April 20, 2024, 01:17:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #835 6/6/10 - 6/8/10  (Read 372569 times)
Jo-An
Scared Monkey

« Reply #520 on: June 07, 2010, 03:39:24 PM »

Jo-An, Not bad but have seen better.  I think he looks better older.  JMO.

I think he looks terrible in this pic!
He's definitely better looking now.
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #521 on: June 07, 2010, 03:42:22 PM »

2 hours from now, Peter R de Vries will be on a Dutch talkshow talking about Joran's arrest and his opinion on the matter.
I'll try and translate some of the high lights.

And a piccture of Peter R deVries if you can.  Some of us have a crush on him and think he is a very handsome man.  Mostly me, I think.

Is this the one?

the big hammer
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #522 on: June 07, 2010, 03:43:23 PM »

GRETA SAID WHAT ?!?

Anna writes: "You may have to ban Greta, too.  She was just on TV saying that it was the mioney extorted from Beth that enabled Joran to go to Peru!"

Greta said that?

A bit stunning.  You may remember, years ago here in the US there was a movement to open to liability the manufacturers of guns and ammunition -- on the basis that they sold the means for criminals to commit lethal crimes.

It went nowhere because it is illogical.  As is Greta's strange comment.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #523 on: June 07, 2010, 03:43:33 PM »

Klaas,
You may have to ban Greta, too.  She was just on TV saying that it was the mioney extorted from Beth that enabled Joran to go to Peru!  I want to slap her silly right now.

How does Greta know it wasn't the money SHE gave Joran allegedly for the license of the fake tape of Paulus???

there isn't a back she won't stab. I can't even watch her show. I would rather suffer pictures and phone calls all night about Lucy and John David than watch Girdle.

I guess people never go missing on the upper west-side.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #524 on: June 07, 2010, 03:46:02 PM »

GRETA SAID WHAT ?!?

Anna writes: "You may have to ban Greta, too.  She was just on TV saying that it was the mioney extorted from Beth that enabled Joran to go to Peru!"

Greta said that?

A bit stunning.  You may remember, years ago here in the US there was a movement to open to liability the manufacturers of guns and ammunition -- on the basis that they sold the means for criminals to commit lethal crimes.

her reasoning skills have sharply diminished. Or she was kicked in the head by a Clydesdale.

Plus I'm tired of watching her dress in boy's clothes, size six.

And I hate her pennyloafers.

+++

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #525 on: June 07, 2010, 03:51:04 PM »

Alcohol and sexual motive ruled out in Peru Van der Sloot case

http://www.livinginperu.com/news/12388

Peruvian police investigators are currently working on the hypothesis that Joran van der Sloot killed Stephany Flores because he was trying to rob her and she put up resistance, report today local press.

“It is likely that he tried to force her to withdraw money from her bank account, or to make a bank transfer to him. Probably van der Sloot killed her because she refused to do so, thus he ran away only with the cash he found” said a police office who preferred to remain anonymous.

An autopsy determined that Stephany Flores did not have sexual relationships prior to her death, and also that the she had not drank an amount of alcohol enough to prevent her from resisting an attack.

Peru's Justice has assigned a public defense attorney for van der Sloot, Rosa Luisa Camargo Madrid, but van der Sloot will ask for a lawyer from his country; he will also have a translator, Mauricio Stains.

Meanwhile, the suspect is currently jailed at the investigations building of Peru's national police, sharing his cell with another suspect of homicide and under the permanent surveillance of four agents, because there are fears that he could either try to commit suicide, or be killed.

Surveillance was assigned because van der Sloot deliberately hit his head against a wall last Saturday.

However, he has had meals and slept normally while on his cell; he is having the same meals that police officers receive while on duty.

Representatives from the Netherlands embassy have visited him, but it is still unclear if they will actually provide a lawyer for van der Sloot or not.

Lawyers consulted by LivinginPeru said that if the case reaches the courts, the whole trial may take two years.

Van der Sloot could be jailed either at Miguel Castro Castro Prison (aka “Lurigancho) or at Piedras Gordas High Security Prison.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #526 on: June 07, 2010, 03:52:31 PM »

2 hours from now, Peter R de Vries will be on a Dutch talkshow talking about Joran's arrest and his opinion on the matter.

