April 26, 2024, 02:16:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #1 6/5/10 - 6/30/10  (Read 567112 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #100 on: June 09, 2010, 12:41:52 PM »

Search for missing second-grader enters 5th dayBy Gabriel Falcon, CNN
June 9, 2010 3:17 a.m. EDT

The search for a missing 7-year-old Oregon boy is now in its fifth day.

Police said they are not ready to call Kyron Horman's disappearance a criminal investigation yet, while the boy's parents have indicated they will release a statement to the public sometime Wednesday.

"We're not prepared to call it a criminal investigation at this point," Captain Jason Gates of the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office told reporters Tuesday, "But we are certainly prepared to call it a missing endangered child investigation."

He also narrowed the scope of the incident.

"What I can tell you is that we have no reason to believe that this is anything other than an isolated case," Gates said.

Kyron was reported missing by his stepmother Friday afternoon after he did not return home from school, authorities said.

According to investigators, Kyron's stepmother said she last saw him Friday morning walking down a hallway towards his second-grade classroom at Skyline Elementary School.

The school was holding a science fair at the time, officials said.

"We can tell you that we have completed 99 percent of the interviews with the children at Skyline Elementary School," Gates said. "We've also completed the majority of interviews with the staff and parents at Skyline."

The sheriff's office said no one at the school saw Kyron after 8:45 a.m. Friday and that Kyron never made it to his classroom.

Authorities continue to pursue hundreds of tips, most of them from Oregon and Washington.

"The leads that are being provided would not suggest that it would be a national search at this point," Gates said.

"We don't have enough information to satisfy the criteria to complete an Amber Alert or issue an Amber Alert," Gates explained. "Amber Alerts are designed to find children very quickly when we have specific information."

Anyone with information on Kyron Horman's whereabouts is asked to call the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office at 503-261-2847

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/09/oregon.missing.boy/index.html?eref=rss_topstories&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+%28RSS%3A+Top+Stories%29

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #101 on: June 09, 2010, 02:34:16 PM »

Tanner Pumala, Kyron's classmate, said he last saw his friend at about the same time when Kyron told him he was headed to look at another student's science project.

"He walked by the hallway and I'm like, 'Hi, Kyron,' and he's like, 'Hi. I'm going to go see this cool one. It's electric.' I'm like, 'Alright, bye.' And that's the last time I saw him," Tanner said. "He never did make it back to class."

As the search for Kyron enters its sixth day, Tanner said his friend's disappearance is all he can think about.

"I'm feeling really sad. For the last five days, I haven't gotten much sleep," he said. "I'm hoping that my best friend will come back."

http://www.kptv.com/news/23842774/detail.html

canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #102 on: June 09, 2010, 03:51:53 PM »

My heart is breaking for this little boy.  My son is the same age and I can just see him excited and heading off to see a friends science project.

A lot of things are rather disturbing about this case. 

Number one is the teacher that reported him absent, especially if his backpack and coat were left behind.  HOW could the school not call home when a child is absent???

Why wasn't he with the group that was chaperoned with a parent?  If his best friend talked to him and he was heading back to see an electric science project why wasn't he being chaperoned?  I've volunteered to go on trips and things with our school.  If another child is assigned to me I watch that child more then I do my own.  So where was his parent supervisor?

I'm praying he is found soon.
canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #103 on: June 09, 2010, 04:03:59 PM »

Kyron Horman's family says 'please don't stop' searching for missing boy
Published: Wednesday, June 09, 2010, 12:06 PM     Updated: Wednesday, June 09, 2010, 12:33 PM
Kate Mather, The Oregonian Kate Mather, The Oregonian

The family of missing second-grader Kyron Horman implored the Portland metro community to keep looking for the 7-year-old boy who disappeared last week from his school: "Please don't stop."

In a statement, the family urged people to search their property, their outbuildings, sheds, anything they can think of to help find the boy.

They want to keep the focus on Kyron, said Capt. Mike Shults of the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office at a noon news conference.

Meanwhile, investigators have activated a statewide search-and-rescue plan that will bring hundreds of searchers and teams to the area to help out, said Capt. Jason Gates of the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office. The crews will be on the ground here as early as tonight, but in force by Thursday, he said.

He said he couldn't say how many people were searching  today or where they were looking.

