April 26, 2024, 10:12:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #1 6/5/10 - 6/30/10  (Read 567178 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1240 on: June 26, 2010, 03:59:23 PM »

Thanks, norose ~ and, by the way, I don't know of any schools around here that still combine grade levels....
This was when we lived in my hometown in Wisconsin many years ago when the kids were little, I wasn't sure about that being like that anymore, and you are welcome.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1241 on: June 26, 2010, 04:23:25 PM »

I didn't know searchers ate baked potatoes for energy.  These posting bottom of the webpage.

http://web.me.com/owensfamily4/Bring_Kyron_Home/HOME.html

ARCHIVED UPDATES

URGENT NEED FOR HELP!!  Update 6/11/10 11:45am

Can anyone help us bake 150 potatoes to take to the Search and Rescue teams?  We have the potatoes.  We just need ovens to bake them in!  Please email us if you can help!  Thanks!

bringkyronhome@me.com

BANNERS

We are hanging the banners up on the overpasses today.  Pictures and video will be posted here.

BRACELETS

We are trying to find a company who can get the bracelets to us by next Tuesday.  If you have suggestions.  Please email us! 

bringkyronhome@me.com

VIGIL

We are in the process of planning a vigil.  We are shooting for Tuesday, but we’re checking with all of the various groups who are involved (including Kaine’s family) to confirm the details.  AS SOON as we know definite information, we will let you know right here!

Finally - THANK YOU for all of your support.  Just in the last 24 hours, we’ve received tremendous financial support for our efforts.  SC is truly a unique, caring community and one of which the three of us feel privileged to be a part.

Please keep supporting however you can!!  We won’t stop until KYRON IS HOME!!!

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1242 on: June 26, 2010, 04:54:08 PM »

Has Tim Miller / Texas Equuasearch been mentioned or suggested to the families?  Just wondering if anyone knows . . .
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1243 on: June 26, 2010, 05:25:31 PM »

Thanks, norose ~ and, by the way, I don't know of any schools around here that still combine grade levels....
This was when we lived in my hometown in Wisconsin many years ago when the kids were little, I wasn't sure about that being like that anymore, and you are welcome.
We do. We combine 1st and 2nd and 3rd and 4th. My kids did very well in the blended classes - but parents also have the choice of separate classes.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1244 on: June 26, 2010, 05:38:47 PM »

Don't quote me but I thought I read Kyrons class was a 2/3 combo class.

There are many different lifestyles a person can be associated with, some bad, some good, some that are everyday things and some that are not, religious, non religious etc...

Oh gosh who is grading grammer? We don't do that here do we? I am sometimes posting in between customers and do not always watch how I word things. Or I forget to do spell check. Geez don't we all have enough to contend with without the worry of who is judging our grammer?
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1245 on: June 26, 2010, 06:36:18 PM »

Monkey's,

I did not think of this on my own, I read examiner.com an article on sadomasochistic cadoodling.
Could that what the mystery lifestyle could be?  The article does not state "cadoodling" but I can not write it contents.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1246 on: June 26, 2010, 06:47:07 PM »

We do. We combine 1st and 2nd and 3rd and 4th. My kids did very well in the blended classes - but parents also have the choice of separate classes.
Okay, I wasn't sure if they still did that.  I never heard of baked potatoes for energy either, interesting.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1247 on: June 26, 2010, 06:48:17 PM »

Monkey's,

I did not think of this on my own, I read examiner.com an article on sadomasochistic cadoodling.
Could that what the mystery lifestyle could be?  The article does not state "cadoodling" but I can not write it contents.

