April 23, 2024, 09:34:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #1 6/5/10 - 6/30/10  (Read 566606 times)
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #280 on: June 12, 2010, 11:27:44 PM »

One thing has been puzzling me.

It's the fact that nobody saw the boy after 8:45am, and it was the SM who says she last saw him.

According to the statements published when he first disappeared, she brought him to school around 8:00am. They went into his home-room (or he went by himself?) and he put the  book bag and jacket on his seat.

Then his SM and him went to check his project.

There have been stories of his project being inside his classroom.

There have been stories of his project being in the gym.

If his project was inside his classroom, why did he and his SM went out of the room after seeing the project and taking the picture? - reports say he never came back to his classroom.

If his project was in the gym, was the SM and Kyron seen by anyone else, and if so... when did they leave?

I wonder if there is a possibility that after looking at his project they both left the school together.

There were reports of someone seeing Kyron later on in the morning in school.

But, the person could be mistaken or lying. Let's stress that nobody but that person saw him that morning. Why did nobody else saw him? Of course, we have no information that says one way or another.

Now the police is asking for videotape for June 3 and June 4!!!

Why June 3rd???

Could it be that hey suspect someone was casing the school or area? Are they giving credibility to the white truck seen twice that day?

Do they want to check for Kyron in the tapes?

I also have not seen "when" the project was brought to school and set up. Was it the day before? Kyron would not have been able to transport it by himself to the class alone from his school bus, if the day before. Also, why now are they stating that "Kyron was so proud of his project he worked on with his Dad all week"? I thought SM was the one who worked with Kyron exclusively?
Another thought, when I go to my sons school where I also volunteer a lot, I run into at least 4 teachers, 4 office staff, a lunch lady or two and at least 3 parents just entering the school!
I think the child who came forward- Tanner (?) is the one who said he saw Kyron at 9:00. I don't put a whole lot into his statement if so. Kids his age have no concept of time in my opinion and it could have been the day before he saw Kyron for all we know. To me Kyron would have seen more than one kid that morning.
It looked to me all of Kyron's class had there projects set up in the classroom for the science fair. Maybe the upper grades had their projects in he gym??

If Kyron was last seen at the south door, were there any deliveries going on at the time, i.e. UPS, FedX, Food service?

I wonder why they have not said if the search dogs even had a scent of Kyron at the school and where did it end if they did.

Sitting on my fence baffled again......Wink

Could it be off reporting regarding the school project? I think we can trust what the statement said, the dad helped him. The step mom was involved in his life though, I mean she walked him around the fair that morning. She could have dropped him off and said, see ya have a nice day, right? But she didn't. I am not sure when he set it up, I know someone was thinking if it was the day before she could have snapped the pic, but I think Le discounted that.
I am not surprised so little is being said. That seems to be the norm in these cases. So much is kept quiet so to not hurt the investigation. Blink has some good thoughts on what is being said is telling a "between the lines" story.
Does anyone recall Elizabeths case? She was a young girl leaving a friends home and never made it home. The police refused to say it was a kidnapping and it couldn't be further from a kidnapping case and we all were like, what? Come to find out they had information that the sibling of the friend she was visiting had stabbed and killed Elizabeth. That statement made sense. I think that same thing with this one. For me I am going to trust the investigators and they are on to something. I just pray they find him alive.
Stepmom is the one who posted on her facebook about helping Kyron with the project that is why it baffled me to read today LE saying the opposite. I agree the SM being the culprit is far fetched when I add up everything. I mean for her to have done this she is either very stupid or brilliant. I can't decide. I guess I lean towards SM because she was last with him. Nothing about this case makes any sense whatsoever. The only other theory I can come up with would be some psycho obsessed woman who wanted to hurt Kyron's dad for some reason.
Now to think a complete stranger did this scares me to no end. Remember the Shasta and Dillon case? I never saw that coming. I can not read too much about that case because it horrifies me to no end.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #281 on: June 12, 2010, 11:37:01 PM »

hi Jess! how are ya doing friend?

