March 28, 2024, 11:35:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suspected Serial Killer Sparks Multi-State Investigation MI, OH and KY  (Read 9258 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: June 09, 2010, 06:59:11 PM »

Suspected Serial Killer Sparks Multi-State Investigation
Investigators Believed Confessed Killer Responsible For Several Other Murders

UPDATED: 6:15 pm EDT June 9, 2010

He’s been called charming, good looking and disarming and he’s being compared to Ted Bundy.

THEN:
 NOW:
Nolan Ray George, 67, has spent little more than 20 years of his life behind bars even though he’s committed some heinous crimes.

Through plea deals, appeals and legal loopholes George has managed to live virtually everyday as a free man since 1992.

But now, a multi-state task force with investigators from MI, OH and KY are working to get him back to prison.

The task force believes George could be responsible for several cold case murders that share a common cause of death—the women were strangled with their undergarments.

In the August 1967, Della Mae Miller's body was found in Ludlow, Kentucky. She had been strangled with her own nylons.

George lived blocks from Lang's Restaurant where Miller worked. Soon after her death, George moved to Pontiac.

“All of a sudden, Michigan had a slew of homicides,” said Bulter County Ohio Sherrif Det. Frank Smith.

A Lake Orion woman was killed, again, strangled with her panty hose. George pleaded guilty in 1969 to second-degree murder in that case.

He was expected to get a lengthy sentence and was eventually handed 40 to 60 years in prison.

Meanwhile, Oakland County investigators had prior cases with the same cause of death, and as part of a plea deal, and in an attempt to solve those crimes, prosecutors allowed George to confess without charges.

In turn, he did confessed to the murder of a Pontiac woman and the near-strangulation death of another, but he did not do time for those crimes.

Oakland County Prosecutor Jessica Cooper just told the Defenders she has not found an original written plea agreement in the case. She's now looking to charge George based on those confession.

But back in the late 60s and 70s George received favorable appeals, and only spend 12 years in a MI prison for second-degree murder. Soon after he was released, he moved to Hamilton, Ohio.

"Within ten months we had our first homicide, Cindy Garland Rose,” said Smith.

“I wish him all the hell and torment that the world can give him,” said Rose’s cousin Annette Preston.

Rose was strangled and left for dead in a grassy area in the rural town of Hamilton.

A beer can near her body had George’s fingerprint.

Medical examiners concluded that Rose died of hyperthermia and under OH law, George could only be charged with manslaughter.

It’s a decision that still angers Preston to this day. “It feels like an extreme injustice,” Preston said.

George spent 10 years in prison in Rose's death.

A killing within weeks of Rose’s death, in which the victim was strangled, has never been solved; George is still a suspect.

“I don't understand how he's in his middle 60s and he's killed women, and what, he's served a total of 21 years out of his life?” said Preston.

George now lives in Amelia, OH near Cincinnati. He’s currently serving out 30 days in jail for a concealed weapons charge and threatening his landlord.

He’s expected to be released in days.
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/23849561/detail.html

I do not think we have this case here, if we do...I'll merge.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 06:00:58 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 07:03:28 PM »

from May 14, 2010
Serial Killer Central reports.... <<Joran van der Sloot may be on that site in the near future>> if they find more victims....just sayin' Wink

Convicted Murderer Is Mowing Lawns in Amelia
Cold case detectives in three states are comparing notes on unsolved murders of women in Michigan, Kentucky and Ohio. A smooth talking blue eyed killer is at the center of each investigation. He's already done time for the deaths of two women. Local 12's Deborah Dixon tracked down the suspected serial killer - in a Tri-State neighborhood.

The summer of 1967, "Ode to Billy Joe" was one of the songs on the juke box at Lang's Restaurant in Covington. August 5th was 24 year old Della Mae Miller's second day on the job, and her last day on Earth. Eight days later squirrel hunters found Della Mae's body in Ludlow, Kentucky. She was strangled with her own nylons.

That's the method of operation that has cold case detectives from three states looking at one man. Frank Smith of the Butler County Sheriff's Office explains: "The task force purpose is to look at all homicides we believe Nolan Ray George was involved in." Nolan Ray George lived blocks from Lang's Restaurant. He moved to Pontiac, Michigan after Della was killed.

"All of a sudden, Michigan had a slew of homicides." Homicides of young women strangled with panty hose and bras. One was left for dead. Three others found dead.

Nolan Ray was seen with one of the women found strangled and was convicted of her murder. He did 12 years prison time, then moved to Hamilton. "Within ten months we had our first homicide, Cindy Garland Rose. Within a few weeks of that, Tammy King. KILLED EXACTLY THE SAME WAY? Strangled, correct."

Both young women were found nearly nude strangled and face down in Butler County woods. Next to Cindy's body..a beer can with Nolan Ray's fingerprint. He was charged with manslaughter because even though Cindy Rose was strangled until she was unconscious, she died of hypothermia. Nolan Ray did just a decade behind bars.

Frank Smith recently got his DNA to compare with another unsolved murder in Northern Ohio. Where is Nolan Ray now?

"HEY HOW ARE YOU DOING?"

Last week we found him mowing the yard of the Amelia apartment complex where he lives. " I don't want to talk about nothing, like that. I done my time, don't want to talk to nobody."

With Nolan Ray George living in downtown Amelia, Frank Smith went to local cops with ominous warning. "We advised them we had a known serial killer on their streets if they had any homicides there is one person should look at."

"I thought she was forgotten." Tammy King's sister, Karen Byrd, said the family is still haunted by the unsolved murder.

Tammy was a hitchhiker. Police believe Nolan Ray gave her the last ride of her life. "I can't believe he's out there mowing the grass. He needs to be convicted in jail until he rots."

Frank Smith has talked to Nolan Ray many times over 20 years. He calls him a charmer...with Paul Newman eyes and a Ted Bundy heart. "I personally believe Nolan Ray George is like Ted Bundy cannot stop killing he will kill until he's locked up or meets his demise."

The steely blue eyes have faded some. Will we ever know how many women looked into them before they died?
http://www.skcentral.com/news.php?readmore=4368
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 07:06:35 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 07:05:00 PM »

More links for those with interest....

http://www.local12.com/news/local/story/Convicted-Murderer-Is-Mowing-Lawns-in-Amelia/gmMYauMmzEOKX1oqo035OA.cspx

http://www.citizen-times.com/article/C4/20100609/NEWS03/6090335/Confession-deal-backfires-and-serial-killer-goes-free

http://www.dailytribune.com/articles/2010/05/25/news/doc4bfc183058dd6570099308.txt

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.