March 29, 2024, 08:36:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #838 6/12/10 -6/14/10  (Read 849165 times)
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1800 on: June 14, 2010, 03:54:25 PM »

Jean Casarez just reported on HLN that Joran had one visitor yesterday.  His attorney.

visiting days are Wednesday, Saturday & Sunday.

I wonder if Jose Baez is interested in taking another "high profile" case?  He supposedly speaks the lingo, sorta.

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1801 on: June 14, 2010, 03:56:40 PM »

NEW Joran revealing documentary on SBS 6
Exclusive report from Peru with news about murder suspect

Wednesday, June 16 comes SBS 6 again with a documentary about Joran van der Sloot, and of course the latest news directly from Peru. In addition, the broadcast a reconstruction of the murder of Stephany Flores, on the basis of the released confession of Joran. Joran van der Sloot: an exclusive report from Peru, Wednesday, June 16 at 20.30 hours on display at SBS 6.

The new documentary includes an extensive reconstruction of the murder of Stephany Flores. This was made according to the confession of Joran van der Sloot, from minute to minute shows what happens on the night of the murder happened and what Joran was doing in the days to his arrest. Crime Reporter Peter R. de Vries shares his opinions on Joran confession and his desire to be transferred to another prison in exchange for information about the location of Natalee Holloway.

Of course the latest news from Peru included. SBS 6 reporters follow the developments closely and discuss the news among other Dutch people who live in Peru and the consequences of their hated fellow suffer. Also, the heavily guarded Castro Castro prison visit, where Joran is now in custody. An interview with a Dutch journalist, who has been undercover for a week inside the prison walls, explains Castro Castro called hell on earth is named.

Captured in Peru
Following the documentary about Joran van der Sloot, SBS 6 Captured in Peru sends out. The documentary tells the story of Rhonda Curtain in 2007 was arrested at Lima airport in Peru because there were drugs found in her suitcase. When her sister Samantha gets to hear the bad news, she travels down to Peru to assist her, as a prison in Peru is a nightmare. End of 2009 gets Rhonda remission and she is released. The Peruvian authorities are already struggling for months with her personal papers and to this day still Rhona fighting to survive in Peru. In a frank interview, she tells her tragic story.

http://www.sbs6.nl/web/show/id=916178/langid=43/contentid=188172/dbid=419/typeofpage=73941

I'll sure be watching!
It'll probably be online the next day here: http://www.sbs6.nl/web/show/id=916193/langid=43 (this also has the link of the docu that aired last week)

Thanks so much Jo-An

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1802 on: June 14, 2010, 03:57:20 PM »

Joran van Telefoonnr: prisons; Special Closed Miguel Castro Castro, Telephone +51 (0) 1 - 3887115-XXXXXXX

http://twitter.com/Vitriool
(not sure I can post the whole thing so taking it out)
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1803 on: June 14, 2010, 03:58:27 PM »

Joran as of 1 hour ago, has no attorney representation. He will have to get another private attorney or he will get a appointed public defender......Jean Casarez from HLN (3:30pm EST)

Wed. Sat. and Sunday are visiting days at Castro Castro.

He has 1 visitor, yesterday, his lawyer.....who had him sign paperwork withdrawing from his case.

Seeme, you are just too fast for me Smile  LOL!  Sorry to repeat you.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1804 on: June 14, 2010, 04:01:49 PM »

TM - If you are reading, what do you make of this? I don't know what hogamento is?

http://www.awe24.com/?main&id=3710&offId=0

POSIBEL CASO DI HOGAMENTO NA COLONY, NOS LO SIGUI INFORMA

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #1805 on: June 14, 2010, 04:02:17 PM »

Joran van Telefoonnr: prisons; Special Closed Miguel Castro Castro, Telephone +51 (0) 1 - 3887115-XXXXXXX

http://twitter.com/Vitriool
(not sure I can post the whole thing so taking it out)

Hey Taco Stein -

Go spend a quarter and call him from the pay phone by the Marriott! tee hee heeeeee

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1806 on: June 14, 2010, 04:03:16 PM »

Joran as of 1 hour ago, has no attorney representation. He will have to get another private attorney or he will get a appointed public defender......Jean Casarez from HLN (3:30pm EST)

Wed. Sat. and Sunday are visiting days at Castro Castro.

He has 1 visitor, yesterday, his lawyer.....who had him sign paperwork withdrawing from his case.

Seeme, you are just too fast for me Smile  LOL!  Sorry to repeat you.

No problem Cece! LOL

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1807 on: June 14, 2010, 04:03:39 PM »

I think a HOGAMENTO is a death by drowning.

