April 19, 2024, 01:13:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #1 6/5/10 - 6/30/10  (Read 566059 times)
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #360 on: June 14, 2010, 07:17:45 PM »

Fwiw, I believe sweet Kyron will be found in a waterway of some kind, in a container of some kind, being intentionally vague.
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #361 on: June 14, 2010, 07:20:24 PM »

Fwiw, I believe sweet Kyron will be found in a waterway of some kind, in a container of some kind, being intentionally vague.

this case is so sad Sad i posted this on your site too but as soon as i posted it, i realized someone else already had, so sorry for repeating things that had already been posted..

i wonder what is leading them to this specific body of water, and if maybe there is a poi or suspect that has some connection or pings to the area they are currently searching
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #362 on: June 14, 2010, 07:27:06 PM »

There is a school there as well. Perhaps the person that took Kyron also works or is known to go to that school as well?

Who leaves the school during the day? Janitors, therapists, elective type teachers
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #363 on: June 14, 2010, 07:36:11 PM »

There is a school there as well. Perhaps the person that took Kyron also works or is known to go to that school as well?

Who leaves the school during the day? Janitors, therapists, elective type teachers

yes, therapeutic support staff (Tss) workers would also be the type that would come and go, i wonder if kyron had one of these people? 

i also wonder if its possible that perhaps another parent could have taken him.  i know this prob didn't happen but its possible, afterall, melissa huckabee was a mother and still murdered another child.  if it was another parent that was at the school that day for the science fair, it wouldn't raise suspicion that they were at the school, and maybe on their way out of the school they lured Kyron out with them.  This would also make sense if the theory that both kyron and his parents know the perp.  I feel like them knowing another parent might be more likely than them knowing the school janitor, but who knows, i just can't wrap my mind around this..

has anyone else on here considered that maybe another parent could have been involved?
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #364 on: June 14, 2010, 07:43:14 PM »

Sounds like they believe the poor fella was thrown off a bridge, maybe?  Poor sweet Kyron.  :*(
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #365 on: June 14, 2010, 07:45:28 PM »

Oh geez
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #366 on: June 14, 2010, 07:47:32 PM »

http://www.kgw.com/news/Second-grade-student-missing-from-Skyline-Elementary-95670454.html

Kyron Horman search intensifies around Sauvie Island

Video

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #367 on: June 14, 2010, 08:03:25 PM »

hope this wasn't said before...does anyone think that another kid from the school...like an older child could have done something to Kyron?led him away, like that girl who murdered her sisters 9 yr old friend in Missouri...not sure of the name ....Elizabeth ?

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #368 on: June 14, 2010, 08:17:51 PM »

hope this wasn't said before...does anyone think that another kid from the school...like an older child could have done something to Kyron?led him away, like that girl who murdered her sisters 9 yr old friend in Missouri...not sure of the name ....Elizabeth ?

i thought this for a little, but based on where they are searching now i don't think it would be possible.

i think it is possible that a parent that was at the school that morning, who knows both kyron and his parents, could be the perp
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #369 on: June 14, 2010, 08:23:06 PM »

and there is always the possibility that Kyron could have left the school on his own for whatever reason and got lost? dunno...this one is sure a puzzler.... still hoping that he is safe but it isn't looking good...sigh...

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #370 on: June 14, 2010, 08:39:58 PM »

They must know who did this or they wouldn't have been  narrowing in on the Sauvie area.

I think it was someone connected to the school, either by employment (not necessarily employed directly by that district) or a student. As Jess said, someone didn't just walk in off the street and decide to kidnap a child. Somehow they had enough control to get out of that school with Kyron. I think they were working within some kind of routine or it was normal for this person to be leaving the school at that particular time in the morning.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #371 on: June 14, 2010, 08:50:11 PM »

Who were the different venders there that morning? I read they had indendent vendors working the science fair?
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #372 on: June 14, 2010, 09:37:59 PM »

Who were the different venders there that morning? I read they had indendent vendors working the science fair?

i dont remember reading this anywhere but i will check..

also, do you guys think maybe they didn't call it an abduction because they think kyron was deceased by the time he was moved from the school?
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #373 on: June 14, 2010, 10:18:38 PM »

i just joined the facebook group for kyron and was reading through the comments there, needless to say there are a lot of interesting things being said, much of which seems like a rumor mill but there could be some truth to it. if anyone wants to check out the group, go on facebook and type in Kyron Horman, and it comes right up.  I am tryin to copy and paste but the link to the part I was reading is too long and I don't know how to use the tiny URL..

