March 28, 2024, 04:31:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #840 6/17/10 - 6/22/10  (Read 368710 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1320 on: June 21, 2010, 01:22:34 AM »

He was allowed to give an interview to the press in his cell?
that seems very strange if true.

Yes, I think American media was trying to interview him too but he said he would only do one with the Dutch.  He is charged yet not convicted yet so I guess it's OK? 
peachflower
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1321 on: June 21, 2010, 01:32:54 AM »

It just seems strange that journalists can go in an interview someone that is on a high security jail.
I thought that being there, even if not yet convicted, demanded that they apply the same rules as the ones convicted. I never heard them mention there was a separate place for those awaiting trial.
Do that means that he can receive visitors anytime and its not bound by the same rules as the rest of the ones jailed?
I wonder if they made an exception with him and if so...why?
billb's daughter
Monkey Junky

No Body...No Tourism aruba! Bring Natalee Home!

« Reply #1322 on: June 21, 2010, 01:34:39 AM »

urine can try to retract his confession to Peruvian investigators....doesn't matter really.
Unlike aruba, where the evidence collected 'disappeared' to allow urine a free pass in the murder of Natalee.....
PLE doesn't need a confession.....the collected forensic evidence, video, witnesses tell the story of Stepany's murderer (urine). Add that they found monies Stepany won along with her credit cards in urine's possession upon his arrest...urine is toast....he will never leave Castro Castro...unyil he is in a body bag.....
Karma sucks urine....like the blue tarp you used to wrap Natalee....
Rest in Hell (RIH).......Don't worry, your pos mother will be joining you and papa eventually......
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1323 on: June 21, 2010, 01:37:08 AM »

It just seems strange that journalists can go in an interview someone that is on a high security jail.
I thought that being there, even if not yet convicted, demanded that they apply the same rules as the ones convicted. I never heard them mention there was a separate place for those awaiting trial.
Do that means that he can receive visitors anytime and its not bound by the same rules as the rest of the ones jailed?

I have no idea if any exception has been made for him.  There were at least 2 other news groups that were given tours of the jail area including Joran's cell this last week.  Joran said he would only speak to the Dutch media.  I have no idea if this is special treatment but I think not. 

He is in a separate area for high profile cases right now.  They say he should go into general population in the next couple months or so.
peachflower
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1324 on: June 21, 2010, 01:41:10 AM »

I have no idea if any exception has been made for him.  There were at least 2 other news groups that were given tours of the jail area including Joran's cell this last week.  Joran said he would only speak to the Dutch media.  I have no idea if this is special treatment but I think not. 

He is in a separate area for high profile cases right now.  They say he should go into general population in the next couple months or so.

I do hope you are right and there is nothing out of the ordinary about this.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1325 on: June 21, 2010, 01:48:32 AM »

This is a snippet (last paragraph) of something posted a page or two back --

"The father, Paulus van der Sloot, a Dutchman died lawyer, nor waved that argument and, by contrast, was arrested for alleged complicity in the murder of Holloway. He was released and died in February when disputing a match tenir in Aruba."

http://www.cronicaviva.com.pe/content/view/118290/31/

I know there are translation issues, but "disputing" sort of jumped out. Wonder if he got worked up over a call, as in a tournament?

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1326 on: June 21, 2010, 01:51:50 AM »

"The father, Paulus van der Sloot, a Dutchman died lawyer, nor waved that argument and, by contrast, was arrested for alleged complicity in the murder of Holloway. He was released and died in February when disputing a match tenir in Aruba."

I know there are translation issues, but "disputing" sort of jumped out. Wonder if he got worked up over a call, as in a tournament?

Ah, could be?  We'll likely never know for sure.

Time for me to call it a night.  Goodnight all!
peachflower
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1327 on: June 21, 2010, 01:53:01 AM »

I guess you were right, Klaas. I went and searched if Fujimori ever got interviews and got something better than that. He got a day pass from his cell to attend his daughter wedding.
They are a lot more open minded than me...hehehe

Sachi Marcela Fujimori, 30, wed Mark Koening, a German, in front of 40 close family and friends at the tiny chapel inside the facility where Fujimori has his special jail cell.

The bride lives overseas but was said to be determined to have her father at her side at the altar.
The Government granted Fujimori a pass to leave his cell to attend the ceremony. Alan Garcia, the Peruvian President, dismissed charges from political opponents that he was receiving special treatment.