Thanks Jo-An

woooooooooohoooooooo we want photos too

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
kippy
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #527 on: June 07, 2010, 03:52:31 PM »

Well if the laptop belongs to Stephany, there is the robbery motive, if not motive at least another nail in his case.  I was so hoping it was his own laptop. 

If his is missing tho, why haven't we heard any updates from Chilie concerning the look for his belongings?
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #528 on: June 07, 2010, 03:52:43 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/06/peru.victim.joran/index.html?hpt=T2

"My wife typed 'Joran van der Sloot' into Google and started screaming for me to see," Enrique Flores told CNN on Sunday. "I couldn't believe it. How could it be that guy?"

"All I have been doing is reading about Natalee Holloway and what her family has gone through," Flores said.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #529 on: June 07, 2010, 03:56:48 PM »

Peruvian police investigators are currently working on the hypothesis that Joran van der Sloot killed Stephany Flores because he was trying to rob her and she put up resistance, report today local press.

“It is likely that he tried to force her to withdraw money from her bank account, or to make a bank transfer to him. Probably van der Sloot killed her because she refused to do so, thus he ran away only with the cash he found” said a police office who preferred to remain anonymous.

An autopsy determined that Stephany Flores did not have sexual relationships prior to her death, and also that the she had not drank an amount of alcohol enough to prevent her from resisting an attack.

Peru's Justice has assigned a public defense attorney for van der Sloot, Rosa Luisa Camargo Madrid, but van der Sloot will ask for a lawyer from his country; he will also have a translator, Mauricio Stains.

Meanwhile, the suspect is currently jailed at the investigations building of Peru's national police, sharing his cell with another suspect of homicide and under the permanent surveillance of four agents, because there are fears that he could either try to commit suicide, or be killed.

Surveillance was assigned because van der Sloot deliberately hit his head against a wall last Saturday.

However, he has had meals and slept normally while on his cell; he is having the same meals that police officers receive while on duty.

Representatives from the Netherlands embassy have visited him, but it is still unclear if they will actually provide a lawyer for van der Sloot or not.

Lawyers consulted by LivinginPeru said that if the case reaches the courts, the whole trial may take two years.

Van der Sloot could be jailed either at Miguel Castro Castro Prison (aka “Lurigancho) or at Piedras Gordas High Security Prison.

Knowing who he is, I think that`s BS.

Considering the sentence for robbery with homicide...

I hope they blow a hole in the side of him a mile wide.

FINISH HIM.

His days are done.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #530 on: June 07, 2010, 04:04:27 PM »

FINISH HIM.

His days are done.

Maybe they did not have sex.  BUT she had on underwear, no slacks.  So, obviously something happened.  I say he tried and she resisted.  That...plus 50 billion other reasons going around in his sick head...instant rage.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #531 on: June 07, 2010, 04:10:49 PM »

This is an article posted on Radio Netherlands Worldwide.

Notice their biased slant:

http://www.rnw.nl/english/article/joran-van-der-sloot-peru-makes-evidence-public

Joran van der Sloot - Peru makes evidence public
Published on : 7 June 2010 - 5:33pm | By Sebastiaan Gottlieb (Photo: ANP)

The media in Peru has already decided that Dutchman Joran van der Sloot is guilty of murdering 21-year-old Stephany Flores. After he was handed over to Peruvian police officials, Joran van der Sloot was paraded before the press three times. Video footage of his first hearing can also be found on the internet. The Dutch foreign ministry is considering its reaction.

Peruvian Interior Minister Octavio Salazar has guaranteed that Joran van der Sloot will be given a fair trial. However, meanwhile all kinds of evidence against the Dutchman has been made public.

The Peruvian police say initial forensic investigations clearly indicate Joran van der Sloot's involvement int the murder. Police say the victim was beaten to death with a tennis racket. There is video footage showing the suspect and the young woman arriving at his hotelin the Peruvian capital, Lima.

Natalee Holloway
Joran van der Sloot is already a well-known figure in the United States, the Netherlands and in Aruba, for he has been the main suspect for several years in the case of the disappearance of US teenager Natalee Holloway on the island of Aruba in 2005.

It is still not known what actually happened to Ms Holloway, and Joran van der Sloot has not been formally charged in connection with her disappearance.

No protest
The Dutch embassy in Peru, contrary to earlier reports, has not protested against the release of incriminating evidence. The foreign ministry is still considering whether it will give an official reaction to how the case is being handled. A spokesperson for the ministry told Radio Netherlands Worldwide: "I have asked at the ministry how we should deal with this."