Hi cookie!  Doing well when I'm not causing trouble.  (what happened to the emoticons?  LOL)  I've been very busy with Justice for Nevaeh.  We had the dedication ceremony last Saturday for Her Memorial Park Bench.  It was a wonderful ceremony.  Turnout was very good.  I gave a presentation on Child Safety and Awareness which, from what I've been hearing, was very well received.  We also had a local band play a few songs, including a beautiful song called "Nevaeh's Song" which they wrote specifically for Our Little Angel.  Local Monroe County School representatives spoke, and then I, on behalf of Justice for Nevaeh, presented Her Memorial Plaque to the School which will be affixed to the bench.  The bench is located at the playground of the Riverside Early Learning Center--it was Nevaeh's favorite playground.  Her teachers were there as well as many of her classmates.  What great people.  Of course, it was a bitter sweet and very emotional day, especially given that it was a year and day since Nevaeh was found on the banks of the River Raisin.

I am not Cookie, but I wanted to thank you for being involved with the memorial for Navaeh. She was such a beautiful little girl. God Bless you for getting out there and trying to make a difference and keeping her memory alive. I can only imagine how emotional the dedication was. It sounds like it was a beautiful dedication. Smile

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #282 on: June 12, 2010, 11:39:28 PM »

OT- but where are our emoticons? Will they be coming back? I feel so lost without them and miss not being able to upload important things. Is it a bandwidth issue?

JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #283 on: June 12, 2010, 11:45:34 PM »

Kyron Horman search may have suffered from confluence of delays
Published: Saturday, June 12, 2010, 8:00 PM     Updated: Saturday, June 12, 2010, 8:23 PM
Noelle Crombie, The Oregonian Noelle Crombie, The Oregonian

On the morning Kyron Horman was last seen, he was Skyline School's resident expert on red-eyed tree frogs at the school science fair. Then the second-grader vanished and was gone nearly seven hours before anyone noticed.

Kyron's stepmother met the school bus about 3:30 p.m. but the bespectacled 7-year-old wasn't aboard. She called Skyline and the school secretary called 9-1-1. During the next 4 1/2 hours, authorities mobilized a full-scale search effort involving federal agents who specialize in child abduction cases.

But by then it was almost nightfall. Time had long become the enemy.

"This investigation really got going eight to 12 hours after it should have," said Clint Van Zandt, a former FBI profiler and Virginia-based security consultant. "Whatever happened to this little boy, by the time authorities really geared up, they were 12 hours behind the power curve.

"That is a long time to be behind in a case like this," he said.

A confluence of factors meant searchers lost key hours:  The initial report was given the "lOfficials at Skyline School didn't notify the boy's parents after realizing he was absent.owest priority" rating by emergency dispatchers. Rush-hour traffic on Friday evening delayed arrival of trained searchers, who gathered first at the Multnomah County Sheriff's patrol office in outer Northeast Portland, then traveled to the site. Getting to the school and Kyron's neighborhood, in the rural northwestern corner of Multnomah County, took more than a half-hour.

And though news organizations reported late Friday that Kyron was missing, authorities didn't issue a full press release until the following morning.

Once notified, Multnomah County authorities responded swiftly but critical hours already had been lost, Sheriff Dan Staton said.

"This is what is hugely disturbing to me," he told The Oregonian Saturday. "The fact that you had a child in school and the last time the child was seen is at 9 in the morning – there are concerns about that lag time. If the child had walked away from the school, the likelihood of finding him under those circumstances would have been extremely high.

"After five hours," the sheriff said, "you know as well as I do how far a child could walk on a roadway."

Across the country each year, 115 children on average are abducted by strangers or an acquaintance, according to a 2008 report by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Most are found within hours. But a quarter of abducted children are killed. The center's statistics showed that 76 percent of those children die within three hours of being kidnapped.

Though rare, all missing children investigations share an essential element: time.

"Valuable hours were lost because, frankly, no one knew where (Kyron) was," said Bob Lowery, a former homicide commander in the Midwest and executive director of the missing children division of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Added Van Zandt: "As time goes on, it becomes more critical and the potential for some harm to come to this child is greater."

Skyline School officials first realized there was a problem after the school day had ended. Kyron's stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, said the boy wasn't on the school bus.

