April 24, 2024, 06:43:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #1 6/5/10 - 6/30/10  (Read 566778 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #940 on: June 22, 2010, 01:45:13 PM »

Good Afternoon Monkeys,
Been MIA for the last week, but have a question. When our schools have science fairs, they usually have to have their projects in a day or two before the showing. The night before we usually have a parents night to come by and see all the projects, as a lot of parents work during the day. Did they have a parents night on Thursday at Kyron's school?? Or was it just a 30 minute deal in the morning? Was Kyron even at school on Friday?
Well that is about 3 questions but they have been bugging me. How do you have 300 children plus all the parents come in and see the projects in about 30-45 minutes early in the morning.What about the rest of the family, grandparents? Did they also have only 30-45 minutes to look at the projects? I am a grandmother and when any of the kids have something at school I usually attend. I have four in the same school, so would want to have time to see each of their projects. I hope this is making sense. Got alot of things running around in my head on this one.
Hi Darla! I hope you are doing well. Those are some good questions. I hadn't read anything about a prior viewing of the science fair for parents but they may have. I would imagine the projects would have been brought in at least the day before to allow the teacher to view and grade them.
Great to see you Darla.  Those are good questions, the science fair projects had to have been set up a day or two ahead of time, at least I would sure think so.
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #941 on: June 22, 2010, 01:47:19 PM »

Elinor and her family has apparently lived in the area for quite a long time. Possibly that all of her Children attended the same school as Kyron? If so all would most likely be very familiar with this school etc...

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #942 on: June 22, 2010, 02:04:42 PM »

Elinor and her family has apparently lived in the area for quite a long time. Possibly that all of her Children attended the same school as Kyron? If so all would most likely be very familiar with this school etc...
excellent point! I still need to go back and read her editorials. I wonder if the name Kelley is like Smith in this area.

I also saw at insessions, that Kyron's grandfather (paternal) writes children s books. Some of the posters felt there was something to his writings but I do not see anything that gave me the creeps. Some of the stories were about a tree frog and had a red squirrel named "Terri" as one of the characters. All coincidence IMO. Here is the link:
http://northwesttales.com/

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #943 on: June 22, 2010, 02:09:06 PM »

Who was the uncle with and how old are they now? Jess Star and I had a brief exchange about the charges, 3rd degree molestation sounds like he was with 2 other people at least, one being under the age of 18 but older then 16 and the other minor under 16 but older then 14? The artcle said They were all in bed together so who knows who else was there and what this was all about.
Thanks, they were girls, right? At least I thought that is what I read, one perhaps a step daughter.
It didn't say who was in the bed although it said somewhere a step daughter. However he was not at a wife's home, he was at the home of his girlfriend who he was said to have lived with along with her mom. I think there was mention of a young child.
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #944 on: June 22, 2010, 02:11:15 PM »

excellent point! I still need to go back and read her editorials. I wonder if the name Kelley is like Smith in this area.

I also saw at insessions, that Kyron's grandfather (paternal) writes children s books. Some of the posters felt there was something to his writings but I do not see anything that gave me the creeps. Some of the stories were about a tree frog and had a red squirrel named "Terri" as one of the characters. All coincidence IMO. Here is the link:

Personally I don't see anything there. A lot of writers substitute family members names in stories that they are writing. My Mother does that also. (She is more of a sci-fi buff so if my name ended up being given to a purple sloth with five eyes I wouldn't be surprised. T/G she doesn't read here. I'd hate to give her any ideas. LOL!)

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #945 on: June 22, 2010, 02:12:17 PM »

Thanks Cartfly, I am doing great.

There is something that is justing pulling at my one brain cell, can't put my finger on it yet.
I use to volunteer on a daily bases when my oldest grandson was in elementary. Our school has about 700 kids but anytime you went farther than the front office you had to sign in and get a vistors pass or a volunteer badge. All volunteers have a background check run before being allowed to be in the school. I have 2 grandkids that are in what is Called "Discovery School".
It is a specialized class that the kids start out in Kindergarten together and remain with their same classmates all the way through elementary school. They have a different curriculum from the other classes within the school. Parents must put in 30 hrs of volunteer service for each child in Discovery School.They have a special program once a month called Book Talk and parents go some mornings and grandparents go some morning. Once I sign in at the office, I also have to sign in at the door to my grandchilds classroom. Any time I am in the classroom it counts toward my daughters volunteer hours. As does being a chaperone on field trips.
I just can't see how they just opened the doors on a school morning with all the parents and whoever coming into the school for the science fair without some tighter security. I think Kyron's school has some splainin to do.   
I definitely think this is a wake up calls for schools around the country. My sons school is lax on the security in my opinion. I plan to bring up the security issues with the principal when school returns in August. I wish our school had a "discovery" program. I like the concept of the children staying together. Kudos to your grandchildren s school for having the sense to have a decent security plan in place. I hope if anything Kyron's case brings awareness to all schools. I know I will be bringing it up and following up until someone listens to me when the kids go back to school. 

