April 19, 2024, 10:22:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #1 6/5/10 - 6/30/10  (Read 566211 times)
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2010, 06:29:30 PM »

Facebook is located in Palo Alto, Ca.

Portland should be the same time zone. So, the posting time should be about the same. I was thinking that maybe they are in different time zones, and so there could've been an hour or so of difference, but they are not.

MAYBE she sent him on his way after the science fair, and rushed home to get online. Many people are like that, eager to get on the computer at any available time.

I read on another BB (the one that forbids people from sleuthing) that the step-mother had mentioned an appointment for Kyron and the teacher thought it was for Friday, but the SM says it was for next week. Note: I wonder if the appointment for next week could be confirmed by LE.

The teacher, according to this rumor, thought that he was away from the school on an appointment and that's why she didn't question his leaving the bag and the jacket.

I say it's a rumor, because I haven't seen any real reference, yet. Maybe someone else will find it.

Smile
Peace
Scared Monkey

« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2010, 06:47:29 PM »

Moossee, lol. I know the board you r speaking of. Too bad, they have some smart individuals there. I do understand not wanting to traumatize a family, but one's actions after a family member disappears are highly scrutinized, as they should be. Many times crimes are perpetrated by a family member. As an individual studying the behavioral sciences, I find her actions and apparent thought process highly suspect.

An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
Mohandas Gandhi
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2010, 07:00:25 PM »

I keep reading little tiny mentions that Step-mom had lost the family Cat?
Does anyone know if this was recent? that the cat was Missing or did it pass away?

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_search_attracts_1.html  in a comment about the cat

Just wondering if possibly the family made flyers/posters and it had Kyron in the photo with the cat? Or possible was said on the flyers - Children miss the cat? Reward * plus you never know what may trigger a freak when they see a certain child in person or in photo.  Like the case of Jaycee Dugard, the creep who kidnapped her, he went after girls that resembled her, prior to him, finding her. 
Anything is possible in today's society. If someone wants to score a buck or create a scam of another persons plights ..its easy to do. Even for little money.
That someone " a local" could have lured Kyron with " I found your Cat" -- I don't know when the cat was missing. Or if the cat again passed away.
Again just tossing thoughts into the air. As it seems,  that Kyron has gone Poof into thin air. Sad

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2010, 07:18:42 PM »

http://theportlander.com/2010/06/08/police-give-subtle-clues-in-kyron-horman-disappearance/

snipped:
he FBI was called in very early on in the investigation. The have since posted an alert at FBI.gov  to warn Americans that Kyron is in danger. The FBI has also brought in a profiler, along the likes of the popular TV show Criminal Minds. Not something you’d expect the FBI to do if they believed that Kyron was simply missing in the woods or taken by a family member.

Additionally, it is well known that that Kyron’s step mother dropped him off at school at 8:30am on Friday. She has told police that the last time she saw the 7 year old is when she left at 8:45am. Now, police have communicated that someone saw Kyron at 9am but they refuse to say who saw him, where at and what the circumstances where. The 9am event and mystery witness may hold the key to what happened to Kyron that fateful morning.
--
Comment of article above - posted 1 hour ago
snipped:
HollysGmom wrote
The teacher marked him absent because his step-mom told her in a crowded gym that he had an appointment....Terri now says the appointment was for the next week.
The authos is correct, there is alot to read between the lines as well as correlations of all neewsreports will help you find the little bits.
There was an unknown white truck in Kyron's neighborhood bothe Friday afternoon around 3:00 pm and 2:00 am Saturday morning. (Odd timing & placement)
THen there was a truck driver who reported a Kyron sighting South of Portland near the Sherwood area. The driver was female & driving a white/grey truck. The trucker saw what appeared to be a surprised/anxious Kyron against the window.
THey have already gathered, rephotoed, and rechecked all SRO's of the local area. CHeck an offender search. You will see they all have been updated as of yesterday.

We won't even discuss the timeline conflicting post to FB that Terri made that date...

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2010, 07:23:13 PM »

Blink ~

Thanks for your replies! 

In re your question about where did I read that the stepmom was playing a game on the computer after realizing Kyron had been missing all day... Terri called the school and then 911.  About an hour later, her facebook shows that she was playing Treasure Isle at 4:34 on Friday.  She had just achieved the rank of 'Pretty Pirate', so must have been playing at that time.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1512276158#!/terri.horman

4:34 on Friday........

Terri is now a Pretty Pirate in Treasure Isle!

Terri got a nice reward for being a great treasure hunter and wants to share some with you!

Friday at 4:34pm via Treasure Isle · Get the bonusTerri Moulton Horman

Terri just traded in the The Lost Adventuress treasures in Treasure Isle!

Terri got a huge reward for their hard work and wants to share it with you! Friday at 4:34pm via Treasure Isle

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Peace
Scared Monkey

« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2010, 07:37:37 PM »

I just learned that Facebook shows the time from the viewers time zone. I am incorrect in my assumptions.
Mods, would you please delete those posts.  Sincere apologies. Important to know for the future in reviewing FB posts.

An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
Mohandas Gandhi
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2010, 07:40:26 PM »

I want to be clear I am not making an accusation, just asking the same question I know LE has.

