April 23, 2024, 12:43:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #1 6/5/10 - 6/30/10  (Read 566690 times)
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #520 on: June 17, 2010, 09:43:58 PM »

I have said from the beginning that SM's story did not make sense to me. I really think that something is wrong in the story. I know people are saying that she posted the gym comment because she was told to go about her normal life while the police were investigating - sorry, but I MAY have gone to the gym to work off anxiety but I would not post it on facebook.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #521 on: June 17, 2010, 09:47:19 PM »

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/news/topstories/story/Rumors-swirl-around-Horman-investigation/WPjHVDbfQkulpM6um9gubQ.cspx

Rumors swirl around Horman investigation

Last Update: 4:33 pm

PORTLAND, Ore. – The Internet may have made communication and access to information easier (at least more convenient), but www could stand for the Wild Wild West instead of World Wide Web when it comes to verification of rumors.

A sad case in point is a torrent of “news” swirling around the Kyron Horman investigation.

Multiple postings on multiple web sites claim multiple outcomes—some have various people arrested, others have various results to the search for the missing 2nd grader—all of which the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office have denounced

“The social networking sites with Twitter and Facebook, someone posts something and it gets out there,” said Mary Lindstrom with Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office. “There is a rumor out there that Kyron’s been found and someone’s been arrested. No, that has not happened. It’s not true.”

Lindstrom said rumors on websites are hurtful.

“If a family member reads that, they would get their hopes up,” she said. “People need to be careful about what they are posting. There’s a lot at risk. The family is going through a lot.”

In addition to rumors on the web, people soliciting donation to help with the search effort or to give to the family may not be who they claim.

“It’s sad, but it happens in a lot of tragedies were people pull these scams,” Lindstrom said. “Be aware that people will take advantage of you when there is a tragedy going on.”

Along with online scams asking for donations, scam artists have been calling people asking for money.

The Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office said the Horman family has not asked anyone to call for donations.

Check the comments to the article. Apparently KOIN.com had reported that Kyron's body had been found. Then they took the news article down.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #522 on: June 17, 2010, 09:47:47 PM »

Kyron

In this photo, we can see his eyes a bit more easily, as they are more wide open, and this is a close-up pic. 

Cover up his smile with your hand and look at the expression in his eyes.  What do you guys see? 

A happy go-lucky lil guy? 

(found pic at):
http://gawker.com/

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #523 on: June 17, 2010, 09:52:08 PM »

I have said from the beginning that SM's story did not make sense to me. I really think that something is wrong in the story. I know people are saying that she posted the gym comment because she was told to go about her normal life while the police were investigating - sorry, but I MAY have gone to the gym to work off anxiety but I would not post it on facebook.
I agree with you, from the beginning I was suspicious of the step mom.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #524 on: June 17, 2010, 09:55:45 PM »

Kyron

In this photo, we can see his eyes a bit more easily, as they are more wide open, and this is a close-up pic. 

Cover up his smile with your hand and look at the expression in his eyes.  What do you guys see? 

A happy go-lucky lil guy? 

(found pic at):
http://gawker.com/

I'm not sure Wyks, what do you see?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #525 on: June 17, 2010, 09:59:52 PM »

Where did the person writing the blog get the information about the cell phone pings? Sorry but I have been trying to wade through rumor vs fact all day on this case. Everything has gotten so muddled up that it is difficult.

I think LE is responsible for this happening. They need to release information on who they believe is responsible. If they have a POI then they need to say so because if it is not this woman, her life is ruined. If it is her, fine then say so! 

