April 19, 2024, 08:01:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #1 6/5/10 - 6/30/10  (Read 566118 times)
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2010, 10:27:44 PM »

I just caught this on the news this afternoon, and my heart aches for this child. Hopefully he will be found safe and sound.

In trying to find answers with the little bit that's been covered in the media, I gotta note the following:

The step mother drives him to school because of the science fair, takes a picture, but she will not go to the talent show, and she will not pick him up after school.

It's been three days since his disappearance, has the boy's father or step mother gone on TV to ask for the kid's safe return? The sheriff did, but why hadn't the father and step-mother gone public to ask the kidnapper to return their son?

On http://www.katu.com/news/local/95808084.html Jason Gates says they aren't talking unless it could help the investigation. WTH?

The bio-mother asked her sister/speaker to deliver her message to the media. I read the bio-mom had visitations every few weeks, but why didn't she have primary custody? Just wondering on this one.

The boy had the jacket and book bag on his seat in the classroom... but he was marked absent. When was he marked as being absent if he was there earlier than 8:35am?

There were parents in the building for the science fair, hopefully they were all parents and not any pedophile in search of a victim.

The children will know whose parents were there, as they know the other kids (as in "Timmy's dad was there")... better than parents knowing whose parents belong to which kid.

I wouldn't think he would leave the school grounds on his own accord, without taking his jacket or book bag, or anyone noticing.

Whatever happened, happened between the times when he posed for the science fair picture, and the time when his class started and he was marked absent.

In my opinion, the teacher who said he/she saw the child later in the morning should be doubted, I would think. He/she is probably mistaken, or lied. Nobody else reported seeing the child anywhere in the school, and it seems odd that a single person saw him and didn't tell the kid to go to his classroom, or reported him to the office.

I know in other boards people are already blaming the step-mother. I wouldn't do it without more information.

I tried finding information on her, but other than her facebook page, there isn't much.

My first gut instinct says it was one of the visiting parents.

Maybe Kyron forgot something at the science fair room, and went back to get it, and got into a conversation with someone. Then, again, in this day and age stranger things have happened, so anyone should indeed be a POI.

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2010, 11:12:14 PM »

http://www.bing.com/maps/#JnE9LjExNTM2K253K3NreWxpbmUrYmx2ZCtwb3J0bGFuZCtvcmVnb24rOTcyMzElN2Vzc3QuMCU3ZXBnLjEmYmI9NDUuNTI0NjI0OTI3MzI2MyU3ZS0xMjIuNzUwNjMxNjMzNjY3JTdlNDUuNTIxNDY3ODQ1MzE0MSU3ZS0xMjIuNzYwMjg3NTg2MTIx

This supposedly is a bing map of the school.  I went all around the school and there seems to be 4 exits. One on each side, front, left, back and side. I don't think they even have a fence around the school. There should be a law that all schools have to have fencing and camera's. It needs to be included in the federal educational guidelines. This is just not right. Small town or not, obviously kids go missing.

Thanks Tracy for the link to the bing maps. I really like that you can see behind buildings. I never could get google maps to do that! I did notice at street level on google maps, there is a fence in the front of the school at the road where the playground is but I couldn't tell if there was one around the perimeter to the left of the school where the soccer field/track (?) is.
I agree it should be a law that all schools have fencing and camera's. In the world we live in, no one is safe or immune anymore.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2010, 12:00:50 AM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_search_attracts_1.html
(Video)
Kyron Horman search attracts 1,200 tips, but still no sign of the Portland second-grader
June 7, 2010

A student at Skyline School arrives Monday, passing a big sign of missing Kyron Horman. The FBI placed the photos along teh road near the school entrance.

Searchers emerged Monday from the tall grass and lonesome forest shadows around Northwest Portland's Skyline School, convinced they had explored every area that a wandering 7-year-old boy might go.

For the fourth straight day, they found no trace of missing second-grader Kyron Horman.

Multnomah County Sheriff's Capt. Jason Gates, however, insisted the investigation was making progress, especially after receiving some 1,200 tips from across Oregon. With tears welling in his eyes, the incident commander said the search for the boy had become personal.

"Kyron, we're gonna bring you home, buddy, nothing is more important to your family, your friends and us," Gates said, choking back a sob during a news conference. "I'm a parent and we're all tired, but we're staying -- as long as it takes."
After torrential rains drove searchers away Sunday, authorities finished combing what FBI officials called "high probability" areas -- where search tables show a 7-year-old might go if he wandered off. They also completed checking the 2-mile area from Skyline to Kyron's home.

