April 19, 2024, 08:37:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #1 6/5/10 - 6/30/10  (Read 566201 times)
newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1340 on: June 28, 2010, 09:42:02 AM »

I find the teachers lack of taking the responsibilty a problem as well. No one has come forward and substantiated the doctors form and date. The teacher quickly pointed the finger at Terri. If I were the teacher in that situation I would have expressed how horrible I felt that Kyron went missing under my watch. I would have apologized for an apparent misunderstanding, if that is what it was. I do not think the teacher is guilty of anything except negligence.
LE needs to put a few things to rest. They need to tell the public why this is an isolated incident. Until they do I would be fearful that there is a lunatic running around. They don't have to tell us the what, but they could state the why they feel that way, ie via evidence collected etc.

As far as Tanner saying substitute that could be verbiage. Any adult helper that morning could have been referred to as a substitute in his eyes. I am more apt to believe a child over an adult. Adults have alot more experience at lying and what would Tanner have to gain by lying? I think he wants his friend found and told his grandmother what he witnessed that morning and God Bless her, she said screw LE we need to put the truth out there.

Kaine may be a control freak but I have friends and family members that are and they are upstanding people, that work hard but just have a need to be in control. That does not make one a bad person. As far as anyone in the family taking care of themselves physically and superficially that is important for balance and well being. These mom's and dad's also have other children that need a healthy balanced parent to love and raise them. Yes Kyron is very important and they love him just as much, so should they let themselves go down the tubes, become disheveled, and get hooked on valium because that is what the public perception deems as normal. We do not know what goes on behind closed doors, it has been three weeks and they probably did walk around like zombies for days, but you have to pick yourself up and be strong. Because that is what Kyron would want. Sorry for my rant, I guess I am frustrated but the truth will surface, I hope sooner rather than later. calmly stepping off soapbox.

I find it very interesting not one person has commented on my posting about the teacher. She is my lead person right now. I think when you consider everything in this case, she fits better then anyone else, even the step mom. I suppose time will tell but I really think she is involved. 
NCSunny
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1341 on: June 28, 2010, 09:45:31 AM »

I find it very interesting not one person has commented on my posting about the teacher. She is my lead person right now. I think when you consider everything in this case, she fits better then anyone else, even the step mom. I suppose time will tell but I really think she is involved. 
No doubt the teacher was irresponsible at best, but why would she do something to Kyron? When would she have had the time to take him and do something to him? I'm still going with my original thoughts and that is the step mom. If not she hurting Kyron, she has some idea who may have. Thanks Wyks about the news on the man who is willing to search, he certainly had some very detailed ways to search, but if he needs something with Kyron's scent, the family has to be okay with that. I'm taking it that the family doesn't want to have him search, and if not why?

I too think SM is the main POI or key, but it isn't beyond the realm of possibilities to imagine a teacher taking an interest in a child, a talented and bright child who in the teacher's opinion wasn't being treated well/fairly. She may have wanted him to raise herself [how she would/could...I haven't figured that out yet.. Wink.]  She knew all the activities for the day, and could have made plans for that specific day. Had an accomplice ready near the side door that was unlocked to the parking lot. Would be quite easliy done seeing the whole school layout. I know it is a stretch, but it could have happened.

Isn't Harry Oakes the man who also tried to help with Lindsy Baum? If i recall correctly MB didn't want his help.

I agree HO would be an asset to them, should they choose to allow him.

NCSunny

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1342 on: June 28, 2010, 09:47:48 AM »

Newfie, I would never suggest that Tanner was lying, just that he may be confused about the day, and yes, no doubt, adults I believe make more mistakes on facts then kids. Tanner of course must be very upset, he was his friend and desk mate, and I'm sure the police have spoken to him and have clarified everything with this little boy. I just wish that when the police told his family not to speak they would have listened, I believe it was grandma that let him speak.
Tams
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1343 on: June 28, 2010, 09:49:45 AM »

Oops sorry the link I thought was the eye opener....http://kyronhorman.blogspot.com/2010/06/politics-and-egos-search-for-kyron.html
Wow!! Just wow, I choose this guy! Who has pull to get this guy in there searching?

I have been in contact with him, as have several others.  He just let me know (and posted on his blog above as well) that he is willing to help, and will do so FREE of charge.  He's now working out the details. 

