April 18, 2024, 03:09:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #1 6/5/10 - 6/30/10  (Read 565997 times)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1020 on: June 23, 2010, 09:58:24 PM »

The pic of the sun, yes, the smile doesn't seem to reach the rest of the face.  In fact, the eyes are red.  Colored in that way they actually seem 'angry' eyes, to me.  Anyone in Kyron's life with angry eyes and a smile?  Or maybe himself? 

Dunno.  I could be reading too much into his pics.  Or may be way off base. 

Although many psychs do look at children's artwork very carefully, as one way to express what's inside, that they don't have words for, yet.

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1021 on: June 23, 2010, 09:59:50 PM »

Thanks all for your input on those pictures.  Smile  It helps to see things from another's perspective, that's for sure. 

When I look at the first pic, am not sure if it's supposed to be a squirrel or a chipmunk.  Am thinking squirrel, because of Terri's nickname and all.  But whichever it is, it holding one nut. 

Check out the two others nuts at the top of the pic.  Far away from the squirrel, out of reach.  One large, one smaller.  And up there with them is what looks like a white feather.  No color at all.  Why? 

Could the squirrel represent Terri, the nut she is holding represent baby sis, and the other two nuts out of reach, represent Kyron and his bigger bro?  Perhaps the sis being the only one that Terri cares about, is interested in? 

Is that how life felt like to Kyron, so much so that he draws his life in this pic? 

Maybe. 

Or maybe it's just a cute pic.  Dunno.

Very interesting thoughts. I thought it was a peace sign up in the right hand corner, never thought it was a feather, but I believe you are right, it is a feather.
mediamama
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1022 on: June 23, 2010, 10:03:55 PM »

This may have been discussed previously,  but if so, I've missed it.

Who is this standing in front of Kyron's project?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1365626&id=1264414625&fbid=1489640002015#!/photo.php?pid=1365627&id=1264414625&fbid=1489640042016

Mediamama, that is not Kyrons project, that is a classmate Kurtis posing with his own project.  The boys must be friends outside of school too, it looks like Kurtis and Kyron  out together in some of the other facebook pics.

Thanks Love2Read. There's so much inconsistent info with this case, I can't keep everything straight! I wonder who Kurtis "belongs to" and what he and his parents have to say about that tragic day. Sad

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light."

- Plato
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1023 on: June 23, 2010, 10:47:15 PM »

Artwork by Kyron

http://www.kgw.com/news/slideshows/Photos-Missing-boy-Kyron-Horman-95777234.html?gallery=y&c=y&img=0

*Note:
Think there is any significance in either of these pics by Kyron?  Just curious what y'all think.  Any child-art-experts out there?  Smile  Looks like Kyron has a great deal of talent far beyond his years!  IMO.

Sigh...

I think he drew a squirrel because it is a common nick name for his step mom and something he heard about a lot. He probably learned how to draw it and he was reproducing it. The pic has nice colors, blue sky's, the eyes look kind. It doesn't have a threatening appearance at all. Lets say the nuts are a representation of the 3 kids, which I am not sure they are, the 3 nuts are all there with 2 above the mom which could mean they are valued. If the nut she is holding is representing the baby sis, well that would make sense, after all it she is still very young. I don't see anything unhealthy in the pic.

The sun reminds me of an art project at school. At first I wondered why he made the sun blue which is usually associated with cold but then he used primary colors so not sure if that was part of the assignment or perhaps he was drawn to that color scheme. The eyes being red do not concern me because the mouth is also red along with other areas of the picture. It is in balance you could say.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1024 on: June 23, 2010, 11:17:42 PM »

My apologies if this has already been posted:

Is Sheriff's Office Questionnaire a 'Public Frame-Up' of Terri Moulton Horman

By John Kays

http://newsblaze.com/story/20100622060246kays.nb/topstory.html

Stepmom - Terri Moulton Horman

<snipped from long article.. see rest at above link>

"A 'rush to judgment' is unfolding right before our very eyes. We are the people and the public that is taking the blows. The poor stepmother is being prosecuted, flogged in blogs, on Facebook and now by the Sheriff's Office with this skewed questionnaire. But who in the Portland community is going to stand up to this form of propaganda? Who will have the courage to say this is an improper law enforcement technique? Yea, Terri, you better hire a good attorney today!"

darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #1025 on: June 23, 2010, 11:21:48 PM »

Good Evening Monkeys and Guest!
Just checking in on Kyron before going to bed.