Investigators said they were still trying to work out a plan for day five today. "I don't know what they'll be searching for, but there will be searchers available," said Multnomah County Sheriff's Lt. Mary Lindstrand.  "Much of it depends on what develops during the night."

With Kyron's disappearance getting national exposure from NBC's "Today Show" to People.com, some Skyline parents kept their children home from the K-8 school.

Still, laughter and bouncing balls filled the playground during an afternoon recess. Some children clung to a chain-link fence, gazing through the holes at the satellite dishes periscoping toward the sky from television trucks parked across the street.

Nestled among farms, an old grange and hillside homes with long driveways, Skyline School is 10 miles northwest of downtown Portland as the crow flies. Neighbors congregating at Brooks Hill Historic Church across the street from the school said they couldn't believe something so heartbreaking had happened in their community.
"I was hoping it would be a one-day thing," one neighbor was overheard saying.

Kyron was last seen inside Skyline at 9 a.m. last Friday, a busy day thanks to a morning science fair and afternoon talent show. Authorities launched an intensive search and investigation into his disappearance that afternoon and continued through the weekend.

On Monday, 18 certified search and rescue volunteers resumed sweeping the area near the school as deputies canvassed the neighborhood, handing out fliers and jotting down license plate numbers of passing vehicles.

Kelly Ramirez, the sister of Kyron's mother, Desiree Horman, issued a statement on behalf of the family thanking searchers and the community.

She said her sister is struggling to keep positive. "There's no words. It's unfathomable," she said. "You just try to keep positive. We firmly believe that he will be found. We trust in the system. We know that everything humanly possible is being done."

Ramirez said the most important thing anyone could do was print fliers with Kyron's photo and post them wherever possible.

"Kyron needs to be seen," she said. "Above all, do not give up hope, as we certainly never will. He is out there and we are going to find him and bring him home safe where he belongs."

Gates, the incident commander, said he was feeling closer to finding the boy "because we're getting leads that we're following up on."

"We're also eliminating areas that Kyron is not," he said.

Some tips have reached into Washington state, he said, without elaborating. At the same time, he expressed frustration that some people have called in nonsensical tips. "Since he did his science fair project on tree frogs," Gates said, "they'll call and say, 'He went to live with the tree frogs.' It wastes a lot of time."

Authorities had previously reported that Kyron's stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, was the last to see the boy about 8:45 a.m. as he walked to his classroom. The two had attended a science fair, where the bespectacled boy with the gap-toothed grin posed for the photo now showing up on the missing fliers.

But investigators now say Kyron was last seen at 9 a.m. inside the school, but declined to say by whom or where.

Inside the long red brick building, Portland Public Schools spokesman Matt Shelby said mental health counselors and substitute teachers were available to help kids and staffers cope. Twice as many students stayed home as usual, Shelby said, 45 compared to the typical 20 absentees.

Skyline is one of the smallest schools in Portland's school district and one of only a handful with fewer than 40 second-graders. Skyline's official enrollment this year was listed at slightly fewer than 300 students in kindergarten through eighth grade, including 37 second-graders.

More than 60 percent of the school's parents and staff have responded to an FBI and police request to come to Skyline to be interviewed. Eventually, Gates said, investigators will start contacting those who haven't voluntarily come forward.

Investigators are holding tight to any clues or leads they might be pursuing. When asked about neighbors reporting a mysterious white pickup in the area, Gates said he didn't feel comfortable answering such questions.

At the same time, he asked for additional witnesses to come forward if they have helpful information. Tips can be directed to 503-261-2847.

"Any small tidbit that you might have," Gates said, "just might be the information that we need."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2010, 01:39:53 AM »

(video interview @link with David Vaughn

Sighting Prompts Truck Driver To Call Tip Line

POSTED: 5:56 pm PDT June 7, 2010
UPDATED: 7:55 pm PDT June 7, 2010

PORTLAND, Ore. -- A truck driver said he saw a child who resembled a missing second-grade boy on Highway 26 on Saturday afternoon.

David Vaughan said he was driving toward Portland when a pickup truck turned in front of him onto Salmon Berry Road in western Washington County. Vaughan said he slammed his brakes to avoid a collision with the gray or black truck.

He said he saw a boy in the front seat who looked like Kyron Horman.

"I saw this young boy looking out the window at me (with) a startled look on his face and that was it until I got home that evening. My wife and I were talking and we saw this come on the news, and it flashed that this looked very familiar to me -- a very distinctive young man and I thought it was worth making a call," Vaughan said.

Vaughan said he received a call back from an FBI agent Monday morning.