Wykes I see a little boy with big blue eyes. I don't see a sad little guy or a happy little guy, just a little boy. If you or others see a sad one, remember we don't know when this pic was taken, if he was ill or not, if he was upset because he didn't get to have a cookie before the pic. We do not know...that is the point I think, we do not know.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #526 on: June 17, 2010, 10:00:48 PM »

Check the comments to the article. Apparently KOIN.com had reported that Kyron's body had been found. Then they took the news article down.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/news/topstories/story/Rumors-swirl-around-Horman-investigation/WPjHVDbfQkulpM6um9gubQ.cspx

A outcry from readers in comments section over a several hour period, then this was posted:

KOIN has appologized on the KYRON HORMAN FB PAGE:
KOINLocal6.com regrets the false posting on our website that Kyron Horman had been found. We apologize for the obvious emotional stress that this posting created. The posting was the result of internal miscommunication, and should not have occurred. This incident has prompted additional internal polices to prevent further occurrences

Eyes-wide-open on a few of the other comments as well.  <gulp>

Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #527 on: June 17, 2010, 10:09:42 PM »

EVEN if the police had suggested they go on with their activities, how can someone go on??? Specially the first few days???

Sure, they suggested it, but they maybe didn't expect a grieving father or mother to continue being the social butterfly a day or two after the disappearance.

MOO.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #528 on: June 17, 2010, 10:10:50 PM »

Where did the person writing the blog get the information about the cell phone pings? Sorry but I have been trying to wade through rumor vs fact all day on this case. Everything has gotten so muddled up that it is difficult.

I think LE is responsible for this happening. They need to release information on who they believe is responsible. If they have a POI then they need to say so because if it is not this woman, her life is ruined. If it is her, fine then say so! 

Wykes I see a little boy with big blue eyes. I don't see a sad little guy or a happy little guy, just a little boy. If you or others see a sad one, remember we don't know when this pic was taken, if he was ill or not, if he was upset because he didn't get to have a cookie before the pic. We do not know...that is the point I think, we do not know.

Points well taken, TG. 

Rosie..
I see a smile that stops at the top of his cute lil cheeks.  There may not be tears in those eyes, yet there is definitely no smile in them either.

One pic.. prolly doesn't mean anything.  It's just something I noticed, wasn't even looking for, it just reached out and grabbed my heart.  Sad 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #529 on: June 17, 2010, 10:14:46 PM »

Points well taken, TG. 

Rosie..
I see a smile that stops at the top of his cute lil cheeks.  There may not be tears in those eyes, yet there is definitely no smile in them either.

One pic.. prolly doesn't mean anything.  It's just something I noticed, wasn't even looking for, it just reached out and grabbed my heart.  Sad 

Thank-you, I see what you are saying.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #530 on: June 17, 2010, 10:43:38 PM »

Rosie..

Thank-you, I see what you are saying.

You're welcome!  Smile 

Been watching for different pics of Kyron, wanting to see more of him grouped with family, friends, his kitty, anything other than just.. alone.    Was glad to see a nice closeup of him.  And the one with his bro in the pile of leaves makes me smile.  He was having fun there!  Smile 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #531 on: June 17, 2010, 10:48:23 PM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/rumor_mill_in_kyron_horman_dis.html
Rumor mill in Kyron Horman disappearance reaches pitch fever
June 17, 2010

Two weeks into the investigation of 7-year-old Kyron Horman's disappearance, one of the few things certain about the case is that rampant rumors show no signs of abating.

Various reports poured in Thursday from different social media outlets claiming breaking developments. The phenomenon began with the first news of the second-grader's disappearance June 4 from Skyline School, but now appears to be intensifying. Among the false claims: an arrest in the case and that Kyron had been found.

Sheriff's officials were not only quick to denounce the speculation, but also expressed concern about the effect the rumors might have on Kyron's family. "They're not thinking about how the information that they're spreading can affect others," said Lt. Mary Lindstrand, spokeswoman for the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office.
The sheriff's office has been fielding calls from the public in response to the erroneous information spreading online, she said.

Although much of the speculation originates on Facebook and Twitter, Portland TV station KOIN posted a story on its website Thursday afternoon with the headline, "Kyron Horman's body found."

KOIN News Director Lynn Heider  said the post was a mistake and only appeared online, not on any broadcast.

"We apologize for the obvious emotional stress that this posting created," the station said in a statement on its website. "The posting was the result of internal miscommunication, and should not have occurred. This incident has prompted additional internal policies to prevent further occurrences."

