May 01, 2024, 10:32:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spitting on a Veteran - how have people stuped so low  (Read 4518 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« on: January 30, 2007, 03:29:46 PM »

In Washington, counterprotesters also converged on the mall in smaller numbers, but the antiwar demonstration was largely peaceful.

There were a few tense moments, however, including an encounter involving Joshua Sparling, 25, who was on crutches and who said he was a corporal with the 82nd Airborne Division and lost his right leg below the knee in Ramadi, Iraq. Mr. Sparling spoke at a smaller rally held earlier in the day at the United States Navy Memorial, and voiced his support for the administration’s policies in Iraq.

Later, as antiwar protesters passed where he and his group were standing, words were exchanged and one of the antiwar protestors spit at the ground near Mr. Sparling; he spit back.

Capitol police made the antiwar protestors walk farther away from the counterprotesters.

“These are not Americans as far as I’m concerned,” Mr. Sparling said.

I agree with Mr. Sparling! IMO this is as low as people can get.....I am furious and have no intention of debating this...just wanted to get it off my chest.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 04:09:54 PM »

I was afraid to open this thread, because I knew it would upset and infuriate me.  Evil or Very Mad  But couldn't help it.  I pray we aren't going to have Vietnam type anti-war protests starting up all over.
Certainly people have learned from the past!?  Rolling Eyes
And the celebrities need to quit esclating these protests with their presents, another lession Jane Fonda should have learned.     Crying or Very sad

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 04:36:28 PM »

Sunny I had not heard of this, it breaks my heart that any american could be so callous as to spit at a veteran, much less one missing a limb?

what is our country coming to ?

I continue to stand with the girl.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 06:19:06 PM »

I cannot understand why anyone would show such disrepect to a war veteran. This is horrifying.
We need someone to step up and unify this country as soon as possible. I hope it's not too late.

I think it should be a federal crime to mistreat a war verteran in this way. It's just shameful.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
WidgetTheMidget
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 06:44:11 PM »

Quote from: "pdh3"
I cannot understand why anyone would show such disrepect to a war veteran. This is horrifying.
We need someone to step up and unify this country as soon as possible. I hope it's not too late.

I think it should be a federal crime to mistreat a war verteran in this way. It's just shameful.

They Should Direct Their Lungys At Bush .............

Cool

We Did'nt Land On Plymouth Rock........Plymouth Rock Landed On Us .......
Malcolm X ..........
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 06:56:21 PM »

Quote from: "WidgetTheMidget"

They Should Direct Their Lungys At Bush .............

Cool

Widggy...can we PLEASE have one topic here that isn't a Bush basing topic . This is about people who call themselves Americans and then spit at a Vet....it doesn't get anymore UN -American than that in my book.

We all have our views about which party, candidate etc will do the best for our country and some of us are very vocal  about our opinions and others of us work quietly behind the scenes.....and I am not saying either is the right or wrong thing to do....but again, please let this thread be about what it's about....DISRESPECT OF OUR VETERANS

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 06:58:48 PM »

Quote from: "Dihannah1"
I was afraid to open this thread, because I knew it would upset and infuriate me.  Evil or Very Mad  But couldn't help it.  I pray we aren't going to have Vietnam type anti-war protests starting up all over.
Certainly people have learned from the past!?  Rolling Eyes
And the celebrities need to quit esclating these protests with their presents, another lession Jane Fonda should have learned.     Crying or Very sad

Hi Dihannah.....I completely agree with you,  paticularly about the celebrities...I am still waiting for Rosie to leave the county as she PROMISED she would if President Bush won Wink

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 07:01:33 PM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
Sunny I had not heard of this, it breaks my heart that any american could be so callous as to spit at a veteran, much less one missing a limb?

what is our country coming to ?

Hi NONE...I was so incensed when I heard about it and then read about and then saw this brave young man on TV that it forced me to the POLITICAL THREAD!!! Wink ....it's not our country...it's some people in our country who think they are above the laws of common decency!! in the name of POLITICS

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 07:02:59 PM »

I agree and I have written my Senator about it.

Rest in Peace Caylee

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 08:22:12 PM »

Don't get me started on people that behave this way....

this are the same FLIPPING ASSHOLES that the Taliban et. al would behead first..... they are all about freedom of speech as long as it's their freedom of speech....

yes treason charges should be brought back....

and people like Jane Fonda need to quit glorifying Vietnam.... all she ever did there was help assisinate American soldiers.... and get them torturted... but of course no one wants to talk about that.

