May 01, 2024, 08:30:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #580 2/1 - 2/4/2007  (Read 116527 times)
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #720 on: February 04, 2007, 12:13:35 PM »

i do not know who killed Adam Walsh.The the perv died in prison,either way.I know these pervs are sick and somethings triggers or enables them to start on their trail of depravity.No one cared enough in aruba to stop this depravity,yet.I could go down the list,but the legal system will punish more for selling rock crack with more than the perv got in LA.Maybe we need to get behind the movement to change the legal system.Spartecus Cat.   Oh Kat+Gram,you and I have a few things in common

Live with hope,looking for justice
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #721 on: February 04, 2007, 12:16:49 PM »

Not so good morning, Monkeys.

On another sad note, 20 people died in the Florida storms last week.  Crying or Very sad  Winds up to 165 mph.

I will say that FEMA response seems good. The new director is the ex-fire chief from Dade County - he seems to know what needs doing after a disaster. "Here to assist ... The damage is too great for a single entity to deal with ..."

National Guard and minimum-risk prison inmates helping ... Gov. Crist cancelled his plans to attend the Super Bowl.

Strange story: a flock of 18 whooping cranes, guided by ultra-light planes to a wildlife refuge at Crystal River, all were killed.

"The deaths of the birds were a stunning setback to a project aimed at creating a second migratory flock of the endangered birds in North America."

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #722 on: February 04, 2007, 12:17:51 PM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
Mishy: Cubbee posted that they thought Kaitlin was strangled/asphixiated and that she had not been raped.

I don't know details but there is some planning for Scared Monkeys to enable some sort of donations for the family. I'm sure the details will be posted and I'm watching for it, too.

This will be another very hard day for Cubbee, and for Kaitlin's family. My heart goes out to them.......

Thanks CBB. My mind has been so scattered since the news broke about Kaitlin. Just like Rob, I looked back at my posts, and I feel they were disjointed and confusing. I was having a hard time expressing myself, and of course, words never adequately describe the depths of what one feels. But, being here and having like minds to converse with, people I count as friends, did help. Sb and Rob made some great posts that put into words some of the things I had been thinking, feeling, worrying about.

That poor child. What a little fighter. She died fighting for what was hers to give, and hers alone. Bless her precious heart and soul. What every parent fears could happen to their child has happened to Mrs. Ayall (sp?) and her only daughter. I would certainly like to do something for Katilin's mom and will be on the lookout for an announcement of a fund or donation for Katilin.

Bring Natalee home...
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #723 on: February 04, 2007, 12:19:00 PM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
Not so good morning, Monkeys.

On another sad note, 20 people died in the Florida storms last week.  Crying or Very sad  Winds up to 165 mph.

I will say that FEMA response seems good. The new director is the ex-fire chief from Dade County - he seems to know what needs doing after a disaster. "Here to assist ... The damage is too great for a single entity to deal with ..."

National Guard and minimum-risk prison inmates helping ... Gov. Crist cancelled his plans to attend the Super Bowl.

Strange story: a flock of 18 whooping cranes, guided by ultra-light planes to a wildlife refuge at Crystal River, all were killed.

"The deaths of the birds were a stunning setback to a project aimed at creating a second migratory flock of the endangered birds in North America."

Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad

Bring Natalee home...
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #724 on: February 04, 2007, 12:22:02 PM »

Quote from: "Cat"
i do not know who killed Adam Walsh.The the perv died in prison,either way.I know these pervs are sick and somethings triggers or enables them to start on their trail of depravity.No one cared enough in aruba to stop this depravity,yet.I could go down the list,but the legal system will punish more for selling rock crack with more than the perv got in LA.Maybe we need to get behind the movement to change the legal system.Spartecus Cat.   Oh Kat+Gram,you and I have a few things in common

If there were ever a good cause to fight for, this would be it, Cat.

Bring Natalee home...
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #725 on: February 04, 2007, 12:23:19 PM »

As for Dahmer- most criminals are just opportunists to begin. They slowly refine their desires as their certain uncontrollable desires are met.

A serial killer may inflict the majority of damage on his first and second victim as the rage and desire manifests itself on the first victim or two. As those desires are met, the killer may feel satisfied and not repeat that behavior again.

As time progresses and the killing continues, it is often siphoned into detail and the pattern emerges.  

The initial killings rarely reveal the true nature of the serial killer. It is only later that cases that seem completely unrelated are revealed as the 'experimental' stage where the killer is learning his 'craft'.

Remember serial killers do not want to be caught, but it is the pattern that ultimately sheds the light on who they are and what motivates them.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #726 on: February 04, 2007, 12:51:27 PM »

Hummm. Rob has done his homework on serial killers, too!

Sometimes the first victim is an accident, and the perp is surprised by the resulting feelings - the POWER of murder.

Another thing: the age of a serial killer at the beginning of his career shouldn't be overlooked. A very young man may victimize a vulnerable young child, but later seeks the challenge of a more mature, developed victim. Just part of refining the act, finding a victim more suitable for his horrible purpose.

So I don't think it's unlikely that Dahmer killed Adam. (And if so, I think it's likely that at the end, he was actually too embarassed - or afraid - to admit it.) But we will never know for sure.

