah, blah, blah" needs to jump off a high bridge and improve the gene pool.

3 people at RU qualify!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1122 on: June 05, 2010, 07:39:46 PM »

Joran is facing at least a couple years in a Peruvian prison before his case even goes to trial.  Anita is his only hope of obtaining legal representation and basic living necessities for the next couple years.  She needs to bring him money.  Without money, he's facing a living hell and may not survive it.

Where is the legal representation the DUTCH said they would pay for, for him??

Nut,  I read they said they would NOT be paying for a lawyer for him.  They would offer assistance if he need help on something like health issues only.  (that is what the consulate said)

Ohhhh okay, thanks. I hadn't read that. I only saw the first report that they would give him representation.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1123 on: June 05, 2010, 07:39:48 PM »

After all this time, time God gave each of us to use as we wished. Time we choose to spend here together. Fighting an injustice that was apparent from the beginning. It is refreshing to know You / I / WE we were right about it all.

I never doubted where my heart took me - cause I always follow it. And hey, I've been burned, but that says more about "them" than it does me. In this case, I always knew we right from day 5.

There's nothing like the feeling of vindication. And that vindication came with the highest price anyone will ever pay.

+++

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1124 on: June 05, 2010, 07:40:16 PM »

I wonder what those three people are smoking.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1125 on: June 05, 2010, 07:41:50 PM »

Nothing. They aren't allowed to play with matches. They have imaginary crackpipes. And they're happy with them.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1126 on: June 05, 2010, 07:41:55 PM »

would you consider placing that same poll for the monks and monkettes ??

+++

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1127 on: June 05, 2010, 07:43:16 PM »

Nothing. They aren't allowed to play with matches. They have imaginary crackpipes.

OMG.  LMAO.    They must be nuts.
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1128 on: June 05, 2010, 07:43:27 PM »

Joran will be assigned and moved to a prison within the next week.  He will stay there until he dies.  The outcome of the trial is obvious.  The Peruvians know what he did to Stephany.  It's over.  After five years, it's finally over.  I think the trial itself will be an anticlimax.  His move to prison in the next week will be the culmination of five years of frustration, tears, anger and heartache.  When the door locks behind him, it will be over.  That was a huge, collective sigh of relief you heard.  I hope we get video of the prison door shutting behind him as that will be the last picture we will see of this monster.

BRING NATALEE HOME
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1129 on: June 05, 2010, 07:46:20 PM »

From twitter:

Peuvian officials: Joran van der Sloot has requested to see his mother

I have been waiting for this............I am surprised she isn;t there already....and who knows perhaps she is

And I'm surprised that we haven't seen some high powered international attorney come forward. 

Where's BOZO?  He is a perfect fit for this!  I am going to suggest it on his facebook!! <monkeywink>

LOL-suggest he take A. L. to Peru with him.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1130 on: June 05, 2010, 07:47:08 PM »

You could put one of those polls up here........ with a "helmet and safety glasses required" sign.

We'd blow the top out of it!!!

You know I just cannot understand how ANYONE, and I mean ANYONE can deny he killed Stephany! There's a camera just outside the door..............

We SEE her walk in so I'm quite sure she's alive. If Joran is the only one seen coming or going on that camera before she is discovered dead, then he killed her. End of story, case closed. Anybody that whines about "well, i don't know, I'm not sure, blah, blah, blah" needs to jump off a high bridge and improve the gene pool.

3 people at RU qualify!

I just sat on a jury with "three RU'ers". No wonder we were deadlocked. Thank Goodness the criminal decided to take a plea, and away he goes.

Infuriating.

+++

AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1131 on: June 05, 2010, 07:49:38 PM »

After all this time, time God gave each of us to use as we wished. Time we choose to spend here together. Fighting an injustice that was apparent from the beginning. It is refreshing to know You / I / WE we were right about it all.

I never doubted where my heart took me - cause I always follow it. And hey, I've been burned, but that says more about "them" than it does me. In this case, I always knew we right from day 5.

There's nothing like the feeling of vindication. And that vindication came with the highest price anyone will ever pay.
I'm feeling the same sense of vindication, Rob.  I'm not a vindictive person and I don't wish harm to anyone, but I do believe in justice.  Justice can't be served when evidence doesn't exist, but this frustration drove many of us to anger and even our own forms of retribution.  This week's events are almost indescribably satisfying.  I guess you had to be there.  Wink

BRING NATALEE HOME
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1132 on: June 05, 2010, 07:50:45 PM »

Joran will be assigned and moved to a prison within the next week.  He will stay there until he dies.  The outcome of the trial is obvious.  The Peruvians know what he did to Stephany.  It's over.  After five years, it's finally over.  I think the trial itself will be an anticlimax.  His move to prison in the next week will be the culmination of five years of frustration, tears, anger and heartache.  When the door locks behind him, it will be over.  That was a huge, collective sigh of relief you heard.  I hope we get video of the prison door shutting behind him as that will be the last picture we will see of this monster.

my sentiments exactly. O V E R.

