April 25, 2024, 02:18:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #1 6/5/10 - 6/30/10  (Read 567075 times)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #720 on: June 19, 2010, 03:41:29 PM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html
Kyron Horman's blended family: Friends describe a close, supportive group
Saturday, June 19, 2010
((edit))

"Damage Control"? that should be the title of this piece, lol.

R.Neil Horman is Kaines adoptive father. biological father, Kurtis Mengel, interesting.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 05:51:54 PM by klaasend » Logged
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #721 on: June 19, 2010, 04:10:04 PM »

http://www.justicequest.net/forums/showthread.php?p=406482

A detailed list associated with Bryon on the above site for reference.  I am trying to abide by Blog laws of the land.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #722 on: June 19, 2010, 04:17:54 PM »

http://www.katu.com/news/local/96033344.html?tab=video

Towards the end of the video about .53 on the clip shows (I believe) Pop & SM leaving Gym.

I do not know what day or time were leaving the gym.

The video states that SM has been on FB chatting about her work-outs, pretty important, I guess.

Where the heck is Kyron? 

I'm just confused how one goes about everyday life under these circumstances. The gym would be the last thing on my mind.

NoRose,

How does she focus on driving a car?  The gym (I guess) is natural to her, but

isn't she distracted (just a little) not knowing if Kyron is hungry or wet and cold in the forrest?

She has a goal to be met, this is my guess, she must be focused on getting back to her dream.

So do you think the dad cares about the well being of his son? He was at the gym as well

Thank-you for a reality check they were "both" leaving the gym. Crying out loud, why didn't they say thank-you for all the support, thanks to the Divers, thanks for Billboards that were donated..they don't need to say anything but Thank-you,
Thank-you, Thank-you, people are risking their lives, time and resources.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #723 on: June 19, 2010, 04:44:45 PM »

This is the other link from the post, posting it for the heck of it.

http://www.twixpix.com/emeraldcup/05/twx_EC05Intro_14.html

Apparently, it's from 2005.

What a difference marriage, kids, and BonBons do to you.

Sad

It is amazing what a little Crisco can do to the bod!  Wink

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #724 on: June 19, 2010, 05:24:21 PM »

I understand that body builders spend a lot of time in the gym, but Terri looks like she hasn't spent a lot of time in the jail lately, just saying, and not trying to be mean. Looks like those muscular body building days are over with.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #725 on: June 19, 2010, 06:31:52 PM »

I understand that body builders spend a lot of time in the gym, but Terri looks like she hasn't spent a lot of time in the jail lately, just saying, and not trying to be mean. Looks like those muscular body building days are over with.

I don't know how to respond to that. Obviously they still go to the gym since they are members of one. For them it was something to do to relieve stress. I am not sure what difference it makes to be honest with you. They were not out partying it up at a bar, they were exercising. 

I will tell you what bothers me and I am not sure if there is an explanation of why this is, but on the pic of the science project, Kyron's left arm seems to be missing. I don't know what could cause this, perhaps uploading error? I have been trying to find out why that could be. He doesn't seem to be holding his arm behind his back as I first thought, it is not there. I am not sure where the pic came from. Was it a snap shot or was it taken off a website? Could a pic of him been super imposed onto a pic of the project? I don't know, hopefully those with experience in this subject can answer or maybe give an explanation.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #726 on: June 19, 2010, 06:43:09 PM »

I don't know how to respond to that. Obviously they still go to the gym since they are members of one. For them it was something to do to relieve stress. I am not sure what difference it makes to be honest with you. They were not out partying it up at a bar, they were exercising. 

