April 18, 2024, 03:07:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #1 6/5/10 - 6/30/10  (Read 565995 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1660 on: June 29, 2010, 05:09:36 PM »

Somehow I suspect that the truth has been revealed ... an arrest is anticipated. and ... all the i's are being dotted and all the ti's are being crossed.  This may be the reason that Kyron's father has custody of his little daughter.  IMO

Janet

______

Examiner Bio Kyron Horman's family prepares in case an arrest is made of the missing boy's step-mother
June 29, 12:33 PM

Portland, Ore. - according to Willamette Weekly (WW), Kyron Horman's family prepares for the worst in case an arrest is made of the missing boy's step-mother.  The second-grader who disappeared June 4th after his school science fair, has been the subject of an intense investigation.  His step-mother, Terri Moulton Horman, was the last to see the 7-year-old boy as he walked down the school hallway to his classroom.

At 6 p.m. Monday, Terri Horman was served with divorce papers and a restraining order from Kyron's father, Kaine Horman.  Although Kyron's step-mom hasn't been arrested in the missing boy's case, nor is an official suspect, it appears the rest of his family is preparing in the event that happens.

Kyron's step-mom at the center of plan by corrections staff

A source at the Multnomah County Corrections Division indicated that a plan had been in the process for about two weeks regarding Kyron's step-mom if she's arrested. WW learned from the source that corrections staff have been planning to immediately notify Corrections Health Director Gayle Burrow along with a mental health staff if an arrest is made on Terri.

The source confirms to WW the reason behind getting the mental health staff involved is so an evaluation can be performed on Kyron's step-mother and put her on suicide watch when if need be if she's in custody.

Terri Moulton Horman is not a suspect, this is just preparation

It's important to reiterate Kyron Horman's step-mother is not an official suspect and has not been arrested.  However, Terri has been under intense scrutiny by authorities since the disappearance of her stepson.   She has completed two polygraphs and has been questioned for many hours in the investigation.

Kyron Horman's family prepares for the worst with Terri Moulton Horman

It's not known what caused Kaine Horman to file divorce papers accompanied with a restraining order against his wife.  It's unsettling to see a family, which has been portrayed in the media as close-knit, fall victim to a fractured state throughout the investigation.

Kyron's father and step-mom share an 18-month-old daughter, Kiara, and as of Monday, she and Kaine moved out, leaving Terri alone.

This case has a mystery that deepens with each day.  Will Kyron's step-mother be arrested or is the Horman family so distraught, their bond is being challenged?

http://www.examiner.com/x-52289-Portland-Pop-Culture-Examiner~y2010m6d29-Kyron-Hormans-family-prepares-in-case-an-arrest-is-made-of-the-missing-boys-stepmother

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1661 on: June 29, 2010, 05:18:07 PM »

Well.. here's a fact we can run to the bank with!!!! 

"The divorce petition states that the petitioner (Kaine) is not currently pregnant."

This was read over in the comments section at Blink's. 

June 29, 2010 at 2:43 pm
http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/06/29/kyron-horman-missing-and-endangered-kaine-horman-files-for-restraining-order-and-divorce-from-terri-horman/#comments

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1662 on: June 29, 2010, 05:24:36 PM »

Seahorse, I don't know of that car seat photo, but I'll search for it for you.

This one, Seahorse?

Brandi!

Yes, THANK-YOU! Glorious.

Cyber Hugs!

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1663 on: June 29, 2010, 05:29:32 PM »

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/news/topstories/story/Kaine-Hormans-restraining-order-could-be-unsealed/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx

Quoted from that story:

The restraining order was sealed Monday by Judge Keith Meisenheimer.

KOIN Local 6 is joining with other media asking the judge to unseal the restraining order that has apparently been issued against Terri Moulton Horman.

KOIN Local 6 feels this is of high public interest and the more information revealed in this case means a greater likelihood there will be answers about what happened to Kyron Horman.

As much as I'd like to know what LE knows ... I'd also like them to have a case that hasn't been leaked all over hecks half acre when it goes to trial.

I hope the courts refuse to unseal it.

... trying to chase down all the Anthony's lies ... this may take a while ...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1664 on: June 29, 2010, 05:31:25 PM »

http://www.kgw.com/news/Second-grade-student-missing-from-Skyline-Elementary-95670454.html

Terri Horman restricted from guns and parenting

by KGW.com Staff

Posted on June 26, 2010 at 5:15 PM
Updated today at 2:17 PM

PORTLAND -- The father of missing Portland boy Kyron Horman has filed for divorce, obtained a restraining order against his wife and moved out with their young daughter.