Kyron Horman
The Oregonian's continuing coverage of missing second-grader Kyron Horman.
Kyron vanished at 9 a.m. Friday from Skyline School in Northwest Portland after he and his stepmother went to school early to tour a science fair where the boy had a project.

His stepmother said she last saw him walking to his classroom before she left. One other person is believed to have seen Kyron at the school at 9 a.m. but authorities haven't said who or where.

Gates adamantly denied that authorities had issued a search warrant for the Hormans' house in response to a question at a noon news conference. He declined to answer questions about whether there was any evidence turned over to a magistrate.

-- Kate Mather

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/family_says_please_dont_stop_s.html
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #104 on: June 09, 2010, 05:41:39 PM »

I came across this, maybe related maybe not but worth looking into. (Photo of perp at link, I can not post the photo for some reason???)

Arrest made after St. Helens child abduction attempt

By KATU News

Just before 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, the St. Helens Police Department reported it had made an arrest in the possible abduction case of a fifth-grade St. Helens student.

Story Published: Jun 9, 2010 at 10:21 AM PDT

Story Updated: Jun 9, 2010 at 1:05 PM PDT

ST. HELENS, Ore. – Police in St. Helens, Ore., said Wednesday they are looking for a suspect in a possible child abduction attempt.

This alleged abduction attempt comes as swarms of law enforcement personnel and search teams comb the outskirts of Portland for a second-grader missing since last Friday.

St. Helens is located about 20 miles north of Portland along the Columbia River.

In a press release, the St. Helens Police Department said a male fifth-grade student walking home from Lewis and Clark Grade School was approached and grabbed by an unknown male suspect on Tuesday, June 8.

The student was reportedly grabbed from behind by the suspect, who had grabbed ahold of the boy’s backpack. The student was able to slip out of the backpack and run home.

The incident took place as the student was walking eastbound on Columbia Boulevard in the area of 8th Street in St. Helens. The suspect was last seen walking in the area.

An adult also witnessed the incident and described the suspect as white, 35 to 40 years old, heavyset, with a 3- to 4-inch long ponytail and a large forehead. He was wearing blue coveralls with dirt or grease on  them.

The alleged abduction attempt comes as swarms of law enforcement personnel and search teams comb the outskirts of Portland for a second-grader missing since last Friday.

Police ask that anyone who observed the victim or suspect in the area at the time of the crime, or who may have any information as to the identity of the suspect to please call the St. Helens Police Department at (503) 397-3333 or (503) 397-1521.

UPDATE: Just before 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, the St. Helens Police Department reported it had made an arrest in the possible abduction case of a fifth-grade student.

A City of St. Helens Public Works Supervisor observed a man fitting the description provided above by law enforcement. The city supervisor then "coordinated with police to facilitate contact the individual," according to a press release distributed Wednesday afternoon by St. Helens Police.

Police have now arrested 36-year-old Tony Phipps, a registered sex offender from St. Helens. He is being held under charges of harassment.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/95973029.html

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #105 on: June 09, 2010, 06:20:52 PM »

I came across this, maybe related maybe not but worth looking into. (Photo of perp at link, I can not post the photo for some reason???)

By KATU News

Just before 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, the St. Helens Police Department reported it had made an arrest in the possible abduction case of a fifth-grade St. Helens student.

Story Published: Jun 9, 2010 at 10:21 AM PDT

Story Updated: Jun 9, 2010 at 1:05 PM PDT

ST. HELENS, Ore. – Police in St. Helens, Ore., said Wednesday they are looking for a suspect in a possible child abduction attempt.

This alleged abduction attempt comes as swarms of law enforcement personnel and search teams comb the outskirts of Portland for a second-grader missing since last Friday.

St. Helens is located about 20 miles north of Portland along the Columbia River.

In a press release, the St. Helens Police Department said a male fifth-grade student walking home from Lewis and Clark Grade School was approached and grabbed by an unknown male suspect on Tuesday, June 8.

The student was reportedly grabbed from behind by the suspect, who had grabbed ahold of the boy’s backpack. The student was able to slip out of the backpack and run home.

The incident took place as the student was walking eastbound on Columbia Boulevard in the area of 8th Street in St. Helens. The suspect was last seen walking in the area.

An adult also witnessed the incident and described the suspect as white, 35 to 40 years old, heavyset, with a 3- to 4-inch long ponytail and a large forehead. He was wearing blue coveralls with dirt or grease on  them.

