May 01, 2024, 08:50:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #580 2/1 - 2/4/2007  (Read 116531 times)
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #920 on: February 05, 2007, 11:59:44 AM »

Quote from: "GreatOwl"

I have been reading all along.  I just have not been posting.   I hate to say this but I have been very busy!!!   In the past 3 months I have been on vacations to Boston, Fort Lauderdale and then Puerto Vallarta.   Now I get to stay home until May when my next vacation comes up.

Well, that sounds not too shabby at all! Next time can I carry your baggage?  Laughing

Did you see (or stay) where Liz & Dick made "Night of the Iguana" ??

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #921 on: February 05, 2007, 12:05:50 PM »

Quote from: "IBE"
Good Morning Klaas

Good Luck and have fun in school. Wish I were still teaching; I really miss it on some days! Love, IBE

good party last night, wasn't it? Tibro doesn't know what a White Castle is and yes, I hadn't been wrapping enough paper towels around it.. so did and it was less mushy... I think the mushiness comes from it being frozen to get it. They are soooo small!

I'd like to mail $$ to someone and have them mailed unfrozen to me.. I think without cheese they'd be OK on 2nd day air!  Would cost some tho.

I have a White Castle down the street!  But there pretty smelly when fresh from the onions.  I'd hate to be the person flying/driving those for shipment   Laughing

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #922 on: February 05, 2007, 12:06:17 PM »

Klaas, I found a mistake in one of the photo copied doc listed on the Chicago outfite photo bucket . If it isn't a typo, it could negate the whole doc and info... it's a fairly important doc dealing with Mr. Pink, I think that's who he is. I am getting wise to the possibility of photo-chopped lately.

May I bring it over later? and the reasons why it is important if it's been photo chopped?

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #923 on: February 05, 2007, 12:40:03 PM »

Quote from: "Dihannah1"
Good Morning Klaas

Good Luck and have fun in school. Wish I were still teaching; I really miss it on some days! Love, IBE

good party last night, wasn't it? Tibro doesn't know what a White Castle is and yes, I hadn't been wrapping enough paper towels around it.. so did and it was less mushy... I think the mushiness comes from it being frozen to get it. They are soooo small!

I'd like to mail $$ to someone and have them mailed unfrozen to me.. I think without cheese they'd be OK on 2nd day air!  Would cost some tho.

I have a White Castle down the street!  But there pretty smelly when fresh from the onions.  I'd hate to be the person flying/driving those for shipment   Laughing

When I read IBE's post about White Castle, I knew there had been one years ago way south of us on Rt.23...checked website and it looks like it's gone.  Hubby raved about them, but to me they were heart burn belly bombs.  Bought the frozen once, for him, but they didn't have the same appeal.

it's maybe 10 degrees here...wind chill much below, but not as cold as WI where Great Owl is perched.

Guilty of continuing OT, but wanted to say hello.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #924 on: February 05, 2007, 12:41:57 PM »

IBE, I think Klaas is in class this morning.  Or did I just imagine that?

I really enjoyed reading the thread in the Lounge about Australia.  I've been watching a lot of Steve Irwin stuff on Animal Planet as well.  Thanks, Tib!

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #925 on: February 05, 2007, 12:42:09 PM »

Klaas, I found a mistake in one of the photo copied doc listed on the Chicago outfite photo bucket . If it isn't a typo, it could negate the whole doc and info... it's a fairly important doc dealing with Mr. Pink, I think that's who he is. I am getting wise to the possibility of photo-chopped lately.

May I bring it over later? and the reasons why it is important if it's been photo chopped?

IBE - normally I wouldn't be here right now but they cancelled my class due to lack of students.

Which photo is it?

http://tinyurl.com/2buosh
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #926 on: February 05, 2007, 12:44:06 PM »

Shocked  Shocked

Good thing we were all behaving ourselves.

Except for a couple of us who are frequent offenders in the OT  area.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #927 on: February 05, 2007, 12:48:19 PM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
Shocked  Shocked

Good thing we were all behaving ourselves.

Except for a couple of us who are frequent offenders in the OT  area.

Laughing  Laughing
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #928 on: February 05, 2007, 12:57:58 PM »

Quote from: "msmarple"

I have been reading all along.  I just have not been posting.   I hate to say this but I have been very busy!!!   In the past 3 months I have been on vacations to Boston, Fort Lauderdale and then Puerto Vallarta.   Now I get to stay home until May when my next vacation comes up.

Well, that sounds not too shabby at all! Next time can I carry your baggage?  Laughing

Did you see (or stay) where Liz & Dick made "Night of the Iguana" ??

yes, there are several places where they were at.  We have a timeshare at the Sheraton Buganvilias which is across from the athletic field near the Malecon.  Great Location.   This time we didn't take anyone along so instead of having the "lockout" for one week, we divided it an stayed for two weeks.

Puerto Vallarta is my favorite place to vacation.  I can walk or take public transportation where ever I wish to go.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #929 on: February 05, 2007, 01:05:18 PM »

Quote from: "Ms.DarthVada"
Quote from: "robots"
Quote from: "robots"
Quote from: "justinsmama"
I'm cold. Brrrr.

LOL
get a blanket and make some tea.....i like a little honey in mine  Cool

-15 with the wind here today

cold,,,yep

yup, we are pushing the -50 range this morning.