anyway..

one of the comments on there, allegedly from someone with connections to the school, is that they found out that the step moms cell phone pinged to the sauvie island area and that 2 teachers from the school told police that they saw Kyron leave the school with stepmom around 9:15.  IF this was true, it could explain why the teacher felt it was ok to mark him absent. 
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #374 on: June 14, 2010, 10:46:28 PM »

I am having a very difficult time believing anyone but the sm did this.  And I say the sm, not because she's a sm, but because she was the last person seen with the child.  Maybe because that's what my brain is more "comfortable" believing.  It just seems absolutely incredible that another adult, and it seems since they are looking miles away from the school that it must have been an adult, knew what kid to take from the school that day.  What are the chances that a perp was at the school and just happened to choose a kid whose teacher would not mark him absent until at least midday, a child who wouldn't be "missed" until he didn't get off the bus.  I mean, what are the chances that everything fell into place so nice and neatly for the perp?   It just almost defies logic, at least to my way of thinking, that it is anyone other than a family member. 
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #375 on: June 14, 2010, 11:02:43 PM »

I am having a very difficult time believing anyone but the sm did this.  And I say the sm, not because she's a sm, but because she was the last person seen with the child.  Maybe because that's what my brain is more "comfortable" believing.  It just seems absolutely incredible that another adult, and it seems since they are looking miles away from the school that it must have been an adult, knew what kid to take from the school that day.  What are the chances that a perp was at the school and just happened to choose a kid whose teacher would not mark him absent until at least midday, a child who wouldn't be "missed" until he didn't get off the bus.  I mean, what are the chances that everything fell into place so nice and neatly for the perp?   It just almost defies logic, at least to my way of thinking, that it is anyone other than a family member. 

at first i didn't think step mom was involved at all, but now i am starting to have second thoughts.  if you think about it, it is the only thing that makes even a shred of sense (nothing that would hurt a child makes sense to me but you know what i mean).. I'm gonna run with the step mom theory for a second and lay out why i'm starting to feel like maybe its a possibility..

if its true that 2 teachers told police they saw him leave with her, it would explain why a teacher marked him in as absent and didn't call to double check.  someone allegedly saw him leave school with her, so if they saw that, why would they be concerned about his whereabouts? this is the only plausible thing i can think of because this whole teacher/attendance thing has baffled me and everyone else from day one.

i also found it interesting that the police took the time to dispell the rumors about odd behavior from step mom and the family.  i haven't really seen this ever done before during a press conference.  maybe they did this to give step mom a false sense of hope that she is not under suspicion while they quietly build their case against her. 

if its true that they got her cell phone pinging off a tower near the area they are currently searching then that is pretty telling in and of itself.  there had to be something to lead them there and i am sure the step mom was throughly investigated from the beginning.  i'm starting to think that she is involved.
i hope im not upsetting anyone, but this is just my opinion.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #376 on: June 14, 2010, 11:18:29 PM »

sunshine, I haven't posted in this thread until now, and you aren't hurting my feelings at all, I have thought the step mom was involved from the beginning, but didn't want to say that was my thoughts. Sure hope I'm wrong, but can't shake the feeling, seems to make the most sense to me. Pray they find Kyron very soon.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #377 on: June 14, 2010, 11:39:09 PM »

sunshine, I haven't posted in this thread until now, and you aren't hurting my feelings at all, I have thought the step mom was involved from the beginning, but didn't want to say that was my thoughts. Sure hope I'm wrong, but can't shake the feeling, seems to make the most sense to me. Pray they find Kyron very soon.

I hope Kyron is found soon. Prayers for Kyron, his family and friends.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #378 on: June 14, 2010, 11:42:48 PM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_disappearance_ca.html
Kyron Horman's disappearance casts pall on last day of classes at Skyline School
June 14, 2010

Classes end Tuesday at Skyline School with one second-grader noticeably absent from his desk in an otherwise cheerful light-blue room.

Kyron Horman's disappearance cast a pall over the final days of school as searchers crawled over the surrounding hillsides and roads looking for the missing 7-year–old with no success.

