May 01, 2024, 02:40:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #496 7/16 - 7/18/2006  (Read 134667 times)
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #620 on: July 18, 2006, 09:38:15 AM »

Quote from: "cubbeegirl"
Quote from: "thecuz"
have to head off for work...but saw cubbee...and wanted to say hi and hope you enjoyed the mountains of ark....i love it up there...even tho i am way down south...lol!!
picked a bad time to go tho....hot...hot...hot
102 here yesterday!!!

Hey cuz! The mountains were gorgeous... the ball games were ridiculously hot! And I am gonna go out on a limb here and be O/T...if ya aren't interested just scroll on by. We tied for fifth place out of 28 teams and won the Sportsmanship award for the whole tournament, so it was a pretty good trip.... Very Happy

that is great....both awards....softball or baseball? boys or girls?
now i really do have to run...will be late....
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #621 on: July 18, 2006, 09:38:27 AM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
fyingmermaid - thanks for dinner Friday; it was lovely ...  Wink

Of course that should be fLyingmermaid ... poor manners to mis-type the hostess's name ...

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #622 on: July 18, 2006, 09:39:25 AM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Thanks to Ms. Marple and FM.

I bet that Easy will take the red one. Wink

RIGHT! lol
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #623 on: July 18, 2006, 09:39:50 AM »

Quote from: "cubbeegirl"
have to head off for work...but saw cubbee...and wanted to say hi and hope you enjoyed the mountains of ark....i love it up there...even tho i am way down south...lol!!
picked a bad time to go tho....hot...hot...hot
102 here yesterday!!!

Hey cuz! The mountains were gorgeous... the ball games were ridiculously hot! And I am gonna go out on a limb here and be O/T...if ya aren't interested just scroll on by. We tied for fifth place out of 28 teams and won the Sportsmanship award for the whole tournament, so it was a pretty good trip.... Very Happy

that is great....both awards....softball or baseball? boys or girls?
now i really do have to run...will be late....

Fourteen year old boys baseball. Have a good day at work.Is that an oxymoron??? Rolling Eyes  Wink

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #624 on: July 18, 2006, 09:43:55 AM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"
Good morning all Monkeys~

It already feels like 100 degrees and it's only 5:45 AM...so all you Monkeys take it slow and keep cool in this heat.

For our cooler climate monkeys, enjoy!

Wishing everyone a good day....maybe we'll get some news soon...

and if someone who has Tyler's e mail please extend my best to her and that I miss her alot .

The board is just not like home without her.

Peace~

I have talked to Tyler she is taking a little break...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #625 on: July 18, 2006, 09:44:19 AM »

Oh Kimmie  LOL  I just love your saying "Like a Duck on a June Bug  !"   your such a cutie Smile   LOL
    Jerry from ohio

I think it is impossible to have agreed upon O/T topics.  We can't ask Klaas to police the board like that. -

That being said, When it is time to discuss news or something new comes up, the Monkeys are on it like a duck on a junebug.   We're all in this together, and I can't think of another group I'd rather be with.[/quote]

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #626 on: July 18, 2006, 09:49:16 AM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
This is almost editorial, but:

Ya know, I can’t help but feel like I caused much of this discourse.  I would like to apologize, but I’m not sure for what.  I was bored, there was no news and I took a pictorial trip down memory lane and for some reason that offended people.  Why my simple life would offend is beyond me, but it did for some reason, best left alone.

Now, we all find ourselves in a strange predicament.  What is O/T and what is preference?  Can one illness take precedence over another?  Can cats become more important that dogs?  Can one type of music be preferential over another?  There is no answer and once restrictions are placed upon an open society such as a message board the restrictions move more closely toward strangulation.

Such restrictions beckon the moderators to make decisions about what is important and what is not.  Although heart disease is still the number one killer in this country it may not fit into the agenda of this board.  Some of us may like cats, but if that fails to meet the criteria of this board we fall below accepted standards.  If a picture of one asshole playing pool (me) can upset the synchronism of this site so easily, maybe it is not the individual you should look upon.  

What do you people want this board to become?

(sorry, I’m pissed)

Klaasend wrote:
I HAVE A REQUEST REGARDING OFF TOPIC CONVERSATIONS:

Some is to be expected especially when there's no news in the case. But if the topic is about anatomy or medical problems, or former posters - please create a thread in the Monkey Lounge to discuss. If you have pictures of your house/car/sock monkeys/cats etc, please start a thread in the Monkey Lounge. You are welcome to post a link to that thread in the LCD. Let's try to keep the LCD as much case related as possible.

Also, when there is news and we have a guest like Dana posting let's please try to be respectful of his time and stay on topic.