------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1808 on: June 14, 2010, 04:07:16 PM »

None, of course the age of the computer makes a great deal of difference.  If he's used this laptop for some time, for years, it will have a lot of info on it.  Daddy Sloot may have been careful, but he couldn't control Joran after he left Aruba for the Netherlands.  Joran was a boastful braggart.  I believe the info is there.  Why else is Beth going to Peru? 

AZLady, of course you are correct. So sorry to have posted a differing opinion.

Have a great day !

I don't know if I'm correct, but I'd like to discuss this with anyone who might help me understand it better.  It just seems very odd that Beth is going to Peru, at least it is to me.  I welcome any other ideas.

Am I correct in saying that Steph is the only person who mentioned Beth going to Peru?  I am reading everyone's thoughts about it...but I am not going to speculate until/unless it is a fact.....anyone know for sure???

I don't know Sunny.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1809 on: June 14, 2010, 04:07:44 PM »

None, of course the age of the computer makes a great deal of difference.  If he's used this laptop for some time, for years, it will have a lot of info on it.  Daddy Sloot may have been careful, but he couldn't control Joran after he left Aruba for the Netherlands.  Joran was a boastful braggart.  I believe the info is there.  Why else is Beth going to Peru? 

I think perhaps to deliver files, records, data, and so forth about Joran to the Peruvian officials. Holland and Aruba aren't going to send any background information, so Beth may want to make sure they know everything possible about Joran.
That makes sense.  Perhaps Beth is taking all of her records to the Peruvian authorities to help them build the case.  My thoughts that the computer forensics would reveal Natalee's location is probably wishful thinking.

I don't think anything regarding Natalee would be applicable in Stephany's murder. How do you think it might help them build a case?

I just wonder if Beth is meeting with the Flores family regarding making some kind of deal with joran? 

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1810 on: June 14, 2010, 04:08:18 PM »

TM - If you are reading, what do you make of this? I don't know what hogamento is?

Possible case of drowning near Colony...

------------------
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1811 on: June 14, 2010, 04:09:18 PM »

Van der Sloot attorney quits

Lima, Peru (CNN) -- Joran van der Sloot's Peruvian attorney has resigned from defending the murder suspect, the attorney told Peru's Foreign Press Association on Monday.

Earlier, Maximo Altez Navarro told CNN that he didn't want to be van der Sloot's attorney anymore.

"This has created many problems for me," Altez said.

According to Peruvian prison authorities, Altez was the only person to have visited van der Sloot in prison.

The 22-year-old Dutch citizen is accused in the death of 21-year-old student Stephany Flores Ramirez last month.

On Monday, van der Sloot, who is in the Miguel Castro Castro prison in Lima, was awaiting a psychological evaluation, prison authorities said.

Timeline: Natalee Holloway case RELATED TOPICS
Joran van der Sloot
Natalee Holloway
Murder and Homicide
He is in a high-security area of the prison where only two of 10 cells are occupied, and he has no contact with inmates in the general prison population.

He is under guard 24 hours a day, authorities said.

The only other inmate in the area is alleged Colombian hit man Hugo Trujillo Ospina. The two have spent some time together in a common area where there is a television set and weights made of out of broomsticks and soda bottles, authorities said.

There is the possibility that van der Sloot will be integrated with other segments of the prison population.

According to transcripts of his confession, van der Sloot said he elbowed Flores in the face before strangling her and then suffocating her with his own shirt.

The transcripts -- provided to CNN by an anonymous police source -- give shocking details of the murder van der Sloot is accused of and also give the public its first glimpse of why van der Sloot says the alleged murder took place. The source has not been named because he was not authorized to pass along the material.

"There was blood everywhere," van der Sloot said in the transcripts. "What am I going to do now. I had blood on my shirt. There was also blood on the bed, so, I took my shirt and put it on her face, pressing hard, until I killed Stephany."

Peruvian authorities charged van der Sloot with murder last week. Van der Sloot has also been considered the main suspect in the well-publicized 2005 disappearance of Alabama teen Natalee Holloway in Aruba.

Van der Sloot told authorities he attacked Flores on May 30 after she read an e-mail on his computer connected with the Holloway case.

In the transcript, van der Sloot said that after Flores read the e-mail, she punched him in the face.

"At that moment impulsively, with my right elbow I hit her in the face exactly on top of the nose," van der Sloot said. "I think she started to faint. It affected me so that I grabbed her from the neck and strangled her for a minute."

Van der Sloot said he had a quick thought that he might try to hide the body but instead fled.

He was arrested in Chile on June 3 and was returned the next day to Peru. Along with killing Flores, who had a broken neck, he took money and bank cards from her wallet, police said.

