March 28, 2024, 03:48:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #1 6/5/10 - 6/30/10  (Read 561543 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1120 on: June 25, 2010, 09:54:17 AM »

Good morning everyone.  I've been so unbelievably busy lately I haven't had the time to think very hard about this case.  I've tried to keep up with what little facts are being revealed but, as is typically the case (and for good reason) there aren't many of them.

Those who have followed my posts for over the past year plus know that I am the eternal optimist.  So I am going to go out on the ledge here and take the optimistic view that this was a domestic family abduction like that little boy that was just found not too long ago hidden away in the attic.  There's a lot that leads me to believe this is the case.  I would love to hear that Kyron was found locked away somewhere because the parents and step-parents did not get along.  The restraining order leads me to believe there was some concern that Kyron would be taken away--those orders aren't just given away without having some basis to grant them.  So that gives me a glimmer of hope.

Unfortunately, given today's tight budgets, one rarely sees law enforcement take on such a monumental and expensive task as they've done here in searching around Sauvie Island and its waterways without having a good reason to do so.  So while it may very well have been a family abduction, it is difficult for me to believe that Kyron will be found alive and well.  Law enforcement's actions in declaring this a criminal investigation and then proceeding to conduct the search the way they have been leads me to believe that my eternal optimism will, once again, be dashed.

God Bless You, Kyron.  I am pulling for you.  Although I am 2600 miles away from you, I am there with you, pulling for you. 

Jess....
God love ya! 
I am baffled by this one...don't know what could have happened to this child..
I am hoping and hoping that this little boy is alright...

Saw the video of Mom and Dad on tv this morning...very sad...indeed this is a parent's worst nightmare...

newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1121 on: June 25, 2010, 10:03:47 AM »

iSPY Very valid points and my belief as well. I do not think Kyron ever made it to his class to be chaperoned in a group. That would have been known by now, as someone would have stepped forward. I do wonder though if his friend did see him before the class grouping outside the class and gave an estimation of time which would have been before 9:00 a.m.  The electric project is key in knowing where it was. Was it downstairs in a classroom, was it in the gym? Did someone say to Kyron come and see this cool electric project? Kyron was a good kid and compliant, but this was a day with lots of energy excitement, that fills young children easily where they would be more apt to let their guard down. The buses arrived before 8:45 a.m. to have the students ontime for the original bell ringing which according to articles is 8:45. I would think with kids coming off the bus, parents heading out of the school, and people still wandering around before that 9:00 a.m. time Kyron could have been lured out somehow.  I am still wondering about the talent show as well. Not to point fingers but if Kyron was a part of this why wasn't something said by the person in charge of the activity. Was the teacher in charge of her classrooms talent show?  Why would a parent make a Dr. appt. for a child on such a busy day and especially if the child was in the talent show that day?  I wish we could find out if the dr. appt. is fact or rumor. FYI it has been established that Kaine was at work that day. Have a good day all!!!

I don't want to analyze the pics they seem normal and I do not see anything into them, but I believe the pic of the sun is a replica of Mexican Folk Art. It appears to be a project done in school. Of course this is purely my opinion and I respect those of others.
      Jane V. had a brief bit on Kyron. Apparently there were 26 children in the class.  If the groups were broken into 4-5 children I would think there would be between 4 and 6 chaperones. If the teacher was one, and the "sub/assistant" was one, that leaves aprox. 3 more adults to help out. There is no way Kyron would be missed. If he was with a group that would be known.  Kyron never made it to the chaperoned tours, at least not with his class. Would Kyron just wander the fair without a group?  My opinion is highly unlikely.  Everyone states he is a good boy, which means he would follow the rules. I can't remember when they said they did a roll call for the day. The Tanner thing sticks out in my mind as well as the cool electric project. I am not sure what to think. Was this all before 8:45 a.m.?

