April 26, 2024, 09:34:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #1 6/5/10 - 6/30/10  (Read 567130 times)
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1260 on: June 27, 2010, 07:24:45 AM »

Thanks, norose ~ and, by the way, I don't know of any schools around here that still combine grade levels....
This was when we lived in my hometown in Wisconsin many years ago when the kids were little, I wasn't sure about that being like that anymore, and you are welcome.
We do. We combine 1st and 2nd and 3rd and 4th. My kids did very well in the blended classes - but parents also have the choice of separate classes.
Okay, I wasn't sure if they still did that.  I never heard of baked potatoes for energy either, interesting.

J.Fonda revealed she carries "baked potatoes in her pocket" for energy. My chin hit the floor when she admitted she actually carries potatoes in her pocket.  Perhaps small white potatoes?  Would Yams be the more beneficial in vitamins? The enterview
was broadcast maybe five years ago on TV where she mentioned her energy secret of baked potatoes.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1261 on: June 27, 2010, 09:16:56 AM »

Although I am not a regular poster in Kyron's thread, I wanted to point you all to some great pictures of Portland and Skyline Elementary School, taken today, from radionewz's forum:

http://forums.radionewz.net/index.php?topic=151.0

Brandi,

The school appears to be of a solitary existence. Thank-you for bringing the prespective to our attention

(ME) O.T. I keep returning to this opinion by poster "Justlogic" on http://www.detectiveforums.com/forums/

Kyron Horman Disappearance. This is what happened.
by justlogic Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:28 pm

"This was not a crime of simple opportunity. This was also not done by some older kid. This act was committed by someone with adult knowledge,skills and with extremely detailed planing ability. You need a real plan to pull this off. You need to be extremely organized"

http://www.detectiveforums.com/forums/general-discussion/kyron-horman-disappearance-this-what-happened-t8417.html

ME: I put quotes on justlogic opinion of someone being extremely organized. 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1262 on: June 27, 2010, 09:29:44 AM »

Why didn't SM and her family bake the potatoes?  Could the potatoes be baked outside on the grill? Diving must be a horrible job in these circumstances. I am in awe of Divers.

I am references to the plea from this web site for ovens to bake potatoes for searchers

Can anyone help us bake 150 potatoes to take to the Search and Rescue teams?  We have the potatoes.  We just need ovens to bake them in!  Please email us if you can help!  Thanks!

bringkyronhome@me.com

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1263 on: June 27, 2010, 09:41:30 AM »

J.Fonda revealed she carries "baked potatoes in her pocket" for energy. My chin hit the floor when she admitted she actually carries potatoes in her pocket.  Perhaps small white potatoes?  Would Yams be the more beneficial in vitamins? The enterview
was broadcast maybe five years ago on TV where she mentioned her energy secret of baked potatoes.

This is OT, but kinda related.

Here's my 10 reasons why BPs would be ideal in searches:

1. lots of carbohydrates, good carbohydrates, and fiber
2. no fat, other than the ton of butter added
3. baked ones can still be eaten after they get hard and taste like boiled peanuts
4. cheap
5. raw ones keep for weeks, before sprouting
6. can make any type of meat taste like it was cooked by granny
7. one can insert twigs and pebbles in and play Mr. Potato Head during breaks
8. one can play hot potato during breaks, using the "real thing"
9. they make wonderful projectiles against wild critters, like raccoons or bears
10. can be carried in purses and pockets without making much of a mess

I suspected J. Fonda was a potato-in-the pocket kinda gal. Though I always thought they were implants.

Wink
newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1264 on: June 27, 2010, 09:50:51 AM »

Thanks Klassend, I agree with you on Blink, she is very informed and I am sure she has great sources. I guees the point I was trying to make was that the commentors were taking what she was saying and running in various directions with it. I hope I did not offend anyone. I too respect and appreciate others as well as their rights to comments and opinions, though I do not necessarily always agree with them. Yes the questionnaire almost appears to be suggestive.

Newfie - Blink is exceedingly credible and has inside sources and people within LE that respect her.  Blink is a sister blog to Scared Monkeys. 

As far as I'm concerned LE is fanning the rumor flame mostly by putting out that questionnaire.  KYRON is missing and everyone and everything needs to be looked at and researched until he is found. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1265 on: June 27, 2010, 09:52:07 AM »

Although I am not a regular poster in Kyron's thread, I wanted to point you all to some great pictures of Portland and Skyline Elementary School, taken today, from radionewz's forum:

Thank-you excellent pictures, that school area looks rather scary to me, sort of like out of a horror film. I've lived in a lot of places, and have never seen a school and it's surrounding areas look like that. All my opinion, and probably has nothing to do with anything, but geez, a person could hide around there and grab a kid and who knows what else.
newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1266 on: June 27, 2010, 09:58:15 AM »

Thanks cartfly for responding as well. Yes the Algebra bit me as well. I took a TEAS placement test for Nursing School. I am excited and over that hurdle now it is back to school in a few weeks. Sorry to be off topic.

