April 18, 2024, 08:03:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #1 6/5/10 - 6/30/10  (Read 566022 times)
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #700 on: June 19, 2010, 12:53:21 PM »

http://www.justicequest.net/forums/showthread.php?p=407382

Poster Aubrey:  Post #8

SM resume?

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #701 on: June 19, 2010, 12:59:03 PM »

http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?t=369413&page=8

Interesting link's by Karibear, # 307

I did not want to bring it over.

Wow, she sure looks different now.

No Rose,

Yes, she sure does look different, I guess she is eating too many donuts at bake sales.
Also having given birth not that terribly long ago, maybe postpartum disorder could be happening also.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #702 on: June 19, 2010, 01:01:11 PM »

She is certainly a very qualified teacher, thanks for that info.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #703 on: June 19, 2010, 01:05:38 PM »

Yes, according to the Resume she is qualified, I haven't checked if she really attended the college or not.
I want to be accurate and not assume anything so we get good, crisp information and not rumors.

NoRose, I have read that Pop and SM went to the Gym together on that fateful day, have you heart anything about that?

Thank-you in advance:)

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #704 on: June 19, 2010, 01:06:50 PM »

http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?t=369413&page=8

Interesting link's by Karibear, # 307

I did not want to bring it over.

Wow, she sure looks different now.

No Rose,

Yes, she sure does look different, I guess she is eating too many donuts at bake sales.
Also having given birth not that terribly long ago, maybe postpartum disorder could be happening also.

Ditto!

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
bjinsco
Scared Monkey

« Reply #705 on: June 19, 2010, 01:15:31 PM »

Hi Everyone -

Been following this case - it's so heartbreaking. Poor little guy. I want to say, I enjoy reading all your great posts.

I am convinced someone who knew Kyron (cough-TH, MO) is responsible for his disappearance and this is why - BBM

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20007724-504083.html

"It's not a search-and-rescue operation anymore," Gates said in a press conference.

He added that parents in the area need not take extra precautions with their children. Authorities have said since the earliest days of the investigation that they believe Kyron's disappearance was an isolated case.

"There is no reason to believe that the kids are in any danger here, Gates said.

I don't think LE would say that if they weren't convinced themselves.

So hard to say this but maybe LE should start 'digging' as well as diving. Sad

Memories fade, but a GOOGLE SEARCH never forgets.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #706 on: June 19, 2010, 01:16:11 PM »

Klaas,

May we please have a "who's who" in Kyron Horman's investigation?

I am getting a little puzzled with S.M.'s step sons, sons and etc.

Thank-you for your time,

Seahorse

What I can do is move Kyron to the high profile area then we can have multiple threads for him including a who's who.  Give me a few minutes.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #707 on: June 19, 2010, 01:36:26 PM »

http://www.katu.com/news/local/96033344.html?tab=video

Towards the end of the video about .53 on the clip shows (I believe) Pop & SM leaving Gym.

I do not know what day or time were leaving the gym.

The video states that SM has been on FB chatting about her work-outs, pretty important, I guess.

Where the heck is Kyron? 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #708 on: June 19, 2010, 01:46:21 PM »

Yes, according to the Resume she is qualified, I haven't checked if she really attended the college or not.
I want to be accurate and not assume anything so we get good, crisp information and not rumors.

NoRose, I have read that Pop and SM went to the Gym together on that fateful day, have you heart anything about that?

Thank-you in advance:)
Yes, I saw that mentioned several times on the In Sessions board.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #709 on: June 19, 2010, 02:17:45 PM »

Towards the end of the video about .53 on the clip shows (I believe) Pop & SM leaving Gym.

The video states that SM has been on FB chatting about her work-outs, pretty important, I guess.

Where the heck is Kyron? 

I'm just confused how one goes about everyday life under these circumstances. The gym would be the last thing on my mind.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #710 on: June 19, 2010, 02:46:02 PM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html
Kyron Horman's blended family: Friends describe a close, supportive group
Saturday, June 19, 2010

((edit to remove copyrighted material per request))
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 05:51:07 PM by klaasend » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #711 on: June 19, 2010, 02:50:35 PM »

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/422054_missing19.html
Friend: Stepmom of missing boy to take polygraph test
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - The stepmother of missing Oregon boy Kyron Horman is scheduled to take a second polygraph test Saturday.

That's according to Jaymie Finster, a longtime friend of Terri Moulton Horman.

Finster told The Oregonian newspaper that Terri Horman is "tired and frustrated" with the intensity of questioning she's been getting.

