April 30, 2024, 08:35:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #496 7/16 - 7/18/2006  (Read 134641 times)
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #640 on: July 18, 2006, 10:14:08 AM »

Quote from: "San"
Quote from: "Easywriter"
This is almost editorial, but:

Ya know, I can’t help but feel like I caused much of this discourse.  I would like to apologize, but I’m not sure for what.  I was bored, there was no news and I took a pictorial trip down memory lane and for some reason that offended people.  Why my simple life would offend is beyond me, but it did for some reason, best left alone.

Now, we all find ourselves in a strange predicament.  What is O/T and what is preference?  Can one illness take precedence over another?  Can cats become more important that dogs?  Can one type of music be preferential over another?  There is no answer and once restrictions are placed upon an open society such as a message board the restrictions move more closely toward strangulation.

Such restrictions beckon the moderators to make decisions about what is important and what is not.  Although heart disease is still the number one killer in this country it may not fit into the agenda of this board.  Some of us may like cats, but if that fails to meet the criteria of this board we fall below accepted standards.  If a picture of one asshole playing pool (me) can upset the synchronism of this site so easily, maybe it is not the individual you should look upon.  

What do you people want this board to become?

(sorry, I’m pissed)

Klaasend wrote:
I HAVE A REQUEST REGARDING OFF TOPIC CONVERSATIONS:

Some is to be expected especially when there's no news in the case. But if the topic is about anatomy or medical problems, or former posters - please create a thread in the Monkey Lounge to discuss. If you have pictures of your house/car/sock monkeys/cats etc, please start a thread in the Monkey Lounge. You are welcome to post a link to that thread in the LCD. Let's try to keep the LCD as much case related as possible.

Also, when there is news and we have a guest like Dana posting let's please try to be respectful of his time and stay on topic.

It know we can't be on topic all the time and expect off topic when times are slow. Let's just try to take as much of it as we can to the Monkey Lounge. The hellos and how's the weather are fine and to be expected.

One more thing, whether you like it or not...I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE. I'm staying until we have resolution in this case and most likely beyond that.

San wrote:

Easy I don't think you are the cause of the problem and feel there is no need for an apology.  We are all guilty of O/T posts and to tell you the truth I scroll past most of them.

I think Klaas just wants to keep this one particular thread just about Natalee and wants the O/T posts kept to a minimum.

Speaking of restrictions.  It bothers me when people want to talk about Shango and other posters seem to be bothered by it.  I think people have the right to talk about Shango and it should be discussed here because it is part of the case whether you believe it or not.  I encourage all the Shango posters to keep talking about it.  Especially when we learned the other day about the Elders.  The first time I heard about Elders it was mentioned in the Shango posts Shocked   There should be no restrictions about the case.

Medical issues are very important and should be discussed as well as dogs and cats, etc.  Maybe there should be a daily discussion thread made in the Monkey Lounge.

Easy you have contributed a lot to this board and I for one appreciate what you have done to help the case.

San

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #641 on: July 18, 2006, 10:17:55 AM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
Thank you San, but I think Shango is a crock-o-chit!  None of it made sense to me and if there was an ounce of truth it should have been revealed.  I would gladly beat those jerks into submission and their rhyming days would have been over quickly.

Gosh, Easy - why don't you tell us what you REALLY think about Shango!  Laughing

I don’t like it!  It distracts from reality and plays games.  If I were the family, I would do my best to find them and hurt them.  Play games with me and you will get hurt!  

That’s just the way it is.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #642 on: July 18, 2006, 10:22:00 AM »

Quote from: "WidgetTheMidget"
Morning All ...........

The Weather Is Cloudy & The Track Is Sloppy ..................

Costa Rican Government Makes Too Much Money From On Line Gambling

Houses To Shut Them Down ..........Rumor Has It The Syndicates That Run

Some Of The Houses Here Will Go Back To The Old Method of Collecting &

Paying Debts ............Knock Knock....Whos There.....Its Guido Where's  

The Dough ............