School secretary Susan Hall called 9-1-1 at 3:56 p.m. That triggered a page to Portland Public Schools security.

At some point that day, Kyron's teacher had marked the boy absent – district officials refuse to say when – but that didn't prompt a call home because Skyline School lacked an automatic notification policy. That has since changed.

Staton said dispatchers at the Bureau of Emergency Communications classified the call from Skyline as "lowest priority." Dispatchers generally classify calls based on who's calling, what information they provide, whether there is an indication of danger or a medical issue.

Within minutes, Portland police and Multnomah County sheriff's deputies were dispatched. About a half-hour passed before they pulled up to the school and the Horman home, about 2 1/2 miles from the school.

The official search for Kyron began at 4:33 p.m.

Among those responding were a sergeant, a police dog and about eight Portland officers. They searched around the school, hoping the shy boy had gone home with someone he knew. Staton said even before certified searchers arrived, police had searched the school, many of the main roads and the boy's home.

On any given day, kids don't ride the bus when they should, prompting parents to call their school, said Matt Shelby, spokesman for the school district.

"Nine times out of 10 they're found within the hour or so," he said.

But police found no trace of Kyron.

Shortly after 5:30 p.m., school authorities alerted parents through an automated phone message.

"Kyron Horman did not arrive at home today," the message said.

The alert was intended for Skyline parents, but it went out to other parents, too. Anyone who'd seen Kyron was asked to call police.

"The only thing we knew is that he was missing," Shelby said.

The sheriff's office began calling trained searchers at 5:30 p.m. The first search teams arrived at 8:09 p.m. The search and rescue coordinator, Deputy Mark Herron, arrived at 8:25 p.m.

Among those who got a call that night was sheriff's Sgt. Travis Gullberg, a search and rescue coordinator.

"We've got a scenario developing," Detective Sgt. Lee Gosson told him.

Sometime between 7 and 7:45 p.m., Staton personally called the FBI. He said the circumstances – Kyron disappeared from school on a busy morning – prompted him to ask for help from the feds.

"I wanted them involved because the last time this child was seen was inside a school," he said. "This was not a child walking away from their home or getting lost in the woods. This is a child who got lost inside a school with faculty there. That was the last time the child was seen."

The bureau pulled in agents from across the country. Two who would help with the technical aspect arrived that night. Another set of agents with expertise in missing-child cases landed at midnight. More joined Saturday morning.

By then, Kyron had been gone for 24 hours.

While local news organizations heard reports about a possible missing child over their police scanners, and began trying to sort out what was going on, official public notification of the media was slow and sketchy.

Portland school officials didn't issue a press release that afternoon, and the public information officer for the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office only learned of the investigation some time that night between 7 and 7:15.

About an hour later, a sheriff's official met some reporters at Skyline School and released a photo of the boy, but the agency issued its first official news release on the investigation about 9 a.m. the next day.

Staton said his agency responded quickly to Kyron's disappearance.

"For the location of the school," Staton said, "this is a really good response time, especially when you are talking about a Friday, the time of day, rushing through traffic to get out here."

The FBI often volunteers personnel when children vanish. But the bureau does not consider itself a first responder in such emergencies, FBI spokeswoman Beth Anne Steele said.

"Relatively speaking," she said, "we were notified very early in the process."

It's been more than a week since Kyron's stepmother saw him walk toward his classroom in Skyline School after the pair toured the school science fair and admired Kyron's tree frog project. Investigators now characterize Kyron as a missing and endangered child.

The investigation, in its 10th day Sunday, is one of the largest ever overseen by the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office and has included more than 500 searchers.

But Van Zandt said the likelihood that Kyron wandered out of the school, got hurt and is awaiting rescue is fading.

"The chances are getting slimmer and slimmer that that is what happened to him and that he could ... survive," Van Zandt said.

The moment an adult took note that Kyron wasn't at school Friday, an effort to locate him should have been set in motion, he said.

"And within an hour instead of 12 hours," he said, "this case would have been moving."
Kimberly A.C. Wilson, Bryan Denson and Stuart Tomlinson contributed to this report.

-- Noelle Crombie

-- Kimberly A.C. Wilson, Bryan Denson and Stuart Tomlinson contributed to this report.

