March 29, 2024, 03:21:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #1 6/5/10 - 6/30/10  (Read 561708 times)
Starlit
Scared Monkey

« Reply #160 on: June 10, 2010, 10:59:08 PM »

theres something I would like to add into the timeline.  The Step mom called the school then the police.

I thought it was important to clear that up because to call 911 right away before calling the school sounded suspicious.

Copied and pasted from the article dated Sunday, June 06, 2010, 7:54 AM
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

REGARDING WHEN KYRON'S STEP MOM DISCOVERED HE WAS NOT ON THE BUS

But the bus driver told her he wasn't there.

Panicked, she ran home and called the school to discover that he had been marked absent for the day.
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #161 on: June 10, 2010, 11:07:57 PM »

snipped by me>

Though officials declined to comment on specific locations the teams would search, crews from Jackson, Tillamook, Klamath, Clackamas and Washington counties and Pacific Northwest Search and Rescue could be seen setting up a base camp at about 7:30 a.m. today on NNorthwest Quarry Road, less than one mile southeast of the school.
[/i]

Kyron Horman search re-energized by new army of rescuers

Published: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 2:26 PM     Updated: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 6:06 PM

The Oregonian

The hunt for Kyron Horman received new energy on this gloomy morning as search and rescue teams from across Oregon descended upon the northwest corner of  Multnomah County to help find the missing 7-year-old boy.

Teams were out early this morning, after spending the night in the mothballed Wapato Jail, to begin scouring the area surrounding Skyline School, where Kyron was last seen Friday about 9 a.m.

Though officials declined to comment Wednesday on specific locations the teams would search, crews from Jackson, Tillamook, Klamath, Clackamas and Washington counties and Pacific Northwest Search and Rescue could be seen setting up a base camp at about 7:30 a.m. today on Northwest Quarry Road, less than one mile southeast of the school.

By midmorning, more than a dozen searchers clad in bright orange and yellow hats had descended upon the area surrounding the Horman home a few miles from the school. They searched the thick brush and trees along the main road leading to the house as well as the family's property.struggle.
Searchers in a steep ravine near Kyron Horman's home off Cornelius Pass Road help a fellow searcher who had trouble climbing back up today.

The group sent out a notice, asking people to bring food for the kitchen.

Several canine unit vehicles were also seen heading to the area. Wednesday, Multnomah County officials said horseback units, as well as aircraft, would also be used in today's search.

The amplified search efforts come as a result of Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton's request for help from the 35 other sheriffs in Oregon, activating a state-wide search and rescue plan. An Oregon law that took effect in 2008 outlined a set of procedures to better coordinate such large scale efforts from multiple agencies.

"We've reached that phase where we need to expand the search farther out," Staton said at a press conference Wednesday.

Meanwhile, residents of this tightly knit neighborhood were making plans to set up a kitchen to feed searchers starting tonight at the Skyline Grange, 11275 N.W. Skyline Blvd. Portland, OR 97231.

"You can start bringing this food right away to Brooks Hill Historic Church residence entrance on Brooks Road (11539 N.W. Skyline Blvd.) If no one comes to the door, it's ok to leave it outside the door."

Additionally, the Oregon Trail Chapter of the American Red Cross is providing support, starting this afternoon.

The chapter will send a mobile kitchen and and emergency respose vehicle along with volunteers to serve hot drinks and soup to an estimated 350 workers. The chapter expects to support the operation with beverages through the weekend.

Sgt. Diana Olsen, the Multnomah County Sheriff's search & rescue coordinator, called today's renewed effort "a surge," which fit with the image of the caravans of searchers arriving at the quarry in a steady stream.

Deputies in fatigues directed traffic in the quarry's wide parking lot as the rescuers prepared to search new areas and go back over areas already searched in an ever-widening arc around the school.

The sheriff's office said searchers have covered "every piece of ground" within a 2  1/2-mile radius around Skyline School but the plan is to go back over the area with even more care.