Cool

Wondering if same rumors are running on other countries and islands.  I don't know much about it, but would think this is big.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #643 on: July 18, 2006, 10:24:08 AM »

Ya know, I can’t help but feel like I caused much of this discourse.  I would like to apologize, but I’m not sure for what.  I was bored, there was no news and I took a pictorial trip down memory lane and for some reason that offended people.  Why my simple life would offend is beyond me, but it did for some reason, best left alone.

Now, we all find ourselves in a strange predicament.  What is O/T and what is preference?  Can one illness take precedence over another?  Can cats become more important that dogs?  Can one type of music be preferential over another?  There is no answer and once restrictions are placed upon an open society such as a message board the restrictions move more closely toward strangulation.

Such restrictions beckon the moderators to make decisions about what is important and what is not.  Although heart disease is still the number one killer in this country it may not fit into the agenda of this board.  Some of us may like cats, but if that fails to meet the criteria of this board we fall below accepted standards.  If a picture of one asshole playing pool (me) can upset the synchronism of this site so easily, maybe it is not the individual you should look upon.  

(sorry, I’m pissed)

What do you people want this board to become?  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Excuse me EASY ... but with all due respect ... that is hardly a topic up for public debate.

The forum is what Tom & I wish it to be. Please remember (and this is to all) who owners and runs this site and busts their but to make it happen.

There is always something to talk about. I do not have time enough in the day to get to all that I do with respects to this case and others.

We have always said ... OT within reason. Please use common sense ... that is all.

There is a world of information on the front page that can be discussed and other things.

I am at a loss how so many have an issue and get upset by remaining on topic. If you want to just chat with people ... go to the Monkey cage.

Please to all ... respect what this thread is about. Create other threads if you with to ... that is a rather fair option, IMO.
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #644 on: July 18, 2006, 10:25:38 AM »

Diario
http://www.diarioaruba.com
Amigoe
http://www.amigoe.com/english/
BonDia July 17, 2006
http://www.cspnv.com/archivo/pdf/July/17/A-17-07-2006.pdf
http://www.cspnv.com/archivo/pdf/July/17/B-17-07-2006.pdf
http://www.cspnv.com/archivo/pdf/July/17/C-17-07-2006.pdf

Translator:
http://papiamentu.donamaro.nl/

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #645 on: July 18, 2006, 10:32:06 AM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"

(sorry, I’m pissed)

Klaasend wrote:

Some is to be expected especially when there's no news in the case. But if the topic is about anatomy or medical problems, or former posters - please create a thread in the Monkey Lounge to discuss. If you have pictures of your house/car/sock monkeys/cats etc, please start a thread in the Monkey Lounge. You are welcome to post a link to that thread in the LCD. Let's try to keep the LCD as much case related as possible.

Also, when there is news and we have a guest like Dana posting let's please try to be respectful of his time and stay on topic.

It know we can't be on topic all the time and expect off topic when times are slow. Let's just try to take as much of it as we can to the Monkey Lounge. The hellos and how's the weather are fine and to be expected.

One more thing, whether you like it or not...I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE. I'm staying until we have resolution in this case and most likely beyond that.

San wrote:

Easy I don't think you are the cause of the problem and feel there is no need for an apology.  We are all guilty of O/T posts and to tell you the truth I scroll past most of them.

I think Klaas just wants to keep this one particular thread just about Natalee and wants the O/T posts kept to a minimum.

Speaking of restrictions.  It bothers me when people want to talk about Shango and other posters seem to be bothered by it.  I think people have the right to talk about Shango and it should be discussed here because it is part of the case whether you believe it or not.  I encourage all the Shango posters to keep talking about it.  Especially when we learned the other day about the Elders.  The first time I heard about Elders it was mentioned in the Shango posts Shocked   There should be no restrictions about the case.  absolutely not and it's not been asked by Klaasend or Red or Tom that it not be mentioned... that I am aware of..
Medical issues are very important and should be discussed as well as dogs and cats, etc. Maybe there should be a daily discussion thread made in the Monkey Lounge. [/b]

Easy you have contributed a lot to this board and I for one appreciate what you have done to help the case.

San

I agree with what you just said... and I have to step in and say that I am one of the biggest offenders of off topic... but let's be honest for a second:

Easy, would you have posted your picture over and over at BFN?  Honestly??? I didn't think so, why not?