The alleged abduction attempt comes as swarms of law enforcement personnel and search teams comb the outskirts of Portland for a second-grader missing since last Friday.

Police ask that anyone who observed the victim or suspect in the area at the time of the crime, or who may have any information as to the identity of the suspect to please call the St. Helens Police Department at (503) 397-3333 or (503) 397-1521.

UPDATE: Just before 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, the St. Helens Police Department reported it had made an arrest in the possible abduction case of a fifth-grade student.

A City of St. Helens Public Works Supervisor observed a man fitting the description provided above by law enforcement. The city supervisor then "coordinated with police to facilitate contact the individual," according to a press release distributed Wednesday afternoon by St. Helens Police.

Police have now arrested 36-year-old Tony Phipps, a registered sex offender from St. Helens. He is being held under charges of harassment.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/95973029.html

Cartfly
That is horrifying and I am so glad they arrested that Perp. Now all to do, is lock him up, and throw away the key.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #106 on: June 09, 2010, 06:56:48 PM »

Wow - this is so horrible. No matter if this child is alive or not, he will be forever changed because some sick SOB was allowed to wander the streets.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2010, 07:23:25 PM »

My heart is breaking for this little boy.  My son is the same age and I can just see him excited and heading off to see a friends science project.

A lot of things are rather disturbing about this case. 

Number one is the teacher that reported him absent, especially if his backpack and coat were left behind.  HOW could the school not call home when a child is absent???

Why wasn't he with the group that was chaperoned with a parent?  If his best friend talked to him and he was heading back to see an electric science project why wasn't he being chaperoned?  I've volunteered to go on trips and things with our school.  If another child is assigned to me I watch that child more then I do my own.  So where was his parent supervisor?

I'm praying he is found soon.

One of my sons is the same age too and I also can see him being so excited about seeing someone elses "cool" project. I have to believe also more than "one" child came into contact with Kyron that morning. My son is a little on the shy timid side but he and his classmates (especially the girls) can practically tell you everyone they saw that morning. Most kids at that age are pretty social with each other. This case is beyond frustrating. I am completely baffled and so scared for this little guy. I hate putting any doubt on the stepmoms story because her having anything to do with it sounds a little far fetched to me. But I am out of possible answers and some of her actions are questionable.

The one thing that does concern me: I noticed on the bing maps and google maps, that between the school and a house with a large red barn there is an area in the trees (behind the school to the right) where it looks like there is a trail/small dirt road that goes up into the woods and then back down behind the property with the large red barn. However, the terrain looks steep all in that area and would think it would be difficult for anyone to manage it on foot. It also looks like quite a distance too from from the school.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2010, 07:31:17 PM »

Help on the way from across Ore. for Kyron Horman search

by Teresa Blackman, David Krough & Frank Mungeam, KGW.com Staff
Posted on June 4, 2010 at 11:37 PM
Updated today at 4:20 PM

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The "clock is ticking" on the search for 7-year-old Kyron Horman, as deputies said Wednesday afternoon teams from across the state were starting to help in the search, Klamath County Sheriff Tim Evinger said.
Search and rescue teams from all 36 Oregon counties will join the search for the missing Portland boy, the lead investigator announced Wednesday. Capt. Jason Gates said he was implementing a statewide search & rescue plan which will utilize hundred of searchers from across the state.
"We're closer to finding Kyron in that we're continuing the search," Gates said at a 4 p.m. news conference.
Resources and teams were coming in Wednesday night to be headquartered at the Wapato Jail facility, yet the dedication of exhausted crews in the field continued as replacements arrived.
"They don't want to stop," Multnomah County Sgt Diana Olson said. "They want to stay with this through the full search."

Family statement released

Also during the noon press conference, Lt. Mike Shults, the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Department liaison for the Horman family, read a statement on behalf of the family.
“Kyron’s family would like to thank everyone for their support and interest in finding their son. The outpouring of support and continued effort strengthens their hope,” Shults said. “There are a lot of resources out there to help. Please don’t stop.”
Shults added that the family has been in great pain since Kyron’s disappearance and said the reason why they have not granted interviews is because they want all the attention focused on solely on Kyron. Read: Entire family statement
FBI mobile command center arrives
Also Wednesday, the FBI added a mobile command center to the search effort Wednesday, with hopes that it will help coordinate the growing search effort. Meantime, the lead investigator said search crews were doing everything they could to stay focused and positive.
"It's always frustrating when we're not finding anything, especially when we have such high hopes. But we're going to keep on until something happens," one searcher told KGW.
Capt. Gates would not answer any questions specific to the investigation or the search on Wednesday, except to say that it was “logistically and emotionally overwhelming.” Gates reiterated the request for more tips from the public to aid the search effort.
TIP LINE: (503) 261-2847