While the school is near Portland, it's is surrounded by hilly terrain, much of it covered by tall grass alternating with pockets of forests.

The search has steadily been gaining the attention of the national media.

On the "Today" show this morning, Sheriff Staton told Matt Lauer that today's effort is intended to build on the initial search and cover areas already looked at by trained searchers. He said authorities have made "door-to-door checks with every residence in this area.

"We have been following up on every lead that comes in.

Lauer noted that "more and more people are starting to talk about the fact that this family has decided not to step into the spotlight" -- a contrast with other parents of missing children who have spoken publicly.

On Wednesday, a sheriff's official read a statement written by the family, asking the public to continue looking for the boy. Lauer asked if Kyron's parents are "fully cooperating."

Staton said the family has cooperated "in every effort."

"They have been consoling each other. We are respecting that."

-- Noelle Crombie, Kate Mather and Stuart Tomlinson

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_search_re-energiz.html

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Starlit
Scared Monkey

« Reply #162 on: June 10, 2010, 11:26:16 PM »

Former detective: Parents’ silence not unheard of but not the norm

PORTLAND, Ore. - A retired Portland police detective said Wednesday the silence the parents of 7-year-old Kyron Horman have maintained after his disappearance isn’t unheard of but it’s not the norm either.

Several KATU viewers have asked the station why Horman’s parents have been so silent. Nikki wrote on the station’s Facebook page: “I find it odd that the family has kept so quiet. If I had one of my children missing, I would be out there looking for him and asking for him and asking for his return.”

CW Jensen was with the Portland Police Bureau for 20 years and said statements from families don’t really help investigators, but they help the community that’s emotionally invested in a child’s disappearance.

“They want to somehow understand them and feel closer to them,” Jensen said.

Jensen has dealt with a lot of parents on cases just like the disappearance of Horman.

“Generally, parents in cases like this are incredibly distraught,” he said. “They’re almost just dysfunctional.”

He said it was that way in 1989 before Jensen and his team arrested Westley Allan Dodd after Dodd kidnapped and murdered three preteen boys.

“When you are in a case like this it’s personal because most of the cops have kids,” Jensen said.

He said normally families are more local. Take, for example, the disappearance of college student Brooke Wilberger. Wilberger’s mother, Cammy, was very public even after Wilberger’s killer was caught.

“We just really feel gratitude even to Mr. (Joel) Courtney that he could see fit to tell us where he left Brooke,” she said in September 2009.

KATU News extended an invitation to Horman’s parents to speak to the media after a reporter found them at a local gym Wednesday after their workout.

But the Horman’s drove off without responding to a question how the media could help.

Terri Horman, Kyron’s stepmother, hasn’t been completely silent. She has spent some time on Facebook since Friday responding to posts from friends and talking about her workouts, which is more that Jensen said he finds unusual.

“What I know from being an investigator and dealing with parents in tragic situations like this - homicides, kidnappings, stuff like that - they just really couldn’t much function other than to sit and wait for us to call,” he said.

Jensen said investigators could be asking the Horman’s to be silent and to carry on with their lives as normal, but he said in his experience it is extremely difficult for families to be quiet and stay away from a search scene when a loved one, especially a child, is missing.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/96033344.html#idc-cover

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #163 on: June 10, 2010, 11:39:53 PM »

I'm not speculating the step-mom but one would think if there is a talent show she would want to be there to watch and not go home to play on facebook IMO

agreed..I have no feelings one way or the other of what happened to this little boy..but I would be at the talent show too...not on fb if my kid was in a talent show...
this case is really odd...something is just not adding up, but I find that in a lot of these cases of missing children..sigh...

Just some what ifs. What if the talent show was just for the school that afternoon and one for the parents, grandparents, etc that night or a later night. I know they do that a lot here.

I can't remember the step-mothers exact words about going to the gym the next day. I thought she said she was going to the gym not hitting the gym. What if she meant the school gym? What better place to stage for the search and rescue.

