March 29, 2024, 04:11:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Illegal aliens are not immigrants - Why doesn't Obama understand?  (Read 1664 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: June 04, 2010, 05:35:00 AM »

Justice Dept. Challenges Arizona Over Other Immigration Law Targeting Employers

By Jim Angle

Published June 03, 2010

The Obama administration is asking the Supreme Court to overturn an appeals court decision that upheld Arizona's right to punish employers for hiring illegal immigrants.

The Arizona law gives the state the right to suspend or terminate business licenses.

"If you hire a person in this country illegally knowingly, you'll lose your license. First offense, 10 days. Second offense, revocation, never to do business in the state of Arizona again," said Arizona state Sen. Russell Pearce, a Republican who helped draft the new controversial Arizona law that cracks down on illegal immigrants.

The Obama administration apparently worries letting that law stand would leave in place a precedent that states have a legitimate role in enforcing immigration laws – a notion the administration fiercely opposes.

"The argument that the Justice Department is making here, is you know, the fundamental question, which is where does state authority begin and end when it comes to federal immigration law?" said Benjamin Johnson, executive director of the American Immigration Council.

The Arizona statue relies on a law passed by the U.S. Congress in 1986, which made clear federal law preempts the states on immigration – but left one exception: "The provisions of this section preempt any state or local law imposing civil or criminal sanctions (other than through licensing and similar laws) upon those who employ unauthorized aliens."

more here - http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/06/03/justice-dept-challenges-arizona-immigration-law-targeting-employers/

The Obama administration can hire 600 new IRS agents to enforce Obamacare...and refuses to secure the border without amnesty.

Illegal aliens are not immigrants.

When will Washington work for "We the people..." and not foreigners?  Foreign leaders?  Foreign nations?  Global corporations?  Unions?

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 05:37:59 AM »

From the comments -

hueygunner

Presidente Barack Obama will continue to ignore the majority of Americans who support Arizona just like he ignores doing his job to defend America from foreign invaders.

Friday, June 04, 2010 at 4:16 AM

hueygunner

Presidente Barack Obama will continue to ignore the majority of Americans who support Arizona just like he ignores doing his job to defend America from foreign invaders.

Friday, June 04, 2010 at 4:16 AM

mrmikejohnson
Arizona

Jeremiah Wright in the White House...sad. Obama hates America.

Friday, June 04, 2010 at 4:12 AM

dalej

It appears that Mr. Obama works harder for Illegal Aliens than he does American Citizens. No, that's not quite right; Mr. Obama works against American Citizens for Illegal Aliens. There, that's a little more accurate. We have an anti American, American President.

Friday, June 04, 2010 at 3:45 AM

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 12:07:26 PM »

I suppose when considering that Obama is most likely Not a natural born citizen of the United States of America and weezeled his way into the White House supported by Less then Americans.

It all makes sense that he supports anyone in My Nation Illegal.

Obama also supported offshore drilling..

I am waiting for strike 3
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.