March 28, 2024, 12:31:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Early Spring????  (Read 6406 times)
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2007, 06:01:02 PM »

God has colored our world white here in East central Illinois. It looks beautiful.

Thermometer says it is not as cold as it has been the last few days. I have not been out. To cowardly. LOL

DH has shoveled a path to the garage. They have said the wind is going to pick up and blow the snow around. In my opinion that is the worst thing about Illinois. The wind. I could go cross country skiing in Maine and stay perfectly warm in - 10 as long as protected by the trees. I do not know if I would even have the strength to ski now.

Just a swinging with the tribe
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2007, 10:28:53 PM »

Thoughts on the cold weather:

I know most people consider the California winters inconsequential as they certainly cannot compare to the cold states.

In 1964 my husband and I went to Europe (England, France and Germany, Denmark and Norway - we were in Norway from August to November). It was damn cold in Bergen. After visiting my father in Germany, he gave me money to buy a warm coat when I got to Norway. I got a black thick wool coat with a seal skin collar. When we left to come home to Pasadena, the Norway temps were below 32 with no snow.

It was so strange that Pasadena at 50 degrees was far colder than Bergen at below 32 degrees. My warm coat wasn't warm enough for California. People often talk about "the desert cold" and that's probably what is going on in California. I thought it was very strange that CA could be colder than Norway.

I am currently very angry with the "weather Gods." Several weeks ago, the weather was so hot and dry that fires exploded in Malibu. Suzanne Summers' multi million dollar house was burned to the ground. Within one week, it was so cold it snowed in Malibu. I would like to ask God and Mother Nature why they allowed the fires and one week later brought the snow. Why did you do it backwards?

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2007, 08:22:17 AM »

Well, things have warmed up or at least feel that way.  We are at a minus 5 this morning.  Yesterday we got up to 2 and I was out and about the entire day.  It really didn't feel that cold.  The wind calmed down some by noon and with full sun it felt comfortable.

Yesterday schools were only delayed by 2 hours and today all are picking up kids right on time.  This  is the way it usually goes.  Once you get used to the cold it just doesn't bother as much.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2007, 11:48:48 PM »

Today in Bamaland it was a balmy 41 at noon. Laughing

I dreamed about summer last night. It was so disappointing when I woke up and realized it was still cold outside.  Crying or Very sad
Anna - isn't it about 10 degrees colder on the mountain? You must be really cold!!!! Shocked

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.