MY EDITORIAL RANT:  It is absolutely inexcusable that the teacher noticed Kyron was absent, saw his backpack and jacket, yet did nothing.  And don't blame it on lack of an automated notification process.  Last time I checked, telephones can still be manually dialed.  This child was entrusted into the care of the teachers, which stand in loco parentis, and they failed him, whatever the outcome.  Sad, so very very sad.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_search_may_have_s.html

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #284 on: June 12, 2010, 11:48:10 PM »

Kyron Horman search may have suffered from confluence of delays
Published: Saturday, June 12, 2010, 8:00 PM     Updated: Saturday, June 12, 2010, 8:23 PM
Noelle Crombie, The Oregonian Noelle Crombie, The Oregonian

On the morning Kyron Horman was last seen, he was Skyline School's resident expert on red-eyed tree frogs at the school science fair. Then the second-grader vanished and was gone nearly seven hours before anyone noticed.

Kyron's stepmother met the school bus about 3:30 p.m. but the bespectacled 7-year-old wasn't aboard. She called Skyline and the school secretary called 9-1-1. During the next 4 1/2 hours, authorities mobilized a full-scale search effort involving federal agents who specialize in child abduction cases.

But by then it was almost nightfall. Time had long become the enemy.

"This investigation really got going eight to 12 hours after it should have," said Clint Van Zandt, a former FBI profiler and Virginia-based security consultant. "Whatever happened to this little boy, by the time authorities really geared up, they were 12 hours behind the power curve.

"That is a long time to be behind in a case like this," he said.

A confluence of factors meant searchers lost key hours:  Officials at Skyline School didn't notify the boy's parents after realizing he was absent.  The initial report was given the "lowest priority" rating by emergency dispatchers. Rush-hour traffic on Friday evening delayed arrival of trained searchers, who gathered first at the Multnomah County Sheriff's patrol office in outer Northeast Portland, then traveled to the site. Getting to the school and Kyron's neighborhood, in the rural northwestern corner of Multnomah County, took more than a half-hour.

And though news organizations reported late Friday that Kyron was missing, authorities didn't issue a full press release until the following morning.

Once notified, Multnomah County authorities responded swiftly but critical hours already had been lost, Sheriff Dan Staton said.

"This is what is hugely disturbing to me," he told The Oregonian Saturday. "The fact that you had a child in school and the last time the child was seen is at 9 in the morning – there are concerns about that lag time. If the child had walked away from the school, the likelihood of finding him under those circumstances would have been extremely high.

"After five hours," the sheriff said, "you know as well as I do how far a child could walk on a roadway."

Across the country each year, 115 children on average are abducted by strangers or an acquaintance, according to a 2008 report by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Most are found within hours. But a quarter of abducted children are killed. The center's statistics showed that 76 percent of those children die within three hours of being kidnapped.

Though rare, all missing children investigations share an essential element: time.

"Valuable hours were lost because, frankly, no one knew where (Kyron) was," said Bob Lowery, a former homicide commander in the Midwest and executive director of the missing children division of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Added Van Zandt: "As time goes on, it becomes more critical and the potential for some harm to come to this child is greater."

Skyline School officials first realized there was a problem after the school day had ended. Kyron's stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, said the boy wasn't on the school bus.

School secretary Susan Hall called 9-1-1 at 3:56 p.m. That triggered a page to Portland Public Schools security.

At some point that day, Kyron's teacher had marked the boy absent – district officials refuse to say when – but that didn't prompt a call home because Skyline School lacked an automatic notification policy. That has since changed.

Staton said dispatchers at the Bureau of Emergency Communications classified the call from Skyline as "lowest priority." Dispatchers generally classify calls based on who's calling, what information they provide, whether there is an indication of danger or a medical issue.

Within minutes, Portland police and Multnomah County sheriff's deputies were dispatched. About a half-hour passed before they pulled up to the school and the Horman home, about 2 1/2 miles from the school.

The official search for Kyron began at 4:33 p.m.

Among those responding were a sergeant, a police dog and about eight Portland officers. They searched around the school, hoping the shy boy had gone home with someone he knew. Staton said even before certified searchers arrived, police had searched the school, many of the main roads and the boy's home.