I will tell you what bothers me and I am not sure if there is an explanation of why this is, but on the pic of the science project, Kyron's left arm seems to be missing. I don't know what could cause this, perhaps uploading error? I have been trying to find out why that could be. He doesn't seem to be holding his arm behind his back as I first thought, it is not there. I am not sure where the pic came from. Was it a snap shot or was it taken off a website? Could a pic of him been super imposed onto a pic of the project? I don't know, hopefully those with experience in this subject can answer or maybe give an explanation.
I have seen that discussed on two other boards about his arm, it does appear to be missing, but I don't know how that could be, has to be the angle maybe. I really don't care if both of them went to the gym, too me it isn't appropriate, but I'm not them. Just saying that would be the last thing that I would be thinking about.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #727 on: June 19, 2010, 07:06:58 PM »

I wouldn't go to the gym either although I work out. I don't know, people react differently given their own experiences and life styles. I try to remind myself that I am not in that position and what I would do or not do doesn't really matter. It is what they are doing or not doing and if that is a dysfunctional behavior or not. In this case, they were exercising. That to me doesn't sound like something bad.

About the arm. That bothers me and I can't seem to find an explanation for it that is why I am bring it here. You can see the area where the arm should be and it is the area of the project. If it hadn't taken in that spot, then I would guess the area where the arm should be would be blank, but it is not. There is probably an explanation, but I don't know enough about this to figure it out I guess.
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #728 on: June 19, 2010, 07:27:02 PM »

Jess you know I love ya, but you always surprise me. I was not expecting this answer at all. Sometimes I feel you always go exactly in the opposite direction of my stance, lol. I will say, I find it very interesting that a defense attorney feels it is a smart strategic move to distribute such a flyer and not scream out it is a violation of this woman rights.  I will respect that you say you can't comment, (although by not commenting, you commented, lol.)

Thanks for posting

Luv ya to TG!  But, first, let me say that I'm not a criminal defense attorney.  I've never defended a criminal and I never will!  I will say that I've defended many many many civil cases though.

I don't see how a questionnaire asking for information about the disappearance of a little boy constitutes a violation of civil rights. I fail to see what "civil rights" are being violated.  This is merely an informational questionnaire asking pointed questions about the person who admitted to being one of the last people to see Kyron along with the vehicle she drives (someone may have seen her vehicle but not her).

Now, you may be comparing my position on this to my position on the release of sensitive information in the Sandra Cantu case.  In that case, I felt the rights of Sandra's parents and family to maintain their privacy should trump the public's "right to know."  (I think Sandra's mom's attorney said it best when he argued that the media is like a spoiled little kid whose not used to hearing the word "no.")  There's no comparison between the two.  In Sandra's case, you have two competing enumerated rights.  In Kyron's case, no enumerated rights are implicated on either side, unless you want to include Kyron's right to "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

I understand that many people think this questionnaire will put the step mom at risk.  Candidly, I think any "risk" is the product of media hype and sensationalism, and not the product of this questionnaire.  Again, it merely asks questions that include questions about one of the last people to see Kyron and the vehicle she is known to drive.  But in my mind, when you're talking about the life of a child, and the clock is ticking, ticking, ticking while the chances of finding the child alive is dwindling exponentially with every passing moment, you take certain chances.  You can't control what the media will do and say.

If there's one thing you can ALWAYS predict about me, it's that I will ALWAYS come down on the side of the child.  And that's where I land here.

Jess I think the flyer is leading and suggestive. The pic of Kyron, the truck and the step mom together on the same page from LE and then questions about if anyone saw them together...? Well in my mind that is suggestive, but more importantly, especially to a child. This is a criminal case, these kids are afraid.

As for what a witness saw, one of the hardest things for a witness to recall is the color of a vehicle. Happened to me just the other day in fact! I had to call in a tip regarding a car and I couldn't honestly recall if it was green or blue. Someone that morning may have seen a silver truck and now in their mind that truck is white. 

This is a violation Jess because how can she be expected to receive a fair trial if arrested and charged? If she did this, I do not want her to be let off on some technicality because police have to make some grand stand move and not simply call people down to the station and ask them these questions. We all want for the person who took Kyron to be found, put on trial and then if found guilty by a jury, be put in jail. She has not been charged with anything. If she is innocent she will never be able to live in that community again. She has a right to a fair trial regardless if she is guilty or innocent. These questions will not allow for anymore information then what LE, if doing their job, should already know. Are they trying to get her to crack? Well I am sure if they knew how to interrogate someone they could get her to crack. This strategy I cannot support.   