The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office has declined to name Terri Horman as a person-of-interest in the investigation and won't say who has been given a lie-detector test.
<snip>

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #712 on: June 19, 2010, 02:52:12 PM »

http://www.statesman.com/news/nation/nation-digest-request-for-boy-scouts-records-is-756689.html
Nation Digest: Request for Boy Scouts records is granted, then stayed
June 18, 2010

OREGON

Scout record request 
is granted, then stayed

PORTLAND — A judge granted and then stayed a request by news organizations to release more than 1,000 Boy Scouts of America files on suspected child molesters given to a jury that found the Scouts liable for $20 million in damages. Judge John Wittmayer ruled the files should be released after the names of victims and people who reported abuse are redacted. But the judge also stayed his order pending an appeal by the Boy Scouts.

Police seek help over
boy's disappearance
<snip>

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #713 on: June 19, 2010, 02:59:03 PM »

Jess you know I love ya, but you always surprise me. I was not expecting this answer at all. Sometimes I feel you always go exactly in the opposite direction of my stance, lol. I will say, I find it very interesting that a defense attorney feels it is a smart strategic move to distribute such a flyer and not scream out it is a violation of this woman rights.  I will respect that you say you can't comment, (although by not commenting, you commented, lol.)

Thanks for posting

Luv ya to TG!  But, first, let me say that I'm not a criminal defense attorney.  I've never defended a criminal and I never will!  I will say that I've defended many many many civil cases though.

I don't see how a questionnaire asking for information about the disappearance of a little boy constitutes a violation of civil rights. I fail to see what "civil rights" are being violated.  This is merely an informational questionnaire asking pointed questions about the person who admitted to being one of the last people to see Kyron along with the vehicle she drives (someone may have seen her vehicle but not her).

Now, you may be comparing my position on this to my position on the release of sensitive information in the Sandra Cantu case.  In that case, I felt the rights of Sandra's parents and family to maintain their privacy should trump the public's "right to know."  (I think Sandra's mom's attorney said it best when he argued that the media is like a spoiled little kid whose not used to hearing the word "no.")  There's no comparison between the two.  In Sandra's case, you have two competing enumerated rights.  In Kyron's case, no enumerated rights are implicated on either side, unless you want to include Kyron's right to "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

I understand that many people think this questionnaire will put the step mom at risk.  Candidly, I think any "risk" is the product of media hype and sensationalism, and not the product of this questionnaire.  Again, it merely asks questions that include questions about one of the last people to see Kyron and the vehicle she is known to drive.  But in my mind, when you're talking about the life of a child, and the clock is ticking, ticking, ticking while the chances of finding the child alive is dwindling exponentially with every passing moment, you take certain chances.  You can't control what the media will do and say.

If there's one thing you can ALWAYS predict about me, it's that I will ALWAYS come down on the side of the child.  And that's where I land here.

Jess I think the flyer is leading and suggestive. The pic of Kyron, the truck and the step mom together on the same page from LE and then questions about if anyone saw them together...? Well in my mind that is suggestive, but more importantly, especially to a child. This is a criminal case, these kids are afraid.

As for what a witness saw, one of the hardest things for a witness to recall is the color of a vehicle. Happened to me just the other day in fact! I had to call in a tip regarding a car and I couldn't honestly recall if it was green or blue. Someone that morning may have seen a silver truck and now in their mind that truck is white. 

This is a violation Jess because how can she be expected to receive a fair trial if arrested and charged? If she did this, I do not want her to be let off on some technicality because police have to make some grand stand move and not simply call people down to the station and ask them these questions. We all want for the person who took Kyron to be found, put on trial and then if found guilty by a jury, be put in jail. She has not been charged with anything. If she is innocent she will never be able to live in that community again. She has a right to a fair trial regardless if she is guilty or innocent. These questions will not allow for anymore information then what LE, if doing their job, should already know. Are they trying to get her to crack? Well I am sure if they knew how to interrogate someone they could get her to crack. This strategy I cannot support.   

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #714 on: June 19, 2010, 03:02:35 PM »

Where the heck is Kyron? 

I'm just confused how one goes about everyday life under these circumstances. The gym would be the last thing on my mind.

She was at one time a professional body builder. Going to the gym to her is like taking a shower, going to the bathroom, brushing your hair, eating food. These people spend hours upon hours in the gym, like 8 hours just working out. So I can say for me personally I wouldn't go to the gym that would pretty much be the last thing I would do, but for someone who is into that sort of thing, I can understand it.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #715 on: June 19, 2010, 03:17:06 PM »

Where the heck is Kyron? 

