April 30, 2024, 02:50:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #496 7/16 - 7/18/2006  (Read 134596 times)
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #940 on: July 18, 2006, 08:27:38 PM »

Quote from: "SunFreak2"
Convictions without a body

An Atlanta jury convicted Butch Hinton this year of the murder of Shannon Melendi without a body.  The case was mostly circumstantial evidence and was already 10 years old. He just recently confessed to her murder after his conviction.  So there is precedent here in the States.  I read somewhere that Jannsen successfully prosecuted a case without the corpus delecti, in the Netherlands.  Does anyone have any information on that NL case?

Florida has had convictions, and I remember one case in particular in Ohio.......one of the first shown on CTV of a Ohio guy was convicted when his gf went missing, and was never found.........there had been a history of domestic abuse. She was last seen with him and other circumstantial evidence only. I remember it vividly because it was the first time I watched a lawyer on TV be able to say in his closing--------"How do we know she won't come thru the courtroom doors right now"....as he turned and looked at the door........The gallery turned, even the camera changed angles........it was very dramatic.........BUT it didn't work. Carrie Culberson was her name! It was very early in CTV's history. One of the CTV series has also done a show on the case. Very, very sad.
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #941 on: July 18, 2006, 08:29:26 PM »

Quote from: "cp405"
I just sent an e-mail to Sirius and already got an answer, of course it was canned, said I would hear from them in 24 hours.

Good luck Dana, love your show.

I did it as well...........including all my fine intentions.......to both xm and sirius...(that sirius stock was very cheap several yrs ago) Cool
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #942 on: July 18, 2006, 08:45:43 PM »

Way to go Buck O'Neil............at 94 years young, the oldest professional active baseball player..............
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/baseball/more/07/18/bc.bbo.buckatbat.ap/?cnn=yes
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #943 on: July 18, 2006, 08:47:50 PM »

Quote from: "KackyLacky"

An Atlanta jury convicted Butch Hinton this year of the murder of Shannon Melendi without a body.  The case was mostly circumstantial evidence and was already 10 years old. He just recently confessed to her murder after his conviction.  So there is precedent here in the States.  I read somewhere that Jannsen successfully prosecuted a case without the corpus delecti, in the Netherlands.  Does anyone have any information on that NL case?

Florida has had convictions, and I remember one case in particular in Ohio.......one of the first shown on CTV of a Ohio guy was convicted when his gf went missing, and was never found.........there had been a history of domestic abuse. She was last seen with him and other circumstantial evidence only. I remember it vividly because it was the first time I watched a lawyer on TV be able to say in his closing--------"How do we know she won't come thru the courtroom doors right now"....as he turned and looked at the door........The gallery turned, even the camera changed angles........it was very dramatic.........BUT it didn't work. Carrie Culberson was her name! It was very early in CTV's history. One of the CTV series has also done a show on the case. Very, very sad.

We had a case here, but it did not have the same outcome. The man was found ng b/c some woman claimed to have seen the lady in a restaurant
a week later. Twenty years later, still no sign of this lady. She worked with kids and sounded like a decent person. Her kids have grown up without her and he has returned to his home in the USA.
The only way that I see this case being resolved is to lay charges against Deepak and Satish. But as it hasn't happened to date, well if wishes were horses, eh ?
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #944 on: July 18, 2006, 08:49:00 PM »

Quote from: "KackyLacky"

Thanks Kacky for the info on these other cases.  I hope DaddyKacky is doing better.

Can anyone tell me how to do a search for info on Karin Jannsen's case in the NL? I know to go to Google, but how does one do such a specialized search?
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #945 on: July 18, 2006, 08:51:49 PM »

Will someone get in touch with TerryD to let him know about Larry Garrison doing Dana's show?  I know Terry expressed great interest in an interview with Larry.  TIA.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #946 on: July 18, 2006, 08:52:22 PM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
Hi Monkeys!

I'm doing a quick drive by, but wondered if Jossy has been set up for Dana's show and if we were collecting questions, yet.

Also, I downloaded Google's newest version of Google Earth and noticed that the images for Aruba seemed more detailed than the version I had anyway. I still have difficulty getting a frame of reference, unlike Klaas who could be a tour guide there! ( Love you, Klaas! ) I was hoping that maybe someone with those maps Klass has labeled could repost one so that I could take a look at the real SI from it, please? The area I'm particularly interested in is the VDS house/Lion's Den. TIA!