Are you suggesting that this woman, if guilty, will not be able to receive a fair trial because of this questionnaire?  Believe me, TG, if she's ultimately charged, this little questionnaire is the least of her worries. In my opinion, this little questionnaire is innocuous, and will have no effect whatsoever on her "right to a fair trial."  Significantly, it poses not a single "technical" issue that would allow her to be let off (assuming she's guilty).  It's an investigation tool.

With all due respect, to suggest that these questions will not allow for anymore information than what LE should already know shows a fundamental misunderstanding of how criminal investigations work.  First, without a lead, you can't just go around hauling everyone downtown and interrogating them.  Not only is that abusive, ineffective and inefficient, it's expensive and VERY inconvenient and disruptive to the people.  Second, oftentimes people may see something but, for whatever reason, they "don't want to get involved."  I see that ALL THE TIME.  One might ask, "But there's a child's life at stake!"  But some people don't care.  They rather not get involved.  Think Kitty Genevese. 

I'm not going to get into the strategy because a magician never tells his secrets.  LOL  You certainly have the right to disagree with the strategy.  I happen to think it's a great strategy. 

One last comment and I'll let you or whomever else wants to chime in have the last word.  I happen to think many people are reacting the way they are to this flier because they have a preconceived notion or belief that stepmom has something to do with Kyron's disappearance.  Therefore, they think this flier is suggestive.  If you look at the flier in a vacuum, as an investigation tool (which is what it is intended to be), it is asking questions that are asked in every single investigation that has ever ever ever been conducted. Other than being targeted to a specific audience, i find it no different than a Reward Poster that would say something like "KYRON HORMAN-MISSING CHILD-LAST SEEN WITH HIS STEPMOTHER TERRI HORMAN AT SCHOOL GETTING OUT OF TERRI HORMAN'S WHITE PICKUP TRUCK.  IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION, PLEASE CALL XXXXXXXX"

doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #729 on: June 19, 2010, 07:32:04 PM »

hi tracyG.... just reading about the photo...

you know, I just took that photo and blew it up in photoshop and changed the contrast etc every which way possible.  Of course I am no expert either, but I have fooled with photos for years, etc... and usually if you add the photo to something there are rough edges.  You have to smudge or blur them together.  When you do that sometimes the colors of one thing will smear over into the other thing.  When I blow this photo up I can see where some of the green from the poster is smeared over into Kyron's hair.  Just a little dab, but it is green in his hair.  I also see a yellow line around the left side(kyron's right side) all the way around the t-shirt except in the area where it is up against the red part... no lighter area around there.  I also see an out-of-place white line where his arm is suppose to be.  there is a piece of the exibit there but there is also a white line that goes nowhere.  I have done that many times when trying to blob something out of a photo.  

Now I can't be sure someone "doctored" this up, but I am going to try to find someone who knows more about this than I do... perhaps even someone on this forum is a photoshop expert.  I'm not, I am just an "experienced" one.  Now "if" someone did this, they did a very good job of it, very good.  but that green inside the hair from the color of the poster, really bothers me.  Is it possible it is normal?  I don't know.  but what I do know 100% is there is green running from the poster over into kyrons hair.

(Edit-correct typo per doubledecker)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 07:39:11 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #730 on: June 19, 2010, 07:35:33 PM »

you know, I just took that photo and blew it up in photoshop and changed the contrast etc every which way possible.  Of course I am no expert either, but I have fooled with photos for years, etc... and usually if you add the photo to something there are rough edges.  You have to smudge or blur them together.  When you do that sometimes the colors of one thing will smear over into the other thing.  When I blow this photo up I can see where some of the green from the poster is smeared over into Kyron's hair.  Just a little dab, but it is green in his hair.  I also see a yellow line around the left side(kyron's right side) all the way around the t-shirt except in the area where it is up against the red part... no lighter area around there.  I also see an out-of-place white line where his arm is suppose to be.  there is a piece of the exibit there but there is also a white line that goes nowhere.  I have done that many times when trying to blob something out of a photo. 