Don't mean to be busting in here.  Playing catchup and thinking.  newfie- You raised a very good point here.  Wonder what time the school normally opens, children begin arriving, and the latest children generally arrive.  I find it impossible to believe the school opened at 8:00, roll was taken, 26 children divided into groups in an orderly fashion, and their science fair tour was conducted by 8:45.  Having teachers in the family, as well as years of teaching experience, there's no way 25-26 excited 2nd graders+ proud parents/visitors could be corralled and contained, walk to the science fair room, tour all the exhibits, and be back within that time frame.  Moreover, Kyron's backpack and stuff would be a visual reminder to his classmates of his absence.  Finally, if the teacher "thought" Kyron was in the bathroom, wouldn't she have noticed he never returned? (The boys would have been talking about that-particularly his friends).  Most teachers keep a pretty close eye out  on who's gone to the bathroom and how long they've been gone-sending a fellow student in to retrieve them if necessary. Every classroom I've been in has bathroom passes that have to be obtained from the teacher.  Wouldn't the first boy that requested the pass post roll call have realized Kyron wasn't in the bathroom and reported that to the teacher? What was the discussion between teachers when Kyron wasn't there for the Talent Show lineup?  Every Talent Show. I've been involved with has been preceded by quieting the children and lining them up in order of appearance.  Something is missing in the information being released.  There would have been too many opportunities for someone to have seen and remembered Kyron, had he been there any length of time that morning.  Second graders are all about their little groups of friends, especially boys with their "best buds".  His friends would have clearly remembered seeing him that morning, as they ran to meet each other/show off their projects/talk excitedly about their projects.  Other parents would have remembered seeing the antics of Kyron and his excited buddy(ies).  Furthermore, in a small school, most teachers know most of the children in the other grades by name.  Teachers talk among themselves about cute little so-and-so or "So-and-so seems to really be struggling.  I wonder what's going on.", "Have you noticed anything different about so-and-so lately?  He/She seems to be really __________ the last few days/weeks", "I wonder if so-and-so's parents are having some problems because so-and-so's been really acting up in class lately and that's not like him/her.".  I always knew the scoop on most of the kids in elementary and high school. We were always acknowledged by other teachers in the halls.  I'd be really surprised if no one definitively remembered seeing Kyron, particularly if Terri was a classroom regular.  Teachers would have known her, as well as Kyron, particularly by the end of the year.  If Kyron were at the school (skeptical of this), IMO he was long gone before the homeroom bell...too many classmates would have seen him and said so to the teacher, prompting her to send someone looking for him.

My concern is that, from having volunteered there and having been a teacher, SM may have had some knowledge of the school's security (or the lack thereof).  Ditto for the teacher's/school's usual routines, as well as the school's layout.  I am not saying SM did something to Kyron, just looking at the factors necessary for Kyron to have disappeared from that location.  Very few perpetrators would walk into a crowded school event, where they could be ID'd later, to take a child...particularly an event where they cannot control entrances/exits and everything and everyone in between. Just can't see it happening.

My other concern is the whole Dr. appt thing.  If the Dr. appt was an a.m. event June 4th and made in advance, wouldn't the teacher be expecting Kyron to return to her classroom by 1:00 for the Talent Show?  Something's not right here.  If that truly was the case, Kaine & Terri (particularly former teacher Terri) would be absolutely livid at the teacher's negligence, at the school's negligence.  Having a parent who's a teacher, trust me...heads would roll, beginning with the principal.  The school board would have had an emergency meeting, the school system would have immediately lawyered up with an attorney representing them to the media.  Had a child disappeared from the hallway, parents would have been pulling children from school, and the outcry would have been massive.  Not buying the "The teacher didn't follow up because she got the dates mixed up and thought Kyron was at the doctor's.".  The school secretary would most likely have had documentation to support an approved absence. Wouldn't Kyron have likely said a hasty goodbye to one or more of his classmates in or across the exhibit room, if he was leaving for a doctor appt?  Too many loose ends here.
I
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1122 on: June 25, 2010, 10:13:20 AM »

I could be wrong but the doctor's appt was scheduled for the next week, it seemed odd to fill whatever paperwork so much sooner. Things must have changed never had to do that for my kids. I could swear that I've read the appt was June 11th Friday.
newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1123 on: June 25, 2010, 10:42:19 AM »