Generally, the Netherlands never interferes with legal processes in other countries, but there may well be reason to protest in this case. After all, the suspect claims he's innocent of murdering Stephany Flores.

His American lawyer, Joseph Tacopina, has come to his assistance. He asked on Peruvian television how it was possible that the body of Ms Flores could have been in Joran van der Sloot's hotel room for three days without anyone noticing.

Extradition
Peru and the Netherlands do not have a mutual treaty for the return of nationals to serve their sentences in their home nation. Although negotiations for the transfer of prisoners have been taking place, it is not clear when agreement might be reached.

Even if such a treaty is agreed after his possible conviction, Joran van der Sloot will be able to apply to be transferred back to the Netherlands on condition that the two countries have no objections and the convicted person also agrees. It is too early to say whether Peru would cooperate with a transfer.

Robbery
It looks as if robbery was the motive of the murder. Ms Flores' father says jewellery was missing. An amount of 1,000 dollars. which he had given her to buy a laptop, was not found on the victim or in the hotel room.

Joran van der Sloot is being held in a police cell in Lima. His custody has been extended for a further seven days. A cell has been reserved for him at the infamous high security Castro Castro prison, which has some 4,000 inmates.

In Lima, stories are circulating about how inmates deal with rapists and murderers of children and women within the prison walls. If Joran van der Sloot is found guilty of murder with robbery, he could facing a 25-year sentence. 

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #532 on: June 07, 2010, 04:10:57 PM »

Klaas,
You may have to ban Greta, too.  She was just on TV saying that it was the mioney extorted from Beth that enabled Joran to go to Peru!  I want to slap her silly right now.

How does Greta know it wasn't the money SHE gave Joran allegedly for the license of the fake tape of Paulus???

Hi Anna, I was saying the other day she was blaming the FBI and hinting that the money extorted was what he used to go to Peru..............I told y'all she was a biotch!!  And would do or say anything for ratings or an exclusive!!  I spit on her!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #533 on: June 07, 2010, 04:11:00 PM »

hi monkeys, the picture of the bed has a headboard but it is attached to the wall ad shoxn on the pictutr
AnnieMW1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #534 on: June 07, 2010, 04:11:38 PM »

Wow, can't believe you Monkeys are still all hard at work!  Haven't been here but once or twice in the last few years...but the news is so sad.  Joran's definitely a gambling addict - and that's an addiction that wreaks havoc everywhere.  I hope he goes down via DNA evidence.  Tacopina is so repulsive, it's not even funny.  His theory falls flat with Joran being found with blood-stained clothing...if he was an innocent victim of a 3rd party, why not report it?  I didn't even need to go to law school to come up with that!
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #535 on: June 07, 2010, 04:12:05 PM »

FINISH HIM.

His days are done.

in my humble opinion, Joran is just a criminal - and he goes with whatever crime is available.

a little robbery, some sexual assault, and a homicide here and there.

and that's why he needed an apartment full of new furniture - see, when he operates he leaves a huge crime scene behind.

he leaves video, text messages, cell calls, blood evidence, triangulation records - he's no mastermind. Just impulsive.

he goes with whatever HE thinks he can get away with.

+++

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #536 on: June 07, 2010, 04:12:06 PM »

And a piccture of Peter R deVries if you can.  Some of us have a crush on him and think he is a very handsome man.  Mostly me, I think.

Is this the one?

Oh mercy, we will have to get the smelling salts out for Anna when she see this!  LOL

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
AnnieMW1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #537 on: June 07, 2010, 04:13:22 PM »

What is the story re: J's extortion of money from the Holloways?  Was he that stupid to think they wouldn't trying to be setting him up?
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #538 on: June 07, 2010, 04:13:24 PM »

GRETA SAID WHAT ?!?

Greta said that?

her reasoning skills have sharply diminished. Or she was kicked in the head by a Clydesdale.

Plus I'm tired of watching her dress in boy's clothes, size six.

And I hate her pennyloafers.

oh oh...I am running to hide my pennyloafers right now!!  LOL

Rest in Peace Caylee

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #539 on: June 07, 2010, 04:14:37 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100607/ap_on_re_eu/eu_celebrity_suspect

Dutch murder suspect shows different faces on TV

By ARTHUR MAX, Associated Press Writer Arthur Max, Associated Press Writer   – 21 mins ago

AMSTERDAM – Joran van der Sloot can be charming, angry, deceitful, tearful. The young Dutchman has been all that and more, playing out his troubled drama on TV over the five years since he came under suspicion in the disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway in Aruba.