Now I can be sure someone "doctored" this up, but I am going to try to find someone who knows more about this than I do... perhaps even someone on this forum is a photoshop expert.  I'm not, I am just an "experienced" one.  Now "if" someone did this, they did a very good job of it, very good.  but that green inside the hair from the color of the poster, really bothers me.  Is it possible it is normal?  I don't know.  but what I do know 100% is there is green running from the poster over into kyrons hair.

self edit above in read.  I have put CAN... I meant to say CAN'T

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #731 on: June 19, 2010, 07:43:53 PM »

i personally think Kyron just has his arm behind his back.  if kyron was really missing an arm, it would have been part of the physical description of him given by police when he went missing.

i think maybe step mom was given a second polygraph because new information/questions have come to light since the first polygraph that they need answers on, or perhaps maybe the first polygraph showed some deception or maybe was inconclusive, either way, it can't be used in a court of law.

d in texas
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #732 on: June 19, 2010, 07:59:42 PM »

I am going to have my sister pull the picture, she is a professional at photo stuff, she does it for a living.  Can someone please direct to the sight you are snipping it from.

Also I have been keeping up with the case but have had a web site building project that is a pain in my rear, anyhow my question/statement.

At the very begging of Kyron missing I had the TV on probably HLN, was semi paying attention and they said the family did not/ would not do interviews or talk to the media.  When I heard that I looked up and thought to myself something is really wrong here.
Can anyone tell me a little more on that.
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #733 on: June 19, 2010, 08:35:33 PM »

you know, I just took that photo and blew it up in photoshop and changed the contrast etc every which way possible.  Of course I am no expert either, but I have fooled with photos for years, etc... and usually if you add the photo to something there are rough edges.  You have to smudge or blur them together.  When you do that sometimes the colors of one thing will smear over into the other thing.  When I blow this photo up I can see where some of the green from the poster is smeared over into Kyron's hair.  Just a little dab, but it is green in his hair.  I also see a yellow line around the left side(kyron's right side) all the way around the t-shirt except in the area where it is up against the red part... no lighter area around there.  I also see an out-of-place white line where his arm is suppose to be.  there is a piece of the exibit there but there is also a white line that goes nowhere.  I have done that many times when trying to blob something out of a photo.  

Now I can't be sure someone "doctored" this up, but I am going to try to find someone who knows more about this than I do... perhaps even someone on this forum is a photoshop expert.  I'm not, I am just an "experienced" one.  Now "if" someone did this, they did a very good job of it, very good.  but that green inside the hair from the color of the poster, really bothers me.  Is it possible it is normal?  I don't know.  but what I do know 100% is there is green running from the poster over into kyrons hair.

(Edit-correct typo per doubledecker)

Here is the post with the picture:
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8073.msg1161757#msg1161757

I'm not necessarily an expert.. but I am a graphic designer and I work with photos and photoshop for a living. I do have to say I don't think the photo is photoshopped. Colors in background do sometimes effect what is in the foreground (I have one specific stock photo of a woman I use frequently and she is blond and in front of a bright redish-orange background.. I often have to fix the colors in her hair because it looks odd once I cut her out. - http://www.photos.com/search/royaltyfree/87718861) Also, when viewing a picture blown up to that extent.. you are viewing the separate pixels that make up the photo and it is so blurred that what looks like a "straight defined" line between his hair or body and the background easily becomes multiple blurred pixels that encompass the colorings of both the foreground and background. Also, the lighting/angle of him and his project seems to match - in color/tint (whitish vs. sometimes yellow or reddish tint) and angle.