I do not see anything alarming or telling in Kyron's art work. He is really talented for his age. Everyone interprets art in different prospectives. I just see them as great pics done by a precious little boy. I have a fridge covered in artwork my 5 youngest have drawn and colored  for me. I guess if some expert wanted to delve into them, they would say my crowd needed intervention as one of them colored his dog green with purple spots, and one is a pink cat.  One draws cars with drills and flames coming out of it.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1026 on: June 23, 2010, 11:43:56 PM »

Am going to put a bunch of aerial pics of Kyron's school that I found online, into the Who's Who thread, for anyone interested.  Here's the link:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8168.20

And then I'm gonna call it a night.  Our lil village was hit by a mini tornado very early Tuesday morning.  No injuries, one house hit by a falling tree, the community cleanup has been exhausting.  See ya's all later. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1027 on: June 23, 2010, 11:50:12 PM »

Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1028 on: June 23, 2010, 11:52:40 PM »

With all due respect, and said in the nicest way...

If TH was there at the school that morning, and if the story of the pings is wrong, and if she did walk Kyron to 100 feet of his classroom, and if she went to do chores for the rest of the day, then the questionaire will just CLEAR her of all the innuendo that's been going on.

-----

Sure, the culprit could be a sex offender who saw the opportunity to take Kyron, or a school employee who also saw an opportunity that morning, or maybe a family member or someone known to the family who was up for revenge.

But, with the information that is "out there" we also have to include in that sea of suspects the person who was last seen with Kyron, and the person whose alibi seems a bit shaky.

MOO.
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1029 on: June 24, 2010, 12:01:14 AM »

"After being at the school today it is not somewhere close to town where someone who is not from around there would be able to see what is on the billboard of the school.

You would need to know where this school was, and be able to get out there, with a vehicle, to have taken a child. You would need to know the streets around there too, to get anywhere."

Post #36 from someone who was at the school today.

http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?t=369584
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #1030 on: June 24, 2010, 02:46:02 AM »

Bombshell tonight.....(sorry I couldn't resist)

http://wweek.com/editorial/3633/14183/

BY JAMES PITKIN | jpitkin at wweek dot com

[June 23rd, 2010]

In the nearly three weeks since Kyron Horman disappeared, law enforcement officials, reporters and thousands of online commenters have focused their attention on the 7-year-old boy’s fractured family.

The Sunday Oregonian devoted its front page June 20 to a story detailing relations between the boy’s biological mother and stepfather, who live in Medford, and his father and stepmom, who lived with Kyron in Portland. The headline called them a “close, supportive group.”

But a WW review of dozens of court documents paints a very different portrait. These documents reveal a family that has at times been divided by rocky divorce, suspicion and—in the case of one uncle—sex abuse.

This side of the family’s history takes on new emphasis as the investigation into the boy’s June 4 disappearance from Skyline Elementary School drags on. As first reported June 17 on wweek.com, sources in law enforcement say investigators are increasingly focusing on the stepmom’s whereabouts the day Kyron vanished. She’s the last person known to have seen the boy.

When he disappeared, Kyron was living with his father, Kaine Horman, and stepmom, Terri Moulton Horman, at their $292,000 home off secluded Northwest Sheltered Nook Road. Kaine Horman is an Intel engineer who made $90,000 back in 2002, according to court records.

