March 28, 2024, 08:36:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #835 6/6/10 - 6/8/10  (Read 369802 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2010, 10:20:51 PM »

This Alarm thing that Clint is talking about sounds cool.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2010, 10:21:18 PM »

~ Hi Tyler!  Happy to see you again!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2010, 10:21:21 PM »

http://www.livesecure.org/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2010, 10:21:39 PM »

Geraldo just said that when Joran left the hotel he did not ask the front desk for his passport and left it there.  If he would have asked for his passport the hotel would have known he was leaving and would have gone to the room to clean it.

So that explains why he took a taxi and did not fly out of there. Without a passport he would have to go the "back way" to get out of the country into Chile.

He could not use the plane ticket he had without his passport, you are so right.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2010, 10:22:52 PM »

Geraldo just said that when Joran left the hotel he did not ask the front desk for his passport and left it there.  If he would have asked for his passport the hotel would have known he was leaving and would have gone to the room to clean it.

Why would you need to leave your passport at the front desk?  I've never heard of that. Doesn't make sense.

Maybe he asked them to lock it in their safe.

From the many articles I've read...in Aruba a lot of tourists lose their passports when their bags are taken by robbers, or their rooms are robbed.  It's probably not a bad idea at all to have it locked up in a safe somewhere, just in case you're robbed.

They stated his passport was kept until he was checking out and the room was clean, etc.......it was not a luxury hotel and in light of the extensive video cams, they must have their fair share of skip-out's and damages to rooms. In that regard retaining passports makes sense.

Ah, ok.  Back in my traveling days I've never had them keep a passport but I've also never stayed in a place like a hostil (sp)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2010, 10:23:59 PM »

RED will be next up on Dana Pretzer!
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2010, 10:24:02 PM »

Red up next.  This is a great show Dana.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2010, 10:24:06 PM »

Former attorney questioned Joran van der Sloot tests involving the murder of Stephany Dutchman Flores (with video)

Joseph Tacopina hinted that a third person would be responsible for murder. Also expressed its surprise that the body has been found in the room just three days after the crime

"How do you know that inside the room there was no third person waiting for them?" Asked the renowned lawyer Joseph Tacopina to question one of the strongest proofs that involve the citizen Dutchman Joran van der Sloot in the murder of the young Stephany Flores occurred on Sunday 30 May.

Joseph Tacopina, who successfully defended Van der Sloot in the case of the disappearance of Natalee Holloway American girl five years ago, referred to the fact that the Dutchman admitted with Stephany Flores Tac Miraflores hotel early 30 May, but was only hours later, according to security video showed the accommodation.

Thus, the lawyer also defended the late King of Pop Michael Jackson hinted that a third person would be responsible for crime.

In a telephone conversation from New York with the TV program "Panorama", Joseph Tacopina also expressed surprise at the time that passed between the alleged day of the murder and the discovery of the body of Stephany.

More soon ....

http://elcomercio.pe/noticia/490841/ex-abogado-joran-cuestiona-pruebas-que-involucran-holandes-asesinato-stephany
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2010, 10:25:33 PM »

Thanks, Ono, you too.  You were MIA before I was, I think.  Good to see Anna, Nan, None, you and so many others too numerous to count. 

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2010, 10:27:10 PM »

Mark Fuhrman said Peru has to do their job forensically.  Fingernail scrappings, hair and skin, walls and furniture.

Geraldo said Peru has a reputation of some of the toughest prisions.  He would be shocked if Joran survives over there.

Dr. Baden said he ain't going to last very long over there.

Kimberly said a lot of TB and HIV over there.

She said it appears they are doing their job over there.  It couldn't happen to a better guy.

She said can you imagine if it happened to a person whose father didn't run for office over there.

earlier Dr Baden said the videotape is the most critical piece of evidence combined with the stomach contents to derive the time of death.

The questions I have are:

- why would Joran have shaved his head and dyed his hair orange/red if not to attempt to disguise himself?
- where and when did he buy the hair dye? Can that be traced?
- where is the 5K that Stephany had won plus another 1K that her father had given her to buy a new laptop?
- I'm not entirely certain I believe Stephany was still alive when he returned to the room with coffee

SteveinMD - honestly I think he thought of, dreamed of, was stimulated by (yes even in sordid ways) thoughts of premeditated murder for years.

Rueben Blade's brother was also interviewed by Geraldo and stated Joran and his "friend" (meaning a guy) that were watching at the poker tourney last Saturday night/early Sunday morning were also discussing finding girls to have sex with - and he said they used "dirty language" in discussing it. It seems he deliberately eavesdropped.

I continue to stand with the girl.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2010, 10:27:47 PM »

Dana:  Red did you ever think we would be talking about JVDS and another murder?

Red:  Yes, we knew this day was coming.  How many other victims are out there that we don't know about yet?
How many people could be dead or sexually assaulted.  Red things he's a serial rapist not serial killer.

Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2010, 10:28:22 PM »

From a Lonely Planet discussion about passports being held at the hotel desk:

LouisXIV, at one time it was pretty much standard procedure for every hotel in Europe to ask for your passport at check-in. Even today in some countries, they have to take all the passports, for guests who have checked-in in the last 24 hours, down to the police station along with a compiled list of them. I had a friend who worked night desk in a Greek hotel who did this as his last chore of his shift. The passports were then available for guests to pick up any time after 7am.

As for security, yes it is also about the security of the hostel/hotel. If you come in late, drunk, acting up, causing damage or fighting, they call the police. You can't just take off when they have your passport. Now you could argue that is only for the hotel's interests or you could argue that it is also in the guests best interest.

If you had ever worked in a hotel/hostel you would know that 'guests' don't always act the way you would expect a guest in your home to act. There is almost nothing that doesn't happen in a hotel over time. Theft, property damage, assault, death, you name it, it happens.

I'd guess that US hotels would love to be able to ask to hold 'guests' identification
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2010, 10:30:05 PM »

RED will be next up on Dana Pretzer!

We love you RED, thank you for ALL you've done and continue to do!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2010, 10:30:46 PM »

BLINK on now!

Darn I wish I could get it...............I LOVE BLINK !!

Back at you Turbo.. podcast will be up tommorrow-

Jossy, Clint and Red so far, outstanding, Robin is always awesome, looking forward to it.

Kudos to Dana and SM for putting together this show, after such a week.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2010, 10:30:59 PM »

It sure does!
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2010, 10:31:10 PM »

From a Lonely Planet discussion about passports being held at the hotel desk:

LouisXIV, at one time it was pretty much standard procedure for every hotel in Europe to ask for your passport at check-in. Even today in some countries, they have to take all the passports, for guests who have checked-in in the last 24 hours, down to the police station along with a compiled list of them. I had a friend who worked night desk in a Greek hotel who did this as his last chore of his shift. The passports were then available for guests to pick up any time after 7am.

As for security, yes it is also about the security of the hostel/hotel. If you come in late, drunk, acting up, causing damage or fighting, they call the police. You can't just take off when they have your passport. Now you could argue that is only for the hotel's interests or you could argue that it is also in the guests best interest.

If you had ever worked in a hotel/hostel you would know that 'guests' don't always act the way you would expect a guest in your home to act. There is almost nothing that doesn't happen in a hotel over time. Theft, property damage, assault, death, you name it, it happens.

I'd guess that US hotels would love to be able to ask to hold 'guests' identification
I would hope with a global war on terrorism, holding a passport might be a common practice.  Let's pray if it is not, it will become such for many reasons.

Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2010, 10:32:01 PM »

Also from Lonely Planet, on traveling in Italy:

It's normal proceedure for a hotel to hold your passport at least for a few hours for documentation and reports to the local authorities if you are uneasy about traveling locally without a passport(normal) just ask for it back.

They may ask for another Photo ID to make them feel more secure about YOU.If the Hotel is reputable it's usualy the safest place to keep it. The Carabineri can always check thier referances if needed.Just don't forget where you are staying...

They cannot legally hold your passport. However, some places do like to do this. Your choice is to not stay there, their choice is to not give you a room. It isn't illegal for them to ask to hold your passport, it is only illegal for them to hold it against your wishes.

Since they mention it is for 'security reasons' it isn't hard to figure out why they are doing this. They have had problems with guests in the past. Perhaps trashing rooms or stealing from other guests. Holding your ID means you are far less likely to just disappear on them.

I would have no problem leaving my passport with the front desk if asked. I would have a problem with staying in a place that gave me the impression that had problems however. So perhaps a bit more investigation as to the reputation of the hostel is in order. Google for reviews on the place. It may just be that they are being cautious and responsible.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2010, 10:32:03 PM »

Thanks, Ono, you too.  You were MIA before I was, I think.  Good to see Anna, Nan, None, you and so many others too numerous to count. 

welcome back friend

I continue to stand with the girl.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2010, 10:32:10 PM »

Waving to Anna & None.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2010, 10:32:28 PM »

Geraldo just said that when Joran left the hotel he did not ask the front desk for his passport and left it there.  If he would have asked for his passport the hotel would have known he was leaving and would have gone to the room to clean it.

Why would you need to leave your passport at the front desk?  I've never heard of that. Doesn't make sense.

Well, Joran doesn't have a gold medal for honesty.....

Most hotels have little safes in the room, but always have notations in their literature to leave valuables with the front desk.  You and I wouldn't leave our passport at the front desk, but in his warped mind, it probably sounded good at the time. 
That is true but we have to remember this really wasn't a hotel.  It was a total dive rent a room by the hour kinda place in a very seedy part of town so the amenaties, including maid service are probably not the same.  You can sort of see that from the "lobby" where they passed thru - it is very tiny and very crowded with junk.  Not luxury or even Motel 6 standard.  Thats why I think she was drugged. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.