Multnomah County sheriff's spokesman said investigators received more than 1,200 tips about the boy who was last seen at Skyline Elementary School in rural northwest Portland on Friday.

http://www.kptv.com/news/23824427/detail.html

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2010, 02:01:42 AM »

Found this link with a video at this site. The video has a ton of pictures of Kyron.  He looks like such a sweet and thoughtful boy.  I sure hope he is found soon.

http://open.salon.com/blog/bonnie_russell/2010/06/07/hey_osers_-_have_you_seen_second_grader_kyron_horman

This lady seems to be a local and there are a lot of comments at the bottom of the page.

Starlit
Scared Monkey

« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2010, 02:44:30 AM »

As a mom, IMO, I find this science fair a perfect opportunity for a sex offender to get onto school campus. The step-mom doesnt really set off my hinky meater either. Just sayin. I will be prayin for this little boy.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2010, 08:30:09 AM »

just finding it odd that Kyron was seen at the science fair right? wouldn't a teacher have seen him there too? and wouldn't his own teacher have seen him at the science fair? why then was he marked absent while his book bag was lying on his desk/seat? and during role call, if they have one, another child would not have said, he is here. and that would have set off a warning wouldn't it? I too am wondering why the step mom or the father have not spoken out on Kyron's behalf..at least to speak to him through the tv, that they are looking for him etc..
 I suppose that there was a lot of confusion with the science fair and all the adults milling around who are not normally there...
but again, the talent show going on and no one related to Kyron was going to watch him? odd again..to me.
my hinky meter is not going off..just toooooo many questions...no different than any other childs disappearance I suppose..We have to look at everyone around the child.

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2010, 08:43:58 AM »

Just checked stepmom's FB and in reply to someone 5-7 hours ago she states she will be hitting the gym today and didn't get home til 8.  WTF???  Granted I would not react like this but how can you even think of working on yourself when a child is missing?  Sorry, I still can't bring a link over and you guys have shown me plenty of times!!!  Something is very weird in this case.  Maybe he's just lost in the woods like the other little girl a couple of months back.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2010, 08:56:44 AM »

Just checked stepmom's FB and in reply to someone 5-7 hours ago she states she will be hitting the gym today and didn't get home til 8.  WTF???  Granted I would not react like this but how can you even think of working on yourself when a child is missing?  Sorry, I still can't bring a link over and you guys have shown me plenty of times!!!  Something is very weird in this case.  Maybe he's just lost in the woods like the other little girl a couple of months back.

if my child was missing, I hardly think that I would find the inclination to go on fb and talk about myself..but hey, that is just me...
hopefully he is just lost in the woods. That would be the best scenario at this moment.
but I would be out searching for him myself wouldn't you?

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2010, 09:05:42 AM »

Amen!  I would either be in a straight jacket or retracing my steps constantly and searching.  I still feel like she had something to do with this.  MOO, why no plead from them in the media?  Even the guilty ones do that.  I don't get this one at all.
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2010, 10:49:44 AM »

Not that it makes a difference, or adds to the investigation, but I'm writing this just for the overall picture or knowledge of the family situation, or for those who want to do further research.

I used a people search engine and found four adults to the household. One is the father Kaine, Desiree McCullough, Terri L. Ecker, and Terri Lynn Ecker.

Kaine is the father, has worked for Intel for a few years.

Desiree (Horman) McCullough is the ex-wife, Kyron's bio-mother.

The other two names for Terri Ecker must be for Terri Horman.

I found an adoption entry in adoption.com for her, and the birthdate is in March 1970, which comes to about the same age (40 years) for the step-mother. The place of birth was in California.

Someone is keeping a GREAT facebook page for Kyron:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Missing-Kyron-Horman/125336750831264?v=wall

This is Kaine's facebook, too:

http://www.facebook.com/people/Kaine-Horman/1512276158

newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2010, 05:18:36 PM »

This is a sad and strange case.  Though the family is always the first we look at I do not think they are guilty. As far as the talent show, some are for the school kids only like assemblies.  How do we know he was actually in it? Is there something that references that? Also the stepmom had a toddler at home. They can be a handful and something of that nature would be boring to a todller especially if it was nap time.  I do wonder if it was the stepmoms routine to pick Kyron up from the bus stop?   The school was buzzing with families, friends, older and younger kids, relatives etc. until 8:45 a.m. when the kids were supposed to meet in their classrooms to get into small groups with chaperones. Who was delegating the groups and why didn't they notice at that time that Kyron was not in his group? His backpack, coat, and teachers, as well as his friends knowledge of him having been there should have been a flag. I think he was either lured out to help out with something, tempted by someone else, or he is somewhere in that school.

Have they thoroughly searched every nook and cranny in that school?