Terri Moulton Horman is a former bodybuilder and ex-teacher who last worked for the Hillsboro School District, state records show. The Oregonian reports she gave birth to Kaine Horman’s daughter, Kiara, in December 2008.

Kaine Horman had been married once before, to Kyron’s biological mother, who now goes by the name Desiree Young. Washington County Circuit Court records show Young was pregnant with Kyron, the couple’s only child, when she filed for divorce from Kaine in August 2002. She cited irreconcilable differences.

What hasn’t been made public is the fact that, a month after filing for divorce, Young sought a restraining order against Kaine Horman, Kyron’s dad.

At the time, she had a 7-year-old son from a previous marriage. In court documents, Young said she feared Kaine Horman would “remove our children from their residence.” It’s unclear whether the couple was living together at the time. Washington County Circuit Judge Donald Letourneau granted Young’s request, forbidding either her or Kaine Horman from taking the children without the other’s consent.

According to Washington County Circuit Court records, Terri Moulton Horman has been married twice before and has a 16-year-old son, James Moulton, from her first marriage. She married her second husband, Richard Ecker, in 1996. He adopted James in 1998, court records show.

Three years later, they filed for divorce. At the time the couple agreed James would stay with Terri Moulton Horman and visit Ecker three times a week. “I love him very much, and he calls me dad and always has,” Ecker wrote in court records.

Although it’s not been made public, court records reveal that in 2008—a year after she married Kaine Horman—Terri Moulton Horman wrote the court, saying Ecker had ceased all contact with the family for three years. Washington County ordered him to start paying $493 a month, and the issue has since faded from the public record.

That same year, Kaine Horman’s brother, Kristian Horman, was arrested for child molestation.

Snohomish County Superior Court records say Kristian Horman, 32, was living with his girlfriend, her mother and his 1-year-old son in Bothell, Wash. On Oct. 24, 2008, the daughter of Kristian Horman’s ex-wife stayed at his house while his girlfriend was out of town. The records say Kristian Horman invited the girl, who was 15, to sleep in his bed. He massaged her back, then began rubbing her crotch. The girl left the bed and called her mother, and Kristian Horman apologized.

When police interviewed him, Kristian Horman at first said he was asleep and couldn’t remember what had happened. Finally he confessed, according to court records, saying he was trying to “arouse and initiate relations” with the girl.

Police asked Kristian Horman what he was thinking about after the girl pulled away. He then revealed there was a history of abuse in the Horman family, court records show, and said his grandfather had abused him.

“He indicated that he was thinking about all the stuff his grandfather had done to him,” the court records say, “and remembering how he felt during the time.” Kristian Horman was sentenced June 16 to six months in jail.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1031 on: June 24, 2010, 07:54:02 AM »

when I look at Kyron's artwork, I see artwork by a 7 yr old child...Smile jmo

newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1032 on: June 24, 2010, 08:24:58 AM »

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/591-children-missing-in-OR-1114-in-WA-96973329.html

snipped

PORTLAND -- The disappearance of seven year-old Kyron Horman is attracting widespread publicity. But, there are many other missing children who don't draw the same headlines.

According to Oregon State Police, there are 591 missing children in the state. Washington reports 1,114 children are reported missing.

Investigators said that, in roughly 95-97% of the cases, the missing children were runaways. Two- to three-percent involved custody issues. But occasionally, there were a few cases like Kyron Horman where a child disappears due to unknown circumstances. The second grader was last seen inside Skyline School on June 4th.
Starr Lara said she understands the pain of not knowing. Her sister Jaime Grissim was last seen headed to Fort Vancouver High School in December of 1971. "You know it is just grief every day. It is very painful. And I think families can accept a lot of things but not knowing, that is really hard," she said.