I'm afraid to know what the cadoodling is.
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1248 on: June 26, 2010, 07:12:53 PM »

Monkey's,

'

LOL I had to google it - it means To engage in caressing, petting, or lovemaking.  I am sure the the sadomasochistic in front of it means it is not your normal stuff.. . .{{insert blushing monkey here}}

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1249 on: June 26, 2010, 07:14:38 PM »

Monkey's,

'

LOL I had to google it - it means To engage in caressing, petting, or lovemaking.  I am sure the the sadomasochistic in front of it means it is not your normal stuff.. . .{{insert blushing monkey here}}
LOL  thank-you
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #1250 on: June 26, 2010, 08:49:39 PM »

Transcript Of Interview With Kyron Horman Parents

POSTED: 6:48 am PDT June 25, 2010
UPDATED: 7:07 am PDT June 25, 2010

http://www.kptv.com/news/24037975/detail.html

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The parents of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman answered questions from reporters for the first time Friday.

Kyron disappeared from Skyline School after a science fair on June 4. Multnomah County detectives are treating his disappearance as a criminal investigation, but they have not announced whether any evidence has been found or if there is a person of interest in the case.

The following is a transcript of a June 25, 2010, interview with Kyron's biological father, Kaine Horman, and his biological mother, Desiree Young.

Reporter: First of all, we just want to hear about Kyron. We've heard you say that he's shy, he likes art, he likes soccer. What else can you tell us about the kind of kid he is?

Desiree Young: He's got a great sense of humor. (He's) a funny, quirky little kid. Again, he's very shy. And he likes to go to the beach. He loves fishing and camping. He likes the outdoors.

Reporter: We saw those pictures yesterday of you swimming with him.

Kaine Horman: Yeah, swimming class. He loves to be in the water. He just loves to be outside. All his activities -- baseball, mini golf, there's a couple pictures of him making sand angels at the beach. Those types of things are things he just loves to do.

Reporter: What do you both remember about the last time you saw Kyron or what you talked about?

Desiree Young: We talked about summer and spending more time together. And our trip that we had planned. And he was extremely happy about that.

Kaine Horman: Vacation. We were actually supposed to be on vacation right now. We were really looking forward to going down and visiting some friends in California. We were going to be there for an extended period of time. A lot of the families down there have kids around his age that he knows so we were really excited about that.

I saw him the day of the science fair that morning and I was just really proud of him for all the work he put into his project. We gave each other a couple of big hugs and I just told him to have a great day at the fair and enjoy presenting the project.

Reporter: I think the thing you've heard and we've heard so much is that parents and families say we cannot imagine what you're going through. How can you describe and put into words what you're going through?

Desiree Young: The worst hell I've ever experienced. I can't even explain it. Never in a million years would've thought we would be here.

Reporter: Are you guys having normal days ever? Do you do chores? Do you go grocery shopping? What is your day like?

Kaine Horman: Every day for us, Kyron was in it. And he is in it. And it's just in a different capacity right now. That's what makes it hard. Every day is not a normal day.

Reporter: Are you able to have any sense of normalcy right now or is that just gone?

Desiree Young: It's gone right now. Until he comes home.

Reporter: Today is 3 weeks since he has disappeared and in that time, and I'm sure you've heard this, this is only the second time we have seen you guys in front of the cameras. A lot of people are asking about that. What is your response? How can you explain why you have stayed behind the scenes?

Kaine Horman: A couple things. Keeping the focus on Kyron and the investigation to find him. There's a lot of distractions that can come up to that and we're trying to limit those distractions as much as possible. And we want to find him. In the first couple weeks, and well into this week as well, we've had a lot of hours where we've spent with investigators. When we're not working with the investigators or the investigation directly, it's working with all the people in the community, all the volunteers, thanking as many people as we can, focusing on efforts to get his face out. That's where our focus has been. It's just not given us a lot of time to put a lot of thought into statements to the public.

Reporter: Obviously, we all know that police are keeping the details of this case very confidential and close to the vest. Are you guys privy to more information than the public? Or are you in the dark as well if there is something to know?

Desiree Young: Unfortunately, we are just reinforced every day that they have more tips and how many tips they've gotten. To date, it's 2,500 tips now. It's the biggest case they've ever handled.

Reporter: Is that frustrating for you? Do you find yourselves constantly asking them -- what else can you tell us? Can you tell us specifics?