The conversations about people's health, kids and pets are fine...[/b] what has been asked is that we keep the "big deck" cnversations in the lounge... I am guilty of that one as well... admittedly, but I can put that in the lounge and be happy to do so...

NO EASY, or anyone wasn't a problem or the target .. I am glad that you are here to contribute to the case and to fill us in on Jossy... but you said it yourself in your post and this is a direct quote:

Easywriter said:

Ya know, I can’t help but feel like I caused much of this discourse. I would like to apologize, but I’m not sure for what. I was bored, there was no news and I took a pictorial trip down memory lane and for some reason that offended people. Why my simple life would offend is beyond me, but it did for some reason, best left alone.

why does it piss everyone off that Klaasend, Tom and Red want to keep that in the lounge???

Y'all tell me... I am not trying to point out anyone, because I am guilty... but I am trying to say why and what we are trying to do...

OK.. start the flames>>>

So, you blame me?
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #646 on: July 18, 2006, 10:36:45 AM »

Pardon me Red and Mrs Red, but you just alienated a friend.  Bye Bye and watch my ass as it leaves!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #647 on: July 18, 2006, 10:40:52 AM »

Pardon me Red and Mrs Red, but you just alienated a friend.  Bye Bye and watch my ass as it leaves!

Easywriter - Nobody is picking on you here.  We are just trying to find a mid point that will keep everyone happy.  For every person that enjoys alot of off topic there is one who doesn't like it.  Just trying to find a happy medium.  That's very hard to do when there is little to no news in the case.  

Please do not take it personal.  I DO NOT expect that there will be NO off topic.  We just want to try to have less.  Is that too much to ask?
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #648 on: July 18, 2006, 10:48:18 AM »

Oh No Good Grief Not Again!  It is just a conversation don't be so quick to be insulted

Time spent with cats is never wasted. - Colette
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #649 on: July 18, 2006, 10:49:02 AM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"

(sorry, I’m pissed)

Klaasend wrote:

San wrote:

Speaking of restrictions.  It bothers me when people want to talk about Shango and other posters seem to be bothered by it.  I think people have the right to talk about Shango and it should be discussed here because it is part of the case whether you believe it or not.  I encourage all the Shango posters to keep talking about it.  Especially when we learned the other day about the Elders.  The first time I heard about Elders it was mentioned in the Shango posts Shocked   There should be no restrictions about the case.  absolutely not and it's not been asked by Klaasend or Red or Tom that it not be mentioned... that I am aware of..
Medical issues are very important and should be discussed as well as dogs and cats, etc. Maybe there should be a daily discussion thread made in the Monkey Lounge. [/b]

San

I agree with what you just said... and I have to step in and say that I am one of the biggest offenders of off topic... but let's be honest for a second:

Easy, would you have posted your picture over and over at BFN?  Honestly??? I didn't think so, why not?

The conversations about people's health, kids and pets are fine...[/b] what has been asked is that we keep the "big deck" cnversations in the lounge... I am guilty of that one as well... admittedly, but I can put that in the lounge and be happy to do so...

NO EASY, or anyone wasn't a problem or the target .. I am glad that you are here to contribute to the case and to fill us in on Jossy... but you said it yourself in your post and this is a direct quote:

Easywriter said:

Ya know, I can’t help but feel like I caused much of this discourse. I would like to apologize, but I’m not sure for what. I was bored, there was no news and I took a pictorial trip down memory lane and for some reason that offended people. Why my simple life would offend is beyond me, but it did for some reason, best left alone.

why does it piss everyone off that Klaasend, Tom and Red want to keep that in the lounge???

Y'all tell me... I am not trying to point out anyone, because I am guilty... but I am trying to say why and what we are trying to do...

OK.. start the flames>>>

So, you blame me?

I am sure I went out of my way to say that I didn't...
but I will say that I didn't enjoy the pictures over and over and over... and to be honest when YOU stated you were "bored" to me it showed complete disrespect to anyone that wasn't bored and was trying to carry on a conversation ... on or off topic... and since everyone was concerned that you were sick... well to hear that you were just bored... offends me... maybe no one will agree with me... but it's ok they don't have to...

and if it offends you that I would ask if you would do that BFN... why does that offend you??? Because you know that you wouldn't?