"Kids are being kids and laughing, but there's definitely a cloud over the school right now," said Portland schools spokesman Matt Shelby. "They're definitely concerned for Kyron and his family."

Authorities are now investigating the boy's disappearance as a criminal case and sent divers on Monday to Sauvie Island, where they were seen wading in waist-high water off the banks of the Multnomah Channel north of the island bridge. Others waded through a steep-sided ditch nearby.

The mystery of what happened to Kyron has captured national attention, though the investigation has centered on the immediate area around the small K-8 school in the rural northwest corner of Multnomah County.

Kyron vanished from Skyline after showing off his science project on June 4. His stepmother snapped a photo of the boy in front of his project -- a picture now posted on store windows and bulletin boards throughout the region.

Shelby said Skyline is taking steps to provide support to their 300 students once school is out. Immediately after Kyron went missing, the school established a safe room filled with counselors.

"They've seen some different waves of kids coming in," Shelby said. "At the beginning of last week it was mostly younger students who didn't understand why Kyron wasn't in class, but toward the end of the week some of the middle school kids who didn't really know Kyron were having a hard time figuring out what they were feeling."

The services will be available to students throughout summer.

"We don't do this very often," Shelby said. "We have counselors that work with our students for a variety of things, but to have a missing classmate for this amount of time is pretty unprecedented for our folks. We don't know how it's going to play out this summer.

"We're still living this right now. We're in the middle of this and we're still hoping for a positive outcome," he said. "But I think when it's all said and done and we look back on this and we are on the other end, we're going to have a stronger community at that school."

In developments Monday:

Divers: A dive team moved to Sauvie Island, about a six-mile drive from Skyline School. Searchers already have combed parts of the island on horseback and foot, and a helicopter from the Oregon National Guard has hovered over the island and surrounding waters since Thursday.

The search: More than 1,300 trained searchers from Oregon, Washington and Northern California took part in the hunt for Kyron, which sheriff's Capt. Jason Gates said was "arguably the largest ever tried or accomplished in Oregon." Gates thanked the crews for their help, along with the 42 law enforcement agencies and 213 detectives involved in the case. The all-out search for Kyron stopped Sunday and most searchers headed home.

"The gratitude that we express from the sheriff's office is deep," he said. "And they know that when they're needing us we will come to them as well. That's how it works in Oregon. We look out for each other."

What's next:
Investigators will interview Skyline students, parents and staff again and do a secondary canvass of the neighborhood and other "focused areas," Gates said.

"This process is not over. We as an investigative team, the sheriff's office and all the people that are directly involved in this effort are resolute in bringing Kyron home," he said. "This will not become a cold case for us. We will continue to investigate this case until we have it solved."

Who's involved: Local search and rescue teams will remain on call to follow-up on any information that might lead to Kyron, officials said. The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office will continue to lead the investigation, and FBI spokeswoman Beth Anne Steele  said the FIB will remain with the case. "We'll continue to provide whatever Multnomah County wants," Steele said.

Tips: Gates again asked the public to remain vigilant and provide any information that might relate to Kyron's disappearance. Although tips continue to come in steadily, he said no detail is too small. "If you have good information for us, we want it," Gates said. "Any tidbits -- it's the tidbits that gets us to the end."

The tip line is 503-261-2847. The sheriff's office also is offering a $25,000 reward for information that leads to finding Kyron.

Vigil: Friends of Kyron's family are holding a candlelight vigil at 7 Tuesday night to show community support. The vigil is open to the public and will be held in the Sunset Presbyterian Church Sanctuary at 14986 N.W. Cornell Road. It was not known if Kyron's family members will attend, but people will be able to leave notes of encouragement for them at the church. The sanctuary will also be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. if people want to pray for the boy.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #379 on: June 15, 2010, 12:00:41 AM »

Oh gosh no one should be afraid to voice their opinion. We all bring different things to the table and are entitled to say what we feel. Personally I don't think the step mom is involved, mainly because I think if she was going to do something to this child there would have been a history and from what my researched has found, she has nothing in her past to refect she abused him. She is clean or at least I could find anything. Perhaps she snapped and thought she needed to kill him and she put together this plan? Stranger things have happened. I think it was someone involved in the school. I have to say though, neither choice is a good one.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.