April 19, 2024, 06:40:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #1 6/5/10 - 6/30/10  (Read 566107 times)
NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1780 on: June 29, 2010, 10:46:34 PM »

I find it ODD that Terri left Kyron at the school when class didn't begin until 10am.  So he had over an hour to wait for class to begin?  Something wrong about that. 
I thought that too but then read that they were taking 'tours in small groups' - I just assumed that's what was happening until school started.  As with everything else ... just not enough confirmed info.

Time for the bunky.  Night Monkeys! 

OK, but do you tell your 7yr old at 8:45 in the morning, go now and find your group, I'll see you later?  OR, do you make sure he is WITH his group then leave?
True.

And that whole PTA lady stressing how much he loves his step-mother is just plain weird!  Who talks like that?!

... trying to chase down all the Anthony's lies ... this may take a while ...
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1781 on: June 29, 2010, 10:46:46 PM »

Welcome ShyMonkey and excellent points.  I don't know the deal with his work hours and Intel.

Thanks Klaas;0)
I don't know a lot of details on it either. I was reading around today and it had been asked if it was normal for Kaine to be at the bus stop and the answer was no. But then it was explained away in the same sentence that he got off early.

Just now on Nancy Grace it was said on this day he worked from home?  which now that's said to not be normal for him to do? So he was home all day?

I guess that's the hardest part for me to believe.  That Kaine said this and that, and we are to take that as the gospel truth.  I don't think we can just take his word for it.  Else why aren't we just taking say... Terri's word for it when she says she last saw Kyron in the hallway walking toward his class. 

Odd to me is that while Kaine says *we* so much in everything about the busstop, calling 911, etc.  And that he was there.....  When Terri explained all this she didn't mention AT ALL that Kaine was there, nothing about going for ice cream afterward, nada.  Had he really been there, why didn't she say something like, 'and omg I was soooo glad Kaine was right there with me!'  I mean... wouldn't that have been a reaction any of us might have had? 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1782 on: June 29, 2010, 10:47:39 PM »

opportunity or planned
unknown/or known offender...maybe, has happened b4..opportunity/and planned
family member...premeditated, it just didnt occur to them 1hr and 10min b4 class starts

cartfly a few pgs back is a link to TH facebook that a blog copied

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
shy-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1783 on: June 29, 2010, 10:56:17 PM »

Welcome! 

Good questions.  Yes, I think (if she did it - get my fence seat ready) that there were some issues going on.  I'm not on the 'she had it planned' wagon ... I think it was probably an emotional reaction to something else either going on in the marriage or with her personally.

As to why he was home that day ... I think some Intel employees work at home a lot ... and if he didn't usually go meet the bus ... I'm guessing maybe Terri asked him to go with her ???

Sheesh ... Now I'm all confused again ... did she do it ... did she not ... did she do it ... did she not.

Anyway ~ once again ~ Welcome 

Thanks Newfie:0)

I'm on the fence too, I need more facts. At this point I'm still not 100% sure it wasn't a random kidnapping or one of opportunaty.....probably not....
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1784 on: June 29, 2010, 10:58:39 PM »

Something very wrong about that, if class didn't start until 10 why would she just leave him there at 8:45?  It was on NG, that Kaine wanted Terri's son out of the house and so he went to live with his grandparents. Maybe that was part of the decline of Terri, if that is true.

right how big was this fair, she shows up at.....
8:15 a.m. Gina Zimmerman, president of the school PTA, arrives and sees Kyron with his stepmother in front of his exhibit.

and as far as we know  Gina Zimmerman, does not mention kitty

9 a.m. Kyron is seen by a student near the south entrance of the school, according to Sheriff Dan Staton, who says that was the last time the boy was seen. Multnomah County authorities later backtrack on that statement.
class starts at
10 a.m. Classes begin.
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_chronology_of_eve.html

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1785 on: June 29, 2010, 10:59:46 PM »

I always go off my first instincts. I got a bad vibe from the step-mother, and seeing the dynamics between her and Kaine when they finally spoke up in public, I got the feeling things weren't to lovey-dovey between them. The question is: where is Kyron? That did she (they) do with him?