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #946 on: June 22, 2010, 02:15:39 PM »

Personally I don't see anything there. A lot of writers substitute family members names in stories that they are writing. My Mother does that also. (She is more of a sci-fi buff so if my name ended up being given to a purple sloth with five eyes I wouldn't be surprised. T/G she doesn't read here. I'd hate to give her any ideas. LOL!)
Too funny!! ROFL.

mediamama
Scared Monkey

« Reply #947 on: June 22, 2010, 02:24:03 PM »

Who was the uncle with and how old are they now? Jess Star and I had a brief exchange about the charges, 3rd degree molestation sounds like he was with 2 other people at least, one being under the age of 18 but older then 16 and the other minor under 16 but older then 14? The artcle said They were all in bed together so who knows who else was there and what this was all about.
Thanks, they were girls, right? At least I thought that is what I read, one perhaps a step daughter.
It didn't say who was in the bed although it said somewhere a step daughter. However he was not at a wife's home, he was at the home of his girlfriend who he was said to have lived with along with her mom. I think there was mention of a young child.

Yep. Right here. Though I'm still unclear on who all was in the bed...?!

Kristian Scott Horman of Everett, Wash., (and brother of Kaine Horman, Kyron’s father) was convicted of child molestation charges (stemming from another child) Wednesday and booked into Snohomish County Jail with no bail, as first reported last week by the blinkoncrime website (http://blinkoncrime.com).

According to the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office, Kristian Horman was originally arrested in February 2009 for third-degree child molestation in the October 2008 case of his 15-year-old stepdaughter. He was released on parole and not in custody until being convicted and booked into jail June 16. He was sentenced to 180 days in jail. Third-degree child molestation is a Class C felony.

Rebecca Hover, a Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman, said she's “not aware of any law enforcement agency that's called our agency about Kyron or Kristian Horman.”

Swamped by calls of interest from the national media, she said, she has checked with her county's major crimes and special investigations unit, and they had not been familiar with any connection to the Kyron Horman case.

According to Kristian Horman's booking documents, he had no prior record of criminal charges other than failing to renew his vehicle registration. The molestation incident occured when "they were all in the same house, in the same bed," said Hal Hupp, the prosecutor in the case. "He almost immediately admitted he'd done what he'd done."

Hover said Kristian Horman has declined to speak to the media, but refers calls to his Seattle attorney, Donna Johnston.

Johnston did not return the Tribune's call seeking comment.

http://www.spotlightnews.net/news/story_2nd.php?story_id=127687387448812800

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light."

- Plato
mediamama
Scared Monkey

« Reply #948 on: June 22, 2010, 02:48:18 PM »

My imagination is in overdrive today - I'm just throwing a few things out there:

How large a drug smuggling/growing problem does Oregon have?

Has anyone else read/seen/heard about Mexican drug cartels that convince former U.S. military to become "hit men" or bodyguards for them (I assume because of their specialized training...)?

There is what appears to be a large Marine base in SoCal - Camp Pendleton. Can't get much closer to the Mexican border than that. Coincidentally, according to his Classmates.com profile, Uncle Kristian was stationed there until 2002. Considering the fact the the FBI was involved very early on in this case, I wonder if it's possible that there's a connection to the drug smuggling issue here.

Probably not a factor at all, but this is a great outlet for my musings!

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light."