Why is the 16 your old living with Gma and Gpa and neither parent, for the past few months?

He is supposedly on a camping trip with Dad, for Boy Scouts, which btw, that should show you what I know, I never heard of a 16 year old boy scout.

Was thinking about those same things as well, Blink.  For the 16 yr old to be living with Gma and Gpa, it 'could' indicate probs at home.  And if there were, how much could that have affected Kyron. 

Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2010, 07:43:55 PM »

Even if the times are off by one, two, or three hours... still... a child is missing, and there are more important things to take care off (like searching, or asking for the child's return) than playing an imaginary princess in an imaginary computer game.

I for one relax at the computer when worried, or upset... so I understand she going online to do the same... but, a child is missing.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2010, 07:49:20 PM »

It just seems odd to me that they would have kids and parents gather at the school, starting the very next morning IIRC, in order to ask them questions etc.  While kids and parents gathered, the searching continued.  Why would they have the kids and parents gather in the very same area that they were and/or had been searching? 

Had the inside of the school been gone over by then, every square inch?  Had the outside of the school already been scoured for every possible clue? 

If that had not all been done by early next morning, oh well, too late. 

<shakes head>

IMO.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2010, 08:09:22 PM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_search_attracts_1.html

June 7, 2010

<snip>

Gates, the incident commander, said he was feeling closer to finding the boy "because we're getting leads that we're following up on."

"We're also eliminating areas that Kyron is not," he said.

Some tips have reached into Washington state, he said, without elaborating. At the same time, he expressed frustration that some people have called in nonsensical tips. "Since he did his science fair project on tree frogs," Gates said, "they'll call and say, 'He went to live with the tree frogs.' It wastes a lot of time."

<snip>

Investigators are holding tight to any clues or leads they might be pursuing. When asked about neighbors reporting a mysterious white pickup in the area, Gates said he didn't feel comfortable answering such questions.

At the same time, he asked for additional witnesses to come forward if they have helpful information. Tips can be directed to 503-261-2847.