It know we can't be on topic all the time and expect off topic when times are slow. Let's just try to take as much of it as we can to the Monkey Lounge. The hellos and how's the weather are fine and to be expected.

One more thing, whether you like it or not...I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE. I'm staying until we have resolution in this case and most likely beyond that.

San wrote:

Easy I don't think you are the cause of the problem and feel there is no need for an apology.  We are all guilty of O/T posts and to tell you the truth I scroll past most of them.

I think Klaas just wants to keep this one particular thread just about Natalee and wants the O/T posts kept to a minimum.

Speaking of restrictions.  It bothers me when people want to talk about Shango and other posters seem to be bothered by it.  I think people have the right to talk about Shango and it should be discussed here because it is part of the case whether you believe it or not.  I encourage all the Shango posters to keep talking about it.  Especially when we learned the other day about the Elders.  The first time I heard about Elders it was mentioned in the Shango posts Shocked   There should be no restrictions about the case.

Medical issues are very important and should be discussed as well as dogs and cats, etc.  Maybe there should be a daily discussion thread made in the Monkey Lounge.

Easy you have contributed a lot to this board and I for one appreciate what you have done to help the case.

San
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #627 on: July 18, 2006, 09:55:09 AM »

This is just my opinion, so it might be totally wrong. However, one reason people post things that are O/T is that they care about one another and want to talk with those people.

The LCD thread gets a lot of the O/T because people can more actively "converse" with one another on the LCD. If you post something in the Lounge, it might be days before you get a response to a question.

One way to stop a lot of O/T and keep the LCD for case discussion only would be to have a chat room again.

Just a suggestion. Smile

I Stand With The Girl
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #628 on: July 18, 2006, 09:58:56 AM »

This is just my opinion, so it might be totally wrong. However, one reason people post things that are O/T is that they care about one another and want to talk with those people.

The LCD thread gets a lot of the O/T because people can more actively "converse" with one another on the LCD. If you post something in the Lounge, it might be days before you get a response to a question.

One way to stop a lot of O/T and keep the LCD for case discussion only would be to have a chat room again.

Just a suggestion. Smile

IMO a good suggestion. I miss our chat room.

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #629 on: July 18, 2006, 09:59:29 AM »

Thank you San, but I think Shango is a crock-o-chit!  None of it made sense to me and if there was an ounce of truth it should have been revealed.  I would gladly beat those jerks into submission and their rhyming days would have been over quickly.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #630 on: July 18, 2006, 10:01:05 AM »

Just a suggestion. Smile

Chat is a good thing Laughing
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #631 on: July 18, 2006, 10:01:28 AM »

Just a suggestion. Smile

CAPITOL IDEA!

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #632 on: July 18, 2006, 10:02:42 AM »

Thank you San, but I think Shango is a crock-o-chit!  None of it made sense to me and if there was an ounce of truth it should have been revealed.  I would gladly beat those jerks into submission and their rhyming days would have been over quickly.

Gosh, Easy - why don't you tell us what you REALLY think about Shango!  Laughing

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #633 on: July 18, 2006, 10:05:02 AM »

Gosh, Easy - why don't you tell us what you REALLY think about Shango!  Laughing

I agree with Easy.

I don't care one bit if people want to talk about it.....

I just scroll thru it, or go put a load of laundry in..... Laughing

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #634 on: July 18, 2006, 10:06:43 AM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"

I agree with Easy.

I don't care one bit if people want to talk about it.....

I just scroll thru it, or go put a load of laundry in..... Laughing

I do the same....

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #635 on: July 18, 2006, 10:08:59 AM »

Easy I would love to see you beat the chit out of them along with the three suspects.  The Shango post never made sense to me either Easy.  Whether we believe Shango or not it should not be kept from discussion.  There are people who believe it and there are people who don't.  It is part of the case whether it is true or not that's all I'm saying
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #636 on: July 18, 2006, 10:10:37 AM »

Quote from: "San"

Easy I would love to see you beat the chit out of them along with the three suspects.  The Shango post never made sense to me either Easy.  Whether we believe Shango or not it should not be kept from discussion.  There are people who believe it and there are people who don't.  It is part of the case whether it is true or not that's all I'm saying

I don't think anyone is suggesting that it be kept out.

On the contrary......it is an example of something that may not interest all, but has a right to be posted.