Having looked at that picture.. I do think his arm is behind him.. I've seen children that age hold their arms like that often. and when they are wearing baggy tshirts the sleeves sometimes reach their elbows or passed them. I do think that bit of white underneath the sleeve is part of his arm. It is the same colors as his skin when I use the eyedropper on it, his arms look like twigs and this arm is probably crossed behind his back with the elbow underneath the sleeve, if you look at the other arm it looks like the sleeve is down to like the elbow or lower.)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #734 on: June 19, 2010, 09:00:14 PM »

Jess Thank you for your thought out response. I will tell you, I may not understand the law as well as you do my friend, but I understand human behavior as much if not more. This case is a high profile one which a child has been missing and the rumor mill is running on high steam. Sending out this flyer is pretty much sealing it in the publics mind she is guilty of this crime, although she is not charged at this time. I cannot agree this was appropriate to do in this case. If she is innocent, she will never again have a normal life and the person that took Kyron, (if not her) will have taken her as well. If she is guilty then arrest her and charge her. Surely LE must know if she was there or not by now. If not, then call the people in and ask them these questions, outside of the publics eye.

I was told by a friend of mine a company's lawyer sent out a similar flyer to her place of work, a place she was suing because of an injury. The lawyer sent it out asking if anyone had witnessed her accident or since the accident if they have seen her doing anything that she should or claimed couldn't do. As a business owner, I can appreciate that and I would advice my lawyer to do something similar if I didn't believe my employee was as injured as they stated. However, this case here is not a civil matter but a criminal one and a very high profile one at that.

We will have to again agree to disagree, shake hands and move on. Nothing personal, glad you know that.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #735 on: June 19, 2010, 09:02:56 PM »

Thank you Samantha for your opinion on the photo. So the shiney area under the left shirt sleve, you do believe that is his arm?
Can you please show me in the pic that they took his glasses out, what about that pic shows it was photoshopped? TIA
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #736 on: June 19, 2010, 09:06:14 PM »

That makes sense, Kyron's arm just has to be behind him, it sure looks like he is missing the arm, just the picture is deceiving. JessStar thanks for explaining about the questionnaire, would make sense it is used for an investigative tool, I just never seen one like this before in following cases. And I agree, there are many, many people that don't want to get involved, and it doesn't matter to them if it is a missing kid, missing teen, or missing adult, for whatever reason they want no part of it. I think for some people they don't want the police snooping around with their lives.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #737 on: June 19, 2010, 09:09:07 PM »

I am going to have my sister pull the picture, she is a professional at photo stuff, she does it for a living.  Can someone please direct to the sight you are snipping it from.

Also I have been keeping up with the case but have had a web site building project that is a pain in my rear, anyhow my question/statement.

At the very begging of Kyron missing I had the TV on probably HLN, was semi paying attention and they said the family did not/ would not do interviews or talk to the media.  When I heard that I looked up and thought to myself something is really wrong here.
Can anyone tell me a little more on that.
Have to say that was strange, but maybe the police didn't want them to say anything. The family did finally say some statements though a little later.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #738 on: June 19, 2010, 09:19:13 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Seattle-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m6d19-Seattle-Kyron-Hormans-uncle-arrested-in-child-molestation-2nd-polygraph-for-stepmom-Video
(Videos at above link)
Seattle: Kyron Horman’s uncle arrested in child molestation; 2nd polygraph for stepmom (Video)
June 19, 2010

Uncle of missing 7-yr old, Kyron Horman, in jail on child molestation charge

June 19, 2010 - According to news reports, police are focusing on Kyron Horman’s step-mother, who is scheduled for a second polygraph test and who has recently been featured on a new flyer distributed to all parents and students attending Kyron’s elementary school; they are also focusing on Kyron's uncle who was arrested Wednesday on unrelated child molestation charges in Everett, Wash.

Kyron is the 7-year-old boy who went missing from his Portland elementary school June 4.
(snip)
Uncle Kristian Scott Horman

In an unrelated case, Multnomah County Sheriff’s Department Lieutenant Jason Gates, confirmed online reports that Kyron’s uncle was recently convicted in the Seattle area for child molestation.

Kyron’s uncle, Kristian Scott Horman, began serving a six-month sentence after he was convicted Wednesday of third-degree child molestation in a 2008 case involving a female relative, officials told the newspaper.

The Everett Herald reported Friday that Kristian is serving time in the Snohomish County jail.