The one thing that is HIGHLY important, is that he gets Kyron's scent from the family, which will help immensely.  Otherwise, he's going in with a 5% chance of rescue.  Because of the 1500+ searchers that have already traipsed thru the areas. 

He is willing to re-search the school.  The powers that be will need to be willing to allow him access. 

There is a member at the Psychic for Missing Persons forum who is contacting the media for a little 'nudge' to get help and cooperation where needed.

Normally, it's the family who needs to make the first move.  But this has basically been a combined effort of concerned citizens going TO Mr. Oakes, asking him for help.  We now need the family to come on board, which may be an obstacle. 

Sigh. 

Mr. Oakes is willing to do what he can, even without Kyron's scent.  Bless his heart. 

By the way, his dog is the world's leading SAR K9.  Very Happy 

'Morning, monkey friends -

Hey, isn't Harry Oakes the guy who brought his dog in to search for Lindsey Baum? IIRC, there was some sort of controversy re: who got him involved (not mom Melissa Baum - IIRC she was upset & would not speak/cooperate with him?) Perhaps another monkey is more versed on the details of that case; it is interesting, though, that I did not find any mention of his search for Lindsey on his blog page . . . And, IMHO, upon reading his blog, he surely seems to have an axe to grind with Oregon LE, no? I can understand his frustrations (if his allegations are correct) - but wow! Seems hell bent to prove them incompetent . . . his rants make me think of another rogue-ish loose canon, 'Cobra' . . . hearts in the right place, but . . . anyone else get that feeling reading his blog?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1344 on: June 28, 2010, 09:50:47 AM »

No doubt the teacher was irresponsible at best, but why would she do something to Kyron? When would she have had the time to take him and do something to him? I'm still going with my original thoughts and that is the step mom. If not she hurting Kyron, she has some idea who may have. Thanks Wyks about the news on the man who is willing to search, he certainly had some very detailed ways to search, but if he needs something with Kyron's scent, the family has to be okay with that. I'm taking it that the family doesn't want to have him search, and if not why?

I too think SM is the main POI or key, but it isn't beyond the realm of possibilities to imagine a teacher taking an interest in a child, a talented and bright child who in the teacher's opinion wasn't being treated well/fairly. She may have wanted him to raise herself [how she would/could...I haven't figured that out yet.. Wink.]  She knew all the activities for the day, and could have made plans for that specific day. Had an accomplice ready near the side door that was unlocked to the parking lot. Would be quite easliy done seeing the whole school layout. I know it is a stretch, but it could have happened.

Isn't Harry Oakes the man who also tried to help with Lindsy Baum? If i recall correctly MB didn't want his help.

I agree HO would be an asset to them, should they choose to allow him.
Yes, Harry Oakes was the man involved with Lindsey's case also, he did do some searching. Nothing is beyond the realm of possibilities, I personally don't think it was the teacher, but I guess that I wouldn't be surprised if there was some involvement.
newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1345 on: June 28, 2010, 10:09:25 AM »

hugs to you norose if I came across a bit strong... I know you would not imply that Tanner was lying, I just feel he told the truth and yes grandma told him to. I think this Oakes person would be great to utilize. I would welcome him if I were the parent. I wonder if he will contact the parents. They can certainly hire him. I believe that LE is doing all they can but sometimes an outside objective view helps in these situations. Thanks Wyks for contacting him.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1346 on: June 28, 2010, 10:13:48 AM »

hugs to you norose if I came across a bit strong... I know you would not imply that Tanner was lying, I just feel he told the truth and yes grandma told him to. I think this Oakes person would be great to utilize. I would welcome him if I were the parent. I wonder if he will contact the parents. They can certainly hire him. I believe that LE is doing all they can but sometimes an outside objective view helps in these situations. Thanks Wyks for contacting him.
HUGS  I was also thinking that sometimes kids at that age, will sometimes say things in order to please the adults around them, not suggesting he did this, just remembering that I had done that as a child. I agree Oakes would be a big contribution, but it doesn't appear they want to use him for whatever reason.
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1347 on: June 28, 2010, 10:57:16 AM »

Didn't Mr. Oakes actually pick up a scent or 'trail' of some sort and it was discounted and never checked?  I'd be pissed too. 

