April 23, 2024, 08:27:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bridgette Jones 46, Houston TX, Beaten to Death in Apt. 6/4/10  (Read 10984 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: June 04, 2010, 04:30:08 PM »

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7036443.html
(video)
Woman beaten to death in northwest Houston apartment
June 4, 2010

A woman was apparently sexually assaulted and beaten to death inside her apartment early this morning in northwest Houston while her small son slept in another room, police said.

The woman identified by investigators as Bridgette Jones, in her mid 40s, was found lying on the living room floor in an apartment at the Luxor Park complex in the 5800 block of West Sunforest about 8 a.m., police said.

She had been beaten in the head.

Jones’ 10-year-old son was asleep in his bedroom at the time of the slaying. He was not hurt and is now with family members.

Police said there were no signs of forced entry at the apartment, leading investigators to believe Jones may have known her attacker. Officials said a large-screen television and Jones’ white Mazda 626 four-door car were missing.

A passerby found Jones’ body, after seeing the door ajar at the first-floor apartment.

Police are looking for a man they said is a person of interest in the slaying, but they declined to identify him or disclose his possible relationship to Jones.

The also are searching for Jones’ missing car, which has Texas license plate FGR 230.

The Luxor Park apartment complex where Jones died is the same place where Houston Police Officer Timothy Abernethy was killed when a traffic stop ended in an ambush in December 2008.

Mabry Joseph Landor III received the death penalty for killing Abernethy.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 04:33:21 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 04:33:01 PM »

http://www.khou.com/news/HPD-Woman-killed-in-apartment-while-10-year-old-son-slept-nearby-95629074.html
(video)
HPD: Woman killed in apartment while 10-year-old son slept nearby
June 4, 2010

HOUSTON – Police were investigating after a woman was found dead in her northwest Houston home Friday morning.

The body of Bridgett Jones, 46, was found in her apartment in the 5900 block of Sun Forest. Her 10-year-old son was sleeping nearby.

Police said the investigation was still in its early stages, but they believe Jones was killed with a fire extinguisher.

Investigators said the child didn’t hear anything.

Police said Jones’ killer may have been someone she knew, and they have a person of interest in the crime.

"A love gone bad, you know what I mean? That’s all I can come up with," Chris Jones, the victim’s brother, said.

Investigators were looking for Jones’ car, which they said was missing from the scene.

The car – a White Mazda 626 -- has Texas license plates FGR-230.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 08:36:51 PM »

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/100604-woman-found-nude-beaten-to-death
(Video)
Mom Found Nude, Beaten to Death
June 4, 2010

HOUSTON - Police responded to the scene of a brutal murder in northwest Houston on Friday morning.

SkyFox was over the scene of the crime at an apartment complex in the 5900 block of Sunforest.

Investigators said Bridget Jones, a home healthcare nurse, was found nude and beaten in an apartment. It appeared she was struck several times with a fire extinguisher.

After a preliminary investigation, police said they were searching for a suspect identified only as “Danny.” The man may be driving a white Mazda.

Police also said a television was missing from the apartment.

According to HPD, the Jones' nine-year-old son was in the apartment at the time of the murder, but he did not witness the crime. A neighbor walking by peaked in through an open door and noticed the Jones’ body.

The son has been placed in a children's assesment center.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 02:00:12 PM »

6/8/10

Joel Burt Thompkins, 27, is charged with capital murder in the death of Bridget Renee Jones at the Luxor Park apartment in the 5800 block of Sunforest about 8 a.m. Friday, police said.
snipped
Police said Thompkins is believed to have stolen Jones' car and other items from her apartment, including a laptop computer, a child's game system and a Panasonic 37-inch LCD television set.

He is believed to have sold some of them to buy drugs, police said.

Police are looking for her car, a white Mazda 626 with a Texas license plate FGR 230.
snipped
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/HPD-Man-beat-woman-to-death-while-son-slept-1696572.php

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 02:02:53 PM »

Houston man on Most Wanted Fugitives list captured
Tuesday, August 24, 2010

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Houston man who was added to the Texas Top 10 Most Wanted Fugitives list just two weeks ago has been captured in New York, according to the Texas attorney general.

snipped
After receiving information from Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott's Fugitive Unit, officers with the New York Police Department tracked down and arrested Joel Burt Thompkins, 48, last Friday.

The arrest stems from a warrant that was issued by the Harris County Sheriff's Office. Thompkins, who goes by the name "Ghost," was wanted in connection with the murder of a woman at the Luxor Apartments on June 4, 2010. The woman, who knew Thompkins, was beaten to death with a fire extinguisher and then stabbed. Her vehicle was stolen, but has since been recovered.
snipped
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7626785

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 02:03:22 PM »

NW Houston neighbors 'relieved' that fugitive caught

Neighbors 'relieved' that fugitive caught
Suspect found in N.Y. charged in woman's death

MIKE GLENN
, HOUSTON CHRONICLE

Published 05:30 a.m., Tuesday, August 24, 2010
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/NW-Houston-neighbors-relieved-that-fugitive-1695261.php

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 02:05:41 PM »

He's been a sex offender since 1988
http://www.homefacts.com/offender-detail/TX02636716/Joel-Burt-Thompkins.html

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 04:22:13 PM »

Glad this fugitive from justice has been caught.  Thanks for the update Nut.  Now, let's all hope he gets what's coming to him.   

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.