I like the baked potato story with the searcher. I commend her for her kindness beyond herself as well as her dedication.
Has anyone heard if they are still searching Sauvie Island?  I am thinking it has scaled back. I wonder what evidence has been collected? I hope LE informs the public soon.  I don't know if keeping this in the dark so to speak will or hinder finding out where Kyron is.
newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1267 on: June 27, 2010, 10:04:48 AM »

Thanks for sharing the pics! Beautiful area, but scary when you think of all the possibilities of places someone could crouch down and hide.

Thank-you excellent pictures, that school area looks rather scary to me, sort of like out of a horror film. I've lived in a lot of places, and have never seen a school and it's surrounding areas look like that. All my opinion, and probably has nothing to do with anything, but geez, a person could hide around there and grab a kid and who knows what else.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1268 on: June 27, 2010, 11:02:28 AM »

3. baked ones can still be eaten after they get hard and taste like boiled peanuts
4. cheap
9. they make wonderful projectiles against wild critters, like raccoons or bears

I suspected J. Fonda was a potato-in-the pocket kinda gal. Though I always thought they were implants.

Wink

Baaaha, many thanks, Itaryl Moosee, for the hysterical comment.
(ME) Perhaps, Ted used a few of potatoes, too. <:0)

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1269 on: June 27, 2010, 11:16:01 AM »

Who would take this challenge? in addition, why?  Monetary reason is the only thing that comes to my mind
 A former Real Estate agent's advice to me was "follow the money"...and every answer is usually money.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1270 on: June 27, 2010, 11:29:47 AM »

Who would take this challenge? in addition, why?  Monetary reason is the only thing that comes to my mind
 A former Real Estate agent's advice to me was "follow the money"...and every answer is usually money.

Follow the money, or perhaps follow someone scorned in a love connection, I just don't know what to think about that.
NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1271 on: June 27, 2010, 12:20:49 PM »

Okay - I've read and read and read and read ... all weekend about this adorable little guy ... everything from blogs to television stories and comments to newpaper articles and comments to just random randomness ...

It's very hard to find ANYTHING that has actually been released and/or verified by LE! 

What's up with that? ... Either they have something (I hope) and are just waiting for some type of forensics? ... Or they just don't have a clue.

The community seems mum on the subject too ... which I guess I find odd ... but maybe because the first (and main) case I've followed was Caylee and every Tom, Dick and Harry who lived anywhere in Orlando or had brushed up against an Anthony found a news camera to talk to .... maybe that's not the norm ...

The pictures are eye opening!  Looks like a rural school ... in need of a groundskeeper!

The only verified things I could find were:  he's missing, step mother took him to school, some pta mom saw them there, interview with a child who spoke to him that morning ...

I just find it so odd that with people buzzing around and only a handful of entrance/exit doors ... not one person saw Kyron leave?! 

If you were a random child predator ... why would you pick a small, out-of-the-way school like this?  On a day like this where children and in and out with their parents?  Where parents know one another and one another's children?  How do you lure them into a vehicle and know someone won't see you?  I can't make that make sense ...

If you were a parent/step parent ... how could you leave with a child and hold to your story that 'I dropped him off and never saw him again' when you can't possibly know if someone may have seen you out a window or something?  I can't make that make sense either ...

I'm sure they've checked every nook and cranny of that school ... (just thinking of a college student here who wandered into a boiler room and was electrocuted ... body found months later ... after extensive searching) ... I hope they checked really really well. 

I'm just mystified and my heart breaks for this little guy!

... trying to chase down all the Anthony's lies ... this may take a while ...
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #1272 on: June 27, 2010, 12:25:12 PM »

4. cheap

Wink
Thanks so much, that made my Sunday morning!! ROFL Smile I especially like the Mr Potato Head during breaks.....

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1273 on: June 27, 2010, 12:30:50 PM »

Okay - I've read and read and read and read ... all weekend about this adorable little guy ... everything from blogs to television stories and comments to newpaper articles and comments to just random randomness ...

It's very hard to find ANYTHING that has actually been released and/or verified by LE! 

What's up with that? ... Either they have something (I hope) and are just waiting for some type of forensics? ... Or they just don't have a clue.

The community seems mum on the subject too ... which I guess I find odd ... but maybe because the first (and main) case I've followed was Caylee and every Tom, Dick and Harry who lived anywhere in Orlando or had brushed up against an Anthony found a news camera to talk to .... maybe that's not the norm ...

The pictures are eye opening!  Looks like a rural school ... in need of a groundskeeper!

The only verified things I could find were:  he's missing, step mother took him to school, some pta mom saw them there, interview with a child who spoke to him that morning ...

I just find it so odd that with people buzzing around and only a handful of entrance/exit doors ... not one person saw Kyron leave?! 

If you were a random child predator ... why would you pick a small, out-of-the-way school like this?  On a day like this where children and in and out with their parents?  Where parents know one another and one another's children?  How do you lure them into a vehicle and know someone won't see you?  I can't make that make sense ...