TG==my comments about the teacher being neglectful isn't to excuse her I'm just saying that this school did not have proper plans in place that day to ensure the safety of the children.  My son's school has ALL locked portals except the main office door.  Now thinking about it...with LE holding so much back could this teacher be the one saying that little Kyron left with SM?  Just a thought and opinion.  Heck, we don't know a darned thing except what we don't know!!!  That's just sad! 

Someone please give Mr. Oakes anything with Kyron's scent on it.  This gives me hope he won't be another lost one just waiting to be found and brought home.  I hope LE does not block him.
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1348 on: June 28, 2010, 11:01:52 AM »

Didn't Mr. Oakes actually pick up a scent or 'trail' of some sort and it was discounted and never checked?  I'd be pissed too. 

TG==my comments about the teacher being neglectful isn't to excuse her I'm just saying that this school did not have proper plans in place that day to ensure the safety of the children.  My son's school has ALL locked portals except the main office door.  Now thinking about it...with LE holding so much back could this teacher be the one saying that little Kyron left with SM?  Just a thought and opinion.  Heck, we don't know a darned thing except what we don't know!!!  That's just sad! 

Someone please give Mr. Oakes anything with Kyron's scent on it.  This gives me hope he won't be another lost one just waiting to be found and brought home.  I hope LE does not block him.

I'm sorry...I was referring to the LB case with Mr. Oakes above.
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #1349 on: June 28, 2010, 11:48:49 AM »

Oops sorry the link I thought was the eye opener....http://kyronhorman.blogspot.com/2010/06/politics-and-egos-search-for-kyron.html
Wow!! Just wow, I choose this guy! Who has pull to get this guy in there searching?

I have been in contact with him, as have several others.  He just let me know (and posted on his blog above as well) that he is willing to help, and will do so FREE of charge.  He's now working out the details. 

The one thing that is HIGHLY important, is that he gets Kyron's scent from the family, which will help immensely.  Otherwise, he's going in with a 5% chance of rescue.  Because of the 1500+ searchers that have already traipsed thru the areas. 

He is willing to re-search the school.  The powers that be will need to be willing to allow him access. 

There is a member at the Psychic for Missing Persons forum who is contacting the media for a little 'nudge' to get help and cooperation where needed.

Normally, it's the family who needs to make the first move.  But this has basically been a combined effort of concerned citizens going TO Mr. Oakes, asking him for help.  We now need the family to come on board, which may be an obstacle. 

Sigh. 

Mr. Oakes is willing to do what he can, even without Kyron's scent.  Bless his heart. 

By the way, his dog is the world's leading SAR K9.  Very Happy 

Wyks thank you so much for getting him involved. I am sending you some extra bananas! (don't tell the other monkeys, wink:)
I sure hope his skills are accepted. Can he just go out there alone if an owner allows him access to their property? This is ridiculous the family would deny him. What could it hurt if they truly want Kyron to come home?
Thanks again Wyks, you're an angel!

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #1350 on: June 28, 2010, 12:02:31 PM »

I am so confuzzled that I hadn't put much thought into the teacher. But looking at Sandra's case I never would have thought a Sunday school teacher would be the perp. So I guess this is indeed a possibility.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #1351 on: June 28, 2010, 12:59:17 PM »

Just a few comments...
Did they close the school after Kyron disappeared or resume the next day as normal?
SM being a former body builder and "look at me" person before seems awful, awful shy now.  Why not head up high and find my stepson?!!!
I believe Blink and always will but this time I have a weird feeling bout SM.  I'm sure it's just cause she was last to be seen w/him but now that I look at the school pics it's real easy to slip a little kid away from there.  What a creepy, unsecured place.  Wonder if they checked the janitor carts with the attached hanging bags.  All schools I have been in and sent my son to have the big industrial push carts with the hanging bags or trash barrel  in front.  Other scenario in my head besides SM is...can't remember his name the man stole him and kept him for years and his brother became the Yosimite killer?  I also am hanging with the detective's comments.  If planned out as skillfully as he suggest then the school opening at an earlier than normal time and classes starting later with folk milling around unchecked/tagged by office would be a SO's dream come true!  Just my rambling thoughts today.  Ya'll have a good one.  Keeping cool as it's sweltering here in FL.  OT question for any Pac. NW person--what is the humidity like in the summer and how hot does it get there.  Just wondering how a body would fare there if outside.  Sorry to be grim. 
hi MelissaB- this happened on a Friday and if I remember right school resumed on the following Monday. I thought that was odd.