On any given day, kids don't ride the bus when they should, prompting parents to call their school, said Matt Shelby, spokesman for the school district.

"Nine times out of 10 they're found within the hour or so," he said.

But police found no trace of Kyron.

Shortly after 5:30 p.m., school authorities alerted parents through an automated phone message.

"Kyron Horman did not arrive at home today," the message said.

The alert was intended for Skyline parents, but it went out to other parents, too. Anyone who'd seen Kyron was asked to call police.

"The only thing we knew is that he was missing," Shelby said.

The sheriff's office began calling trained searchers at 5:30 p.m. The first search teams arrived at 8:09 p.m. The search and rescue coordinator, Deputy Mark Herron, arrived at 8:25 p.m.

Among those who got a call that night was sheriff's Sgt. Travis Gullberg, a search and rescue coordinator.

"We've got a scenario developing," Detective Sgt. Lee Gosson told him.

Sometime between 7 and 7:45 p.m., Staton personally called the FBI. He said the circumstances – Kyron disappeared from school on a busy morning – prompted him to ask for help from the feds.

"I wanted them involved because the last time this child was seen was inside a school," he said. "This was not a child walking away from their home or getting lost in the woods. This is a child who got lost inside a school with faculty there. That was the last time the child was seen."

The bureau pulled in agents from across the country. Two who would help with the technical aspect arrived that night. Another set of agents with expertise in missing-child cases landed at midnight. More joined Saturday morning.

By then, Kyron had been gone for 24 hours.

While local news organizations heard reports about a possible missing child over their police scanners, and began trying to sort out what was going on, official public notification of the media was slow and sketchy.

Portland school officials didn't issue a press release that afternoon, and the public information officer for the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office only learned of the investigation some time that night between 7 and 7:15.

About an hour later, a sheriff's official met some reporters at Skyline School and released a photo of the boy, but the agency issued its first official news release on the investigation about 9 a.m. the next day.

Staton said his agency responded quickly to Kyron's disappearance.

"For the location of the school," Staton said, "this is a really good response time, especially when you are talking about a Friday, the time of day, rushing through traffic to get out here."

The FBI often volunteers personnel when children vanish. But the bureau does not consider itself a first responder in such emergencies, FBI spokeswoman Beth Anne Steele said.

"Relatively speaking," she said, "we were notified very early in the process."

It's been more than a week since Kyron's stepmother saw him walk toward his classroom in Skyline School after the pair toured the school science fair and admired Kyron's tree frog project. Investigators now characterize Kyron as a missing and endangered child.

The investigation, in its 10th day Sunday, is one of the largest ever overseen by the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office and has included more than 500 searchers.

But Van Zandt said the likelihood that Kyron wandered out of the school, got hurt and is awaiting rescue is fading.

"The chances are getting slimmer and slimmer that that is what happened to him and that he could ... survive," Van Zandt said.

The moment an adult took note that Kyron wasn't at school Friday, an effort to locate him should have been set in motion, he said.

"And within an hour instead of 12 hours," he said, "this case would have been moving."
Kimberly A.C. Wilson, Bryan Denson and Stuart Tomlinson contributed to this report.

-- Noelle Crombie

-- Kimberly A.C. Wilson, Bryan Denson and Stuart Tomlinson contributed to this report.

MY EDITORIAL RANT:  It is absolutely inexcusable that the teacher noticed Kyron was absent, saw his backpack and jacket, yet did nothing.  And don't blame it on lack of an automated notification process.  Last time I checked, telephones can still be manually dialed.  This child was entrusted into the care of the teachers, which stand in loco parentis, and they failed him, whatever the outcome.  Sad, so very very sad.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_search_may_have_s.html

Self edit to fix the messed-up red paragraph.  Smile

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #285 on: June 12, 2010, 11:52:27 PM »