Van der Sloot told police in Chile a different story of how Flores died when he was arrested there, according to transcripts. He blamed the death on robbers who had waited for him at his hotel in Peru.

"There was a man coming from the access door with a knife in his hand," van der Sloot said. "The man with the knife hit her in the face, making her bleed through the nose."

But Peru authorities said they had overwhelming evidence pointing to van der Sloot, and when he was transferred to Peru, van der Sloot confessed to the crime, police said.

Van der Sloot said he was in Peru for a poker tournament and had met Flores while he was gambling.

Police have said they think van der Sloot killed Flores to steal money she won from gambling.

Van der Sloot offered a different motive.

"After I responded with hitting her, I feared that she would go to the police and they would detain me for what was an impulsive act," van der Sloot said. "I think I wanted to kill her because I wasn't thinking."

Before he quit, Altez had planned to ask the judge in the case to strike down van der Sloot's confession because he was not properly represented when he was interrogated.

Peruvian police have defended the interrogation and said van der Sloot's confession was acquired legally.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/14/peru.murder.case/index.html?eref=rss_topstories&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+%28RSS%3A+Top+Stories%29&utm_content=Google+International
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1812 on: June 14, 2010, 04:13:40 PM »

AZLady, of course you are correct. So sorry to have posted a differing opinion.

Have a great day !

I don't know if I'm correct, but I'd like to discuss this with anyone who might help me understand it better.  It just seems very odd that Beth is going to Peru, at least it is to me.  I welcome any other ideas.

Beth is on Greta's ticket.. A free ride to visit insanity and in hopes that Joran will tell Beth where to find Natalee.
jmho

I think anything any of us think at this time is a possibility......if in fact Beth is going to Peru.

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1813 on: June 14, 2010, 04:13:55 PM »

Not TM, but from what I remember, Hogamento is drowning.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Jo-An
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1814 on: June 14, 2010, 04:16:30 PM »

Video where Uri Geller explains the Joran story about the money he supposedly gave him:

http://www.shownieuws.tv/web/show/id=186466/langid=43/contentid=188182
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1815 on: June 14, 2010, 04:16:53 PM »

Thank you Carpe and Magnolia!
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1816 on: June 14, 2010, 04:17:22 PM »

Van der Sloot’s confession in the murder of Stephany Flores has been enough for many to assume his guilt in the Holloway case as well. But it is unlikely that Van der Sloot will ever return to Aruba to face justice there–at least not in the near future. The attorney general in Aruba says that now that Van der Sloot has been charged and remanded for murder in Peru, they have to wait until after his trial—and perhaps until after his sentence ends—to question him again in the Aruba case. There is no extradition agreement between Peru and the Netherlands Antilles, and Aruban investigators have so far been denied access to van der Sloot.

There is currently no direct line of communication coming out of Peru, and Aruban investigators have admitted they have to rely on media reports to follow developments in the case. “Understandably, the Peruvians are concentrating on the death of their national first,” Taco Stein, attorney general for Aruba, told The Daily Beast. “We hope that once a trial has been fixed, we can initiate the proper channels to formally talk to him once again.”

Access denied. C-ya when I see ya! Smile

http://foreign.peacefmonline.com/entertainment/201006/47973.php

------------------
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1817 on: June 14, 2010, 04:18:02 PM »

http://foreign.peacefmonline.com/entertainment/201006/47973.php

Van der Sloot's Lawyer Trouble

Joran van der Sloot may never testify about Natalee Holloway’s disappearance in Aruba. Even if he is not killed in a Peruvian prison, as many fear will happen, The Daily Beast has learned that international red tape has led Aruban authorities to shut down their investigation—and now his lawyer has threatened to quit.

Barbie Latza Nadeau on how Stephany Flores’ murder case in Peru may prevent justice for Holloway. The private defense lawyer, Maximo Alonso Altez Navarro, hired by the family of Joran van der Sloot, told The Daily Beast on Monday that he may quit.

A source revealed to The Daily Beast that Mr. Altez Navarro had complained that the Van der Sloot family could not afford to pay for his services. He added he'd received threats and harassment during his representation of Joran van der Sloot.

The Peruvian defense attorney, who divides his time between Miami and Lima, had said he planned to ask the judge in the case to disregard van der Sloot's confession because he was not properly represented when interrogated. This was rejected by the Peruvian police.

It is unlikely that Van der Sloot will ever return to Aruba to face justice there—at least not in the near future.The killing of Stephany Flores has been the highest profile murder case in Peru for years and the Dutchman has attracted a significant amount of public anger. Anita van der Sloot, Joran's mother, is expected to arrive in Peru this week accompanied by a Dutch television crew.