Was there anything unusual or different about Kyron in the last couple of weeks? ie was he being bullied, was he sleeping okay, were there any unusual behaviors?
Are there any new staff in the school particularly bus drivers, janitors?

Have any

ie  was he be
Peace
Scared Monkey

« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2010, 05:19:30 PM »

The one thing that stands out to me is that it is reported that the step-mom left him at 8:45 which is incorrect. She posted on FB at 8:46, and not from a mobile device. If she were to have walked him to his classroom at 8:35, when the first bell rang, it would take a few minutes to get to her car, and assuming she had her daughter w/ her, she needs to buckle in and out the young child, it's a 5 minute drive home from the school per mapquest, so she mujst do something w/ young child, turns on computer and immediately responds to a post on FB? Takes me a few mins to boot the computer then read through posts, get child entertained by something, then I would respond to a post, but her response is at 8:46am. I would think she would have to dart home rather quickly to accomplish this, or it would be difficult to think she dropped him at his classroom after one of the bells rang.

I don't see anyone just realizing their child is missing going onto FB and playing games. No, you would be frantic. How could you concentrate on earning points on a game? She was earning points on a game at 5:30. Nope.  No one would do that. No one. Nervous energy would have you doing strange things, but playing a game to earn points would not be one of them.

I do think she may have had assistance and told Kyron to go to the parking lot in a few minutes, after she left to show a 'relative' their way to the exhibit, and at that time, the person waiting for him abducted him. 
I suggest the FBI seriously question her about this scenario.

An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
Mohandas Gandhi
newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2010, 05:38:24 PM »

I did find an article where it states by another parent that he was suppossed to be in the talent show, here it is:

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/still_no_trace_of_kyron_horman.html

snipped
Schreiber said Kyron was supposed to perform in the school's talent show at 1 p.m. but she didn't see him there.
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2010, 05:39:35 PM »

Hi Monkeys
Trying to see If I can stay in the room to post. This is so sad about this little boy Kyron.

Things that make me go hmm from what I have read
Science Fair within School (( all my personal thoughts /opinions))
This was a huge event for the staff and children. It must have taken awhile to plan and even possibly there was funds raised in order for the fair to happen. Were tables, chairs, equipment donated? by outside companies.. parents of students?
Was there a group of staff/parents there were in charge of the Science Fair? That there was a crew such as Leader, managing the projects, volunteers, someone observing the " children" most importantly. Was someone minding the doors/exits/school building/Gym to the pre-event, during and after?

There had a be a ton of parents wandering around before the Fair. I would think that the children would bring in their exhibitions prior to the day of? Don't they normally have a Parent/sibling Night - prior to allowing in the general public to see the displays? ( maybe I am too old school, I am thinking of when my Daughter was little and when I was in elementary school)

I am confused on the statements of him being " seen" and yet marked absent ..and not a call home to notify his family .. just odd.

The other thing too that is odd to me is the lack of security within this school. I know when my Daughter was in Elementary it was like entering Fort Knox. Granted this was a day of confusion with the fair ongoing. But still. Something is not right.

I do know this too that schools are well aware that "they legally are pretty much opt out of liability if anything happens to your child" on their property. You can attempt to sue the public school system if you have a ton of money to waste. What has to happen is the parent has to sue the person/persons ( individual/s) personally.
Something is not adding up within what has been said about Kyron's hours inside the school. The mention that step-mom dropped him off ..says to me that his Science Project was already at school. I would think that Kyron would be so excited about the day's event ..he would go straight to class and join his classmates. That they all would be together all chiming in ..with excitement for the fair to start. That and I do not understand why neither of his parents were at the school for the 1 pm program.  Kids just gush over the fact that their parents come to see them at school events. 

One other mention is was Kyron taught Stranger Danger? Did his parents have a code word for him. That if anyone were to approach you they have to know our code word? I know its so hard for a child at his age to be challanged with " Do I listen to this Adult? " because they are an Adult and kids feel they have to do what this creep says ...(strangers) Reminds me of the Lovely Bones where the little girl is *swayed ((after she had it made up in her mind she was not to go with this man)) *The man said You will be the First One to see what I made ..all the kids in the neighborhood will be so envious of you.  Pure Trickery.
I hope they find this little boy Kyron SOON and he is SAFE.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2010, 05:48:06 PM »

The one thing that stands out to me is that it is reported that the step-mom left him at 8:45 which is incorrect. She posted on FB at 8:46, and not from a mobile device. If she were to have walked him to his classroom at 8:35, when the first bell rang, it would take a few minutes to get to her car, and assuming she had her daughter w/ her, she needs to buckle in and out the young child, it's a 5 minute drive home from the school per mapquest, so she mujst do something w/ young child, turns on computer and immediately responds to a post on FB? Takes me a few mins to boot the computer then read through posts, get child entertained by something, then I would respond to a post, but her response is at 8:46am. I would think she would have to dart home rather quickly to accomplish this, or it would be difficult to think she dropped him at his classroom after one of the bells rang.