Hi cookie!  Doing well when I'm not causing trouble.  (what happened to the emoticons?  LOL)  I've been very busy with Justice for Nevaeh.  We had the dedication ceremony last Saturday for Her Memorial Park Bench.  It was a wonderful ceremony.  Turnout was very good.  I gave a presentation on Child Safety and Awareness which, from what I've been hearing, was very well received.  We also had a local band play a few songs, including a beautiful song called "Nevaeh's Song" which they wrote specifically for Our Little Angel.  Local Monroe County School representatives spoke, and then I, on behalf of Justice for Nevaeh, presented Her Memorial Plaque to the School which will be affixed to the bench.  The bench is located at the playground of the Riverside Early Learning Center--it was Nevaeh's favorite playground.  Her teachers were there as well as many of her classmates.  What great people.  Of course, it was a bitter sweet and very emotional day, especially given that it was a year and day since Nevaeh was found on the banks of the River Raisin.

I am not Cookie, but I wanted to thank you for being involved with the memorial for Navaeh. She was such a beautiful little girl. God Bless you for getting out there and trying to make a difference and keeping her memory alive. I can only imagine how emotional the dedication was. It sounds like it was a beautiful dedication. Smile
Thank you, cartfly.  I truly appreciate it.  If I may give our group a little plug, take a look at our recently launched website.  Some parts are still in development, but we're getting there!

http://sites.google.com/site/justicefornevaeh/

Thanks!

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #286 on: June 13, 2010, 12:22:29 AM »

Kyron Horman search day 9: Boy still missing as online rumor control kicks in

published: Saturday, June 12, 2010, 7:33 PM     Updated: Saturday, June 12, 2010, 8:32 PM
Kate Mather, The Oregonian Kate Mather, The Oregonian

As day nine passed Saturday in the search for missing Kyron Horman, the hilly fields and shadowy forests near Skyline School continued to be a focal point.

But in their only news  conference of the day, officials turned a portion of their attention to cyberspace -- specifically addressing the volume of speculation and rumor being amplified through social media sites and online commentary. The Facebook/Twitter era has added an odd twist to what has emerged as one of the largest search-and-rescue operations in Oregon history.

"Our organization has never had to do that," Lt. Mary Lindstrand, spokeswoman for the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office, said of the efforts to address online speculation. "It's just an extraordinary case."

In addressing reporters, Capt. Mike Shults  said two questions were "pretty important" to answer about the boy's family. 

First, Shults said, there's a reason the family is not out in the field helping with the search.

"We need them to be close and that was conveyed to them from the beginning," he said. "We need them to be right there so that if (investigators) have questions or they find evidence or if they're going in a direction that's totally wrong. ..."

"Their information is critical and they immediately knew that and immediately started assisting the sheriff's office to provide that information to us, which is exactly what we wanted them to do."

Shults also said he asked family members to maintain normal activities -- such as grocery shopping or going to the gym -- to help maintain their mental and physical health.

"Once we determined that this search could take some time, it was discussed what that really meant to them and how long this could be, knowing that the stress was going to be overwhelming and it could be important to keep their minds and bodies healthy," Shults said. "We need them to help us bring Kyron home."

Lindstrand said Shults addressed the issues "because if he was a viewer at home, those are the two questions he would want to know."

Terri Moulton Horman, Kyron's stepmother, has been criticized on various online outlets for some of the activity on her Facebook page since Kyron was reported missing June 4
from his Northwest Portland grade school.

At one point, she wrote that she was "hitting the gym" -- an activity some said was not appropriate for someone with a missing child. Horman has since made her Facebook page  private. 

The search area appeared to expand yet again Saturday, as search and rescue teams and canine units scoured the steep hillside along U.S. 30. A UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter from the Oregon National Guard flew over Sauvie Island multiple times as well, hovering below the tree line in areas along the Multnomah Channel.

Search teams from across Oregon, Washington and Northern California have traveled to Multnomah County to assist in the investigation.

Officials said finding Kyron is still their focus, despite the number of days that have passed since he disappeared. They have no plans to discontinue the hunt, which Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton  said now includes 530 state-certified searchers.

Cost is also not a concern, said Jeff Cogen, chairman of the Multnomah County Board of Commissioners. Although Cogen did not know how much the search has cost, he said he told Staton "to do whatever he needs to do and we'll figure out how to pay for it."

When asked whether investigators were any closer to bringing Kyron home, Sgt. Diana Olsen, who is leading the search, emphatically said yes.