If you were a parent/step parent ... how could you leave with a child and hold to your story that 'I dropped him off and never saw him again' when you can't possibly know if someone may have seen you out a window or something?  I can't make that make sense either ...

I'm sure they've checked every nook and cranny of that school ... (just thinking of a college student here who wandered into a boiler room and was electrocuted ... body found months later ... after extensive searching) ... I hope they checked really really well. 

All great questions, I can't make sense of them either. They must have a ground keeper somewhere one would think, but it doesn't appear that they do. They have searched all around the school and outside the school. That must have taken awhile I would imagine after viewing those pictures.
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1274 on: June 27, 2010, 12:31:56 PM »

Thanks Klassend, I agree with you on Blink, she is very informed and I am sure she has great sources. I guees the point I was trying to make was that the commentors were taking what she was saying and running in various directions with it. I hope I did not offend anyone. I too respect and appreciate others as well as their rights to comments and opinions, though I do not necessarily always agree with them. Yes the questionnaire almost appears to be suggestive.

Newfie - Blink is exceedingly credible and has inside sources and people within LE that respect her.  Blink is a sister blog to Scared Monkeys. 

As far as I'm concerned LE is fanning the rumor flame mostly by putting out that questionnaire.  KYRON is missing and everyone and everything needs to be looked at and researched until he is found. 

I agree with both of you.
One thing I found particularly interesting is that although LE has stated that the man who's face appears in the picture has been identified there is another person who is standing behind a little girl who appears to be leaning back, potentially to avoid having their face in the picture and I wonder if that person has laso been identified? As far as I know nothing has been mentioned about that person.

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1275 on: June 27, 2010, 12:33:06 PM »

also not "laso" lol!

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #1276 on: June 27, 2010, 12:35:18 PM »

I agree the school needs a grounds keeper! The little road off of the main road in front of the play area that leads to the soccer field still really bothers me.

It is also disturbing that the locals are not speaking out (at least not many). Where is the outrage from the locals? Has LE asked the locals not to speak to the media?

Another disturbing fact is there are several farming business' in the area. There would be lots of large trucks coming in and out transporting produce and whatnot. Are there a lot of undocumented illegals working as farm hands?

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1277 on: June 27, 2010, 01:10:40 PM »

great points Newfiemonkey ( love my fellow newfie's) as well as Cartfly. I wonder too about the rural farms and workers that come and go alot of them undocumented or illegal.  I also am concerned as to how extensive the school has been checked. It does appear that the grounds have not been maintained. I wonder if this is the norm throughout the school year?  The community does seem to be a sleepy one. I am wondering why no outrage. If I had a young child in that school district I would be very concerned for the safety of my child. Why would LE tell people not to worry. Either they know who did this or they have evidence leaning that way.
I am still on the fence re: Step-mom Terri.

The things that would clear her would be statements from people she saw after being at the school with Kyron.
1. Babysitter
2. Husband if he worked a half day from home.
3. Did she go the gym, stores, or other places of business? If so witness accounts.
4. Did she talk to anyone on the phone that a.m.?
I am sure LE has researched all of this, yet they still have not cleared her. The only thing we have are rumored pings on Sauvie Island, and a possible posting of the science fair pics around 1:00p.m. that day. So I and many others wonder why is this? Why would LE continue to let the public speculate about the step mom?
newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1278 on: June 27, 2010, 01:12:02 PM »

I agree why haven't we heard that this man and little girl have been identified.

I agree with both of you.
One thing I found particularly interesting is that although LE has stated that the man who's face appears in the picture has been identified there is another person who is standing behind a little girl who appears to be leaning back, potentially to avoid having their face in the picture and I wonder if that person has laso been identified? As far as I know nothing has been mentioned about that person.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1279 on: June 27, 2010, 01:55:16 PM »

great points Newfiemonkey ( love my fellow newfie's) as well as Cartfly. I wonder too about the rural farms and workers that come and go alot of them undocumented or illegal.  I also am concerned as to how extensive the school has been checked. It does appear that the grounds have not been maintained. I wonder if this is the norm throughout the school year?  The community does seem to be a sleepy one. I am wondering why no outrage. If I had a young child in that school district I would be very concerned for the safety of my child. Why would LE tell people not to worry. Either they know who did this or they have evidence leaning that way.
I am still on the fence re: Step-mom Terri.

The things that would clear her would be statements from people she saw after being at the school with Kyron.
1. Babysitter
2. Husband if he worked a half day from home.
3. Did she go the gym, stores, or other places of business? If so witness accounts.
4. Did she talk to anyone on the phone that a.m.?
I am sure LE has researched all of this, yet they still have not cleared her. The only thing we have are rumored pings on Sauvie Island, and a possible posting of the science fair pics around 1:00p.m. that day. So I and many others wonder why is this? Why would LE continue to let the public speculate about the step mom?

Did SM wash her Truck or Car?

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.