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #637 on: July 18, 2006, 10:10:39 AM »

It is a nonsensical limerick brought into this travesty.  I would gladly beat the truth out of these characters that hide behind pseudonyms.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #638 on: July 18, 2006, 10:13:41 AM »

Quote from: "San"

Ya know, I can’t help but feel like I caused much of this discourse.  I would like to apologize, but I’m not sure for what.  I was bored, there was no news and I took a pictorial trip down memory lane and for some reason that offended people.  Why my simple life would offend is beyond me, but it did for some reason, best left alone.

Now, we all find ourselves in a strange predicament.  What is O/T and what is preference?  Can one illness take precedence over another?  Can cats become more important that dogs?  Can one type of music be preferential over another?  There is no answer and once restrictions are placed upon an open society such as a message board the restrictions move more closely toward strangulation.

Such restrictions beckon the moderators to make decisions about what is important and what is not.  Although heart disease is still the number one killer in this country it may not fit into the agenda of this board.  Some of us may like cats, but if that fails to meet the criteria of this board we fall below accepted standards.  If a picture of one asshole playing pool (me) can upset the synchronism of this site so easily, maybe it is not the individual you should look upon.  

What do you people want this board to become?

(sorry, I’m pissed)

Klaasend wrote:
I HAVE A REQUEST REGARDING OFF TOPIC CONVERSATIONS:

Some is to be expected especially when there's no news in the case. But if the topic is about anatomy or medical problems, or former posters - please create a thread in the Monkey Lounge to discuss. If you have pictures of your house/car/sock monkeys/cats etc, please start a thread in the Monkey Lounge. You are welcome to post a link to that thread in the LCD. Let's try to keep the LCD as much case related as possible.

Also, when there is news and we have a guest like Dana posting let's please try to be respectful of his time and stay on topic.

It know we can't be on topic all the time and expect off topic when times are slow. Let's just try to take as much of it as we can to the Monkey Lounge. The hellos and how's the weather are fine and to be expected.

One more thing, whether you like it or not...I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE. I'm staying until we have resolution in this case and most likely beyond that.

San wrote:

Easy I don't think you are the cause of the problem and feel there is no need for an apology.  We are all guilty of O/T posts and to tell you the truth I scroll past most of them.

I think Klaas just wants to keep this one particular thread just about Natalee and wants the O/T posts kept to a minimum.

Speaking of restrictions.  It bothers me when people want to talk about Shango and other posters seem to be bothered by it.  I think people have the right to talk about Shango and it should be discussed here because it is part of the case whether you believe it or not.  I encourage all the Shango posters to keep talking about it.  Especially when we learned the other day about the Elders.  The first time I heard about Elders it was mentioned in the Shango posts Shocked   There should be no restrictions about the case.  absolutely not and it's not been asked by Klaasend or Red or Tom that it not be mentioned... that I am aware of..
Medical issues are very important and should be discussed as well as dogs and cats, etc. Maybe there should be a daily discussion thread made in the Monkey Lounge. [/b]

Easy you have contributed a lot to this board and I for one appreciate what you have done to help the case.

San

I agree with what you just said... and I have to step in and say that I am one of the biggest offenders of off topic... but let's be honest for a second:

Easy, would you have posted your picture over and over at BFN?  Honestly??? I didn't think so, why not?

The conversations about people's health, kids and pets are fine...[/b] what has been asked is that we keep the "big deck" cnversations in the lounge... I am guilty of that one as well... admittedly, but I can put that in the lounge and be happy to do so...

NO EASY, or anyone wasn't a problem or the target .. I am glad that you are here to contribute to the case and to fill us in on Jossy... but you said it yourself in your post and this is a direct quote:

Easywriter said:

Ya know, I can’t help but feel like I caused much of this discourse. I would like to apologize, but I’m not sure for what. I was bored, there was no news and I took a pictorial trip down memory lane and for some reason that offended people. Why my simple life would offend is beyond me, but it did for some reason, best left alone.

why does it piss everyone off that Klaasend, Tom and Red want to keep that in the lounge???

Y'all tell me... I am not trying to point out anyone, because I am guilty... but I am trying to say why and what we are trying to do...

OK.. start the flames>>>

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #639 on: July 18, 2006, 10:13:58 AM »

Hey Monkeys ... please abide by the rules and behave.

Klaas put out a request yesterday. If people want to just chat with one another ... go to the monkey lounge and create a chat thread in there.

Do all of you post O/T within the main thread when you are on other sites?

What you should be more interested in is the story that is going on the Front Page under yesterday's post ... Are you Kidding? Dutch Court OKs ‘Pedophile’ Political Party

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2006/07/17/are-you-kidding-dutch-court-oks-pedophile-political-party/

Seems that we got picked up by a Dutch site and have hit a nerve. Read the comments and see just what Dutch think and are saying.

Please remember what this forum is about and for and resepect it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.