Desiree Young: Yes, just like anyone else would. We want to have an answer. We want to have Kyron right here and that's not happened yet. I think there's a little bit of frustration there, but they're doing everything they can. We're confident that they are throwing every resource at this and doing everything that they can to bring him home.

Reporter: Desiree, you're married to a police officer. I know you probably have insight into that world, but how has your impression of police work changed? What has impressed you about the efforts of these detectives?

Desiree Young: It's been phenomenal. I don't even know if I can have everybody understand from what I have to say but being from Medford and southern Oregon, you don't see the amount of response that has occurred with this case. If you see more than five patrol cars at any incident, that's a big deal down there. There's literally hundreds of thousands of people that have come together to search or investigate or take tips or liaison for us. I mean, there's so many people that have worked on this case and so many people care about Kyron and want to bring him home.

Reporter: Aside from the detectives and the official types in this case, tell me about the support from the community and across the country. I know that has really overwhelmed you. How can you describe that?

Kaine Horman: It's been amazing. People when we talk to them on a daily basis, the description of how people in the communities around the country have adopted him into their households -- his smile and everything. They constantly want to know a little bit more about him and who their new adopted child is, how they can find him and relate to him. Every day we talk to as many people as we can when we're kind of getting a little down time from the investigation aspect of it. But that's how we spend our time is touching base.

Reporter: Have you heard from parents of other missing kids?

Desiree Young: Yes.

Kaine Horman: Yeah.

Reporter: Does that help?

Desiree Young: Yes, I would say. I mean, it helps us feel hopeful.

Kaine Horman: It's provided some support. As we get more opportunities to utilize those resources through other people and support groups and things like that, that's something we're definitely looking into now. But based on the pace of everything, it's been hard to get our feet settled and utilize that probably to the fullest capability that's available to us.

Reporter: Detectives have told us many times that in this case they're leaving no stone unturned. Have they searched your homes, your cars and your property?

Desiree Young: They haven't needed to search our house as of yet. But they're welcome to. Anything that they need to do, we're definitely letting them do.

Reporter: Kaine, can you talk about your property?

Kaine Horman: Yeah, they've been down to search many times and they're welcome to search many more times. Whatever it takes to find him.

Reporter: Actually in the house, as well?

Kaine Horman: Yes.

Reporter: Also, in an unusual move, they put out this flier to anyone associated with Kyron's school. They put Terri's pictures and pictures of the white truck on it. What was your reaction when that happened? What was Terri's reaction?

Kaine Horman: I can't speak to Terri's reaction, but my reaction to it -- photos of the things that were last seen associated with him that day. Through the process we've gone through, we've been asked the same question dozens of times. In a lot of cases, when you change the frame of reference, you think of new things and new angles that you haven't thought of before. From my perspective, issuing that questionnaire is just another way to get another angle or perspective from people who were at the school that day -- and hopefully, more data points and leads that perhaps they didn't think of the first time through when they were interviewed by the detectives and investigators at the school. I actually view it as a very positive step.

Reporter: Police have said they don't have any suspects yet or persons of interest. Did you feel like that flier being out with your wife's pictures on it painted her as a suspect at all?

Kaine Horman: No. She was one of the last people who saw him that day. It just helped associate things that were seen along with him on that particular day, so no.

Reporter: If someone has Kyron or someone took Kyron, what would you want to say to that person?

Desiree Young: To let him come home. We miss him and we love him and we need him.

Reporter: Has that entered your mind that someone is keeping him somewhere?

Desiree Young: Yeah.

Kaine Horman: Yeah.

Reporter: In your gut, what do you think happened?

Reporter: Can you go there right now?

Desiree Young: No.

Kaine Horman: No.

Reporter: Is it because when you go there, it's too sad?

Desiree Young: Yeah. We're trying to stay positive. We know that he's going to come home. We just stick with that every day.