According to Willamette Weekly, authorities in Snohomish County, Wash., confirmed the victim in that case was a female relative.

Lt. Gates said investigators are working with authorities in Seattle to determine where Kristian was on June 4, the day Kyron vanished from Skyline Elementary School in Portland, Oregon. Lt. Gates said detectives are “following up on that.”

The South County Spotlight reported that Kyron’s uncle, Kristian Horman of Everett, Wash., is the brother of Kaine Horman, Kyron’s father.

They further reported that Kristian was originally arrested in February 2009 for third-degree child molestation in the October 2008 case of his 15-year-old stepdaughter. He was released on parole and not in custody until being convicted and booked into jail June 16. He was sentenced to 180 days in jail. Third-degree child molestation is a Class C felony.

Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office spokesman, Rebecca Hover, said she’s “not aware of any law-enforcement agency that’s called our agency about Kyron or Kristian Horman.”

She has, however, been swamped with calls from national media and said she has checked with her county’s major crimes and special investigations unit, and they had not been familiar with any connection to the Kyron Horman case.

According to Kristian’s booking documents he had no prior record of criminal charges other than failing to renew his vehicle registration. The molestation incident occurred when “they were all in the same house, in the same bed,” said Hal Hupp, the prosecutor in the case. “He almost immediately admitted he’d done what he’d done.”

Hover said Kristian has refused to talk to media and is referring all calls to his Seattle attorney, Donna Johnston.

Reporters and the public are looking for any connection between Kyron’s disappearance and the arrest of his uncle in the child molestation case, even though they appear unrelated.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #739 on: June 19, 2010, 09:22:06 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-34328-Seattle-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m6d19-Spotlight-on-stepmother-and-uncle-in-case-of-missing-7yearold-Kyron-Horman-intensifies-Video
Spotlight on stepmother and uncle in case of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman intensifies (Video)
June 19, 2010

June 19, 2010 - According to news reports, police are focusing on Kyron Horman’s step-mother, who is scheduled for a second polygraph test and who has recently been featured on a new questionnaire and flyer distributed to all parents and students attending Kyron’s elementary school; they are also focusing on Kyron's uncle who was arrested Wednesday on unrelated child molestation charges in Seattle, Wash.

Kyron is the 7-year-old boy who went missing from his elementary school in Portland June 4.
 (snip)
Step-mother Terri Moulton Horman

Online websleuthers continue to point fingers at Kyron’s step-mother, Terri Moulton Horman, alluding that she may have had something to do with the 7-year-old’s disappearance from Skyline Elementary over two weeks ago.

They said they don’t understand how a mother, one who has raised this child since he was an infant, could say on her Facebook page several days after he went missing, “I’m hitting the gym.”

Second Polygraph test

A friend of Terri Horman from Hillsboro, Jaymie Finster, told the Oregonian Saturday morning that Kyron’s stepmother is facing a second polygraph exam, and that Terri is “tired and frustrated with the intensity of the questioning she’s been getting.”

The Oregonian article stated "Kyron Horman's stepmother -- who became the most prominent figure in the investigation into the boy's disappearance Friday -- is scheduled to take a second polygraph test Saturday, according to a friend."

Finster confirmed the Oregonian’s account that she and Horman have been friends since they went to junior high school together in Roseburg and that they worked in the Hillsboro school district.

Finster told the Oregonian that Horman was very down. "She's exhausted. She said 'I don't understand why they keep asking me stuff. They want me to take the polygraph again. It doesn't make sense because I didn't do anything'."

Horman told Finster, "I just don't know what's going on. This is what I did that day."

According to the Oregonian, Finster said Horman had told Kyron's teacher the day before that she was taking the boy to the doctor on Friday, June 11, and gave the teacher paperwork to fill out related to the appointment.

Finster said that when Kyron didn't show up at the bus the afternoon of June 4, Horman talked to the teacher who said she thought that Horman had taken Kyron to the doctor that day.

Horman told Finster that the child's teacher was new, in her first year of teaching, and was hard of hearing in one ear. "She doesn't know if she understood her," Finster said.