"Absolutely," she said. "Because we know where he's not."

-- Kate Mather
http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/06/post_109.html

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #287 on: June 13, 2010, 12:35:02 AM »

Thank you, cartfly.  I truly appreciate it.  If I may give our group a little plug, take a look at our recently launched website.  Some parts are still in development, but we're getting there!

http://sites.google.com/site/justicefornevaeh/

Thanks!

OT-Wow, just wow!! Thank you for the link. What a beautiful website. All I can say (bowing down to you) is "We're not worthy, We're not worthy"!! (from the movie Wayne's World)
Keep up the great work!! Smile This is exactly the reason I love scared monkeys!

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #288 on: June 13, 2010, 01:52:57 AM »

You know what else bothers me about this lack of security at this school?
I can not bring it forward, but if you look at the beginnings of this thread, there were post of bing and google maps of the school. In the photo, you can see a small road in front of the school, coming from the main road, going up an incline to the soccer fields on the left of the school. Also notice the side of the school that borders the soccer field has an exit door with a double window above it like in the hallway picture of Kyron's class! It looks like anyone could drive right up that incline grab a kid and get out of there with no one seeing anything.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #289 on: June 13, 2010, 01:53:51 AM »

Snipped from Jess's post...

Jess we always come back to something we can agree on. Now let me ask you this...If a person was to take this child out of the school it would take some guts right? After all, they are taking the risk an all out search for this child could happen at any minute, unless there was some way to control that from happening such as the child being marked absent! I looked in this story for who would have enough control and I keep coming back to the teacher.  I know I sound like a broken record, but stranger things have happened. She could have been helping someone who had a plan. It is just gnawing at me.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #290 on: June 13, 2010, 02:03:13 AM »

Cartfly could it be that the step mom and dad both helped with the project? Perhaps the step mom helped with gathering information and the dad helped in getting the project put together? Either way that was a wonderful project and he did a great job.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #291 on: June 13, 2010, 02:15:16 AM »

Cartfly I have had so many different ideas in my head over this case. From someone pulling him into a room, tying him up and taking him out in some kind of container, to it being a master plan of sorts.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #292 on: June 13, 2010, 02:17:54 AM »

For those of you who know about my first five years, I was born in Portland, OR and lived just across the river in Longview/Kelso WA area.  This is the area it all happened.  I know what went on then and continues to go on even today, because it's a transgenerational thing.  Ask yourselves WHY so many (children as well as adults) go missing from this area, without a trace.  I dunno about LE in this day and age.  Yet in Multnomah Co, 51 years ago, they not only knew about it, but turned their heads and looked the other way.  I was rescued from that cult.  But it wasn't by or because of LE.  It was single-handedly by and because of the love of a woman.  She loved and served God, loved children, and was sick and tired of the way we were being treated.  She dared enough to step out and grab at least one child away.  That child was me.   I owe my life to her and to God. 

I don't know what happened to Kyron.  Just like I don't know what happened to Lindsey.  Yet the longer it goes with absolutely no sign of either, the more red flags go down for me in both of these cases.  There are other cases as well, of children and adults who simply vanish.  At times my heart refuses to continue with these cases.  But then I remember the love of a woman, and what she did in the name of love, in the name of God. 

If anyone reading here has info, please step forward.  You may have the piece of info that is needed to bring Kyron to safety.  Call the local LE in Portland, yes.  I am praying that times have changed things regarding LE in that area now.  It appears possible, for all they seem to be doing in Portland for Kyron.  But if no one listens to you, call your local LE office, the FBI, the media.  You can be the one that makes the difference in the life of a child.  Someone, somewhere, knows what happened to this boy.  He needs to be brought to safety... or justice brought on his behalf.