Thanks! No Rose, if that is the case ,then why did the teacher mark him absent after seeing him earlier, and then make a statement that she assumed he had an apppt.? There are too many inconsistencies with alot of the statements, and I think the media has twisted them somewhat.  The transcript from the interview is available. According to Kaine they were all suppossed to be on vacation right now. Here is a link:

http://www.kptv.com/news/24037975/detail.html

I could be wrong but the doctor's appt was scheduled for the next week, it seemed odd to fill whatever paperwork so much sooner. Things must have changed never had to do that for my kids. I could swear that I've read the appt was June 11th Friday.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1124 on: June 25, 2010, 10:53:43 AM »

newfie, that is what I can't figure out. I wish someone would correct me if I'm wrong, but I could swear that is what I read about an appt on June 11th.
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1125 on: June 25, 2010, 11:08:29 AM »

That's my understanding as well. June 11.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1126 on: June 25, 2010, 11:10:24 AM »

Sunshine12 posted this most interesting link. It is worth taking a few minutes to read.

I believe Sunshine12 mentioned she found this on I.S.

Kyron Horman Disappearance. This is what happened.

http://www.detectiveforums.com/forums/general-discussion/kyron-horman-disappearance-this-what-happened-t8417.html

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
mediamama
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1127 on: June 25, 2010, 11:13:03 AM »

hey everyone,

i found this link over on insessions, and its a detectives personal opinion on what happened, i suggest everyone checks it out, it's pretty interesting..

http://www.detectiveforums.com/forums/general-discussion/kyron-horman-disappearance-this-what-happened-t8417.html

I think there is still a lot we don't know to come up with a suspect on the few details that are out there makes an interesting story however I could put the janitor in the same place as the mom and get the same outcome. The janitor blends in, no one would notice him, he could say to Kyron to check out the cool electric project. He could meet him on the way there and ask for help with something, tie him up, put him in a box and out the door he goes with his "delivery" to another school lets say the island where another school is and no one is the wiser. Infact I think I can come with at least 10 different stories of what could have happened.

As far as we know, Terri isn't resentful of Kyron, She didn't believe him to be a burden, maybe she was feeling that but that hasn't been said anywhere. From all accounts she is said to have been a loving mother to Kyron. Not sure why the detective said this, perhaps it is the most common perception of a step mom?

LOL am I the only one left saying she may not have done this crime or had anything to do with it? That wouldn't surprise me, I usually am in the minority.

LOL Tracy. Nope, I'm right there with you. As I said over at Blink though, my perception may be skewed due to my own status as a stepmom. We're easy targets sometimes. Wink

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light."

- Plato
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1128 on: June 25, 2010, 11:16:50 AM »

That's my understanding as well. June 11.
Thank-you so much, I thought perhaps I was dreaming this. Why fill out paperwork so far in advance?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1129 on: June 25, 2010, 11:17:17 AM »

Sunshine12 posted this most interesting link. It is worth taking a few minutes to read.

That is very interesting.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1130 on: June 25, 2010, 11:30:58 AM »

That is very interesting.

I agree, very interesting.

The poster makes a good point Children do not know about time.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1131 on: June 25, 2010, 12:26:05 PM »

I just finished reading the transcript of the interview with Kyron's Mother and Father. I do not know how I would respond in such a situation but I have got to say that that they are two very strong people and my heart goes out to both of them.

Maybe I am also being optomistic but I too believe that Kyron is still alive.

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1132 on: June 25, 2010, 12:31:53 PM »

I have a couple questions.

Is there any confirmation yet as to the actual reason why the white truck was taken to a shop? What was the actual nature of the repairs if any?
Was the problem a sudden onset or?

Had the truck had problems prior to being taken to the shop that required assistance from anyone? Had it ever broken down in traffic etc...?

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1133 on: June 25, 2010, 12:47:37 PM »

I have a couple questions.

Is there any confirmation yet as to the actual reason why the white truck was taken to a shop? What was the actual nature of the repairs if any?
Was the problem a sudden onset or?

Had the truck had problems prior to being taken to the shop that required assistance from anyone? Had it ever broken down in traffic etc...?

Hi PatMocha,

I read the trucker's "starter" went all of a sudden (I guess) that is how the starter stops, LOL.
Sorry, I have no confirmation.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1134 on: June 25, 2010, 12:51:01 PM »

I just finished reading the transcript of the interview with Kyron's Mother and Father. I do not know how I would respond in such a situation but I have got to say that that they are two very strong people and my heart goes out to both of them.