Joran van der Sloot may never get the chance to testify about what happened to American teen Natalee Holloway who disappeared in Aruba on May 30, 2005. If he is not killed in prison, he may never be given the opportunity to talk about the Aruba case again—even if he wants to.

Van der Sloot’s confession in the murder of Stephany Flores has been enough for many to assume his guilt in the Holloway case as well. But it is unlikely that Van der Sloot will ever return to Aruba to face justice there–at least not in the near future. The attorney general in Aruba says that now that Van der Sloot has been charged and remanded for murder in Peru, they have to wait until after his trial—and perhaps until after his sentence ends—to question him again in the Aruba case. There is no extradition agreement between Peru and the Netherlands Antilles, and Aruban investigators have so far been denied access to van der Sloot.

There is currently no direct line of communication coming out of Peru, and Aruban investigators have admitted they have to rely on media reports to follow developments in the case. “Understandably, the Peruvians are concentrating on the death of their national first,” Taco Stein, attorney general for Aruba, told The Daily Beast. “We hope that once a trial has been fixed, we can initiate the proper channels to formally talk to him once again.”

Authorities in Aruba are also concerned that the 22-year-old Dutchman will be killed by a henchman in the notorious Miguel Castro Castro prison, where he may wait years for his trial to begin. He is on suicide watch and has limited access to funds in a prison where he must pay for his own food. Even if he survives the dangerous prison, he could also choose to keep the location of Holloway’s body a secret, using the information to barter for money or to try to get back to Aruba like he did last week during an intense interrogation in Lima, when he tried to leverage the information to be released to Aruban authorities. When Peruvian authorities refused to send him back to Aruba, he clammed up. “He let slip that he knew the place where this person was buried,” General Cesar Guardia told reporters in Peru last week. “But he would only testify before Aruba authorities.”

Authorities in the United States are expected to hit the same dead end with extortion charges lodged against Van der Sloot in Alabama. In late April of this year, Van der Sloot reached out to Holloway’s mother Beth Twitty through attorney John Q. Kelly, promising that he would finally tell her where her daughter’s body was buried in exchange for $250,000. Holloway’s attorney met Van der Sloot in Aruba and told the NBC Today show that he lured him with $100. He then contacted the Aruban authorities and the FBI who set up a joint sting operation. “It was a win-win situation.

He was either going to pay the money, and if the information turned out to be true, Beth would get closure, she’d bring Natalee home,” Kelly told NBC. “Assuming it was false, it would be extortion and wire fraud once falsehoods are proven. Either way, he’d be boxed in.”

• Dan Collyns & Barbie Latza Nadeau: Van der Sloot’s Latest Lie• Barbie Latza Nadeau & Dan Collyns: Van der Sloot Tells AllVan der Sloot was eventually paid $25,000 in cash and wire transfers to his Dutch bank account, but fled to Peru before the next scheduled meeting was to take place.

Kelly is deeply disappointed in the failed attempt, and the FBI has washed its hands of any responsibility in Flores’ murder. In a press release posted on the FBI website, they explain that because Van der Sloot was in Aruba when he contacted Kelly, they did not have enough of a case to bust the Dutch man. The statement says: “News accounts have also questioned why charges were not brought earlier, so that the tragic death of Stephany Flores could have been avoided … Despite having been in motion for several weeks at the time of Miss Flores’ death, it was not sufficiently developed to bring charges prior to the time Van der Sloot left Aruba.”

But even if he had stayed, it is unlikely he would have been held accountable for Holloway’s murder, even if he had told Holloway’s attorneys exactly what happened. Aruban authorities have never had great success investigating Van der Sloot, who, along with Deepak and Satish Kalpoe, has been arrested twice in connection with Holloway’s murder. Both times they were released due to lack of evidence—mainly Holloway’s body.

Had Van der Sloot stayed in Aruba, the American extortion case would have likely stuck. Kelly says he believes he would have been convicted of extortion. Doing time in an Alabama jail could have easily softened him up to finally tell the truth about Holloway. Doing time in Peru will likely have the opposite effect.

thnks cece....I said I bet they thought he would represent joran pro bono being the reason (along with threats) that the attorney resigned. I just hope this can't be used as leverage for joran in the future.

Rest in Peace Caylee

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1818 on: June 14, 2010, 04:18:56 PM »

Thank you Carpe and Magnolia!

Yep more photos here now, it's a woman Sad sad

http://www.24ora.com/policial-mainmenu-8/18672-posibel-caso-di-hogamento-na-baby-beach.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1819 on: June 14, 2010, 04:21:24 PM »

a common area where there is a television set and weights made of out of broomsticks and soda bottles, authorities said.

----------------------------------

Wonder how long before Joran is the weight at the end of one of those broomsticks?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.