She was at one time a professional body builder. Going to the gym to her is like taking a shower, going to the bathroom, brushing your hair, eating food. These people spend hours upon hours in the gym, like 8 hours just working out. So I can say for me personally I wouldn't go to the gym that would pretty much be the last thing I would do, but for someone who is into that sort of thing, I can understand it.

SM is the most self-discipline person on the planet. Imagine that ..she isn't thanking the public for their support..
instead working out with her Popeye muscles.  She certainly is focused...

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #716 on: June 19, 2010, 03:23:17 PM »

Where the heck is Kyron? 

NoRose,

How does she focus on driving a car?  The gym (I guess) is natural to her, but

isn't she distracted (just a little) not knowing if Kyron is hungry or wet and cold in the forrest?

She has a goal to be met, this is my guess, she must be focused on getting back to her dream.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #717 on: June 19, 2010, 03:27:49 PM »

http://www.portlandtribune.com/news/story_2nd.php?story_id=127687387448812800

Investigators say Kyron’s family cooperating as search continues
UPDATE • Sheriff’s office tries to dispel rumors about boy's disappearance
By Jennifer Anderson

The Portland Tribune, Jun 18, 2010, Updated 3.8 hours ago (13 Reader comments)

ADVERTISEMENTS

<< Prev. Page 1 | 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Click here to listen as Capt. Gates reads a statement from the Horman family, Friday, June 18.

• Click here to listen as Gates answers questions about the investigation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Willamette Week cited Friday five unnamed law enforcement officials who say Terri Horman’s cell phone “pings” showed she was on Sauvie Island the day Kyron disappeared – which differs from her account of her whereabouts that day.

Gates also said that a sheriff’s captain was no longer living around the clock with the family, but does have regular contact with them. Kyron’s biological mother and stepfather are still in Portland as the investigation continues, he said.

Uncle in a Washington jail
Regarding Kyron's uncle, Kristian Horman, Gates said detectives are “following up on that,” working with detectives in the Seattle area.

Kristian Scott Horman of Everett, Wash., (and brother of Kaine Horman, Kyron’s father) was convicted of child molestation charges (stemming from another child) Wednesday and booked into Snohomish County Jail with no bail.

According to the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office, Kristian Horman was originally arrested in February 2009 for third-degree child molestation in the October 2008 case of his 15-year-old stepdaughter. He was released on parole and not in custody until being convicted and booked into jail June 16. He was sentenced to 180 days in jail. Third-degree child molestation is a Class C felony.

Rebecca Hover, a Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman, said she's “not aware of any law enforcement agency that's called our agency about Kyron or Kristian Horman.”

Swamped by calls of interest from the national media, she said, she has checked with her county's major crimes and special investigations unit, and they had not been familiar with any connection to the Kyron Horman case.

According to Kristian Horman's booking documents, he had no prior record of criminal charges other than failing to renew his vehicle registration. The molestation incident occured when "they were all in the same house, in the same bed," said Hal Hupp, the prosecutor in the case. "He almost immediately admitted he'd done what he'd done."
Hover said Kristian Horman has declined to speak to the media, but refers calls to his Seattle attorney, Donna Johnston.

Johnston did not return the Tribune's call seeking comment.

Social media rumors
Gates also dispelled some of the recent rumors that have floated around on social networking sites, some of which mistakenly reported that the boy’s body had been found.

“We understand the community has many questions,” Gates said, “But we’re trying not to make any mistakes; to be as perfect as we can in investigating the case.”

Hundreds of search and rescue teams from across the state and the Northwest searched for 11 days around Skyline School in rural Northwest Multnomah County for any trace of Kyron after his stepmother reported him missing. The FBI child abduction unit joined the search – unprecedented in its magnitude — in the first couple of days.

It is now considered a criminal investigation.

The shocking and mysterious nature of the case is still attracting nationwide media attention, landing on the cover of People magazine on Friday and having been a fixture on CNN and other network news programs over the past two weeks.

KPAM 860 and Tribune reporter Jim Redden contributed to this news story.

Who all was in bed together? According to the charge and what Jess and I surmised, it must of been 2 minors along with him. Who caught him?
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #718 on: June 19, 2010, 03:28:06 PM »

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8168.0

Thank-you, Klaas, for the link.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #719 on: June 19, 2010, 03:31:44 PM »

Where the heck is Kyron? 

NoRose,

How does she focus on driving a car?  The gym (I guess) is natural to her, but

isn't she distracted (just a little) not knowing if Kyron is hungry or wet and cold in the forrest?

She has a goal to be met, this is my guess, she must be focused on getting back to her dream.

So do you think the dad cares about the well being of his son? He was at the gym as well
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.