April 24, 2024, 08:08:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #838 6/12/10 -6/14/10  (Read 852051 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #720 on: June 13, 2010, 10:36:03 AM »

Media representative = Julia?  Who else would accompany Anita anywhere?

I can't think of many other possibilities.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #721 on: June 13, 2010, 10:37:57 AM »

Here Joran this is for you.  Maybe you can con Peru into letting you watch this match through your new bucket.

Netherlands vs. Denmark  - Jun 14 7:30am (ET) on ESPN

San lol

I continue to stand with the girl.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #722 on: June 13, 2010, 10:38:28 AM »

I asked that question too but someone, can't remember which poster, suggested Dilma?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #723 on: June 13, 2010, 10:39:10 AM »

Anna - what are you referring to?  Which post/link?  TIA
MisGivings
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #724 on: June 13, 2010, 10:40:16 AM »

I don't think Joran is facing 35 years maximum but the rare Peruvian life sentence.  This is just my opinion based on the choice of words from Peruvian officials and the attorney for the Flores family.

Maybe they could offer him the lesses sentence of the 35 years instead of life if he tells where Natalee's remains are?

Lots of possibilities can develop and I know we will all be watching closely.  Evidently Peru does release many court documents so maybe we can follow along the progress of Jorans trial and sentencing. 

And isn't it just too bad Joran got caught and is being branded a homicidal maniac the very week of their little film festival, lol.

Sort of took the red right off their candy on that one.  I don't think Cannes has a thing to worry about as they continue to destroy their own reputation daily.

Joran must be depressed he can't watch the World Cup.
LOL YUP, gotta love those torture methods, eh?

You have to give Joran credit. He found a way to travel extensively without it costing him a dime.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #725 on: June 13, 2010, 10:41:37 AM »

Here Joran this is for you.  Maybe you can con Peru into letting you watch this match through your new bucket.

Netherlands vs. Denmark  - Jun 14 7:30am (ET) on ESPN

And Netherlands vs USA on Monday!  We tied with England unexpectedly so who knows how this will go!

And Joran is missing it all.  I hope someone has a radio in the prison so he can barely hear it just to know life is going on and he is missing it all.  Just hear it and not be able to tell who is scoring, etc. and since he insists on no contact, no one should tell him a thing, lol.

Yes, to other countries, this is a VERY big deal.  Just the beginning of things Joran will miss.

Tough turkey, Joran.  Natalee and Stephany will miss everything.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #726 on: June 13, 2010, 10:44:46 AM »

No particular post.  I am replying to San pointing out that Anita is supposed to be going to Peru and taking a media representative instead of a lawyer.  I am speculating (see my ? mark) who this could be, Anita's media representative.  That's my guess as to who might go with her if it is oddly enough a media representative instead of an attorney to help Joran. 

Even his own mother is more concerned with PR than helping Joran.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #727 on: June 13, 2010, 10:45:50 AM »

It was announced last night on FOX that Greta will be in Peru interviewing the Flores family Monday.  She's on the road for the entire week ...
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #728 on: June 13, 2010, 10:47:33 AM »

No particular post.  I am replying to San pointing out that Anita is supposed to be going to Peru and taking a media representative instead of a lawyer.  I am speculating (see my ? mark) who this could be, Anita's media representative.  That's my guess as to who might go with her if it is oddly enough a media representative instead of an attorney to help Joran. 

I'm trying to find the post I read.  It's difficult to search.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #729 on: June 13, 2010, 10:48:13 AM »

I asked that question too but someone, can't remember which poster, suggested Dilma?

Another possibility.  Not just anybody is going to want to be seen as defending Joran. 

And all visitors to the prisons are subjected to strip searches.  That alone will discourage some.  I find the thought of Anita being stirp searched some how sort of hilarious.  Pity the person who has to do it, however, with all that fat.

PERSONA NON GRATA

blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #730 on: June 13, 2010, 10:49:59 AM »

Klaas,

Remember when you did the picture of Oduber with butter on his head? 
That expression does conjure up comical images.  I think it means they are cool and collected, calm, but not sure.  Maybe some of our Dutch posters could elaborate on what it does mean.