I sleep the sleep of angels knowing he has raped and killed his last woman.

End of the road for that dead ender.

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1133 on: June 05, 2010, 07:54:28 PM »

I'm feeling the same sense of vindication, Rob.  I'm not a vindictive person and I don't wish harm to anyone, but I do believe in justice.  Justice can't be served when evidence doesn't exist, but this frustration drove many of us to anger and even our own forms of retribution.  This week's events are almost indescribably satisfying.  I guess you had to be there.  Wink

once someone said - 'monsters are real'. Said it right here @ SM. That person is no longer with us due to his own inclination.

When I was a kid, I thought a monster was thing that lived in my grandmother's closet. It wore a shower cap on it's metal head and had a robot-like body. It was called the "operator". I grew to learn that monsters are real, and shower caps are not needed.

+++

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1134 on: June 05, 2010, 07:56:06 PM »

Why Chile?

Joran van der Sloot, who remains as suspects in the Natalie Holloway case, has again the international press. This week, please note on the very day five years ago, Van der Sloot as a suspect image again, this time in the murder of Peruvian Stephany Flores in a hotel in Lima, Peru. This time there is a body and the maps are quite different than in the Holloway case in which evidence already numerous ways towards Van der Sloot.

Now Interpol has already issued an international warrant. Yet known and confirmed that Van der Sloot from neighboring Peru to Chile would have fled and the Chilean military authorities were now looking for van der Sloot. This commitment is Chile, while neatly accommodate the request of Interpol, but whether it has any value remains doubtful, at least, thinks that Van der Sloot apparently. It is not just that Van der Sloot from Peru to neighboring Chile is exiled, but it seems that Van der Sloot a crucial error in this.

Van der Sloot probably know very well that the relations between Chile and Peru under the category of fire and water, and cat and dog. Chile and Peru have been arch enemies for centuries an ancient lingering dispute over land boundaries. Netherlands fetched as some years ago, the rage of the Peruvian government on the neck, when it was decided by the Netherlands to Dutch F16 aircraft waste and scrap Leopard tanks to Chile to sell.

As a Chilean, one can better not go to Peru as a Peruvian is better not dare to visit Chile. Noteworthy in this is that the Peruvian driver (s) van der Sloot at the border where it has sold his journey but had to continue into a Chilean cab. It shows the enormous hostility between Peru and Chile, in case the Peruvians and Chileans. Van der Sloot can only in this new case tried and possibly convicted in Peru. However, there are no extradition treaties between the arch foes Chile and Peru, and Van der Sloot knows full well probably. .

Although the relationship between Chile and Peru as cat and dog, from time to time, very gently back and forth some small attempts to some extent the relationship between the two countries to improve the mutual hatred and aversion to remove. Any Van der Sloot arrested in Chile is oil on the fire in the Peruvian population, if not be extradited to Peru and that is what the governments of both countries not to wait.

The Peruvian daily La Republica has reported that although there is no extradition treaty between Chile and Peru, it nevertheless hopeful appears that Chile still extradition to Peru will proceed if they are Van der Sloot can arrest and extradition to Peru alone as signal of goodwill to the relations between the two countries to step up. That apparently explains that Van der Sloot has made contact with his lawyer in order to prevent this scenario ..

This is not just a crime probably half of Van der Sloot, but he now has the big mistake made by themselves to form part of a political game between Chile and Peru that are very cautiously try their mutual relations. If the latter indeed happen, what there is to like, and Van der Sloot will be extradited to Peru and found guilty, Van der Sloot wait for the rest of his life a veritable hell.

From my own experience I can speak in such South American countries when visiting major cities to some extent on Western tourists should be alert to. As a North American or European Westerner is one of the mostly poor population regarded with some envy as well regarded as a rich capitalist. Count on it when terrible strict prison regime where mutual fights, stabbings and mutilations are the order of the day and the realization of a true "hell" penetrates. Van der Sloot will be many times worse if Peruvian inmates are aware of it that the "rich capitalist Westerner" probably because a life sentence because this is a young Peruvian woman's life has brought. In Peru, the Westerner has the cold shoulder by men if it has any docks with a Peruvian let alone like this again for her life brings.