Earlier in the week, Capt. Gates said police had received more than 1,200 tips and were following up on hundreds of leads pouring into a special tipline.
Those leads involved information being sent to state and federal law enforcement agencies from across Oregon and in parts of Washington.
“Kyron, we’re going to get you home buddy,” Gates promised, his voice cracking and his eyes tearing up. "Nothing is more important to your family, your friends and to us." Video: Capt. Gates promises to find Kyron

Boy missing since Friday

Kyron Horman and his step-mother, Terri Moulton Horman, arrived at Skyline Elementary School around 8 a.m. Friday and attended a science fair at the school. Around 8:45 a.m. Terri said goodbye to Kyron and watched the second-grader walk down the hallway toward his classroom. Police say that the last time the boy was seen was about 9 a.m. Investigators have not revealed who saw Kyron last, or whether he attended his first class.

Timeline: Search for Kyron Horman
At 3:45 p.m., when the school bus arrived at Kyron's stop without him on board, his step-mom called the school. She was told he was marked "absent" by his teacher. She called 9-1-1 just before 4 p.m. and the search effort was launched.
Portland schools sent an automated message to parents in the school district that the boy was missing. Meanwhile, police walked the school grounds with K-9 tracking teams, searched every room and closet inside the school and even checked the roof.
FBI and police coordinating search effort
The search quickly snowballed as word of the little boy’s disappearance spread among the small school’s community in Northwest Portland. Police said the search area was spread across 20 miles of roadway and two square miles of land. Officers also handed out fliers and questioned drivers and area residents Monday.

By Monday, the search included 22 law enforcement agencies, according to Capt. Gates.
Investigators were trying to interview all the families of some 300 Skyline students. Gates said parents had been very cooperative.
Capt. Gates said 1,200 tips had been received by Monday, and characterized some as "viable leads", but pleaded with people to call with more tips. "Every tip, no matter how insignificant, is important to us," he said.
Sheriff Dan Staton said late Sunday night that he was "not prepared" to call the boy's disappearance a kidnapping. He described Kyron as a "missing endangered child" because more than two days had elapsed since he disappeared and because search efforts were hampered by rainy weather.
"We have developed a lot of information which has to be processed thoroughly, and I am not in a position to divulge any specifics of our investigative plan at this time," Staton said in a statement.
Police indicated their search was not limited to the area around the school but they would not specify where else they were searching.
An FBI profiler was studying everything from Kyron’s schoolwork to his friends, to try and determine where the little boy might be. Two local criminal experts told KGW that if Kyron was kidnapped, he believes all the clues point to someone who knew the boy, not a stranger.

More: Criminal profilers analyze case

Investigators on Sunday interviewed parents of other students at the school, trying to come up with even the smallest clues about what could have happened. The parents and Kyron’s fellow students came to the school voluntarily on a staggered basis to interview with detectives. Authorities were also reviewing photos and videos taken during the school's Friday morning science fair, where several people reported seeing Kyron.
Kyron described as a "really good kid"
Parent Gina Zimmerman said she last saw Kyron in the morning, when he posed in a classroom in front of his "red-eyed tree frog" science project. She said her daughter is one of Kyron’s best friends and she knew him well.
Zimmerman said that Kyron was not the type of child to wander off. "He knows 'stranger danger," she said. "He's a really good kid."
Parents were shocked at the disappearance, she said, and have been calling to share concerns at "our little school where everyone knows everybody."

To try and quell those fears, security was increased at the school Monday. Counselors were also on hand to talk to distraught students and staff members. In addition, the district began mandating the use of an automated attendance call system to notify families of any unexcused absences.

No Amber Alert issued

Some parents wanted to know why an Amber Alert wasn’t issued. Sheriff Gates said that tool works only when citizens can be offered descriptions of specific suspects or vehicles, which was not the case in this situation.

Parents were urged to talk to their children about stranger danger and explain what to do if they were in Kyron’s situation.

Distraught family working with detective

Meantime, Kyron’s family was doing the best they could to cooperate with police and talk with searchers under traumatic circumstances, Capt. Gates said. The birth mother came to Portland after her son was reported missing and all the parents have been in constant contact with detectives, he said.

