April 24, 2024, 07:08:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #1 6/5/10 - 6/30/10  (Read 566867 times)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #420 on: June 15, 2010, 03:01:22 PM »

Interesting fact. A person is no longer a stranger to a child once  they know their name, or they have seen them before or if a relative or friend knows them. 

An isolated incident...That is puzzling. I know one day that statement will make sense. hmmm. I don't know..not sure what that would mean unless they have the person in custody or someone has confessed, how do they know it was isolated? What type of crime is isolated? An accident of some kind?  But what kind of accident would happen at a school during a science fair? What other crimes are isolated? 

First thing that comes to mind when I hear LE use the expression, 'this is an isolated incident'.... is that there is someone in particular LE is convinced is responsible for whatever, and are waiting for hard evidence that will hold up in court. 

And just when I think ok I can sit back and wait... while they are waiting.  But then didn't LE say 'This isn't an abduction'.  ??  (trying to find link).  Which then makes me look back at family members.  Cuz if Kyron is gone, but not abducted.. doesn't that only leave accident and coverup, or gone with family not kidnapped?  Sigh.   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #421 on: June 15, 2010, 03:04:45 PM »

Found this that may explain isolated incident....
Snipped:
http://www.calea.org/Online/newsletter/No75/crime_analysis.htm

Simply put, crime analysis is the study of crime patterns and trends.  Most crime is made up of random, unpredictable, unconnected incidents.  A man seizes the opportunity to steal a laptop left unattended.  An argument in a bar erupts into a fight.  A man is killed in a drug deal gone awry.  A date rape.  Some bullies steal a classmate's hat on the playground.  A bored housewife shoplifts a pair of earrings.  A feud between neighbors leads to a rock thrown through a bedroom window.  These crimes are usually isolated incidents that can be handled with traditional police response, investigation, and court proceedings.

Crime analysts look for crimes that are not part of isolated incidents.  We look for the gas station robber who holds up a different clerk every Friday night; the rapist who stalks women in parks in the eastern half of the city; the pigeon-drop con artist; the repeat auto thief; the group of kids who smash car windows every weekend; the purse snatcher; the domestic violence "hot spot"; the serial killer.  Our job is to identify these patterns and trends and inform the patrol officers, the investigators, and, in many cases, the public.  Based on the information at hand, we try to predict where and when the criminal is going to strike again.  Finally, we work with other members of the department, other city agencies, and the public to develop strategies to eradicate problems.

So I suppose since there hasn't been other reported children missing from schools then it is isolated? That is what I gather anyway. How do they know it is not the first in a series of incidents?

Hmmm.... Interesting, TG, and thought-provoking!  Thanks! 

canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #422 on: June 15, 2010, 03:16:23 PM »

Police share replica of Kyron Horman's glasses

by Teresa Blackman

kgw.com

Posted on June 15, 2010 at 11:19 AM

Updated today at 11:23 AM

PORTLAND – In the ongoing effort to find missing seven-year-old Kyron Horman, police on Monday displayed a replica of the eyeglasses he was wearing the day he disappeared.

The photo above and the photo gallery in the right column of this story display an exact match of the model, brand and color of Kyron's eyeglass frames, according to police.

“These photos should be used with photos of likenesses of Kyron's clothing released earlier this week to raise public awareness as the search for Kyron continues,” said Capt. Drew Brosh with the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office.

Last week, police displayed replicas of the clothing Kyron was wearing the day he vanished. (See photo below)

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Police-display-replica-of-glasses-worn-by-Kyron-Horman-96398984.html
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #423 on: June 15, 2010, 03:20:42 PM »

Interesting fact. A person is no longer a stranger to a child once  they know their name, or they have seen them before or if a relative or friend knows them. 

An isolated incident...That is puzzling. I know one day that statement will make sense. hmmm. I don't know..not sure what that would mean unless they have the person in custody or someone has confessed, how do they know it was isolated? What type of crime is isolated? An accident of some kind?  But what kind of accident would happen at a school during a science fair? What other crimes are isolated? 

First thing that comes to mind when I hear LE use the expression, 'this is an isolated incident'.... is that there is someone in particular LE is convinced is responsible for whatever, and are waiting for hard evidence that will hold up in court. 

And just when I think ok I can sit back and wait... while they are waiting.  But then didn't LE say 'This isn't an abduction'.  ??  (trying to find link).  Which then makes me look back at family members.  Cuz if Kyron is gone, but not abducted.. doesn't that only leave accident and coverup, or gone with family not kidnapped?  Sigh.   