Wouldn't that be great if he were still around?  LE said "criminal investigation"  SM has a "death look" in her face. IMO.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1135 on: June 25, 2010, 12:59:53 PM »

Car trouble could explain why the truck was in a semi-private road, idling at 3:00pm.

Getting out of the main road to see if the problem would go away, or figuring out what's wrong without people nosing around could explain it.

Explaining what was the truck doing at near the same spot at 2:00am is a bit harder to explain.

If what has been said about the truck is true, that is.

Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1136 on: June 25, 2010, 01:10:49 PM »

Wouldn't that be great if he were still around?  LE said "criminal investigation"  SM has a "death look" in her face. IMO.

Yes it would be wonderful if he is still alive.
I am not so ready to say SM has a "death look" in her face though.

Obviously SM was the one who was responsible for Kyron that morning. SM stated that she last saw Kyron when she allowed him to walk off toward his class.
I would assume that she feels some level of responsibility in Kyron's disappearance whether she were the true perpetrator or not because she admittedly did not walk Kyron all the way into his classroom.
I guess I am in the moniority here also?

Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1137 on: June 25, 2010, 01:12:59 PM »

Car trouble could explain why the truck was in a semi-private road, idling at 3:00pm.

Getting out of the main road to see if the problem would go away, or figuring out what's wrong without people nosing around could explain it.

Explaining what was the truck doing at near the same spot at 2:00am is a bit harder to explain.

If what has been said about the truck is true, that is.

I am suspicious of this alleged vehicle, truck, car, vehicle sighting at either times mentioned.

Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1138 on: June 25, 2010, 01:20:25 PM »

LE coming out and stating that they are conducting a "criminal investigation" means exactly that.
After a search was conducted around the school etc... and it was found that Kyron did not simply wander off of his own volition the coming out and stating that they are indeed considering this case as an active criminal investigation seems SOP. And rightly so imvho.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1139 on: June 25, 2010, 02:04:47 PM »

hey everyone,

i found this link over on insessions, and its a detectives personal opinion on what happened, i suggest everyone checks it out, it's pretty interesting..

I think there is still a lot we don't know to come up with a suspect on the few details that are out there makes an interesting story however I could put the janitor in the same place as the mom and get the same outcome. The janitor blends in, no one would notice him, he could say to Kyron to check out the cool electric project. He could meet him on the way there and ask for help with something, tie him up, put him in a box and out the door he goes with his "delivery" to another school lets say the island where another school is and no one is the wiser. Infact I think I can come with at least 10 different stories of what could have happened.

As far as we know, Terri isn't resentful of Kyron, She didn't believe him to be a burden, maybe she was feeling that but that hasn't been said anywhere. From all accounts she is said to have been a loving mother to Kyron. Not sure why the detective said this, perhaps it is the most common perception of a step mom?

LOL am I the only one left saying she may not have done this crime or had anything to do with it? That wouldn't surprise me, I usually am in the minority.

LOL Tracy. Nope, I'm right there with you. As I said over at Blink though, my perception may be skewed due to my own status as a stepmom. We're easy targets sometimes. Wink

I have been on both sides of this coin. I am a stepmom and I would never touch one of my step children. I think I treat them better then my own kids sometimes, lol. I never ground them or discipline them, that is my husbands job. However, my children have had a step mom from hell. She was mean to them and refused to accept my disabled son's diagnosis. She was not a nice step mom at all, thankfully she is out of the pic.

I do think though step moms are made out to be 2nd best, someone who is only burdened with "other" children, a person with no real attachment to the "other" children, someone who resents the step children... Sometimes that is true, sometimes not. So far I see nothing which leads one to come to that conclusion in this case. Kyron looked happy, got good grades, terri seems to have been an active, loving step mother.

Pics are mentioned over and over again. Not having your pic taken with your children does not mean you are capable of murder. Not walking your child to the class does not make you capable of murder. Not attending a talent show does not make you capable of murder. What Terri is being accused of is a horrible, horrible crime and it shouldn't be something lightly thrown around without any solid proof, imo. Only a few accounts of that day have been released to the public, not enough is known.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.