Earlier in the investigation, online commentary regarding the behavior of Kyron's family prompted sheriff's officials to address some of the public speculation directly.

Capt. Mike Shults,  who has worked closely with the Horman family, explained that the family members hadn't participated in the ground search for Kyron because investigators had asked them to remain in one place so they could be easily reached. His comments came after Terri Moulton Horman, Kyron's stepmother, was criticized on some online outlets for posting on her Facebook page, including saying she was "hitting the gym" shortly after Kyron disappeared.

Shults said he had asked family members to maintain their regular routines in an effort to stay healthy once it became apparent that the search for Kyron wouldn't be resolved quickly.

Public speculation isn't unusual in an emotional case like that of a missing child -- it's often a coping device to deal with distress, anger and fear, said Lauri Stevens, principal of LAwS Communications , a Massachusetts-based group that provides online media advice to law enforcement agencies.

Stevens isn't involved in the Kyron Horman case, but said in general, many people often don't consider the impact their commentary can have.

"Social media has made it possible for people to create their own content so easily and many people don't appreciate the reach their message has when they type it into Facebook, etc." Stevens said in an e-mail interview.

"The other thing that unfortunately doesn't come into play often enough is good judgment on the part of the receivers of the information," Stevens said. "People tend to believe the things they read without any critical thought. Whether or not what they read is true or not, they're going to respond."

Despite the many rumors surrounding the case, investigators have remained focused on the task at hand, Lindstrand said.

"They're on their mission and their mission is to find Kyron and bring him home," she said. "They know that these rumors are not true."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #532 on: June 17, 2010, 10:55:43 PM »

someone by the name of Kristian Horman was arrested yesterday for child molestation in Snohomish County...not sure if this person is related to Kyron or not, but he is being held without bail..i am working on getting a link..they are talking about it over on insessions..

http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?t=369365&page=10
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #533 on: June 17, 2010, 10:57:17 PM »

Well one thing is for sure.. if even one of the most recent 'rumors' turns out to be true.. then it will be completely understandable IMO why the silence on the part of so many.   

Kinda doubt we can sort thru things as to which is rumor or fact in such early days of a case.  Besides looking for court records and such.  Usually it takes time for things in a case to unfold before realizing which rumors (early 'info' posted by locals etc) are indeed fact.

Still and all, frustrating tho.  I hear ya TG. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #534 on: June 17, 2010, 11:15:40 PM »

someone by the name of Kristian Horman was arrested yesterday for child molestation in Snohomish County...not sure if this person is related to Kyron or not, but he is being held without bail..i am working on getting a link..they are talking about it over on insessions..

ugh.  wonder how old his victim was?  am over at IS reading now.  this male (whether related to kyron or not) has two daughters.  Sad 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #535 on: June 17, 2010, 11:22:05 PM »

From IS:

Classmate.com has the following people as graduation from Shorecrest High school in Oregon:

1. Kaine Horman, class of 1992 (would be 36 now, same as the Kaine Horman in question as Kyron's dad), and

2. Kristian Horman, class of 1995

SOOOO, IMO IMO JMO, they are definitely related, probably brothers or if not, then cousins.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #536 on: June 17, 2010, 11:24:11 PM »

From Intelius:

Kaine Andrew Horman (36)

Portland, OR
Aloha, OR
Beaverton, OR
Seattle, WA

Desiree A Horman (50)
Mel Horman
Melvin H Horman (86)
Chris Horman
Joyce Pauline Horman (84)
Kristian S Horman (32)
Kelly S Horman (39)
R N Horman (63)

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #537 on: June 17, 2010, 11:24:18 PM »

blink just confirmed its his uncle

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/06/17/kyron-horman-case-uncle-kristian-horman-is-arrested-for-child-molestation/
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #538 on: June 17, 2010, 11:28:02 PM »

Hmmmm..  NO BAIL.. ???  Very interesting. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #539 on: June 17, 2010, 11:29:49 PM »

Sad.. but true.  <sigh> 

thanks Sunshine. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.