Just like someone here found out that facebook listed times is your time, not necessarly in the poster times. So she wasn't playing games after Kyron went missing.

Again I would really like to know how well they have searched the school and I mean every nook and cranny? It seemed like the school went on as usual, so how could they search that well?

SuzieQ, thank you so much for posting about the time differences when viewing facebook.  It has been proven she was not on facebook playing games or whatever after she knew her son was missing -- as well as her calling the school and then 911.
Also, there are cases when the parents are asked not to make a public statement.  What kind of cases, kidnapping with ransom comes to mind, among others.  If LE asked me not to make a statement, I would keep my mouth shut so not to jeoparidize the case.  Which is more important, the "public's right to know" or getting a child home safely?
"Normal behavior when son is missing" -- what does that mean.  Has LE indicated they are not cooperating -- no!
There is definitely something different about this precious missing boy -- I don't know what it is but with all the reports of when Kyron was last seen in the school . . . lots of prayers need to be said as versus the factless and pointless statements about this family who are going through an unimaginable crisis. JMO

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #164 on: June 11, 2010, 12:10:21 AM »

Just some info I came across. Not even sure if it is relevant or not....

I came across the home address for the Horman family. I won't post it here because I don't want to endanger anyone. It can however be located by doing a yahoo search.

Anyway, I used the address to see how far the school was from the Horman home and how long it takes. The media has been vague about it but it is 2.9 miles from the school and would take about 6 minutes travel time. Also I should note the residence is extremely rural and is deep in the woods.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #165 on: June 11, 2010, 06:46:26 AM »

Has anyone seen any updates on the 16 year old stepson James?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #166 on: June 11, 2010, 08:41:41 AM »

NEW BLINK POST:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/06/07/kyron-horman-missing-and-endangered-search-intensifies-for-missing-7-yeard-old-portland-boy/

KYRON HORMAN MISSING AND ENDANGERED: SEARCH INTENSIFIES FOR MISSING 7 YEAR OLD PORTLAND BOY
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #167 on: June 11, 2010, 08:56:22 AM »

thinking of you Kyron ...People are searching for you!! God bless this little boy...

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #168 on: June 11, 2010, 10:17:59 AM »

Has anyone seen any updates on the 16 year old stepson James?

I haven't seen much about him in any articles. You may know this already from your research but I did find that his bio father has the last name of Tarver. I think his first name is Ron but I am not positive, I would need to go back and look it up. I do recall his bio father is remarried and lives in Rosenburg (?) Oregon where Terri is from and her mother lives. I don't think they were ever married since the 16 year old has her maiden name. From photos I have seen, he "looks" like a good kid.
Do you have any new info on him?

Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #169 on: June 11, 2010, 11:30:05 AM »

She goes by the name Terri Moulton Horman.

Her mother and father are Larry and Carol Moulton and they live in Roseburg, both are ex-teachers from Douglas County.

Some search engines include her as Terri and Terri Lynn Ecker and residing with Kaine Horman. There is a Terri Lynn Ecker adoption record online. Birthdate in March 1970, adoption in November 1970, Birthplace Grassvalley, Ca.

"Kyron's father, Kaine Horman, works at Intel's main administrative facility in Oregon, the Jones Farm campus in Hillsboro, the company said.

Kyron's biological mother, Desiree Horman, and his father were officially divorced in February 2003, according to Washington County Circuit Court records.

Carol Moulton said that Kaine, 36, and Terri, 40, have been together for seven or eight years and that they have been married for four or five years. The couple have an 18-month-old girl.

"Terri has raised Kyron," her mother said. "She's been with him since he was an infant. She's as much of a mom as the mom is because the parents had separated about the time that Kyron was born.""