Anyone who has seen Kyron or knows of his whereabouts was asked to call (503) 261-2847.
[url]http://www.kgw.com/news/Second-grade-student-missing-from-Skyline-Elementary-95670454.html/url]

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #109 on: June 09, 2010, 07:50:13 PM »

Well, well....Stepmom and Dad have locked their facebooks! You can only view her/his wall if you are friends. I guess stepmom doesn't like us scrutinizing why she is  "going" to gym when her stepson is missing.....Also mom changed her name on her facebook to her husbands name and found enough time to post Kyron's missing poster on her profile.

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #110 on: June 09, 2010, 10:58:52 PM »

I  am behind today posting updates but here is todays news conference:
http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/mediacenter/default.aspx?videoId=16736@koin.web.entriq.net&navCatId=156

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #111 on: June 09, 2010, 11:00:53 PM »

Well, well....Stepmom and Dad have locked their facebooks! You can only view her/his wall if you are friends. I guess stepmom doesn't like us scrutinizing why she is  "going" to gym when her stepson is missing.....Also mom changed her name on her facebook to her husbands name and found enough time to post Kyron's missing poster on her profile.

Stepmom changed her FB to private as soon as it was realized by folks like us, that the "last pic" of Kyron (supposedly taken the morning he went missing, June 4).. was actually posted to her FB on June 2.  Guess she didn't want a deluge of folks running in there to check that out once they heard. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #112 on: June 09, 2010, 11:08:26 PM »

I can totally see a child that age saying he was going back to the classroom and doing so, only to find no one there and then leaving to set off to look at other projects.
I can't get out of my minds eye, and I am not saying I am psychic at all because i am not, but I can just imagine someone pulling him into an open classroom or utility closet, tying him up and taking him out in a box or something. No one would even know. Far fetched? Who knows for sure what happened.

I really just don't think the step mom had anything to do with it. Nothing really points to her. But again, who knows I guess. I still say I am more suspicious of the real mom giving she didn't have custody but I dont' think she took him either.

What happened with the man who was driving and said he saw a little kid in a red truck that looked like Kyron? That is an interesting tip and something I hope LE is taking seriously.
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #113 on: June 09, 2010, 11:13:56 PM »

I looked at the facebook and the times she wans on but completely overlooked that the picture was posted on June 2! Wow..... I think I need an aspirin or a 5 hour power now, this case has my so confused my head hurts, LOL.

I do find it interesting that LE is talking in riddles and having two news conferences a day but doesn't give up any information about Kyron. Either they know something or they are as confused as I am....

Stepmom changed her FB to private as soon as it was realized by folks like us, that the "last pic" of Kyron (supposedly taken the morning he went missing, June 4).. was actually posted to her FB on June 2.  Guess she didn't want a deluge of folks running in there to check that out once they heard. 

Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #114 on: June 09, 2010, 11:15:16 PM »

Recapping today's events...

Two press conferences, no big announcements given.

The family was supposed to address the media, no luck there. A statement read by Capt. Shultz which the newspapers quoted as:

"Kyron's family would like to thank everyone for their support and interest in finding their son. The outpouring of support and continued efforts strengthens their hope.We need for folks to continue to assist us in our goal. Please search your property, your cars, your outbuildings, your sheds. Also check with your neighbors and friends who may be on vacation or may need assistance to search their property. There are a lot of resources out there to help. Please don't stop."

Let's guess that the message was not written by the Hormans and was improvised by the captain.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/95985679.html

Searchers from across the state will gather for a more thorough search. No volunteers wanted.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Second-grade-student-missing-from-Skyline-Elementary-95670454.html

Intriguing questions were asked during the conferences, including whether the family had taken polygraphs, and if search warrants were requested to search the family home, etc...

All those questions were answered with "I can't discuss that", or "I am not in liberty to elaborate", etc...

The FBI brought in a mobile command center.

The searchers need food and water and are requesting that of the community.

Sports drinks and granola bars are needed too.

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #115 on: June 09, 2010, 11:17:10 PM »

I looked at the facebook and the times she wans on but completely overlooked that the picture was posted on June 2! Wow..... I think I need an aspirin or a 5 hour power now, this case has my so confused my head hurts, LOL.