Jo-An
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1328 on: June 21, 2010, 02:17:15 AM »

Just got into the office and saw that there is another interview in De Telegraaf - this time with Joran.
I saw part of it was already posted here but I'll try and buy the paper on my lunch break and see if there's any new interesting info in it.
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1329 on: June 21, 2010, 02:36:57 AM »

A forum written in Dutch??? I believe it is. posted 6/19/2010

From yesterday on their forum - Link http://www.hanff.nl/viewtopic.php?p=63630#p63630

DE arrestatie van Joran was niet alleen wereldnieuws. Het was voor zijn moeder Anita van der Sloot (53) op Aruba na jaren ook een eindpunt. Voor het eerst spreekt ze. Zijn moeder zal Joran niet opzoeken in zijn Peruaanse cel. „Als hij dit heeft gedaan, moet hij de consequenties dragen. Ik kan hem niet omarmen.” Zij stelt dat haar zoon de afgelopen jaren psychisch zwaar in de problemen raakte. „Zijn vertrek naar Peru was een vlucht, om te ontkomen aan een kliniek.”

Elke zoon heeft een moeder. Ook de van moord verdachte Joran. Anita van der Sloot vond enkele weken terug een briefje: ’Ik ben weg, maak je geen zorgen’. Ze zag haar oudste zoon voor het eerst weer toen hij door de Peruaanse politie geboeid op de tv werd getoond.
Jarenlang stond ze achter hem. „Ik geloofde Joran. Ondanks zijn vele leugens. Ik voelde dat hij niets met de verdwijning van Natalee Holloway had te maken in 2005. Hij had haar achtergelaten op het strand. Dat geloof ik nog steeds.” Maar, zegt ze ook: „Stephany kan hij hebben gedood.”
In een half jaar tijd verloor ze twee leden van haar gezin. In februari overleed haar man, de ex-rechter Paul van der Sloot, tijdens een spelletje tennis. „Hij is ervan beschuldigd dat hij Joran had geholpen. Het is niet zo. Niemand hamerde er harder op bij Joran dat hij de waarheid moest spreken. Op tv werd een karikatuur van Paul gemaakt. Hij was een zachte, eerlijke, betrokken man.”

I used Google translator - and English version 6/19/10  is:
THE arrest of Joran was not only world news. It was his mother, Anita van der Sloot (53) years on Aruba after an endpoint. For the first time she speaks. His mother will not go after Joran in his Peruvian cell. "If he did, he must bear the consequences. I can not embrace him. "She claims that her son was severely mentally in recent years ran into trouble. "His departure to Peru was a flight to escape from a clinic."
Each son has a mother. The murder suspect Joran. Anita van der Sloot was a few weeks back a note: "I'm gone, do not worry. She saw her eldest son for the first time when he was captivated by the Peruvian police were shown on TV.
For years she stood behind him. "I believe Joran. Despite his many lies. I felt he was nothing to do with the disappearance of Natalee Holloway had to do in 2005. He had left on the beach. I still believe that. "But, she says:" Stephany he may have slain. "
  In half years she lost two members of her family. Died in February her husband, former judge Paul van der Sloot during a game of tennis. "He is accused of Joran had helped. It is not. Nobody insisted it harder to Joran that he had to speak the truth. On TV was a caricature of Paul. He was a gentle, honest, committed man. "
Anita goes round and round. She still cannot admit her Son is wack? If she believes that " her precious" has no responsibility within Natalee ..and she can free admit as a " Ooops" he could have though Murdered Stephany ....... errr  Stephany is not a boobie prize~ sorry Anita. She was once a beautiful young girl prior to meeting up with your SON. YOUR Son is a Natural Born Killer. Get over your twisted " Not My Son" thoughts ... that he is above the law, he is above everything. He is not your Prince that you groomed him to be.  He now spits in your face and " Mother Anita" can't handle it .. because she wiped his bum from birth till he was 18. Which draws her to his defense I believe. He was Daddy's Boy - quite the contrary of spoiled young man. Normally they are Mama's boys. I don't think Joran had connection with his Mother or Father- he was though the center of his mother's universe. He learned how to manipulate early on and only grew stronger .. to be who he is today.
She " Anita" can't stand the thought that he/Joran to this day only comes to her when it's too late.. for $$, for secrets, for tall tales to be whispered, for his downfalls, for she is only his Run to ... Mother please believe me, I am your son. She knows he feels no value for her, he has no respect for her. Yet she stands for him.   
She gave him everything growing up.  He/Joran is just like his Father.." His Father" was above being intimate within raising Joran - He was too important in personality/structure. Just like he was too important to be a Husband. Which fuels every fire of Anita - to stand by her son. Sloot Sr- as father figure never gave him/Joran a second's notice ..Until he got into trouble. For Daddy's benefit it was, not for Joran's did he get involved. This family has " self righteous"  stamped on their foreheads. WE Are the "Van Der Sloots". Not until Natalee did they become " Team" What a EMPTY " Rich" Loathing Family.