I am sorry you feel that way...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #650 on: July 18, 2006, 10:50:09 AM »

That previous post was a little too much!  

In fact, it pissed me off and I reached my limit.  That was a mistake on your part.  I once promoted your credibility and now that is yesterday.

You people have hurt my feelings one too many times, now I bite back!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #651 on: July 18, 2006, 10:52:48 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

Easywriter - Nobody is picking on you here.  We are just trying to find a mid point that will keep everyone happy.  For every person that enjoys alot of off topic there is one who doesn't like it.  Just trying to find a happy medium.  That's very hard to do when there is little to no news in the case.  

Please do not take it personal.  I DO NOT expect that there will be NO off topic.  We just want to try to have less.  Is that too much to ask?

Is it too much to ask?
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #652 on: July 18, 2006, 10:56:10 AM »

Is it too much to ask?

Yes!
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #653 on: July 18, 2006, 10:58:50 AM »

Easy you seem like a nice person and you certainly have contributed alot but I would bet that this is not the first time that you are letting your temper get the best of you.  

Chill! Crying or Very sad

Time spent with cats is never wasted. - Colette
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #654 on: July 18, 2006, 11:04:21 AM »

Hummm. Can y'all take those figurative 4,000 breaths?

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #655 on: July 18, 2006, 11:06:39 AM »

A lot of people on this forum are using dial-up modems.  They download very slowly and while it is one thing to say just scroll on past an O/T subject in which one has no interest, can someone please tell me how to avoid having to sit and download it?

I have a LAN connection but it is still much slower than the high-speed ones and is the only connection option available to me.  I understand that some people think they are entitled to post anything that runs through their mind, I resent having to download it.  I don't like for my time to be wasted downloading something to scroll past later when I could use it for something more constructive.

Five and six pages with no mention of Natalee is not a forum about her disappearance but some sort of social discussion.  I don't understand why normally intelligent people cannot determine what is on topic and what is off for they do it on other forums as we have seen.  

As for posting something in the lounge and not getting a response for days, I would think one could assume from that there is not much interest in it.  When there is a topic of interest posted there then many replies are given in a prompt manner.  

And as for saying when there is news all the O/T stops, that is just pure BS as we saw Saturday when Dana was on the forum but has also happened many times in the past.  The large number of readers has been used as just a larger audience for those seeking to take discussions off the specified topic and onto whatever else they are using at the moment as a diversion or whatever it is they are doing.  They may get fewer responses but nonetheless it has never deterred those who are inclined to do so.

It's not my forum but I don't have any problem at all respecting the intent of the forum just as is required anywhere.  I don't understand why the same people who can stay on topic elsewhere resent showing SM the same respect.

But as I said, it is not my forum and not associated with my blog but I don't have the time to waste looking for the posts that are on topic.  No one is saying what someone has to say is not important, only that there is a proper place for saying it.  And the cross talking does not increase but rather decreases the number of people reading so let's not delude ourselves that it is in some way interesting to strangers who might be looking for information about Natalee.  They do not come here in search of our banal chatter at all.

I don't think this discussion should even be necessary as we are all supposed to be adults and capable of discerning on topic from off but then I also do not have the time to waste sorting it all out for I think it could be better spent on more constructive things than downloading and sorting through distractions, deliberate or otherwise.  Just my opinion but I do think a little consideration for those with slower connections might be in order.  And this is all my time for today. . . . . . Have a nice day, all Monkeys.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #656 on: July 18, 2006, 11:06:51 AM »

Monkeys!!!!  Please, let's stop this infighting amongst ourselves!  The last few days have saddened me deeply.  I haven't been able to post because I have been so angry and then disappointed.  I am one of the most off topic people here, what with my pencils and my book wise cracks that I make.  So I share much of the guilt here too. I just do not like what I see happening here on this forum.  A total meltdown is the ultimate desire of the darkside. I feel we are close to granting their wish.  I think we all should take a deep breath and try to remember why we came here in the first place.  The reason has a name and it's Natalee Holloway.