It looks very weird for Van der Sloot. Any possible request from the Netherlands to the Peruvian authorities to end in conviction of Van der Sloot to extradite him to the Kingdom of the Netherlands to be here or overseas territories in order to convert his sentence to Dutch standards and to leave will not ear of Peru: such extradition treaties or conventions on prisoners exchange between the Netherlands and Peru because there are not. In Peru, you should just be for the crime you've committed it in the country.

Even if the Netherlands in other ways try this which is unlikely, the probability of willingness or cooperation from the Peruvian authorities virtually nil. The Peruvian government is still "not amused" about the Dutch trade spirit and has fiercely criticized by their arms from the Netherlands to Peru's archenemy Chile are still very high.

Van der Sloot probably thought naively that his trip to Chile for centuries hostile was a subterfuge to avoid persecution in Peru but in the political arena, Van der Sloot himself very deeply in the fingers cut. Van der Sloot himself, without knowing or realizing it, an instrument made to the relations between Chile and Peru to improve a bit again.

If you're lucky, which is likely because of the manhunt that the Chileans have opened on Van der Sloot, is the end story for Van der Sloot, folded his book shut and does him his due: a Peruvian prison regime for the rest of his life.

Translated by using google language tools

http://www.wuz.nl/artikel/45901.De%20cruciale%20fout%20van%20Joran%20van%20der%20Sloot.html?cid=rss
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1135 on: June 05, 2010, 08:06:38 PM »

In my heart, I know that God sometimes places terrible excruciating burdens on those we love. It is part of God's plan for humanity. I don't question it any longer. Lord knows I have asked and asked and asked. Acceptance eventually arrives.

I used to asked - Why Natalee? I think I asked that so many times I may have challenged even Beth and Dave. Natalee was such a sweet and loving girl. How does one rationalize that? So I leave it to God. < sigh >

On the Earthly plane we are only meant to understand so much. Just enough to make our lives all that we want them to be. Enter Freewill.

Sometimes worlds collide.

Our time here is short. Just enough to make it all interesting. Just enough to do some good to further mankind.

In our own way we all contributed something here that furthered mankind over the last five years, and for that - I hold my head high.

+++

AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1136 on: June 05, 2010, 08:07:51 PM »

I had wondered why Joran fled south into Chile when Aruba lies to the north.  Now, it makes sense.  He thought his odds were better of not being extradicted or even apprehended by Chilean authorities for a crime committed in Peru.  Stupid Joran.

BRING NATALEE HOME
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1137 on: June 05, 2010, 08:13:17 PM »

Nothing. They aren't allowed to play with matches. They have imaginary crackpipes. And they're happy with them.
ROFLMAO!!

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1138 on: June 05, 2010, 08:16:44 PM »

Our time here is short. Just enough to make it all interesting. Just enough to do some good to further mankind.

In our own way we all contributed something here that furthered mankind over the last five years, and for that - I hold my head high.
Additionally, we can never know the impact any of us had on individuals in the past five years.  I do believe we all contributed not only to further mankind, but also in positive ways on individuals we will never know.  "We are everybody," to quote my favorite TV show, and I know we impact other lives in ways that are very personal.  I've come to the realization, too, that I will never know the ways I impact other people, so I need to make sure that impact is positive and not negative.  My fellow Monkeys have a positive spirit and a supportive attitude that makes a difference.  If anyone doubts this, just see what happens here when a negative person enters and tries to engage us.  It's like fireworks go off.  Monkeys make a positive difference.  It is palpable and real.

BRING NATALEE HOME
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1139 on: June 05, 2010, 08:19:31 PM »

Joran is facing at least a couple years in a Peruvian prison before his case even goes to trial.  Anita is his only hope of obtaining legal representation and basic living necessities for the next couple years.  She needs to bring him money.  Without money, he's facing a living hell and may not survive it.

Where is the legal representation the DUTCH said they would pay for, for him??

Nut,  I read they said they would NOT be paying for a lawyer for him.  They would offer assistance if he need help on something like health issues only.  (that is what the consulate said)
Right.  They will give him 30 (euros?) a month and enable contact with relatives.  That's about it.  They won't find him a lawyer or pay for one.  I did read somewhere that there are 65 public defenders and over 10,000 prisoners awaiting trial.  Thus, most do not get legal representation.  Private lawyers are expensive and Joran would need someone outside the prison to arrange payment in advance to a lawyer. Mom is his only resource--she needs to take him money or he is toast.

I did find this interesting document that is for British nationals detained in Peru.  It has interesting details about the legal system.  http://ukinperu.fco.gov.uk/resources/es/pdf/pdf1/british-detained-in-peru

I read the UK document. Frightening. Good find!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.