- Plato
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #949 on: June 22, 2010, 03:19:40 PM »

Curious did SM call 911 before calling the school or the Bus garage to check if Kyron fell asleep on bus? I would have thought the child may have fallen asleep on the bus before I thought he was stolen. JMO

Poster Herman Munster seems to feel SM may have acted prematurely by calling 911 before SM found out if the
child was still on the bus, etc.  I am paraphasing HM comment.

by HermanMunster1234 June 22, 2010 1:51 PM EDT

Wow, I had no idea this case was so obvious until I read all the collected evidence. How convenient he disappears on the day on the science fair, and how smart of the stepmom to create an "alibi" by coincidentally taking his picture and posting it on facebook. While clever, I hope the cops can see past this. Also why did she call 911 the moment he didnt come home on the bus? Wouldnt calling the school or the bus garage been a first step. Calling 911 to me screams guilt as why would one assume police action is necessary, until they know the person is gone. In this case she KNEW he was gone, because she did it! CASE CLOSED.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20008276-504083.html#addcomm

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #950 on: June 22, 2010, 03:26:14 PM »

Curious, again...has anyone looked up SM on Classmates.com?  I don't have a membership to CM.
She was listed 1988 -Roseburg High School, Roseburg, Oregon.  Thank-you.  I was just curious if she had a
squirrel like hair-do.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #951 on: June 22, 2010, 03:27:22 PM »

Trying to separate fact from rumor...Where did we hear of the cell phone pings. Did LE state this or was it said by someone claiming to be apart of the investigation or someone knowing someone who is close to the investigation? I think it was said by someone claiming to be a sherrifs wife or something like that, is that correct?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #952 on: June 22, 2010, 03:29:55 PM »

I think the step mom called the school when Kyron was not on the bus. The driver told her he was not at the school to be picked up. After calling the school she then called the police and the school called as well.
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #953 on: June 22, 2010, 03:58:41 PM »

Curious, again...has anyone looked up SM on Classmates.com?  I don't have a membership to CM.
She was listed 1988 -Roseburg High School, Roseburg, Oregon.  Thank-you.  I was just curious if she had a
squirrel like hair-do.

No info on classmates, no pic. Just that she was in class of 1988, Roseburg, Or.
Love2Read
Scared Monkey

« Reply #954 on: June 22, 2010, 04:00:55 PM »

Hello everyone.  I have been following this case, but this is the first time I have caught up enough to post Smile
Thank you for all of the good discussion and links.
I haven't read yet if the mother had the 18month old with her at the science fair that day too or if the baby was with a babysitter.  Does anyone know?

I pray Kyron will be found safe and sound.
Hi Love2Read!

I thought I read somewhere that the baby was with a friend so she could clean house and run errands. Glad to have you here! Smile

Thank you Cartfly Smile
If she left the baby with a friend so that she could clean and run errands, I wonder why she did not attend the talent show that afternoon.  She has my hinky meter in overdrive.

May Zahra's Spirit shine forever.

Justice for Zahra.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #955 on: June 22, 2010, 04:15:22 PM »

Where did the cell phone ping story come from? Anyone know or want to help track that down?

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #956 on: June 22, 2010, 04:28:51 PM »

Where did the cell phone ping story come from? Anyone know or want to help track that down?

Hi TracyGirl
As far as I can tell that cell phone pings story came from a blog/news site that said it came from numerous un named sources.HinkyMeter has more about that:
http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/06/21/kyron-horman-update-062110/#comments

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #957 on: June 22, 2010, 04:51:30 PM »

I think the step mom called the school when Kyron was not on the bus. The driver told her he was not at the school to be picked up. After calling the school she then called the police and the school called as well.

I had not heard that the SM had called the police at all..I have thought that she had called the school and the person that she spoke with at the school then called 911 after getting off the phone with SM...could be wrong, but that is my take on it from what I have read...

Darla...good to see you !

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #958 on: June 22, 2010, 04:56:07 PM »

Snipped and copied from my Blink on crime post

it is from a blog writer named James Pitkin. Here is the link to the blog. Seems that this blog has caused a ton of attention to this case all from according to the writer, “sources” in different levels of law enforcement…hmm last time I checked LE was saying they couldn’t comment. so who is commenting, if in fact they are commenting? Is this crediable enough to conclude it as fact and quote this over and over again?

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06/17/sources-search-for-kyron-horman-focuses-on-step-mom-cell-records
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #959 on: June 22, 2010, 04:58:03 PM »

Hi TracyGirl
As far as I can tell that cell phone pings story came from a blog/news site that said it came from numerous un named sources.HinkyMeter has more about that:
http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/06/21/kyron-horman-update-062110/#comments

Yes I think it was that Willamette blog.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.