April 23, 2024, 12:39:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grassroots Prayer Effort for Churchill's WWII Prayer  (Read 3660 times)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: January 31, 2007, 10:48:07 PM »

Tidycat sent this to me today, it really gave me pause as we have so much debate on this thread. I thought I would share it with all of you, thank you Tidycat.

ONE MINUTE EACH NIGHT

In WWII, there was an advisor to Churchill who organized a group of people who dropped what they were doing every night at a prescribed hour for one Minute to collectively pray for the safety of England , its people and peace.  There is now a group of people organizing the same thing here in America.  If you would like to participate: Each evening at 9:00 PM Eastern Time 8:00 PM Central) (6:00 PM Pacific), stop whatever you are doing and spend one Minute praying for the safety of the United States , our troops, our Citizens, and for a Godly nation.

Our prayers are the most powerful asset we have. Thank You, and God Bless America

I continue to stand with the girl.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 09:49:24 PM »

Dear Nonesy,

Sorry for being late in responding. Your post from Tidycat was wonderful. Thank you for sharing it. I certainly will stop what I'm doing at 6 p.m. (Pacific) every day to spend one minute praying for the safety of the United States.

I joined this group to help find Natalee. However, along the way I took part in the two official prayer chains wherein we prayed for Natalee, her family, Monkeys who were ill, etc. It was KatzHome and Mrs. Red who told me a prayer need not be "official" ... i.e., I could just talk to God in my head.

Since then, whenever I am upset or face chancy situations, or drop something important on the floor, or swerve my car to avoid some dare devil driver, I think "Please help me God." Then I find the thing I lost (and everything else) and just have to say, "Thank you God." Thank you for letting me drive to Santa Barbara and back with no accidents or problems. Thank you for allowing my daughter to have a wonderful life with great riches and thank you for her sending me living expenses every month so I have a roof over my head and can pay my bills. Thank God I have no car problems. Thank God I don't have health problems. Thank God my two cats (age 14 and age 9 months) are in good health. Thank God my dentist replaced my two top front teeth and got me a special credit card which gives me 18 months to pay it off with no interest. Thank God I can go to the grocery store and afford what I want. I can pay $14 for a thick filet mignon, I can buy Horizon organic cottage cheese. The list goes on and on.

I have come to realize that I'm very blessed, even though I have never thought that before. I count my blessings when I see a homeless person sleeping on the sidewalk. It could be me but God prevented that.

Anyway, in summary, I want to thank you Nonesuche and Tidy for the one minute prayer per day suggestion. And I really thank the Scared Monkeys for their support and for giving me a clue as to how easy it is to pray.

Thank you everyone.

With love,
Louise

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 05:05:28 AM »

This is great. Thanks, am sending the url here to all my friends. Thanks, God Bless,  from IBE

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.