March 28, 2024, 10:27:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beth Bentley 41, missing since 5/23/10 Woodstock IL  (Read 10341 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: June 05, 2010, 03:55:04 PM »

Police in Illinois are seeking help in finding a mother of three who vanished after a weekend getaway with a long-time friend.

Bennedetta “Beth” Bentley, 41, has not been seen or heard from since May 23, police said.

“We are concerned that she’s been gone for so long without contact,” Woodstock Police Chief Robert W. Lowen told CNN. “Disturbing matters, to say the least.”

Bennedetta “Beth” Bentley, 41, has not been seen or heard from since May 23, police said.

In a phone interview, Scott Bentley said he’s always been in constant contact with his wife. “She has never not come back,” he told CNN. “She has never not called me. This is very unusual,” he added.
According to investigators, Bentley left her house on Thursday, May 20 to spend the weekend with a girlfriend in southern Illinois. Her friend was expected to drive her back home on May 24, police said.

But Bentley’s friend told detectives she drove her to a train station in Centralia, Illinois, on May 23, Police Chief Lowen said. “We don’t know why that decision was made to take the train back to the Chicago area,” Lowen added. “Doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason that they would do that.”

“The only information we have from the friend is that she dropped her off at this train station, probably about a half-hour before the train departed,” Lowen said. “She never saw her get on the train.”
“We’ve been working with Amtrak police to see if the ticket has ever been purchased. We have no information that the ticket was ever purchased,” Lowen told CNN.

Scott Bentley, who is an attorney, said his wife works with him as a legal aide. He also said she never would have her stepson’s high school graduation ceremony, which was held last weekend.

“We were the closest couple in the world,” Bentley said. “She told me she loved me, ten, twenty times a day and I did the same thing.”
“I have no idea what happened to my wife. I hope to God there is no foul play. If she did have some issues that I didn’t know about, then I would hope she just did run away, but she would never not contact her family. It’s just we don’t know what happened.”

A Facebook page has been created to raise awareness about Bentley’s disappearance. ( put this link where it says “facebook page” - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=122739057758360

Bennedetta “Beth” Bentley is 5’6”, weighs 160 lbs., and has blonde hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a black tank top shirt, a blue jean mini skirt, and carrying a large white purse and pink and orange overnight bag.
Anyone with information about her whereabouts is asked to call the Woodstock Police Department at 815-338-2131.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 03:56:21 PM »

Few clues in case of missing Northern Illinois woman

CENTRALIA, Ill. - Police report little progress in the hunt for a Northern Illinois mother who went missing May 23 after being dropped off near an Amtrak station in Centralia, Ill.

Beth Bentley, of Woodstock, Ill., attended her 10 year-old son's little league game on May 20 and then left with her best friend for a trip to Southern Illinois. The friend, who was visiting her boyfriend in Mt. Vernon, said she dropped Bentley off at an Amtrak station three days later so Bentley could return to her husband and three children, friends of the family say. She was driven to the station around 4:30 p.m. in a 2009 White Nissan Altima.

There's no sign Bentley ever got on a train, said Woodstock Police Chief Robert W. Lowen.

“Typically, travelers must give their name an address when riding Amtrak,” Lowen said. “It's possible, however, that an employee didn't take her name. The Centralia station isn't manned on weekends, so it would have been up to the crew on the train.”

Lowen said no passengers recognized Bentley's picture.

Satellite pings to Bentley's cell phone have produced no conclusive results, Lowen said. And, he said, the woman hasn't used any of her credit cards.

Lowen said the investigation is still being treated as a missing person case.

“Her husband is distraught and so are her kids,” said Lowen. “This appears to be unlike her character. But, there's always a possibility she doesn't want to be found.”

Angela Montgomery, a friend of Bentley's family, said Beth Bentley uncharacteristically missed her 18-year-old sons high school graduation last weekend.

Montgomery said Bentley is a legal secretary for her lawyer husband, Scott Bentley.

She was last seen wearing a black tank top, a blue jean miniskirt, and carrying a large white purse and a pink-and-orange overnight bag. Anyone with information about her is asked to call Woodstock police at 1-815-338-2131.
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/illinoisnews/story/DB9C7A6D449BC98C86257738006B7632?OpenDocument

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 09:32:24 PM »

http://www.nwherald.com/articles/2010/06/09/r_xbjnxyixrn6abxudqbj0dw/index.xml
Reward offered for information on location of missing woman
June 10, 2010

WOODSTOCK – The Woodstock and McHenry County CrimeStoppers are offering $2,000 for information that leads to the whereabouts of Benedetta “Beth” Bentley.

Bentley, a 41-year-old Woodstock mother of three, has been missing since May 23.

She traveled with a female friend by car to the Centralia area May 20.

The friend told police that she dropped Bentley off near the Centralia Amtrak station about 5:30 p.m.

Police have been unable to verify whether Bentley ever boarded a train from that station. Bentley’s cell phone and credit cards have had no activity since May 23, police said.

Bentley last was seen wearing a black tank top, blue jean mini skirt and flip flops and carrying a large white purse and a pink and orange Vera Bradley overnight bag.

If anyone has any information, call the Woodstock Police Department at 815-338-2131 or CrimeStoppers at 800-762-7867.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 07:19:24 PM »

http://www.nwherald.com/articles/2010/06/17/r_l9tbf7styev_ek_xribwq/index.xml
Reward raised in case of missing local woman
June 18, 2010

WOODSTOCK – The reward for information leading to the whereabouts of Benedetta “Beth” Bentley now is $5,000.

Bentley, 41, has been missing since May 23. She traveled by car with a friend, Jenn Wyatt, May 20 to visit Wyatt’s boyfriend, who was working on a home in the Mount Vernon area.

Wyatt told police that she dropped Bentley off May 23 near an Amtrak station in Centralia. Police have not been able to verify whether Bentley boarded a Chicago-bound train that was leaving a little after 6 p.m.

Scott Bentley said that he last spoke to his wife about 4 p.m. May 23.

“I have heard nothing,” Bentley said Thursday when asked whether police had any new information. “I know they are working on it very hard; it’s a top priority for them.”

The $5,000 reward money includes $2,000 from CrimeStoppers and $3,000 from private funds.

Scott Bentley said that concerned friends and relatives indicated that they might want to contribute to the reward fund. He said he was in the process of setting up such a fund at Chase bank, and it should be available next week.

“Beth and I have the most amazing group of friends. They are incredible,” Scott Bentley said. “They are going out of their way to do anything they can to help me and the boys. I’m just blown away.”

To date, the “Beth Bentley...Missing Woodstock, IL Woman!” Facebook page has 6,128 members. The page also includes more than 69 photos. Many of the pictures are of Bentley and her friends. Some of are the area where she reportedly last was seen.

Woodstock police still are considering possibilities including that Bentley was abducted, fell victim to some type of harm, or chose to leave for her own reasons.

On Thursday, police said they did not have any new information to release related to the case.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 06:55:48 PM »

BETH BENTLEY...Missing Woodstock, IL Woman! is on Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=122739057758360

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.