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #170 on: June 11, 2010, 11:38:25 AM »

Skyline school staff list:

http://www.pps.k12.or.us/schools/skyline/179.htm

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #171 on: June 11, 2010, 11:46:02 AM »

More info about the school:

http://www.pps.k12.or.us/schools-c/profiles/?id=186

New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #172 on: June 11, 2010, 01:54:57 PM »

If I am correct, there is only one teacher on that list who has anything posted on his link, which I found somewhat odd?  Maybe not?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #173 on: June 11, 2010, 02:16:18 PM »

Does anyone know if the science fair was announced in the local newspaper or perhaps on an outside banner or sign? I just keep thinking, what a perfect time for a planned kidnapping. So many people wandering around, but if it was just a visitor I would assume that person would have to have a kid with them or he/she would stand out, but would they? So doesn't it make sense if he was taken from the school it would have to be either a person that worked at the school or a parent or someone that at least looked like they could be a parent. We are told another student saw his mom leave with out him, so the step mom doesn't seem likely and what on earth would be her motive? There is no history of CPS, is there? I don't think so. From all accounts she has helped raise this boy since he was a baby and he called her mom.
So in thinking about this and playing the "what if" game, Doesn't usually a pedo lure a child by asking for help? I wonder if an adult asked him for help carrying something to or out of the car? He followed this person, and was put in the trunk. If most people were still inside the school it seems like this could have happened. OR he could have gone to the bathroom before school started as well. Was there someone in there waiting for a child to come in?  What an easy way and the perfect day to gain entry into the school without raising any eyebrows.
So I suppose what I am getting at is a person could have constructed a plan very easily to kidnap a child that day.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #174 on: June 11, 2010, 02:18:50 PM »

I'm not speculating the step-mom but one would think if there is a talent show she would want to be there to watch and not go home to play on facebook IMO

The dad and the bio mom were not at the school to watch as him in the show either. 
canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #175 on: June 11, 2010, 02:24:13 PM »

Does anyone know if the science fair was announced in the local newspaper or perhaps on an outside banner or sign? I just keep thinking, what a perfect time for a planned kidnapping. So many people wandering around, but if it was just a visitor I would assume that person would have to have a kid with them or he/she would stand out, but would they? So doesn't it make sense if he was taken from the school it would have to be either a person that worked at the school or a parent or someone that at least looked like they could be a parent. We are told another student saw his mom leave with out him, so the step mom doesn't seem likely and what on earth would be her motive? There is no history of CPS, is there? I don't think so. From all accounts she has helped raise this boy since he was a baby and he called her mom.
So in thinking about this and playing the "what if" game, Doesn't usually a pedo lure a child by asking for help? I wonder if an adult asked him for help carrying something to or out of the car? He followed this person, and was put in the trunk. If most people were still inside the school it seems like this could have happened. OR he could have gone to the bathroom before school started as well. Was there someone in there waiting for a child to come in?  What an easy way and the perfect day to gain entry into the school without raising any eyebrows.
So I suppose what I am getting at is a person could have constructed a plan very easily to kidnap a child that day.

It wasn't listed on the school's agenda.  In my opinion it would have to be a students parent or someone connected to the school that would know what activities were happening. 

Tracygirl...have you read Blink's article.  It has some very interesting things in it.  Like Kyron's parents are being escorted by police 24/7.
canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #176 on: June 11, 2010, 02:24:57 PM »

The dad and the bio mom were not at the school to watch as him in the show either. 

Parents weren't invited.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #177 on: June 11, 2010, 02:27:51 PM »

Parents weren't invited.

how do you know this? thanks

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #178 on: June 11, 2010, 02:28:36 PM »

agreed..I have no feelings one way or the other of what happened to this little boy..but I would be at the talent show too...not on fb if my kid was in a talent show...
this case is really odd...something is just not adding up, but I find that in a lot of these cases of missing children..sigh...

Cookie, I don't think we will ever hear of a case that makes sense. Nothing about a child going poof adds up in my opinion.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #179 on: June 11, 2010, 02:31:32 PM »

Cookie, I don't think we will ever hear of a case that makes sense. Nothing about a child going poof adds up in my opinion.

Hi Trace....exactly my point...it never makes sense to any of us...Smile

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.