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1786 on: June 29, 2010, 11:03:57 PM »

I always go off my first instincts. I got a bad vibe from the step-mother, and seeing the dynamics between her and Kaine when they finally spoke up in public, I got the feeling things weren't to lovey-dovey between them. The question is: where is Kyron? That did she (they) do with him?

The question is: where is Kyron? That did she (they) do with him?
cant find the post, but they own 4.6+ acres mostly wooded
seems like a start point

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1787 on: June 29, 2010, 11:04:13 PM »

LOL you silly monkey  I am going to giggling in my sleep with you and your cat! LOL

LOL!!!   

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1788 on: June 29, 2010, 11:07:51 PM »

http://www.kgw.com/news/Second-grade-student-missing-from-Skyline-Elementary-95670454.html

<snipped>

I find it odd that the friend kept saying how much Kyron loved Terri.  I'm sure he did and I'm sure he loved his father, bio mom and stepdad too.  Even though he lived in his Kaine's home with his dad and Terri, he did see his mom and stepdad as well.  I just find it odd she mentioned it twice.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm... Thank you for posting that Klaas, I've read and read what that 'friend' said, and hadn't noticed before her saying this twice.  Verrrrry weird!  Almost as if her whole intention was that we knew that part, the rest was fluff.  ?? 

ozziesmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1789 on: June 29, 2010, 11:11:15 PM »

I hate to admit this, but as soon as this hit the news and I heard STEP mother I got a bad vibe....

Then I saw them on TV and she seemed "off" not that I have any idea how I'd feel (everyone deals differently) It just looked a little forced to me (how she was hanging onto the bio mom) and the bio mom, didn't comfort her back at all...Maybe I'm wrong, who knows? I just Hope and pray that little boy is okay...

In Aruba, everyone lies!! Except Jossy!
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1790 on: June 29, 2010, 11:13:27 PM »

Do we know what TH was doing during the time she left Kyron, and when she waited at the bus stop? 
Sorry if this has been mentioned...just haven't seen it.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1791 on: June 29, 2010, 11:16:14 PM »

Do we know what TH was doing during the time she left Kyron, and when she waited at the bus stop? 

not according to this timeline, the best ive found so far

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_chronology_of_eve.html

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1792 on: June 29, 2010, 11:18:55 PM »

not according to this timeline, the best ive found so far

getting tired messed it up
1:21 p.m. Terri Horman posts photos of Kyron at the science fair on her Facebook page.
3:30 p.m. Terri Horman goes to meet the school bus and discovers that Kyron has been absent all day.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1793 on: June 29, 2010, 11:20:45 PM »

NEW BLINK POST:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/06/29/kyron-horman-missing-and-endangered-sources-terri-horman-arrest-is-imminent/

Kyron Horman Missing and Endangered Sources: Terri Horman Arrest Is Imminent
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1794 on: June 29, 2010, 11:25:46 PM »

It's been said she said she had errands to run etc in the morning, and I think household chores or something like that.  There are rumors afloat about other things that may have happened that morning.  (cell phone pings, her mustang driving erratically).  Then folks noticed she was on facebook in the afternoon before going to the bus.   

Kaine mentions he worked that morning, came home in the afternoon.  Haven't seen him mention what he did between the time he came home and before going to the bus. 

Details is what we need!  Details and those being confirmed by LE.  Which we may get later on down the road.  Sigh.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1795 on: June 29, 2010, 11:31:56 PM »

CW ~

I dunno what time Kaine's workday started........ early am guessing.  Cuz he supposedly last saw Kyron as he was leaving for work, while Kyron was feeding his cat, before going to school. 

Kyron and Terri supposedly got to school about 8am or so, according to Terri.  They were seen there at 8:15am. 

I'm thinking Kaine's workday probably began somewhere around 8am.  Just a guess. 