I am on the fence too about SM. She "acts" like she knows something. She seems disconnected but I am not sure why.
Was that Steven Stayner's brother in the Yosemite murder? I remember how sad that whole thing was but don't remember all the names.

I read somewhere but don't know if we talked about it here. It was "said" that the janitor had only been on the job for 2 weeks prior to Kyron disappearing. Anyone know what his name is or if this a fact or not?

OT: MelissB- I am in the south too and OMG the humidity is awful. It doesn't make sense to be sweating at 8 AM. I desperately wanted to go to our favorite beach, Orange/Gulf shores, but as you know thats out.....so sad Sad
Hi there monkeys I have been watching and reading everything I can about this case since day one and this is my first time to post on this case. I live in Medford...same city as the bio-mom and step dad. I have seen quite a few posters of Kyron hanging up around town...and I think that is wonderful. I have lived in Oregon for 4 years and we really don't have humid summers...and they would be nothing like Floridas. The person that kidnapped Steven Staynor was Kenneth Parnell. Steven's brother was named Cary Staynor and he was found guilty of the Yosemite murders.
I am hoping and praying for Kyron's safe return!!!
Thanks for the info Nana. What kind of wildlife would be in that area? I don't mean to sound morbid but are there mountain lions, bears or something else that could attack someone if they were exploring?

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1352 on: June 28, 2010, 01:21:34 PM »

B. projects a break will come this week (message boards).

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1353 on: June 28, 2010, 01:24:05 PM »

Thanks I saw that also.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1354 on: June 28, 2010, 01:56:16 PM »

NoRose why does any kidnapper take a child? It never fits into a perfect mold. Why did MH take Sandra and kill her? Why did Tori's killers lure her? I don't think the teacher herself did this, but perhaps is involved in covering or I suppose she could have hid him somewhere. If you consider the teacher you don't need as many side explanations of events.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1355 on: June 28, 2010, 02:16:17 PM »

Bottom Line:

Terri Horman was not forthcoming about her activities on the day that Kyron went missing.  She was not forthcomng about her activities around the time she claim she dropped Kryon off at school.  Why?  For crying out loud her stepson was missing and whe was being deceitful.  Something is not right.  Lies are meant to cover the truth.  What truth was Terri covering.

Janet

Janet are we sure she wasn't truthful or was it fact? I don't recall LE specifically saying she wasn't truthful. I think that is assumed because she was given a 2nd poly. But what if someone was saying something about her and LE wanted to check if it was true or not. For instance, a "witness" saying she was somewhere and she was saying she wasn't so they gave a poly to see if she was lying or not. We just don't know. 

Kyron Horman's Stepmom Now "Main Focus" of Investigation
June 21, 2010

The search for Kyron has focused on Sauvie Island, a stretch of land five miles from the elementary school where Moulton Horman said she last saw him. Multiple sources tell the Weekly that Kyron's stepmother's story doesn't match her cell phone records, which indicate she was on Sauvie the day he disappeared.

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2010/06/kyron_hormans_stepmom_now_main.php

Tracygirl

My hinky meter is on red alert.

Why did you think a search was focused on Sauvie Island?  Why do you think authorities requested Terri Horman to take a second polygraph?  Where do you think the "rumor" that cell phone records revealed discrepanies in Terri story originated?

Thanks

Janet

+++++ 

Sources: Search for Kyron Horman Focuses on Step-Mom, Cell Records
4:52 PM June 17th, 2010

The island is more than five miles from rural Skyline Elementary School, where Horman was reported missing June 4. But rescuers on horseback, on foot and in dive teams have repeatedly scoured the island beginning around June 10 and continuing this week — even after Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton called off other major search operations last Sunday.

WW has learned that federal, county and city law-enforcement officials say the reason for the search of Sauvie Island is that cell-phone records reveal Kyron’s step-mother, Terri Moulton Horman, may have been on the island the day he disappeared.