If I ever see anyone spit on a solider.... y'all will find out what I look like (for those of you that have ever wondered) because I will be on CNN, FOX News, etc.... for getting in a girl fight that youtube would be proud to show.... (that is a little tounge in cheek) but I seriously would NOT be quiet allow that to fly where I was.... and no one should.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 08:58:10 PM »

Quote from: "SunnyinTX"

I agree and I have written my Senator about it.

Ditto!

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2007, 09:58:15 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Don't get me started on people that behave this way....

this are the same FLIPPING ASSHOLES that the Taliban et. al would behead first..... they are all about freedom of speech as long as it's their freedom of speech....

yes treason charges should be brought back....

and people like Jane Fonda need to quit glorifying Vietnam.... all she ever did there was help assisinate American soldiers.... and get them torturted... but of course no one wants to talk about that.

If I ever see anyone spit on a solider.... y'all will find out what I look like (for those of you that have ever wondered) because I will be on CNN, FOX News, etc.... for getting in a girl fight that youtube would be proud to show.... (that is a little tounge in cheek) but I seriously would NOT be quiet allow that to fly where I was.... and no one should.

Mrs Red...I'd be there with you.....    the attack of the REDHEADS

Rest in Peace Caylee

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2007, 10:21:32 PM »

I love you SUNNY!!

I am serious though.... I am one of those people that thanks a soldier every time I see one and can.... everyone should.

I wanted to punch Jane Fonda for her stupid ass comments today....

we caused the killing fields by going to Vietnam in the first place... has anyone ever told the BITCH that the FRENCH are the reason that we were in Vietnam in the first place?????  It was the NATO accord???
Funny how those that don't know history are so able to work the media....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 01:34:40 PM »

I love you SUNNY!!

I am serious though.... I am one of those people that thanks a soldier every time I see one and can.... everyone should.

We do the same thing and had the pleasure of sharing some time with 4 young men over the Christmas holidays....all having just retuened and anxious to get back. they bleive we are doing the RIGHT rhing and their biggest gripe was with the media who only show, as one young solidier put it,  the SHOCK FACTOR SHXT...
I wanted to punch Jane Fonda for her stupid ass comments today....that woman is the sline of the earth
we caused the killing fields by going to Vietnam in the first place... has anyone ever told the BITCH that the FRENCH are the reason that we were in Vietnam in the first place?????  It was the NATO accord???

and the media falls right into their hands.....

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2007, 01:35:41 PM »

oh LORD please give us spell check!  LOL

Rest in Peace Caylee

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2007, 04:56:59 PM »

I love you SUNNY!!

I wanted to punch Jane Fonda for her stupid ass comments today....

If she had not been Henry Fonda's daughter, Jane Fonda would have been tried for treason. She should have been. She was consorting with the enemy in a time of war.
Misguided as she was, it was still no excuse for being disloyal while your own countrymen were being killed. I don't listen to a thing she has to say because I have no respect for her.

Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2007, 06:32:38 PM »

I come from along line of Military family. One of my G G Grandfather fought in the revolutionary war. As did my husbands. My g grandfather was a union soldier during the civil war. Can't find any that were in the WW1. Oh yes an uncle.

My father as well as his 3 brothers were in WW2.
Both of my brothers were career Army as well as my hubby being career Navy. All were Vietnam vets. One of my brothers was there twice. So a victim of Agent Orange.

Our daughter was in the Navy. Our son in the Army. He served in the first gulf war as well as Somalia.

So it really bothers me to see any of the rancor directed at our Military. This same Military is what allows us to speak our mind but it should not allow our veterans to be spit at or on. The commander in chief is our President. He also deserves some respect.

My older brother belongs to some of the Vietnam Veterans message Boards. They talk about friends they have lost and some of their experiences. He says it has gotten so bad with the protestors calling them rapist and baby killers in their forums that they can no longer enjoy the company of each other.

Please support our servicemen.

Just a swinging with the tribe
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2007, 04:55:09 PM »

Sam - Please tell your brother that there are millions of Americans who realize his service was honorable, and that he has our respect and gratitude.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2007, 01:52:07 AM »

Quote from: "SunnyinTX"
oh LORD please give us spell check!  LOL

Sunny, If you use Internet Explorer, you can go here

http://www.iespell.com/

and download a free spellchecker.  Then when you type something, anywhere, right click and the menu will have this spellchecker option right in it.

I have used this for years with a variety of computers and never had one single problem with it.

Hope this helps.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2007, 10:57:52 PM »

Anna, I am not Sunny in TX, but thank you for the very useful spell check tip.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.