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1796 on: June 29, 2010, 11:32:51 PM »

Thanks to everyone for your replies ~ so, I guess no one except TH knows what was going on until she conveniently posted on Facebook.  Seems like someone would have mentioned seeing her or running into her.  I sure wish we knew what she's said to LE and to Kaine.  Surely there was some sort of conversation as they waited at the bus stop.   

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1797 on: June 29, 2010, 11:48:11 PM »

http://www.kptv.com/news/24087500/detail.html

No New Info In Search For Kyron, Deputies Say

POSTED: 4:08 pm PDT June 29, 2010
UPDATED: 5:09 pm PDT June 29, 2010

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Multnomah County deputies said Tuesday there was no new information in the search for missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman.

Although there did not appear to be any additional large scale searches for the boy, private citizens have been beating the brush and looking for any sign of the child.

Two weeks ago, the Sauvie Island area was littered with search teams On Tuesday, however, a FOX 12 reporter found only one man, who said he doesn't want notoriety, but simply wants to find Kyron.

At the urging of a psychic, Gary Hartfield searched parts of Sauvie Island where he believed he may find clues in Kyron's disappearance. He parked at the end of Reeder Road on the north end of the island.

"I do have a friend who has some psychic abilities and she had told me some things that led me to this area -- talking about farm land and trees and dirt roads," he said. "So, I just decided to come out here and check out a few roads I was aware of and see if I could find anything."

Hartfield said he found a pair of child-size tennis shoes, but when compared to a recent photo of the shoes worn by Kyron on the day he disappeared, they were not a match.

Hartfield said he still plans to give the shoes to investigators.

Other private citizens, including nationally known psychic Ed Dames, also plan on continuing their searches for Kyron. Dames, who is most noted for his work on the radio show "Coast to Coast," will soon be visiting Portland in hopes of finding Kyron.

Another professional search investigator also plans to begin a search Wednesday, but it was not immediately clear where the search would take place.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1798 on: June 29, 2010, 11:54:21 PM »

Klaas, although it says class was to begin at 10 after the fair, the bells still rang on time and one being at 8:45. I have read the kids were to go to class and then by 9 be sent in groups to visit the various classrooms etc where the displays were set. So although Terri did leave him at 8:45 he wasn't on his own until 10. My question has always been, was there someone in the classroom at 8:45 when Kyron supposedly walked into it or was it empty?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1799 on: June 29, 2010, 11:56:19 PM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_stepmother.html

Kyron Horman stepmother increasingly focus of law enforcement
Published: Tuesday, June 29, 2010, 7:55 PM     Updated: Tuesday, June 29, 2010, 8:17 PM

More than three weeks after 7-year-old Kryon Horman was last seen at his school's science fair, law enforcement authorities have flat out declined to say whether the stepmom who took him to school is a suspect or person of interest.

Yet their actions have increasingly homed in on Terri Moulton Horman.

Kyron's stepmother, who snapped the ubiquitous photo of the second-grader wearing a CSI shirt and beaming a sweet smile beside his science fair exhibit, remains at her rural Northwest Portland home isolated, as family distances themselves, and investigators feverishly focus on her.

The stepmom was grilled for hours through two polygraph exams, friends and family said. Authorities released a flier and questionnaire June 18, featuring Terri's photo and a model of the white truck she was driving when she took Kyron to school June 4, asking if anybody had seen either that day. The parents, not the stepmom who raised Kyron since infancy, sat for interviews with national media last Friday.

And Monday night, as leaks filtered to the media that Kyron's father had moved out with their 19-month-old daughter, Kyron's father, biological mother and stepfather released a statement through the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office -- one with a glaring omission, no shared signature from Terri.

"Any actions taken by the investigation, or by us, are based on the best interests of Kyron and Kiara and comply with the law," the statement said.