I do find it interesting that LE is talking in riddles and having two news conferences a day but doesn't give up any information about Kyron. Either they know something or they are as confused as I am....

Sorry I really messed up that last post with my quote within a quote ...Did I mention I am confused??

I will try this again:

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #116 on: June 09, 2010, 11:28:04 PM »

Recapping today's events...

Two press conferences, no big announcements given.

The family was supposed to address the media, no luck there. A statement read by Capt. Shultz which the newspapers quoted as:

"Kyron's family would like to thank everyone for their support and interest in finding their son. The outpouring of support and continued efforts strengthens their hope.We need for folks to continue to assist us in our goal. Please search your property, your cars, your outbuildings, your sheds. Also check with your neighbors and friends who may be on vacation or may need assistance to search their property. There are a lot of resources out there to help. Please don't stop."

Let's guess that the message was not written by the Hormans and was improvised by the captain.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/95985679.html

Searchers from across the state will gather for a more thorough search. No volunteers wanted.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Second-grade-student-missing-from-Skyline-Elementary-95670454.html

Intriguing questions were asked during the conferences, including whether the family had taken polygraphs, and if search warrants were requested to search the family home, etc...

All those questions were answered with "I can't discuss that", or "I am not in liberty to elaborate", etc...

The FBI brought in a mobile command center.

The searchers need food and water and are requesting that of the community.

Sports drinks and granola bars are needed too.

Thanks Itaryl. I am still catching up on today.

Tracy- I think anything is possible. That is a great possibility. Someone could have rendered Kyron unconscious and with everything going on that day it could have gone unnoticed. My gut feeling is someone who worked within the school like a custodian or maybe a resource type person like a speech therapist that might be assigned to the school on certain days. I am completely baffled. I am on the fence about stepmom but only because of the post about going to the gym on her facebook. But then again maybe that was her way of dealing with the stress. It isn't the way I would deal with it if I was in her situation. I do think there is a reason the parents aren't speaking out. It has to be that LE does not want them to speak. But Why?

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #117 on: June 09, 2010, 11:44:23 PM »

Kyron Horman's family says 'please don't stop' searching for missing boy
Published: Wednesday, June 09, 2010, 12:06 PM     Updated: Wednesday, June 09, 2010, 12:33 PM
Kate Mather, The Oregonian Kate Mather, The Oregonian

The family of missing second-grader Kyron Horman implored the Portland metro community to keep looking for the 7-year-old boy who disappeared last week from his school: "Please don't stop."

In a statement, the family urged people to search their property, their outbuildings, sheds, anything they can think of to help find the boy.

They want to keep the focus on Kyron, said Capt. Mike Shults of the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office at a noon news conference.

Meanwhile, investigators have activated a statewide search-and-rescue plan that will bring hundreds of searchers and teams to the area to help out, said Capt. Jason Gates of the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office. The crews will be on the ground here as early as tonight, but in force by Thursday, he said.

He said he couldn't say how many people were searching  today or where they were looking.

Kyron Horman
The Oregonian's continuing coverage of missing second-grader Kyron Horman.
Kyron vanished at 9 a.m. Friday from Skyline School in Northwest Portland after he and his stepmother went to school early to tour a science fair where the boy had a project.

His stepmother said she last saw him walking to his classroom before she left. One other person is believed to have seen Kyron at the school at 9 a.m. but authorities haven't said who or where.

Gates adamantly denied that authorities had issued a search warrant for the Hormans' house in response to a question at a noon news conference. He declined to answer questions about whether there was any evidence turned over to a magistrate.[/b]

-- Kate Mather

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/family_says_please_dont_stop_s.html

In the process of elimination ... at the getgo there should have been a search warrant issue for the Hormans' house.  The investigation should have started there and branched outward.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #118 on: June 09, 2010, 11:53:27 PM »

Agreed.

In a case of a missing child, there should've been thorough searches of the house, computers, grounds, etc... with or without search warrants.

Polygraphs also should've been requested, even if there was no indication of foul play and the boy just wandered off.

That should be part of their SOPs.

Why is he denying it, or answering as if that was so off?

Starlit
Scared Monkey

« Reply #119 on: June 10, 2010, 12:29:42 AM »

At my childs school, when we are on campus we have to wear visitor tags on our shirts. I am just wondering if Kyron's school had the same type of policy and there might have been someone walking around the school not wearing a visitor tag, meaning they didnt belong there. Just a thought.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.