Reporter: My last question is, if Kyron is being held somewhere, what would you want to say to him? Desiree, I know you wrote a letter to him recently and everything a mother would want to say to her child. If he's watching, what do you want to say to him?

Desiree Young: I wish I could be there to protect him. And bring him home.

Kaine Horman: That I love you and I miss you. And I would do anything to trade places and to get you home. We'll keep up the search and we will not stop until we find you.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #1251 on: June 26, 2010, 09:27:24 PM »

FWIW: I didn't bring over the info from Blinks site http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/06/23/new-clues-in-kyron-horman-search-fact-or-fiction-you-decide/#more-4019 to start rumors. That was not my intention at all. I really feel like Blink is on to something. I highly respect her/his opinion on this case and do not think Blink would sacrifice her reputation on a trivial rumor.

Blink is not the one to mention "club sesso", it was another poster questioning what blink meant by "lifestyle choice". A lifestyle choice could be several things. I do not know what Terri and bio Dad are into but I can't dismiss anything. For instance in Sandra Cantu's and Shaniya's case: Who ever saw that coming? Who ever thought that a person could sink that low in harming a child. So I am open to all possibilities.

I feel like Blink knows more than can be shared and obviously releasing too much could endanger Kyron. When I read Blinks article, it actually gave me great hope that Kyron is alive. That hope had been fading prior to reading Blinks article. If you sort of read between the lines in the article it makes a lot of sense. If someone took Kyron to get back at Terri or Dad for something, it would explain why LE has released little info and why they are talking in riddles. Riddles only the perp would understand. Have you seen LE and family ever act like this in a case before?

Then regarding Kyron's glasses: When the police release photos of what Kyron last had on, they also showed what his glasses looked like. Some speculate that his glasses were found during searches and the glasses that were shown were actually Kyron's. Also pictures were put out of Kyron of what he would look like without his glasses. Desiree also made a comment about Kyron not being able to see well.

So in  a nutshell I only mentioned these things because I felt like the theory held water and filled in alot of blanks. We have no decent facts about this case and LE is being tight lipped for a damn good reason, IMO. Only time will tell what really happened.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1252 on: June 26, 2010, 10:47:50 PM »

lol all... not being graded on grammar. I am just being hard on myself. I recently took a placement test, and yikes is all I can say.  Smile It is hard when you haven't been to school for years and then start back again. I agree that rumors and speculation are not helping find Kyron. We have no proof of any of these recent accusations including the past ones about the cell pings. The term lifestyles is all over the charts. We do not know where Terri went that day after she left Kyron. I know LE wants to keep this tight vested but I almost feel that the RUMOR flames are being fanned by them not coming out and saying whether she is a POI or not. Sorry if I offended anyone with the grammar thing. I am my own worst critic!

Don't quote me but I thought I read Kyrons class was a 2/3 combo class.

There are many different lifestyles a person can be associated with, some bad, some good, some that are everyday things and some that are not, religious, non religious etc...

Oh gosh who is grading grammer? We don't do that here do we? I am sometimes posting in between customers and do not always watch how I word things. Or I forget to do spell check. Geez don't we all have enough to contend with without the worry of who is judging our grammer?
newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1253 on: June 26, 2010, 10:56:12 PM »

cartfly, I understand what you are saying. You are only sharing info. from a person you believe to be a credible. But the comments people are stating are feeding off of Blinks opinion and maybe taking it a bit too far. ( jmo ) I certainly could be wrong.

FWIW: I didn't bring over the info from Blinks site http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/06/23/new-clues-in-kyron-horman-search-fact-or-fiction-you-decide/#more-4019 to start rumors. That was not my intention at all. I really feel like Blink is on to something. I highly respect her/his opinion on this case and do not think Blink would sacrifice her reputation on a trivial rumor.

Blink is not the one to mention "club sesso", it was another poster questioning what blink meant by "lifestyle choice". A lifestyle choice could be several things. I do not know what Terri and bio Dad are into but I can't dismiss anything. For instance in Sandra Cantu's and Shaniya's case: Who ever saw that coming? Who ever thought that a person could sink that low in harming a child. So I am open to all possibilities.