Oh gosh Wykes how many times have we heard Le say they can't say it was an abduction or a kidnapping? Lets see there was Tori, Sandra, Summer to name 3 off the top of my head that obviously were kidnapped. To me, that doesn't carry much weight. Possibly being lured doesnt'= kidnapping, for some reason or so it seems.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #424 on: June 15, 2010, 03:22:21 PM »

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"It's not a search-and-rescue operation anymore," Gates said.
(Multnomah County Sheriff's Capt. Jason Gates)

http://www.columbian.com/news/2010/jun/15/search-fro-missing-ore-boy-intensifies-around-sauv/

~~

ie: they are now looking for Kyron's body.  <cries>

canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #425 on: June 15, 2010, 03:33:03 PM »

Search for missing Ore. boy intensifies around Sauvie Island

By Associated Press

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Portland, OR — Authorities overseeing one of the largest search-and-rescue operations in state history said Monday that a missing 7-year-old Portland boy likely didn't simply walk away from school when he disappeared 11 days ago.

Multnomah County Sheriff's Capt. Jason Gates said the massive search for Kyron Horman has been scaled back, but it continues as a criminal investigation. Kyron went missing June 4 after a science fair at his elementary school.

"The process is not over," Gates said. "We as an investigative team are resolved to bring Kyron home. This will not become a cold case for us."

The teams searching for Kyron had included more than 1,300 volunteers from across the state, as well as from southern Washington state and northern California. Most of those teams were sent home Sunday.

A more limited search team from Multnomah County will canvass Skyline Elementary School again this week. That's where Kyron was reportedly last seen.

"It's not a search-and-rescue operation anymore," Gates said.

Dive crews on Monday afternoon searched the Columbia River in the Sauvie Island area. It was the second time crews have focused on the area. On Friday, sheriff's office horse trailers were seen at the bottom of the Sauvie Island Bridge.

The sheriff's office said tips led them to search around Sauvie Island, but declined to elaborate.

Gates said parents in the area around Skyline shouldn't take extra precautions with their children. Authorities have said since the earliest days of the investigation that they believe Kyron's disappearance was an isolated case.

"There is no reason to believe that the kids are in any danger here," Gates said.

The sheriff's office has offered a $25,000 reward for information that leads to the boy. Anyone with information is asked to call the tip line at (503) 261-2847.

Despite the announcement that the disappearance is now being investigated as a criminal case, the sheriff's office has refused to say whether they have identified any suspects or have any theories about Kyron's disappearance. Gates reiterated Monday that the release of any details could compromise the investigation.

Kyron's family, including his mother, stepmother, stepfather and father, have made two public appearances. In the first one Friday, they pleaded for Kyron's return but would not take questions. They re-emerged Sunday at a press conference but did not release a statement.

Capt. Monte Reiser of the sheriff's office has said that authorities can charge a suspect without finding Kyron.

The search-and-rescue teams spent 10 days combing the two-mile radius around the school, as well as "individual areas" which Gates again declined to identify Monday.

Gates said the sheriff's office will establish a "war room" in their downtown Portland building which will be dedicated to the search and investigation.

http://www.columbian.com/news/2010/jun/15/search-fro-missing-ore-boy-intensifies-around-sauv/

~~~~~~~~~~~

Seems to me that they have an idea who took Kyron.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #426 on: June 15, 2010, 03:33:58 PM »

This post over at IS, is rather startling to me.. Quoting in part:

LCLW
post #78
06-15-2010, 12:25 PM

".......... 30 years ago, Stacy Wilmoth was a second grader and a STRANGER came into her school and abducted her straight out of her school without anyone seeing her.

He then beat and raped her and thought she was dead. He threw her down a steep embankment and a passing motorist found her by hearing her cries as she stood among some garbage bags there.

One of the MAIN reasons this case has EVERYTHING TO DO WITH KYRON is because Stacy's abductor and assailant NEVER WAS FOUND. Not even a suspect. AND her abduction was in nearly an exact distance from Portland, Oregon only to the east.

I posted about this extensively on a previous thread.

Skyline Elementary is nearly the identical distance to the west as Gresham Elementary is to the East. The ODDS of two second graders being kidnapped out of their schools without a trace, that close in distance are astronomical.
"

http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?p=14246690

~~~

< insert blinking in shock monkey, here > 

canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #427 on: June 15, 2010, 03:39:09 PM »

This post over at IS, is rather startling to me.. Quoting in part:

LCLW
post #78
06-15-2010, 12:25 PM

".......... 30 years ago, Stacy Wilmoth was a second grader and a STRANGER came into her school and abducted her straight out of her school without anyone seeing her.

He then beat and raped her and thought she was dead. He threw her down a steep embankment and a passing motorist found her by hearing her cries as she stood among some garbage bags there.

One of the MAIN reasons this case has EVERYTHING TO DO WITH KYRON is because Stacy's abductor and assailant NEVER WAS FOUND. Not even a suspect. AND her abduction was in nearly an exact distance from Portland, Oregon only to the east.

I posted about this extensively on a previous thread.