I don't see anyone just realizing their child is missing going onto FB and playing games. No, you would be frantic. How could you concentrate on earning points on a game? She was earning points on a game at 5:30. Nope.  No one would do that. No one. Nervous energy would have you doing strange things, but playing a game to earn points would not be one of them.

I do think she may have had assistance and told Kyron to go to the parking lot in a few minutes, after she left to show a 'relative' their way to the exhibit, and at that time, the person waiting for him abducted him. 
I suggest the FBI seriously question her about this scenario.

That is interesting Peace. I am just digging in here. That is something about the login and post times for the Step Mom. Are they sure it was her and not possibly her teen son? just thinking out loud. Where was he? does anyone know if he was in school *accounted for * when all this went down?

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2010, 05:55:32 PM »

I agree that is interesting Peace though Facebook is not actually as accurate as one might think. I am not her facebook friend so I cannot see her wall, you must be a friend of hers Peace. Also are they in Pacific time zone ? I am in Eastern so I do not know what time zone shows up on my Pacific or Central time zone friends. I am not discounting her as a suspect, I just don't feel it. Something else happened is what my gut tells me. I hope the profiler and FBI are all over this.
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2010, 06:04:16 PM »

Question if anyone can answer.

I have tried the link to step-mom's Fb - and it is not open to the public. ( which is a good thing)  What I wonder is if she did spend a lot of time on FB. Who is on her friends list? Does she actually know all of them as real friends/real family etc. Or does have anyone and anybody that asks to be her friend on her FB.

That is why I do not like FB. It seems to be a wide open window to your life and into your minor children's lives as well. I am on FB. Not for entertainment. I am on to watch my Daughter. Serious. Who is not a minor. I have told her time and time again to quit FB. That she has quit it but seems to rejoin it after ..she feels she is missing out on her friends daily postings.
I have seen people post right to the minute of what they are doing, thinking, no forethought was so ever, to the WILD OPEN Internet ...Anyone can read it.   
OH I am going to Florida, My flight leaves at 6:22 am tomorrow and I will be gone for 12 days and ... you know my Car is in garage .. I am going take a cab to the airport. OH I can't wait to leave and be away for soooo long. Complete IDIOTS - Why don't you just post " ROB ME" ....... steal my car. 

Did this woman post things of her daily doings so blatant that included this adorable little boy ..that Anyone could start tracking him? As in a Sicko? grrrrr.
just thoughts. 

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2010, 06:20:41 PM »

OK, I wasn't suspicious of Stepmom until you posted this!! OMG, that is the last place I would be. My hinkymeter is starting to get some action. I just think that is incredibly insensitive to be going to the gym to work out....this is beyond frustrating!!

This is what the post looked like (posted JUNE 8, 2010) (I cant screen shot, because I am short on time, but this is the jist of MelisB's find:

Jennifer Hill  Terri, I'm free afternoons all week long if you still want to meet up. And of course I can make myself free anytime if you need anything at all... We will continue to be here for you guys, just let us know how we can help. *hugs* for each of you
15 hours ago ·

Terri Moulton Horman
Hitting the gym tomorrow. I didn't get home until 8pm tonight...
15 hours ago

Jennifer Hill
I figured as much. Txt me when u go, if the timing works out ill keep u company.
8 hours ago

http://www.facebook.com/terri.horman#!/terri.horman?v=wall 

Peace
Scared Monkey

« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2010, 06:22:38 PM »

Newfie, no I am not her friend on FB, but can see her wall posts. Deenie, no she does not do daily accounts of her whereabouts. I would question the man she responded to on FB at 8:46am though.

It would be so risky for a perp to try to abduct a child from a school, even with a lot of commotion going on such as the science fair. Impossible to know all family acquaintances who would question Kyron with an unknown person. For a second grader to be lured outdoors, it must have been for familial reasons. Teachers will tell you that typical behavior for a second grader is that they do not want to do the 'wrong' thing, so I think Kyron would have gone outdoors if he were told by a person in authority that it was o.k to do so. They are taught to never leave the building unless it is recess or dismissal time. Not being an overly rebellious or adverturous child, he would be afraid to break the rules of leaving the building without permission. I believe he had permission and was instructed to leave the building himself, which would not necessarily attract the attention of someone as would a janitor or stranger leaving the building w/ the child. 

An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
Mohandas Gandhi
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.