I feel like Blink knows more than can be shared and obviously releasing too much could endanger Kyron. When I read Blinks article, it actually gave me great hope that Kyron is alive. That hope had been fading prior to reading Blinks article. If you sort of read between the lines in the article it makes a lot of sense. If someone took Kyron to get back at Terri or Dad for something, it would explain why LE has released little info and why they are talking in riddles. Riddles only the perp would understand. Have you seen LE and family ever act like this in a case before?

Then regarding Kyron's glasses: When the police release photos of what Kyron last had on, they also showed what his glasses looked like. Some speculate that his glasses were found during searches and the glasses that were shown were actually Kyron's. Also pictures were put out of Kyron of what he would look like without his glasses. Desiree also made a comment about Kyron not being able to see well.

So in  a nutshell I only mentioned these things because I felt like the theory held water and filled in alot of blanks. We have no decent facts about this case and LE is being tight lipped for a damn good reason, IMO. Only time will tell what really happened.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1254 on: June 26, 2010, 11:30:05 PM »

Newfie - Blink is exceedingly credible and has inside sources and people within LE that respect her.  Blink is a sister blog to Scared Monkeys. 

As far as I'm concerned LE is fanning the rumor flame mostly by putting out that questionnaire.  KYRON is missing and everyone and everything needs to be looked at and researched until he is found. 
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #1255 on: June 27, 2010, 12:23:24 AM »

cartfly, I understand what you are saying. You are only sharing info. from a person you believe to be a credible. But the comments people are stating are feeding off of Blinks opinion and maybe taking it a bit too far. ( jmo ) I certainly could be wrong.

Thanks Newfie for responding. We are all here for the same reasons and do not always agree and that is okay. I tend to take the comments with a grain of salt (on blinks site) but put more credence into what Blink is saying. <hugs to you>

OT: Good luck in school! I went back when I was 32 and it is amazing how much you loose between high school and your 30's..... especially algebra, yuck. I had to retake ACT's and the scores were pretty lousy for me too, LOL.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1256 on: June 27, 2010, 02:35:16 AM »

Although I am not a regular poster in Kyron's thread, I wanted to point you all to some great pictures of Portland and Skyline Elementary School, taken today, from radionewz's forum:

http://forums.radionewz.net/index.php?topic=151.0

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #1257 on: June 27, 2010, 03:05:57 AM »

Although I am not a regular poster in Kyron's thread, I wanted to point you all to some great pictures of Portland and Skyline Elementary School, taken today, from radionewz's forum:

Great find Brandi, thank you so much! These pics give a better perspective of the school surroundings. Smile

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1258 on: June 27, 2010, 03:15:22 AM »

Great find Brandi, thank you so much! These pics give a better perspective of the school surroundings. Smile

You're very welcome, cartfly.

BTW ... I left you a reply to your post in my thread. You should check it out! Wink

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1259 on: June 27, 2010, 06:51:16 AM »

by KGW.com Staff

KING5.com

Posted on June 26, 2010 at 6:01 PM

Updated yesterday at 6:03 PM

Report: Missing Portland boy's step-mom under scrutiny, says her dad

PORTLAND -- Kyron Horman's photo was on the cover of 'People' for the second week in a row and the story that goes with it focuses on the attention that has been placed on his step-mother Terri Moulton.

Since Kyron vanished three weeks ago, she has been singled-out in a questionnaire sent to parents and staff of Skyline school. A lifelong friend described Terri Moulton's unhappiness with a second polygraph test.

Moulton's father, Larry Moulton, 72, told 'People'  matter-of-factly that "the finger points at stepmoms, she's trying to be cooperative."

He too said she has had two polygraphs, have taken her truck twice and questioned her for up to six hours.

snip

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Report-Missing-Portland-boys-step-mom-under-scrutiny-says-her-dad-97241234.html

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.