Skyline Elementary is nearly the identical distance to the west as Gresham Elementary is to the East. The ODDS of two second graders being kidnapped out of their schools without a trace, that close in distance are astronomical.
"

http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?p=14246690

~~~

< insert blinking in shock monkey, here > 

wow!
pamomma
Scared Monkey

« Reply #428 on: June 15, 2010, 03:39:23 PM »

Only 'accident' at school I can think of atm, is if Kyron found the 'electric' project, touched it, and got good and zapped.  ???  Dunno. 

I saw a picture of Kyron's classroom and it is at the top of a flight of stairs...could the accident have to do with those stairs? I got a bad feeling the first time I looked at that picture.  Here is a link to it:
http://photos.oregonlive.com/oregonian/2010/06/kyron_horman_search_attracts_1_3.html

Here is a link to a bunch of pictures of Kyron, including some of their family.
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Kyron%20Horman%20%20-OR-/?start=0

this one makes me particularly sad...they just look so happy
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Kyron%20Horman%20%20-OR-/?action=view&current=kyronhalloween2009.jpg
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #429 on: June 15, 2010, 03:41:30 PM »

One would think that 30 years ago, when the situation happened with that little girl, vanishing from her school without a trace.... that all the schools in Oregon would then have immediately put many precautions into place.  To ensure that would never happen again to another student in any of their schools.  Sad to realize they seem to have waited for it to happen again before scrambling to put tighter safety precautions into place.  If I were a parent in Oregon, I be one hisssssssssed off mama!! 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #430 on: June 15, 2010, 03:45:08 PM »

Oh gosh Wykes how many times have we heard Le say they can't say it was an abduction or a kidnapping? Lets see there was Tori, Sandra, Summer to name 3 off the top of my head that obviously were kidnapped. To me, that doesn't carry much weight. Possibly being lured doesnt'= kidnapping, for some reason or so it seems.

Yeah, that's soooooo true, TG.  I gotta keep that in mind when listening to these LE pressers.  Sigh. 

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #431 on: June 15, 2010, 03:46:31 PM »

Yesterday I asked the question who in a school could come and go and not have that seem odd. I said possibly a therapist or a janitor..I will add, a substiture teacher or aide or what concers me are maintance people which would do a different type of job from a janitor. These people are sometimes contracted in so the districts do not have to pay benefits. The only down fall is they do not always have backround checks done. At my children's school they come and go and are often seen around campus.  Just something to consider I suppose
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #432 on: June 15, 2010, 03:47:23 PM »

This is so sad and my heart is breaking for little Kyron.  For the rest of my life, when i hear "red eyed tree frog" I will ALWAYS think of this little guy. 

I'm thinking that a man is the perpetrator and that the crime was sexually motivated. I also think it could be another parent from the school that is responsible because it would be the perfect opportunity.  Perhaps it was another parent that Kyron knew and Kyron's parents knew from play dates or sports.  I also agree with what Traceygirl said earlier about how these perps might get high off taking children in risky situations, and that it adds to their rush. 
canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #433 on: June 15, 2010, 03:47:25 PM »

Here's a link to an article about Stacy Wilmoth.  It's the actual newspaper which is a little strange.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1310&dat=19780428&id=lW4RAAAAIBAJ&sjid=8-EDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6815,7923623
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #434 on: June 15, 2010, 03:49:52 PM »

I don't think that an accident happened at school..what reason would a person have to not report it? then they would hide his body? doesn't make sense to me but a lot of things don't in this case...I really don't know what to think ...

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #435 on: June 15, 2010, 03:52:57 PM »

This is just getting stranger and stranger, really don't know what to think about this. I lean towards a family member, and then it appears that it could be a SO. What makes LE think that Kyron is in some type of container/suitcase? Was there a tip or something I wonder?
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #436 on: June 15, 2010, 03:53:53 PM »

Wonder how long it will take LE/FBI to search an island that has a river and 6 lakes???  An eternity?

http://sauvieisland.org/visitor-information/qa/

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #437 on: June 15, 2010, 04:00:52 PM »

Wonder how long it will take LE/FBI to search an island that has a river and 6 lakes???  An eternity?

http://sauvieisland.org/visitor-information/qa/

Will certainly take awhile.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #438 on: June 15, 2010, 04:03:14 PM »

This is just getting stranger and stranger, really don't know what to think about this. I lean towards a family member, and then it appears that it could be a SO. What makes LE think that Kyron is in some type of container/suitcase? Was there a tip or something I wonder?

I hear ya!! 

Not sure what makes LE think anything these days, it all seems so confusing.  Don't think they've said anything specific about a tip/lead on a container.  They did say it was a tip/lead which led to the island search/dive.  But I dunno whether to believe that's it exactly, cuz am thinking it was cell phone pings that actually led them there in the first place.  Maybe LE trying to keep things 'generic', not specific? 

In thinking about it all, LE may be thinking 'container' because Kyron supposedly was not seen or traced by dogs actually leaving the bldg.  Well, supposedly not.. from what's been reported by LE anyway. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #439 on: June 15, 2010, 04:09:05 PM »

Here's a link to an article about Stacy Wilmoth.  It's the actual newspaper which is a little strange.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1310&dat=19780428&id=lW4RAAAAIBAJ&sjid=8-EDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6815,7923623

Thanks for that link, canadianmonkey!  Amazing that article still exists today, 1978 is such a long time ago!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.