"Any small tidbit that you might have," Gates said, "just might be the information that we need."

~~~~

IMO, they give conflicting statements about leads.  It seems to me that they want leads, but just ones that they deem to be sensible. 

I do understand the concerns about leads that appear not to make sense.  Some may not make seem to make sense at first glance, however I think they ought to be welcoming any and all tips/leads anyway.  To make the statement that some are a waste of time, may make some who have a tip/lead not call it in, for fear that they would think it was just nonsense. 

Such as the example given of the lead about maybe he went to live with the tree frogs.  They *could* try to put themselves into the mindset of a 7 yr old boy. Perhaps not adventurous in the past, that doesn't mean he doesn't have an imagination and maybe for the first time in his life decided to explore.  There are woods outside the school.  Maybe he went looking for a real tree frog, or wanted to climb a tree and act like one... getting himself lost in those woods.  Who knows?  But I wouldn't rule it out as nonsense. 

Think of the autistic girl who went exploring and got herself lost in the woods and swamps of FL.  Found safe many days later. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #90 on: June 08, 2010, 08:11:03 PM »

typo: meant to say above..

Some may not seem to make sense

Peace
Scared Monkey

« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2010, 08:19:26 PM »

This she posts on FB, I wonder if investigators asked her who she knew from HS who lives in Eugene......
Terri Moulton Horman "If you attended RHS with me and are in Eugene, OR please let me know."
She states news details are inaccurate, and will let people know soon about the inaccuracies.

Terri has not been playing any games on FB since she was aware that Kyron disappeared.

A note to the Horman family and friends: No one wishes any malice by reviewing the family and their actions. Many crimes are committed by family members. Usually the friends of those people who have committed crimes would have never believed they were capable fo such a crime. To eliminate family while investigating crimes would be simply unwise.
We have the case of Melissa Huckaby, a Sunday school teacher and mother or a young child who sexually molested and tortured a young child to death.
Recently, Debra Jeter, a mother, slit the throats of two of her own children.
Personally, I am here to look at this crime from all angles for the victim. I do this on a daily basis and have seen so much that to be thinking first about the families feelings would be counter-productive in that there is always a possibility that the perp could be a family member. We are a collective effort and we share findings so as to assist in a cooperative manner. Please recognize we are not a support group, we are researchers, and no harm is intended. Our intention is to help find this child. 

Mohandas Gandhi
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2010, 08:26:24 PM »

Peace ~

If Terri was not playing a game on FB after the 911 call, then please help me understand why it appears that she was.  Confused.

Peace
Scared Monkey

« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2010, 08:28:34 PM »

Wyks, It is because we are viewing the times in our own time zone, not Oregon's time zone.

Mohandas Gandhi
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2010, 09:10:33 PM »

Thanks Peace!

Back to reading...

AmandaReckonwith
Scared Monkey

« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2010, 09:11:43 PM »

Case archive album for Kyron Horman:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Kyron%20Horman%20%20-OR-/

Saved pictures and vids from lots of cases:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2010, 10:44:40 PM »

http://theportlander.com/2010/06/08/police-give-subtle-clues-in-kyron-horman-disappearance/
Police Give Subtle Clues in Kyron Horman Disappearance
June 8, 2010

Tuesday marks the 5th day that Kyron Horman has been missing and the latest news has provided no new information to curious Oregonians praying for his return. But that doesn’t mean that police haven’t learned more and more every day and it certainly doesn’t mean they don’t know what might have happened to Kyron.

The Multnomah County Sheriffs Office has held twice daily news breifings and have had few details for those listening. Reading between the lines, however, can tell us a lot.

First, the principal of Skyline, speaking along the police,  classified the search as a criminal investigation. This likely means they have ruled out the idea that Kyron walked away from the school on his own. Authorities know something that tells them Kyron was forced to leave Skyline Elementary.

The FBI was called in very early on in the investigation. The have since posted an alert at FBI.gov to warn Americans that Kyron is in danger. The FBI has also brought in a profiler, along the lines of the popular TV show Criminal Minds. Not something you’d expect the FBI to do if they believed that Kyron was simply missing in the woods or taken by a family member.

Additionally, it is well known that that Kyron’s step mother dropped him off at school at 8:30am on Friday. She has told police that the last time she saw the 7 year old is when she left at 8:45am. Now, police have communicated that someone saw Kyron at 9am but they refuse to say who, where at and what the circumstances where. The 9am event and mystery witness may hold the key to what happened to Kyron that fateful morning.

Finally, in the Tuesday noon press briefing by the Multnomah County Sheriffs office, Cpt Jason Gates refused to answer key questions from reporters. These questions included “is there any indication that a stranger was inside Skyline Elementary on Friday morning” and “Are searchers now focusing on specific search areas now rather than all the area around Skyline Elementary?” His standard response was to say that he could not give out those details. Does this mean there are details to give out?

So what have authorities learned over the past 5 days of investigation? It seems they have learned enough to eliminate the idea that Kyron left on his own, enough to focus on specific geographic areas in their search and enough to avoid questions about the presence of a stranger inside Skyline Elementary school on Friday morning, June 4th.

This is good news in way, it means that law enforcement is doing their job and getting closer to finding Kyron.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Peace
Scared Monkey

« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2010, 11:19:02 PM »

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Criminal-profiler-analyzes-Kyron-case-95921749.html

PORTLAND -- An expert criminal profiler talked to KGW about his theories on what happened to Kyron Horman.

Dr. Ron Turco said something about this case does not add up. Turco does not believe that Kyron walked away with a stranger. He believes that the young boy was smart enough to know not to leave school with a stranger, so he must have left with someone he knew - possibly a family member or a family friend, or someone else that he trusted.

Dr. Turco also theorized that if Kyron was kidnapped, it could have been by someone familiar who holds a vendetta against the Horman family.

If he were on the case, Turco said that he would develop a friendship with the family and friends and a rapport with them so he could get more information in a very gentle way that could eventually lead to a clue in Kyron's disappearance.

The Horman family seems like a very religious family. Maybe this is the vendetta?
Yes, understanding the mind of a 2nd grader is important here. I believe that Kyron left w/ a family member or family 'friend'. He would likely ask permission from a teacher to leave the building, once inside for any other person. An abduction such as this took real inside knowledge. Anything could have gone wrong with some outsider planning this. How would they know the child's reactions so well? How would they know they would not be detected? How would they know the school would not call to confirm his absence? If the perp was inside the school building and someone saw Kyron talking to and walking with a person who was not his parent, they may be suspicious, or at least take notice so I don't believe that happened. That would be such a dumb move for a perp, and a sure-fire way of planning to getting caught. With the FBI getting on this case so quickly, I believe CARD has a very good idea of what happened. Does anyone know if any search was done in Wallowa County? 
Abducted from inside his school after the 2nd bell rang on his way to his classroom and just prior to attendence being taken?

Mohandas Gandhi
newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #98 on: June 09, 2010, 01:02:08 AM »

Thanks all for all of the info. and thanks Peace for clarifying things.
 I am confused as to when roll call happened.
 The original story claimed at 8:45 the children would meet in their classrooms and be put into groups to tour the science fair until 10:00 a.m. I thought at that time the children would go back to class and resume regular classes until the talent show at 1:00. So at 10:00 a.m. roll call would occur. Why would a teacher think that if Kyron went to an appt. he would leave his coat and bookbag behind for the entire weekend. I am not blaming the teacher , I am just wondering about the the lack of thought process regarding this. If you said you were taking your child from school to an appt. why would you leave their coat and backpack behind, and isn't standard procedure signing your child out? I am wondering about the grouping as well. Who delegated the groups? Kyron could have been easily lured out by someone he trusted. Even precocious children tend to be submissive to someone asking for help. Kyron had friends, there were lots of people around. Someone had to have seen something.
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #99 on: June 09, 2010, 11:42:37 AM »

Good Morning America and a few other media say that today the "family" will release a statement. There is no mention of specific times, and whether the statement will be by the father and step-mother, or the father and bio-mother.

I've been thinking about the timeline, and wonder... if the step-mother didn't really walk him to the hallway near his classroom and lied about it... it would open a small set of possibilities.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.