Shocked

Well, not to cool  Laughing  Cool

yeah, be cool but not too cool,  we most likely will be seeing some colder temps later this week Shocked

Note to self...get more blankets and add schnapps to hot cocoa

Laughing

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #930 on: February 05, 2007, 01:29:30 PM »

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/MISSING_WOMAN?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

Feb 4, 12:16 PM EST

Wis. Murder Trial Hangs on DNA Evidence

By CARRIE ANTLFINGER
Associated Press Writer
U.S. Video
Advertisement
Buy AP Photo Reprints

MILWAUKEE (AP) -- Teresa Halbach was one of 206 people killed in Wisconsin in 2005. The 25-year-old's case likely would have gotten scant attention - except that the man who was charged had been exonerated by DNA evidence after spending 18 years in prison for rape.

DNA will play a role again as Steven Avery goes on trial, with jury selection beginning Monday, on charges of murdering the photographer.

Avery, 44, says he was set up, that two sheriff's deputies planted evidence because of a $400,000 judgment he won after suing Manitowoc County for his wrongful conviction on the rape charge.

"All of this don't make no sense. I had it made," he told The Associated Press by phone from jail in March 2006, his last published interview. "Everything was falling into place, but it all broke loose, just like my first bit. Now it's all happening all over again."

Prosecutors say their case is solid, that Avery's DNA was found in Halbach's sport utility vehicle, which was concealed under brush and a car hood at his family's salvage yard. Halbach had gone to the property to photograph a minivan the family had for sale.

Prosecutors also say Avery's DNA was found on the SUV's key, which was on the floor in his bedroom, and that fragments of Halbach's bones were found in a burn pit near Avery's trailer.

Four months after Avery was charged with murder, mutilation and being a felon in possession of a firearm, his then 16-year-old nephew, Brendan Dassey, came forward and said he and Avery shackled Halbach to Avery's bed, then raped and stabbed her.

Dassey has since recanted his confession, and a judge dismissed the sexual assault and kidnapping charges against Avery.

Avery says Dassey isn't smart and was coerced in confessing.

The prosecution also wants prison inmates to testify that Avery told them he wanted to abduct, rape and kill women, and showed them diagrams of a torture chamber. The judge has sealed his decision on whether that evidence will be allowed.

Special Prosecutor Ken Kratz and Avery's attorneys wouldn't comment on the case before the trial in Manitowoc, about 70 miles north of Milwaukee. The two sides plan to call more than 200 witnesses.

© 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
BIGORANGECRUSH
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #931 on: February 05, 2007, 02:15:00 PM »

Quote from: "Cat"
Mishy,I am incredible sad about the young lives lost this weekend.BOC,Peyton was the best player in college and I think he was jobbed.White Castles stomach grenades,oh my guts,long week end.Mikimoto,is that the name.Free pearls at my house today.You can belirve me,I am man.I am cooking egg rolls and spicy bean curd for Valentines,with strawberries dipped in a rich dark chocolate,if anyone wants any.For St.Patricts day,we are having boiled potatoes,black and tans,and beer.Then we sing Danny Boy and get meloncoly and drunk,no driving,but staggering is okay.the cat can be petted at anytime.CAT

Thanks Cat I think Peyton was too!!!! Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes Heisman showed us then that it was nothing but a pile of media promtions and a piece of garbage!!! Let the Heisman cry its eyes out as they destoyed it as a meaningful award!!!!!

Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #932 on: February 05, 2007, 02:17:12 PM »

IBE<Why do you think I was coming by.Your cat called me.CAT

Live with hope,looking for justice
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #933 on: February 05, 2007, 02:21:32 PM »

BOC,I bleed Crimson and I know Peyton was the best by far.Politics,sorry Klass wrong place,but in the south southern football gets people elected or fired.The ladies came bye and got all the pearls earlier.We have Krystals.Cat

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #934 on: February 05, 2007, 03:31:46 PM »

What was the date of the time Joran took the Police to the Fishermen's huts and said that was there the body was buried? The time TV has him in hand cuffs banging on the police car in anger? Had he taken the police there any time before?

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #935 on: February 05, 2007, 03:51:25 PM »

Quote from: "Cat"
BOC,I bleed Crimson and I know Peyton was the best by far.Politics,sorry Klass wrong place,but in the south southern football gets people elected or fired.The ladies came bye and got all the pearls earlier.We have Krystals.Cat

Shocked You did save a strand for me, didn't you??? Exclamation

Bring Natalee home...
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #936 on: February 05, 2007, 03:54:30 PM »

Of course.How Joran know she drinking that way in 20 minutes?Stupid question,because he said so.CAT

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #937 on: February 05, 2007, 04:23:56 PM »

Breaking News >> Prosecutors File Kidnapping, Sexual Assault Charges Against Michael Devlin
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #938 on: February 05, 2007, 04:35:58 PM »

I am not suprised with the charges being filed.Any word out the Netherlands or aruba? No one showed up,so Kate got the Chocolate things.Oh well,she is happy.Oh well ,time to back up the oak to check on the owl family,to see if the eggs have hatched,meow so tasty,so young.Is something happening with koen and sander.I have heard a maybe in the wind?How heavily involved do think they are?  Cat

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #939 on: February 05, 2007, 04:40:19 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Breaking News >> Prosecutors File Kidnapping, Sexual Assault Charges Against Michael Devlin

http://www.co.st-louis.mo.us/scripts/pa/attachment/papress/index.cfm?ViewMe=8499
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.