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06/17/sources-search-for-kyron-horman-focuses-on-step-mom-cell-records/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1356 on: June 28, 2010, 02:27:13 PM »

I suppose the teacher could have done this, but I just don't think so. Now if I find out that the teacher has a connection to the family, either as a lover to either the step mom or dad, or is some kind of deranged individual out to get the family, than I might think there is a connection. Otherwise I just don't think so.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1357 on: June 28, 2010, 02:29:22 PM »

I find the teachers lack of taking the responsibilty a problem as well. No one has come forward and substantiated the doctors form and date. The teacher quickly pointed the finger at Terri. If I were the teacher in that situation I would have expressed how horrible I felt that Kyron went missing under my watch. I would have apologized for an apparent misunderstanding, if that is what it was. I do not think the teacher is guilty of anything except negligence.
LE needs to put a few things to rest. They need to tell the public why this is an isolated incident. Until they do I would be fearful that there is a lunatic running around. They don't have to tell us the what, but they could state the why they feel that way, ie via evidence collected etc.

As far as Tanner saying substitute that could be verbiage. Any adult helper that morning could have been referred to as a substitute in his eyes. I am more apt to believe a child over an adult. Adults have alot more experience at lying and what would Tanner have to gain by lying? I think he wants his friend found and told his grandmother what he witnessed that morning and God Bless her, she said screw LE we need to put the truth out there.

Kaine may be a control freak but I have friends and family members that are and they are upstanding people, that work hard but just have a need to be in control. That does not make one a bad person. As far as anyone in the family taking care of themselves physically and superficially that is important for balance and well being. These mom's and dad's also have other children that need a healthy balanced parent to love and raise them. Yes Kyron is very important and they love him just as much, so should they let themselves go down the tubes, become disheveled, and get hooked on valium because that is what the public perception deems as normal. We do not know what goes on behind closed doors, it has been three weeks and they probably did walk around like zombies for days, but you have to pick yourself up and be strong. Because that is what Kyron would want. Sorry for my rant, I guess I am frustrated but the truth will surface, I hope sooner rather than later. calmly stepping off soapbox.

Good post Newfie.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1358 on: June 28, 2010, 02:32:17 PM »

Bottom Line:

Terri Horman was not forthcoming about her activities on the day that Kyron went missing.  She was not forthcomng about her activities around the time she claim she dropped Kryon off at school.  Why?  For crying out loud her stepson was missing and whe was being deceitful.  Something is not right.  Lies are meant to cover the truth.  What truth was Terri covering.

Janet

Janet are we sure she wasn't truthful or was it fact? I don't recall LE specifically saying she wasn't truthful. I think that is assumed because she was given a 2nd poly. But what if someone was saying something about her and LE wanted to check if it was true or not. For instance, a "witness" saying she was somewhere and she was saying she wasn't so they gave a poly to see if she was lying or not. We just don't know. 

Kyron Horman's Stepmom Now "Main Focus" of Investigation
June 21, 2010

The search for Kyron has focused on Sauvie Island, a stretch of land five miles from the elementary school where Moulton Horman said she last saw him. Multiple sources tell the Weekly that Kyron's stepmother's story doesn't match her cell phone records, which indicate she was on Sauvie the day he disappeared.

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2010/06/kyron_hormans_stepmom_now_main.php

Tracygirl

My hinky meter is on red alert.

Why did you think a search was focused on Sauvie Island?  Why do you think authorities requested Terri Horman to take a second polygraph?  Where do you think the "rumor" that cell phone records revealed discrepanies in Terri story originated?

Thanks

Janet

+++++ 

Sources: Search for Kyron Horman Focuses on Step-Mom, Cell Records
4:52 PM June 17th, 2010

The island is more than five miles from rural Skyline Elementary School, where Horman was reported missing June 4. But rescuers on horseback, on foot and in dive teams have repeatedly scoured the island beginning around June 10 and continuing this week — even after Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton called off other major search operations last Sunday.

WW has learned that federal, county and city law-enforcement officials say the reason for the search of Sauvie Island is that cell-phone records reveal Kyron’s step-mother, Terri Moulton Horman, may have been on the island the day he disappeared.

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06/17/sources-search-for-kyron-horman-focuses-on-step-mom-cell-records/

Janet there are a lot of people that live, work or travel through Sauvie Island. Also cell towers hit at different times from different locations. If the rumor is true about the cell phone then it doesn't mean she was on the island, just her cell phone hit there. The 2nd poly could have been to cover a different set of questions. We really don't know enough details.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1359 on: June 28, 2010, 02:32:17 PM »

Thanks I saw that also.

Thanks for confirming my eyes weren't playing tricks on me:)

It takes two-three weeks for DNA to be processed.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.