At some point, even though I know I'm still beating that poor horse, I'd love to continue disecting the taped conversation. There was a really good start, but it was never completed. I have the peresistant nagging that the conversation, even though orchestrated by knowledge of potential recording, is a unique element in this case, and that there are still things to be extracted from it. I can't think of a better surgeon than the folks at SM to do it.

I say let's start cutting then...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #947 on: July 18, 2006, 08:55:51 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"

The only way that I see this case being resolved is to lay charges against Deepak and Satish. But as it hasn't happened to date, well if wishes were horses, eh ?

Would the reasoning behind charging Deepak & Satish be to force their hand so-to-speak?  To get them to tell all they know about the crime, Joran, Freddy & Paulus?
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #948 on: July 18, 2006, 08:56:46 PM »

KackyLacky, loved your family storm story, and am glad you shared it.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #949 on: July 18, 2006, 08:57:08 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Hi Monkeys!

I'm doing a quick drive by, but wondered if Jossy has been set up for Dana's show and if we were collecting questions, yet.

Also, I downloaded Google's newest version of Google Earth and noticed that the images for Aruba seemed more detailed than the version I had anyway. I still have difficulty getting a frame of reference, unlike Klaas who could be a tour guide there! ( Love you, Klaas! ) I was hoping that maybe someone with those maps Klass has labeled could repost one so that I could take a look at the real SI from it, please? The area I'm particularly interested in is the VDS house/Lion's Den. TIA!

At some point, even though I know I'm still beating that poor horse, I'd love to continue disecting the taped conversation. There was a really good start, but it was never completed. I have the peresistant nagging that the conversation, even though orchestrated by knowledge of potential recording, is a unique element in this case, and that there are still things to be extracted from it. I can't think of a better surgeon than the folks at SM to do it.

Dana will have Larry Garrison and Jossy on this Thursday night:

Thursday night 7/20/2006

Here is the line up
9pm est- Jossy Mansur
9:30pm est- Larry garrison
10pm est- TBA
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #950 on: July 18, 2006, 08:57:37 PM »

Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"

Hey MOM.....it's hot............

How is everyone tonight?

SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #951 on: July 18, 2006, 08:58:46 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Hi Monkeys!

I'm interested in the new satellite maps as well as dissecting the secret police tapes too!
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #952 on: July 18, 2006, 09:03:27 PM »

Hey, Jacquelina...I'd say I was  Cool but that would not be very factual.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #953 on: July 18, 2006, 09:03:35 PM »

Link to thread for Larry Garrision questions for Thursdays show:

http://www.scaredmonkeys.net/viewtopic.php?t=86

Link to thread for Jossy questions for Thursdays show:

http://www.scaredmonkeys.net/viewtopic.php?t=85
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #954 on: July 18, 2006, 09:04:22 PM »

Quote from: "Dana"
There is a open invitation for Tim Miller or any of the Texas Equserach people on my show anytime.

Thanks....hopefully we can get him on soon!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #955 on: July 18, 2006, 09:07:31 PM »

wasnt Larry Garrison kinda buddy buddy with Joran after writing the book
with Dave

Joran, Deepak & Satish You F***ers will never be worth anything in your life ever
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #956 on: July 18, 2006, 09:08:25 PM »

Quote from: "Dana"
You don not have to be a satellite subscriber to make the request, just tell them you might consider it.

Oh BTW Larry Garrison will join me on this Thursdays show.

WOW Thanks......this should be intersting indeed!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #957 on: July 18, 2006, 09:09:57 PM »

Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"

Thanks........it's kind of like us monkeys with all the players..........thhis to shall pass, and we will continue working to bring Natalee home. Right? Right!
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #958 on: July 18, 2006, 09:11:00 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "igsigs"

Wow, Jossy and Larry on Thursday??  Cool!  We will have to be very specific with our questions though unless you want to be on the air until midnight  Wink

Just block all calls from India...that should save some time Laughing

hahahaha..thanks Klaas....I needed that!!! Wink

Rest in Peace Caylee

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #959 on: July 18, 2006, 09:11:15 PM »

Link to thread for Larry Garrision questions for Thursdays show:

http://www.scaredmonkeys.net/viewtopic.php?t=86

Link to thread for Jossy questions for Thursdays show:

http://www.scaredmonkeys.net/viewtopic.php?t=85

Klaasend do I need to repost my questions for Jossy or can you / Red move CrazyBB's thread from the lounge to the new one???

Durn I'm getting OLD   Crying or Very sad  only 89 out and 72% humidity but  could not work more than an hour without sweating more than PVDS Shocked  Embarassed

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.