The restraining order was sealed by Multnomah County Circuit Judge Keith Meisenheimer, who handles family law. However, the abuse prevent petition showed that Terri Moulton-Horman was granted no parenting time and restricted from accessing firearms. Kaine Horman was granted sole child custody, although no children were specifically named in the documents

(snipped)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1665 on: June 29, 2010, 05:31:49 PM »

I totally agree, NewfieMonkey!! 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1666 on: June 29, 2010, 05:33:47 PM »

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/news/topstories/story/Kaine-Hormans-restraining-order-could-be-unsealed/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx

Kaine Horman's restraining order could be unsealed

Last Update: 1:57 pm

PORTLAND, Ore. - Court documents show the father of a missing 7-year-old Oregon boy has filed for divorce from the boy's stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman.

A dissolution petition listing Kaine Horman as the petitioner and Terri Moulton Horman as the respondent was filed Monday in Multnomah County Circuit Court. Divorce documents state that Kaine moved out of their rural Northwest Portland home on June 26. It does not list his current residence. 

The petition does mention the following: "The petitioner (Kaine Horman) is submitting a petition for a family abuse prevention act restraining order contemporaneously with the filing of this petition."

The restraining order was sealed Monday by Judge Keith Meisenheimer.

KOIN Local 6 is joining with other media asking the judge to unseal the restraining order that has apparently been issued against Terri Moulton Horman.

KOIN Local 6 feels this is of high public interest and the more information revealed in this case means a greater likelihood there will be answers about what happened to Kyron Horman.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1667 on: June 29, 2010, 05:37:48 PM »

I'll be the first to admit I don't know what happened to Kyron. I haven't read everything in this case and do not know as much as other posters.

All that said - it doesn't seem that the police are convinced what happened either. And that's just my opinion. I guess that Terri failed the second polygraph or it came back inconclusive. But I really don't know.

I do know - I wouldn't know what to do if my child was missing. I think we could all say - we would do this, we would do that, but the reality is - we don't know what we would do and time probably stops moving.

I don't know for sure if Terri did anything, I really don't. Based on what has been put out in the public domain I can draw some conclusions as to what the police think. But what do they really have? They need more than failed polygraphs, and more than contradicting statements - and more than cell phone triangulation. Sure that paints a picture, but absent any physical forensic bodily type evidence - I'm not sure they could arrest her for anything other than obstruction and / or lying to the police about her whereabouts. She could have a reason for making misleading statements.

And no, I'm not defending anyone here, I only care that Kyron is found, but so far I see alot of finger pointing and nothing to back it up - to me that's cruel.

I don't think any law enforcement bureau should be able to make undue accusations without some foundation based on material evidence and fact.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1668 on: June 29, 2010, 05:46:01 PM »

Mr Oakes will not be giving daily updates or announcements of any kind to the public.  He is putting all of his efforts and energy into finding Kyron, that we can know for a certainty.  Any findings will be given to LE, so they can decide what can or cannot be released to the public, in order to keep from jeopardizing the case.  All we as the public can do, is to continue to wait and pray for Kyron's return.  We can send power thoughts to the universe that will give those searchers much renewed strength and determination. 

And know too, that Mr Oakes makes sure that as each day passes, the dogs searching are well cared for, even emotionally.  Search dogs can become frustrated and depressed, if not taken care of properly, and Mr Oakes understands this and works with them to avoid that.     

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1669 on: June 29, 2010, 05:53:19 PM »

So are the police alleging that Terri owns a gun? or has a history of using a gun in the commission of a crime?

It's getting deep 

I hope these cops are not singularly focused and in the end wrong.

I know that many believe that the school was too "occupied" with people and parents in for the science fair, but you know children have been abducted from a house when the parents were in another room.

I think I'll wait to see if there are charges before hoping on the bandwagon. I'm a fence sitter. 

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1670 on: June 29, 2010, 05:57:46 PM »

**respectful snippy snip **

And know too, that Mr Oakes makes sure that as each day passes, the dogs searching are well cared for, even emotionally.  Search dogs can become frustrated and depressed, if not taken care of properly, and Mr Oakes understands this and works with them to avoid that.     

That brought two things to my mind ..

1.  That many of us take better care of our pets than some people do of their children
2.  I bet Kyron's cat is really missing him ... I hope he/she got to move with Kaine

Positive thoughts and karma to Mr. Oates.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1671 on: June 29, 2010, 06:00:24 PM »

So are the police alleging that Terri owns a gun? or has a history of using a gun in the commission of a crime?

It's getting deep 

I know that many believe that the school was too "occupied" with people and parents in for the science fair, but you know children have been abducted from a house when the parents were in another room.

I think I'll wait to see if there are charges before hoping on the bandwagon. I'm a fence sitter. 