Could be.

A person 'with butter on his or her head' is a hypocrite; OBVIOUSLY guilty him- or herself.
And by saying that ('she's got butter on her head') you ridicule the person at the same time; calling him childish.

Imagine
Mother asks her toddler: Did you lick butter from the jar?
Child: Noooooooooooooo.....
Mother: What's that on your head than?

Thank you, EURobert.  I am of Dutch ancestry and have a Dutch DIL but am too Americanized to follow the nuances some times.  Looking forward to the big game Monday but don't think U.S. has a chance.  We shall see, however.
In relation to the game yesterday (US vs UK) I heard in an interview that soccer is getting bigger all the time in the US; slowly but surely. That's great. And the US did well yesterday. Everybody thought the UK would win, so...

But I'm afraid I can't see the whole match tomorrow; have to work in the morning shift. I can only see the last half hour. Sad Sad Sad

Soccer is more of a kids sport in the US than anything else.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #731 on: June 13, 2010, 10:50:56 AM »

It was announced last night on FOX that Greta will be in Peru interviewing the Flores family Monday.  She's on the road for the entire week ...

Well, now, maybe Greta can coincide her trip to be in Peru at the same time as Anita and be her media representative.

After all, she was inclined to believe Joran!  Surely she would not do such a thing right after interviewing the Flores family!

PERSONA NON GRATA

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #732 on: June 13, 2010, 10:51:21 AM »

I'm trying to find the post I read.  It's difficult to search.

Last I read Anita was not going to go at all.  If I were taking someone with me it would be someone that could speak Spanish fluently.  I'm not sure of Anita's spanish and I doubt Renfro has mastered it but Dilma likely has.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #733 on: June 13, 2010, 10:51:54 AM »

I believe it was in several links to Altez's comments regarding when and how Anita would be visiting Peru/goon child this week?

MisGivings
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #734 on: June 13, 2010, 10:52:42 AM »

I wonder if she will try to visit Joran and give him some money?

You have to give Joran credit. He found a way to travel extensively without it costing him a dime.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #735 on: June 13, 2010, 10:53:55 AM »

Van der Sloot taken to prison on murder charge

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ivjZZz2WTj-nJ_lNzCNyFmuADWDwD9G9DJNO0

Reached by the AP, Altez refused to discuss the case. He said Van der Sloot's schoolteacher mother, Anita, would be arriving early next week with the family's own media adviser.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #736 on: June 13, 2010, 10:54:09 AM »

Another possibility.  Not just anybody is going to want to be seen as defending Joran. 

And all visitors to the prisons are subjected to strip searches.  That alone will discourage some.  I find the thought of Anita being stirp searched some how sort of hilarious.  Pity the person who has to do it, however, with all that fat.

Frankly I'd be shocked if Anita the elitist would allow herself to have a cavity search but I will also admit I find comfort in the thought if cecilita's correct regarding that, that she could never visit him without undergoing one?

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #737 on: June 13, 2010, 10:55:14 AM »

I wonder if she will try to visit Joran and give him some money?

rofl !! good one ! Crackerjack investigative reporter that Greta is, I fear I won't be watching her show.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #738 on: June 13, 2010, 10:55:33 AM »

Yes, it was His Highness Joran's lawyer who said this I do believe. 

Will Greta subject herself to a stip search in a Peruvian prison to visit Joran?  That's also a pretty amusing thought.  Just how dedicated to journalism is she?

Smile

PERSONA NON GRATA

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #739 on: June 13, 2010, 10:55:45 AM »

Van der Sloot taken to prison on murder charge

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ivjZZz2WTj-nJ_lNzCNyFmuADWDwD9G9DJNO0

Reached by the AP, Altez refused to discuss the case. He said Van der Sloot's schoolteacher mother, Anita, would be arriving early next week with the family's own media adviser.

thank you San !

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.