Community response will always be an important factor, according to police. If neighbors pull together by printing posters and getting the word out, a case will likely receive a lot more attention and potentially more clues.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1033 on: June 24, 2010, 09:08:55 AM »

Thanks seahorse.  From article 
Portland Public Schools spokesman Matt Shelby said two teachers saw Kyron with his stepmother and thought the two left school together. Wow, if this is true. It is amazing in a way how little Kyron was hardly noticed that day, like he blended into the woodwork. How sad.
NoRose,

The Staff Directory is listed on the right of the link below.  I haven't yet connected the dot's for the Teach's.

http://www.skylinek8.org/

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1034 on: June 24, 2010, 09:20:41 AM »

Am going to put a bunch of aerial pics of Kyron's school that I found online, into the Who's Who thread, for anyone interested.  Here's the link:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8168.20

And then I'm gonna call it a night.  Our lil village was hit by a mini tornado very early Tuesday morning.  No injuries, one house hit by a falling tree, the community cleanup has been exhausting.  See ya's all later. 

The photos look good.  I added the link to Skyline Elementary School below your photos on Who's Who thread, in case anyone wishes to check out the staff, because it has been so puzzling of who is who at the school. I do not if the staff list will clear anything up but it is there for viewing as of this morning.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1035 on: June 24, 2010, 09:29:09 AM »

The pic of the sun, yes, the smile doesn't seem to reach the rest of the face.  In fact, the eyes are red.  Colored in that way they actually seem 'angry' eyes, to me.  Anyone in Kyron's life with angry eyes and a smile?  Or maybe himself? 

Dunno.  I could be reading too much into his pics.  Or may be way off base. 

Although many psychs do look at children's artwork very carefully, as one way to express what's inside, that they don't have words for, yet.

I am not trying to be a "wise guy" the sun is a portrait SM. Please tell a second and look at her and then the sun and you will see Kyron did a portrait of SM face in the drawing of the sun, of coarse this is my speculation.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1036 on: June 24, 2010, 10:28:43 AM »

I don't want to analyze the pics they seem normal and I do not see anything into them, but I believe the pic of the sun is a replica of Mexican Folk Art. It appears to be a project done in school. Of course this is purely my opinion and I respect those of others.
      Jane V. had a brief bit on Kyron. Apparently there were 26 children in the class.  If the groups were broken into 4-5 children I would think there would be between 4 and 6 chaperones. If the teacher was one, and the "sub/assistant" was one, that leaves aprox. 3 more adults to help out. There is no way Kyron would be missed. If he was with a group that would be known.  Kyron never made it to the chaperoned tours, at least not with his class. Would Kyron just wander the fair without a group?  My opinion is highly unlikely.  Everyone states he is a good boy, which means he would follow the rules. I can't remember when they said they did a roll call for the day. The Tanner thing sticks out in my mind as well as the cool electric project. I am not sure what to think. Was this all before 8:45 a.m.?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1037 on: June 24, 2010, 10:37:14 AM »

The pictures sure look good to me considering he is only seven years old, if I analyzed some of the pictures my kids drew, well..... I will say he is a good little artist.  That is very concerning to me about the restraining order with the dad, I would like to hear more about that.
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1038 on: June 24, 2010, 11:46:26 AM »

I am no expert on children's drawings, so I leave the interpretations to the pros. The only thing that calls my attention to the drawings is that the sun has red eyes. Red eyes to me represents anger, or apparent anger.

--------

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/investigators_in_kyron_horman.html

"If we released everything that we knew, we'd get all kinds of people that call in with all kinds of theories. What we want is when we get tips to get fresh information. If we get a call with details that haven't gone out, we know that person is a credible witness," Gates said. "That's integral to the case and that's going to help us solve it. When we release tidbits of information to the public, it's definitely in order to help us solve this case.

"Until we solve this case, the public does not have a right to know the details. Once we solve the case, they have every right to."

-- Kate Mather
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1039 on: June 24, 2010, 12:26:26 PM »

"Mayor Asks For Help To ID Man In Kyron Picture"

http://www.kptv.com/video/24014601/index.html

Video clip

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.