That's my 2 cents, as Third would say. Wink
KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #657 on: July 18, 2006, 11:18:11 AM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
Monkeys!!!!  Please, let's stop this infighting amongst ourselves!  The last few days have saddened me deeply.  I haven't been able to post because I have been so angry and then disappointed.  I am one of the most off topic people here, what with my pencils and my book wise cracks that I make.  So I share much of the guilt here too. I just do not like what I see happening here on this forum.  A total meltdown is the ultimate desire of the darkside. I feel we are close to granting their wish.  I think we all should take a deep breath and try to remember why we came here in the first place.  The reason has a name and it's Natalee Holloway.

That's my 2 cents, as Third would say. Wink

Well ~ after reading yesterday's posts ~ I do think my last post is going to be saying good-bye to Strike.

We Remember Natalee Bumper Stickers ~ Prayers for Natalee and her family
http://graphicemotion.com/TES_Bumper_Stickers.pdf
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #658 on: July 18, 2006, 11:21:58 AM »

I DON'T GET IT??  ALL I'M ASKING IS FOR ADULTS TO BE CONSIDERATE AND COMPROMISE.  I DON'T ASK ALOT AND I DON'T SEE THE BIG DEAL.  MAYBE I HAVE A LITTLE "THICKER" SKIN THAN SOME.  I DON'T SEE HOW MY REQUEST TO TRY TO STAY ON TOPIC IN THIS THREAD IS AN ISSUE AT ALL.  IF YOU ALL REMEMBER, THERE WAS A TIME THAT THE THREAD WOULD LOCK UNTIL EVERYONE GOT BACK ON TOPIC.

WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL NOW WHEN I'M ONLY ASKING PEOPLE TO TRY??
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #659 on: July 18, 2006, 11:25:32 AM »

Quote from: "Anna"
A lot of people on this forum are using dial-up modems.  They download very slowly and while it is one thing to say just scroll on past an O/T subject in which one has no interest, can someone please tell me how to avoid having to sit and download it?

I have a LAN connection but it is still much slower than the high-speed ones and is the only connection option available to me.  I understand that some people think they are entitled to post anything that runs through their mind, I resent having to download it.  I don't like for my time to be wasted downloading something to scroll past later when I could use it for something more constructive.

Five and six pages with no mention of Natalee is not a forum about her disappearance but some sort of social discussion.  I don't understand why normally intelligent people cannot determine what is on topic and what is off for they do it on other forums as we have seen.  

As for posting something in the lounge and not getting a response for days, I would think one could assume from that there is not much interest in it.  When there is a topic of interest posted there then many replies are given in a prompt manner.  

And as for saying when there is news all the O/T stops, that is just pure BS as we saw Saturday when Dana was on the forum but has also happened many times in the past.  The large number of readers has been used as just a larger audience for those seeking to take discussions off the specified topic and onto whatever else they are using at the moment as a diversion or whatever it is they are doing.  They may get fewer responses but nonetheless it has never deterred those who are inclined to do so.

It's not my forum but I don't have any problem at all respecting the intent of the forum just as is required anywhere.  I don't understand why the same people who can stay on topic elsewhere resent showing SM the same respect.

But as I said, it is not my forum and not associated with my blog but I don't have the time to waste looking for the posts that are on topic.  No one is saying what someone has to say is not important, only that there is a proper place for saying it.  And the cross talking does not increase but rather decreases the number of people reading so let's not delude ourselves that it is in some way interesting to strangers who might be looking for information about Natalee.  They do not come here in search of our banal chatter at all.

I don't think this discussion should even be necessary as we are all supposed to be adults and capable of discerning on topic from off but then I also do not have the time to waste sorting it all out for I think it could be better spent on more constructive things than downloading and sorting through distractions, deliberate or otherwise.  Just my opinion but I do think a little consideration for those with slower connections might be in order.  And this is all my time for today. . . . . . Have a nice day, all Monkeys.

So, you decide what is important and the rest of us watch.  Right?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.