By his own admission, half of what he says is a lie.

Twice arrested and released for lack of evidence in the Holloway case, Van der Sloot was taken into custody again last week in connection with the slaying in Peru of Stephany Flores, a 21-year-old college student police say he met while playing poker at a Lima casino. Her May 30 killing came five years to the day after Holloway disappeared.

Towering over the Peruvian officers flanking him, the 6-foot-3-inch Dutchman appeared sullen and moist-eyed this weekend when he was paraded before journalists in handcuffs and a bulletproof vest after he was caught and extradited from Chile. Chilean police said Van der Sloot told investigators he was innocent in the case.

He was much more subdued than during his earlier appearances on American and Dutch TV, where he has become something of a minor celebrity — feeding public curiosity by spinning contradictory stories about Holloway's final hours and sometimes displaying flashes of a volatile temper.

Once, at the end of a relaxed interview with Dutch crime reporter Peter de Vries, Van der Sloot threw a glass of wine in the reporter's eyes.

Aad Schalke, a Dutch private investigator who administered a polygraph to Van der Sloot for a TV show about the Holloway case aired last year, said he was not surprised the 22-year-old was in trouble again.

"The moment he's not in control any more, he can be really dangerous," the detective told The Associated Press on Monday.

Van der Sloot is the son of a respected lawyer in Aruba who died in February. He was 17 when Holloway disappeared in 2005 and he spent three months in detention, then returned to the Netherlands to study. Two years later, he was arrested again and sent back to Aruba for further questioning.

It's unclear how he supported himself when he wasn't in jail. He is an avid gambler, and reportedly spent much of the last two years in Thailand, where De Vries claimed in 2008 Van der Sloot was recruiting Thai women for the sex trade in the Netherlands.

Just days after the slaying in Peru, Van der Sloot was charged in the United States with trying to extort $250,000 from Holloway's family in exchange for disclosing the location of her body and describing how she died. U.S. prosecutors say $15,000 was transferred to a Dutch bank account in his name.

Van der Sloot has told conflicting stories of his involvement with the Alabama teen. He and two Surinamese brothers, Satish and Deepak Kalpoe, were the last to see the 18-year-old honors student, who was on a school trip to Aruba to celebrate her high school graduation.

He initially told island police he took Holloway to her hotel, then later said he left her alive and well on the beach. He apologized for lying earlier.

At other times he claimed Holloway collapsed and died on the beach, and he dumped the body in the ocean. On another occasion he said her body was taken to a marsh.

In a lengthy 2006 interview with Greta Van Susteren on Fox News, Van der Sloot described drinking shots of rum with Holloway, whom he said he met while playing poker at an Aruba casino, then taking her to a beach and leaving her there around 3:30 a.m.

In De Vries' 2008 Dutch television documentary, Van der Sloot said during a secretly recorded conversation that Holloway was drunk and slumped to the sand as they were kissing.

"Suddenly she started shaking and then she didn't say anything," Van der Sloot said in Dutch, adding that he did not kill her. "I would never murder a girl."

The interview prompted authorities in Aruba to reopen the case, but Van der Sloot later said he made up the whole story and he was not charged.

"I have a busy imagination and it was one big lie. ... Nothing's true," he told interviewer Jaap Amesz in a show broadcast on Dutch TV last year.

He told Amesz yet one more story. Holloway was dancing on a balcony when she accidentally fell over the railing, he said, his eyes filling with tears.

Amesz, who had arranged for the polygraph test, asked Van der Sloot if half of everything he said was a lie.

"Oh, more than half," he replied.

Van der Sloot's lie detector test lent support to that admission.

Annette Heldens, the investigator who questioned Van der Sloot, said he continuously squirmed in his chair to throw off the polygraph machine.

"He tried to manipulate the results," she said. Nonetheless, she said the test showed he lied when he repeatedly answered "no," to questions about whether he was involved in Holloway's disappearance or death.

Polygraph tests are inadmissible as evidence in the Netherlands, and Schalke said police did not follow up after the results were broadcast on TV.

After Van der Sloot was shown the test results, Amesz asked him on camera what he thought the consequences would be.

Rather than answer, he grabbed a glass of water from the table, spun out of his chair and smashed it in fury against a wall.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.