Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #1 6/5/10 - 6/30/10

<< < (52/395) > >>

Tracygirl:
http://www.greatschools.org/school/parentReviews.page?id=927&state=OR&sortBy=dd&pager.offset=0

Great schools offers some independent insight on the school. There are also parent reviews listed. One in particular I found ironic....

We love Skyline.There are many e/c activities to choose from: soccer, basketball, baseball, music, Science, Scouts, Outdoor Club, etc.The teachers, staff, and parents are all extremely dedicated to the education/well being of our kids. When you look around at Skyline, the kids are happy and accepting of eachother. The teachers know everyone's names, and your child doesn't get lost in the crowd like at a larger school. We chose to live here because Skyline is our neighborhood school.
Submitted by a parent
Write your own review

Tracygirl:
a few stats from great schools.

students per teacher 17:1
Not particularly a diverse school 82% of the students are white. (not that it means anything.)

So the teacher had 17 students in her class yet she was so out of sorts with it being hectic she misplaced one? I don't mean to sound as though I am not appreciative of teachers, they work hard but their main responsibilities are the children. It seems completely unacceptable to me, that he was marked absent that day. She had 17 students! my sons school the ratio is 34:1 yet she kept track of them all. These are 2nd graders, not 7th graders. That day, or so it seems she relied on assumptions. If you think about it, she left him behind if she believed he was in the bathroom. Sorry I just don't see that day being that hectic.

See the thing is and this is what gets me, Kyron had been there since 8:00 AM, 45 min walking around with this step mom, looking at the exhibits, as well as his own. He didn't just arrive at the school, he had been there. The step mom  knows the staff, it was said she sometimes subbed there which leads me to believe she knew some of the students as well. Given the teacher said, well maybe he was in the bathroom or left for an appointment leads me to my assumptions she probably had seen him too. So I think given this child is missing it is fair to ask the question, was the teacher just being negligent of her responsibility or was she stalling the search efforts? In my opinion, if a person takes a child out of the school environment they take a huge risk that in about 5 min after they take said child a huge search would take place. So it seems to do such a brazen thing, they would need to have some kind of control over the situation. With the teacher seeming to be non shallant about the his not being in class that morning, it makes me wonder thats all. 

Itaryl Moosee:
The sheriff has updated their webpage.

I CANNOT see the parents questions thing or the request for video from June 3 and June 4 from the businesses.

Can someone work with this?

http://www.flashalert.net/news.html?id=1276

http://www.flashalertnewswire.net/images/news/2010-06/1276/36006/Horman_Family_Statements_June_12.doc

http://www.flashalertnewswire.net/images/news/2010-06/1276/36006/Request_for_Video_Footage.doc

Both are .doc and won't open in my puter.

:(

Tracygirl:
Is this what you wanted?

News Releases
Day 9 MCSO 1400 Brieifng Regarding the Continuing Search for Kyron Horman - 06/12/10
June 12, 2010
1400 Briefing
Capt. Monte Reiser

Good Afternoon. I'm Capt Monte Reiser of the Multnomah County Sheriffs Office, Incident Commander for this operational period in the continuing search for Kyron Horman.

During yesterday's briefing there was a question about community involvement. We again want to urge you to familiarize yourselves with pictures and information regarding Kyron, available both on our website at www.mcso.us, and at our media site at www.flashalert.net/news.html?id=1276 With the change in weather, and Rose Festival activities in full swing, more people out and about today with knowledge of Kyron's image and clothing will create an even greater search opportunity. Also, we had a question yesterday regarding our tip line and an issue with busy signals, and I want to reiterate our tip line is up and running, please be familiar with the tip line along with the images of Kyron. We urge you to program the tip line number, 503-261-2847 into your phones for immediate contact with us in the event you see or find anything that may lead us closer us to finding Kyron.

The search continues today with teams out in the field acting on information received to date, and expanding into previously unsearched areas, with nearly 300 searchers in the field. This is the natural progression of search operations of this nature. The searchers continue to be energetic, and will continue until we've done what we feel needs to be done.

We want to thank the community here and across the country for their tremendous support of this operation to date. Our drop off sites have received an overwhelming amount of supplies for our search effort, so much in fact that we need to ask the public to hold off making any further donations for now, until such time as we have a need for further donations. We will notify you as soon as the need arises, and we again can't thank you enough for your support.
We also wanted to clarify that cash donations toward supporting the continuing search efforts are still being accepted through Bank of America, under the "Kyron Horman Fund." These donations are to help pay for the costs of search and rescue operations only.

Statements from the Horman Family in response to questions submitted by the media are attached to this briefing update.

A request for recorded video footage of roads in the vicinity of Skyline Elementary School is also attached. This request is to seek additional video to add to that already collected.
Attached Media Files: Horman Family Statements June 12 , Request for Video Footage June 12

Tracygirl:
I can't get the other 2 to open. My guess is their server is bogged down. i will try later if no one has had luck by then

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page