The statement seemed a veiled reference to a petition for a restraining order that Kyron's dad, Kaine Horman, sought Monday afternoon in Multnomah County Circuit Court against his wife, along with his petition for divorce. He moved out of the rural Northwest Portland home sometime Saturday. Also Saturday, a 9-1-1 call came in from the Horman's home at 5:46 p.m., regarding "threats" at the property. The sheriff's office declined to allow its release, citing the ongoing investigation.

The stepmom declined to talk Tuesday.

In this type of case, the fracturing of the family is unusual, said Jack Levin, a criminology professor and co-director of Northeastern University's Brudnick Center on Violence and Conflict.

"In most cases of abduction or murder, the family members stick together. Even when all of the evidence points to one of them, they still believe in the innocence of the family member," Levin said. "So, when you see the kind of reaction that this family had, you have to wonder whether there might not be some validity in their perception."

Terri Horman was served with the restraining order and divorce papers about 6 p.m. Monday at her home, about 45 minutes after she denied to an Oregonian reporter who came to her door that her husband had moved out, and gave a thumbs up, saying, "Everything's good."

A restraining order is issued if the petitioner can show he or his child is in "imminent danger of further abuse" by the respondent, and respondent represents a "credible threat to the physical safety of petitioner or petitioner's child."

Kaine Horman's petition for a restraining order, which must offer an explanation of why he feared his wife was a threat to himself and their daughter, was sealed by Judge Keith Meisenheimer. It was sought after Kyron's dad, as well as his mom and stepdad, had been "fully briefed by law enforcement on the on-going criminal investigation."

The restraining order says the stepmom can have no parenting time with her 19-month-old, and restricts her from possessing firearms.

"Mr. Horman has a continuing desire to bring Kyron home safely, and to provide for the best interests of his daughter Kiara," said Kyron's lawyer, Laura E. Rackner, in a statement Tuesday. "Mr. Horman remains supportive of all of the law enforcement agencies working to locate Kyron and will continue to act in his children's best interests."

In his petition for divorce, also filed Monday, Kaine cites "irreconcilable differences" between he and his wife, seeks sole custody of their daughter and reasonable child support.

Until Tuesday, Terri Moulton Horman had not retained a lawyer, but there was wide speculation that she'd be looking for one Tuesday morning. And outside legal experts say it's time she get one.

Even if the police haven't publicly identified a person of interest, their actions suggest otherwise. "At this point, it's pretty clear the focus of the investigation is on her," said Ron Hoevet, a longtime criminal defense attorney.

The stepmom has 30 days to notify the court to request a hearing contesting the restraining order, and a hearing would have to be scheduled within 5 days of her notice.

Meanwhile, Multnomah County's Major Crimes Team, with the sheriff's office taking the lead, along with assistance from the FBI, continues its investigation. They're still checking out tips, and trying to identify and contact any sex offenders who may reside in the area to check out their alibis.

"The investigation is not in position yet to even list a suspect or persons of interest," sheriff's spokeswoman Lt. Mary Lindstrand reiterated Tuesday.

Criminal justice experts say it's not surprising that authorities would focus on a family member, particularly the one who last saw the missing child. "On a statistical basis, they would have to think first of family members as suspects, considering most child abductions involve a relative," said Levin, of Northeastern University.

Yet while investigators may strongly suspect the stepmom's involvement, it's important they continue to run down the tips they've received, and consider all possibilities, experts say.

Jim McIntyre, a former Multnomah County prosecutor who now works as a criminal defense attorney, said investigators are acting responsibly in keeping close tabs on information. "Their obligation is to objectively investigate the case," he said. "What if it's not her and what if it's someone else?" Focusing solely on one person as a potential suspect could lead investigators to miss the true culprit.

Without a body, without witnesses, investigators are left with circumstantial evidence, or, if they're lucky, a confession.

"So I can see the logic in the investigation attempting to pressure the person they believe is the abductor into confessing her crime," Levin said. "Will it work? Who knows. If you're dealing with a sociopath, who lacks feelings of remorse and is manipulative, it may mean nothing. If you're dealing with someone who didn't plan the attack, but lost her temper, the tactic could work."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.