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #293 on: June 13, 2010, 02:32:02 AM »

Awww Wykes ((((((((hugs))))))))) and amen to your post.
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #294 on: June 13, 2010, 02:40:26 AM »

For those of you who know about my first five years, I was born in Portland, OR and lived just across the river in Longview/Kelso WA area.  This is the area it all happened.  I know what went on then and continues to go on even today, because it's a transgenerational thing.  Ask yourselves WHY so many (children as well as adults) go missing from this area, without a trace.  I dunno about LE in this day and age.  Yet in Multnomah Co, 51 years ago, they not only knew about it, but turned their heads and looked the other way.  I was rescued from that cult.  But it wasn't by or because of LE.  It was single-handedly by and because of the love of a woman.  She loved and served God, loved children, and was sick and tired of the way we were being treated.  She dared enough to step out and grab at least one child away.  That child was me.   I owe my life to her and to God. 

I don't know what happened to Kyron.  Just like I don't know what happened to Lindsey.  Yet the longer it goes with absolutely no sign of either, the more red flags go down for me in both of these cases.  There are other cases as well, of children and adults who simply vanish.  At times my heart refuses to continue with these cases.  But then I remember the love of a woman, and what she did in the name of love, in the name of God. 

If anyone reading here has info, please step forward.  You may have the piece of info that is needed to bring Kyron to safety.  Call the local LE in Portland, yes.  I am praying that times have changed things regarding LE in that area now.  It appears possible, for all they seem to be doing in Portland for Kyron.  But if no one listens to you, call your local LE office, the FBI, the media.  You can be the one that makes the difference in the life of a child.  Someone, somewhere, knows what happened to this boy.  He needs to be brought to safety... or justice brought on his behalf.

Very interesting and touching post Wyks. Can you elaborate about why you think LE would have turned a blind eye to people vanishing then or now? What do you feel is going on out there?
Thanks for sharing.

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #295 on: June 13, 2010, 02:46:06 AM »

Cartfly I have had so many different ideas in my head over this case. From someone pulling him into a room, tying him up and taking him out in some kind of container, to it being a master plan of sorts.

Me too!! My imagination is in overdrive.....I mean anyone could pretty much set up shop (porn/meth) in this area and go undetected. It is such a rural area. It looks to be very beautiful but for me it is sort of scary in how remote this area is.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #296 on: June 13, 2010, 03:07:20 AM »

Ok question, did I read today there are 2 janitors for the school and one travels back and forth between 2 schools? hmmm that just hit me when I was in the shower. I am not sure where I read that, it was in an article, perhaps it was here or on Blinks site or one of the news sites.

Blink also made a comment I find interesting, most of the employees of the school had been interviewed, why only most and not all?
so I wonder if there is someone who is missing or unavailable or did they find a poi already and stopped the interviews?

Cartfly sad things is, none of these idea's people are coming up with are things we had never read before. They are all possible, yikes! 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #297 on: June 13, 2010, 03:19:56 AM »

Please can someone help me find something. What is the name of the park they searched, it was a place Kyron or his brother would ride horses? Also, what is the name of the island they searched?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #298 on: June 13, 2010, 03:43:22 AM »

In case this hasn't been seen yet (photo of hallway/stairs/Kyron's class):

http://photos.oregonlive.com/oregonian/2010/06/kyron_horman_search_attracts_1_3.html

Thanks for the pic. so his classroom is up a few stairs. It seems from looking at the pic that is not a door but a window or is that an illusion? It says exit but it seems to not go down to the floor, does that make sense? So I wonder how many other classrooms are on that floor. If the teacher was correct and Kyron went to the bathroom and hadn't returned yet, but then they left only for Kyron to find his self alone in that area.

That janitor looks to be about a 105 years old, lol. not that age is a consideration but when I thought of janitor I was thinking of a younger, stronger person.
It looks like a window to me also with the stairs curving down (not visable). I guess the exit sign signifies that the exit is this way. It looks like going down to that window area is only about 4 steps and then you walk on to that landing area and turn to go down to another 4 steps. I wonder if a fire escape would we something you would have right outside that window? I thought I read there were only 14 classes total for K-8. I also saw on the school website that they offer a before school early drop off care and after school care late pickup till 6:00 pm. I think there was a fee for that. That would bring more "outsiders" working at the school. I will see if I can find it and post.

Just looking back at this pic on a better screen. Would you say the janitor is about 48 or so?
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #299 on: June 13, 2010, 10:36:20 AM »

JessStar...as always...you are a gift to this site....Smile

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.