The new information provided by Finster comes the day after a new questionnaire and flyer was distributed to everyone at Skyline Elementary School asking if they saw Terri that day and if they saw the family’s white Ford pickup the day Kyron vanished.
Online websleuthers

A comment left to an earlier Examiner.com article read: “Stepmother's story and actions on the day Kyron disappeared do not ring true for me.”

Comments to a Fox News article read: “Sad to say but I suspected her from the git go. Time to press her hard I'd say.”

And someone from New Mexico said: “Oh yeah, the first thing I do when my son disappears is go on my Facebook page. This woman won't be able to do anything 'right' in some public's eye. If she raised him from a baby, she must love him as her own son. I will delay my judgment of her until actual evidence proves her guilty. Otherwise, I will presume that she is innocent and devastated.”

The websleuthers based their initial conclusion Terri was involved in Kyron’s disappearance when they saw what she wrote on Facebook.

They commented that her Facebook page showed a photo of her young daughter and that prior to Kyron’s disappearance, she didn’t talk about Kyron and that it was all about her little girl.

They didn’t believe she was appropriately distraught, according to the Daily Weekly, and that she was behind Kyron’s disappearance.

A blog called Mom Logic pointed out that since her stepson’s disappearance Terri’s posted “trivial updates” about “hitting the gym” just days after Kyron vanished. They questioned why she didn’t change her Facebook profile photo from her young daughter’s photo to a photo of Kyron.

Six days later Terri changed her photo to missing person’s flyer with Kyron’s photo. She at some point changed her settings from “public” to “private.” People can no longer see what she is writing on her “wall.”

This should be a reminder that what you put online on Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, blogs, etc., can be viewed by the world unless you set your settings to private. This is not the first time, and undoubtedly won’t be the last, when private information spreads like wildfire in high-profile cases.

Police are focusing their fact-finding on Terri and the truck she drove saying they are trying to jog people’s memories of what happened on June 4 when Kyron went missing.

Regardless of what anyone thinks, police are moving forward with a questionnaire listing questions about Terri Horman and the truck she drove the day Kyron went missing.

Lt. Gates repeatedly told the Oregonian he could not comment on suspects or persons of interest in the case.

In response to a question about the possible danger to the community, he said: "I can't say for certainty that it wasn't stranger-to-stranger, I can't. But I also can tell you that the need for the public to be alarmed is very low."

Cell phone “pings” inconsistent with Terri’s story

On Friday, Willamette Week reported five unnamed law enforcement officials said Terri Horman’s cell phone “pings” showed she was on Sauvie Island the day Kyron disappeared. This differs from her account of where she was that day.

The South County Spotlight reported that Lt. Gates said that a sheriff’s captain was no longer living around the clock with the family, but does have regular contact with them. Kyron’s biological mother and stepfather are still in Portland as the investigation continues, he said.

Questionnaire

A questionnaire and flyer has been passed out to everyone who may have been at Skyline Elementary School on June 4, the day 7-year old Kyron Horman went missing.

Most questions focus on the whereabouts of Kyron’s stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, and the white pickup she was driving that day.

Click here for more details about the questionnaire and flyer.

Family grieves loss of Kyron

CNN reported that during a brief phone interview with sheriff spokeswoman, Lt. Mary Lindstrand, they were told the focus of the investigation is not on Terri Horman.

"We're looking for every bit of information that we can," Lindstrand said. "We are not in a position to name anybody a person of interest."

The case, CNN reported, is now considered a criminal investigation involving one of the largest police search and rescue operations in state history.

Kyron's family released a statement Friday urging the public to help bring him home.

"It has been two weeks since our son, Kyron, disappeared," the family said. "For the last 14 days, we haven't been able to talk to him, see him playing around the house, or tuck him in bed. Any parent would understand the grief this has caused our family.

"Father's Day is Sunday. For the first time in seven years, we will not have Kyron around to hug and talk to. It hurts us deeply and our hearts are broken," the statement reads.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.