Rob, am thinking that fence is getting mighty full.  lol  There seems to be no helping for that tho, with so many different possibilities in this case.  It's mind-boggling at best.  IMO.  Soooo skoooch on over, plz. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1672 on: June 29, 2010, 06:00:32 PM »

It's getting deep 

I don't think the police are alleging anything but it's said that is part of the restraining order.  So I'm guessing that Kaine is saying that either she has threatened with a gun or has access to a gun and he fears it. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1673 on: June 29, 2010, 06:03:49 PM »

I am not a fellow fence sitter but for those that are, you may like this:

NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1674 on: June 29, 2010, 06:05:12 PM »

Have to go OT for just a second ...

klaas - have you always had the "tyranical ruler" under your pic?!  I JUST noticed it ... and now have diet coke coming out my nose!      I hate that!

Okay ... back on topic

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1675 on: June 29, 2010, 06:14:32 PM »

It's getting deep 

I am thinking that the gun stuff is just normal restrictions for someone under a restraining order there.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1676 on: June 29, 2010, 06:16:24 PM »

Have to go OT for just a second ...

klaas - have you always had the "tyranical ruler" under your pic?!  I JUST noticed it ... and now have diet coke coming out my nose!      I hate that!

Okay ... back on topic

For a long time, ever since someone who has been banned here accused me of being one, LOL 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1677 on: June 29, 2010, 06:20:13 PM »

http://www.osbar.org/public/diy/RestrainingOrderHearings.html

Restraining Order Hearings

If a family or household member has threatened you with violence or abused you, the Oregon Family Abuse Prevention Act (FAPA) can help protect you. Under FAPA, you can get an order stating that the abuser cannot contact you or come to your home, school, or workplace. In some cases the court can order the abuser to leave the family home of the victim.

To qualify for a FAPA restraining order, you must be able to show that:

1. The violence or threats occurred within 180 days of your petition;

2. The abuser intentionally or recklessly caused or tried to cause bodily harm or placed you in fear of serious harm; and

3. The abuser is a spouse, former spouse, adult relative (related by blood, adoption or marriage), person living in the same house as you, person who has lived in the same house with you within the last two years, or the other parent of your child.

You can get the necessary forms and instructions for a FAPA restraining order from the circuit court clerk at your county courthouse. The forms are free, and there is no filing fee for this type of order. The Victims Assistance Program of your local District Attorney’s office can help you prepare the forms.

FAPA orders are valid for one year, and may be renewed for a good reason. If you have a FAPA order and the abuser violates it you can get immediate help from the police.
NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1678 on: June 29, 2010, 06:21:09 PM »

Crap .. won't do that again.  Got kicked from the cage.  Sorry "TR" 

I was a fence sitter until I saw he'd moved out and filed a restraining order.  I don't think he'd take those steps (right at this moment - in the middle of trying to find his missing son) if he only found out she'd been having an affair or she lied to police about where she'd been that morning - and had some lame reason for it.  For either of those things I'd have stayed and screamed and yelled and made her life miserable.  (Huh, may be why I'm single  )

I'm giving my seat up because I think he must have been given some pretty damning evidence. 

Of course ... I've been wrong before ... and I will be again ... so save my seat!

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1679 on: June 29, 2010, 06:26:38 PM »

http://www.osbar.org/public/diy/RestrainingOrderHearings.html

Restraining Order Hearings

If a family or household member has threatened you with violence or abused you, the Oregon Family Abuse Prevention Act (FAPA) can help protect you. Under FAPA, you can get an order stating that the abuser cannot contact you or come to your home, school, or workplace. In some cases the court can order the abuser to leave the family home of the victim.

To qualify for a FAPA restraining order, you must be able to show that:

1. The violence or threats occurred within 180 days of your petition;

2. The abuser intentionally or recklessly caused or tried to cause bodily harm or placed you in fear of serious harm; and

3. The abuser is a spouse, former spouse, adult relative (related by blood, adoption or marriage), person living in the same house as you, person who has lived in the same house with you within the last two years, or the other parent of your child.

You can get the necessary forms and instructions for a FAPA restraining order from the circuit court clerk at your county courthouse. The forms are free, and there is no filing fee for this type of order. The Victims Assistance Program of your local District Attorney’s office can help you prepare the forms.

FAPA orders are valid for one year, and may be renewed for a good reason. If you have a FAPA order and the abuser violates it you can get immediate help from the police.

I also get this from Oregon sources:

A restraining order can order the abuser to:

* Stop abusing, threatening, or interfering with you and any children in your custody;
    * Stay away from your home, school, place of business, or other specified place;
    * Leave your home (if you live together);
    * Remove personal belongings from the home while police stand guard;
    * Have no contact with you in person, by mail, or by phone;
    * Pay you emergency financial assistance.*

A restraining order can also:

* Give you temporary legal custody of your children;
    * Give the abuser temporary custody (if you request this) dependent upon certain conditions to protect the children;
    * Allow you visitation rights to your children if the abuser has custody;
    * Give you any other relief that the judge considers necessary to make sure that you and your children are safe.*

Whether a judge orders any or all of the above depends on the facts of your case.

* O.R.S. § 107.718(1)

Nothing about firearms yet. Hmmm.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.