Then there's Serial Killer Poster Boy Ted Bundy. Again, we'll never know, but there's a good chance that as a teenager delivering newspapers, he's the one who disappeared an 8-yr-old girl who lived on his route (she was never found). Otherwise, not until he fell apart at the end of his "career" did he snatch a child, 12-year-old Kimberly Leach. In between, his "ideal victims" were college coed types.

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #727 on: February 04, 2007, 01:02:07 PM »

On a brighter note, one of our cousins (or monkey's uncles?) - an orangutan - at the Portland Zoo chose to don a Bears "Champion" t-shirt instead of the Colts version.

This is considered a portent, or betting excuse, or something ...

crazybabyborg
« Reply #728 on: February 04, 2007, 01:09:53 PM »

I'm confused. Dahmer was initially questioned in the Walsh case. He had an upcoming trial at the time, and I don't think Adam would have been his first victim.....................am I right?

I'm not sure of the time frames for his victims.....
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #729 on: February 04, 2007, 01:22:32 PM »

With all the technology we have these days, wouldn't it be wonderful if
the brains of these predators could be scanned, sliced, diced ( after death ) to figure out what is wrong in their brains ?
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #730 on: February 04, 2007, 01:29:59 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
the brains of these predators could be scanned, sliced, diced ( after death ) to figure out what is wrong in their brains ?

And then have everyone in the world have a brain scan, and if your brain is like that, they should just remove it immediatley!!  Laughing  Twisted Evil

Bring Natalee home...
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #731 on: February 04, 2007, 01:30:30 PM »

Oops, I'm sounding a little "big brother" here, aren't I?

Bring Natalee home...
crazybabyborg
« Reply #732 on: February 04, 2007, 01:34:56 PM »

I'm confused. Dahmer was initially questioned in the Walsh case. He had an upcoming trial at the time, and I don't think Adam would have been his first victim.....................am I right?

Ottis Toole, while being held for suspected arson, stated to police that he wanted to talk about a murdered boy in Fort Lauderdale. Police recovered key evidence from his residence: bloody carpet scraps from his car and a machete with blood on it. DNA testing wasn't developed at the time. Ottis backed off talking and after DNA testing became available, both the carpet scraps and the machete had disappeared from police custody.

John Walsh has stated publically that he thought Ottis killed Adam. He has recently stated that he would like the case reopened.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #733 on: February 04, 2007, 01:36:59 PM »

Quote from: "mishy"

And then have everyone in the world have a brain scan, and if your brain is like that, they should just remove it immediatley!!  Laughing  Twisted Evil

All A B normal brains should be clearly marked for pick-up by Marty Feldman.
( Did you see Young Frankenstein?)
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #734 on: February 04, 2007, 01:38:18 PM »

Ottis Toole, while being held for suspected arson, stated to police that he wanted to talk about a murdered boy in Fort Lauderdale. Police recovered key evidence from his residence: bloody carpet scraps from his car and a machete with blood on it. DNA testing wasn't developed at the time. Ottis backed off talking and after DNA testing became available, both the carpet scraps and the machete had disappeared from police custody.

John Walsh has stated publically that he thought Ottis killed Adam. He has recently stated that he would like the case reopened.

What happened to this evidence?

Bring Natalee home...
crazybabyborg
« Reply #735 on: February 04, 2007, 01:45:49 PM »

What happened to this evidence?

That's the $60,000.00 question. Today it would definitively settle the issue for Adam's parents. When they went to retrieve the carpet and knife they were gone and it's never been resolved. Here's the CNN link:
http://edition.cnn.com/US/9602/adam_walsh/
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #736 on: February 04, 2007, 01:49:00 PM »

Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad

Bring Natalee home...
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #737 on: February 04, 2007, 02:00:39 PM »

All A B normal brains should be clearly marked for pick-up by Marty Feldman.
( Did you see Young Frankenstein?)

LOL, well that isn't what I had in mind, but the funny possibilities are endless aren't they ?  Laughing
But NEVER put the government in charge of this one  !
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #738 on: February 04, 2007, 02:03:23 PM »

On a brighter note, one of our cousins (or monkey's uncles?) - an orangutan - at the Portland Zoo chose to don a Bears "Champion" t-shirt instead of the Colts version.

I've always liked the Bears. A kid ?? from these parts is playing, named IZZY ! ! So, I will tune in. They did a spotlite on him on the sports page and he wasn't a great player when he was here. But he had fortitude and stuck with it !
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #739 on: February 04, 2007, 03:45:36 PM »

I've always liked the Bears. A kid ?? from these parts is playing, named IZZY ! ! So, I will tune in. They did a spotlite on him on the sports page and he wasn't a great player when he was here. But he had fortitude and stuck with it !

I heard about the orangutan.  They say she's been right quite a few times!  For Bears fans, here's the music and words to the song:  

http://www.webwaymonsters.com/song.shtml

For those not interested in football, I recommend Animal Planet's Puppy Bowl, with half-time entertainment by cats.  Real dogs and cats.  I couldn't watch 4 hours of it, but it's cute as can be.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.