I bet Joran cried in his pillow at some point today -" Father's Day"-- that He no longer had his Daddy to protect him and use his friends within .. to offer him a get out of Peru Card.

link - Father's day is celebrated in Peru
http://www.mimisarubanapartments.com/About_Aruba.html

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1330 on: June 21, 2010, 02:44:15 AM »

Father's Day in Aruba, I meant. -  Link Father's day " holiday" noted in Aruba.
http://www.mimisarubanapartments.com/About_Aruba.html

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1331 on: June 21, 2010, 03:43:08 AM »

Joran: rats, using a toilet inside
Joran van der Sloot gets in his cell at night visit of rats.

That he told two reporters from The Associated Press, who in the infamous Castro Castro prison in Lima sought out. According to the newspaper, the Dutchman a calm impression, and he resigned themselves to a long stay in the jail. In the immense building are 4000 prisoners.

Contract killing
Van der Sloot, which in Peru is suspected of the murder of Stephany Flores, staying close to the entrance of the prison. He is currently in a eenpersoonscel near a Colombian assassin convicted of corruption and a Peruvian general.

Rats
The Dutchman has recently acquired a mattress, as has been seen on the images that CNN was in his cell. Van der Sloot says that at night through a rat in his cell toiletgat crawl. To prevent this, he night wet newspapers on the hole.

http://www.rtl.nl/(/actueel/rtlnieuws/binnenland/)/components/actueel/rtlnieuws/2010/06_juni/21/binnenland/joran_ratten_toilet.xml
peachflower
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1332 on: June 21, 2010, 04:04:35 AM »

That he told two reporters from The Associated Press, who in the infamous Castro Castro prison in Lima sought out. According to the newspaper, the Dutchman a calm impression, and he resigned themselves to a long stay in the jail. In the immense building are 4000 prisoners.

Contract killing
Van der Sloot, which in Peru is suspected of the murder of Stephany Flores, staying close to the entrance of the prison. He is currently in a eenpersoonscel near a Colombian assassin convicted of corruption and a Peruvian general.

Rats
The Dutchman has recently acquired a mattress, as has been seen on the images that CNN was in his cell. Van der Sloot says that at night through a rat in his cell toiletgat crawl. To prevent this, he night wet newspapers on the hole.

http://www.rtl.nl/(/actueel/rtlnieuws/binnenland/)/components/actueel/rtlnieuws/2010/06_juni/21/binnenland/joran_ratten_toilet.xml

So he gets a daily paper too?
I am baffled by the amenities he has.
EURobert
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1333 on: June 21, 2010, 05:06:17 AM »

Contract killing

Rats

Read it this morning in the Telegraaf: LOL. Like seeks like! The rats must think that without Joran their ratpack isn't complete! LOL
EURobert
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1334 on: June 21, 2010, 05:19:33 AM »

Contract killing

Rats

Read it this morning in the Telegraaf: LOL. Like seeks like! The rats must think that without Joran their ratpack isn't complete! LOL

Forgot: he'll soon appreciate the rats for their extra, lovely and nutritious flesh. Lol.
JA
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1335 on: June 21, 2010, 05:38:32 AM »

Rats=Birds of a feather flock together, Joran.  May you you may learn to enjoy their company.
Jo-An
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1336 on: June 21, 2010, 06:02:17 AM »

Just got De Telegraaf (they were giving them away for free at the store!) and there's really not much more in the article than there is already posted online.

Just that he said he's come to terms with the fact that he's going to be inside for a long time. His lawyer said that it can take up to at least two years until his trial starts. And until that time he won't speak about the case itself.

And get a load of this:
"My lawyer is now focusing on the procedural errors that have been made. So there was really no need for me to be here."

More in tomorrow's paper!!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1337 on: June 21, 2010, 06:16:40 AM »

Hummm, would this mean that Paulus lost his last case Wink
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1338 on: June 21, 2010, 06:29:49 AM »

Joran Van Der Sloot Retracts Confession In Peru Murder Of Stephany Flores

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/21/joran-van-der-sloot-retra_n_619089.html

AMSTERDAM — A Dutch newspaper that interviewed Joran van der Sloot in his prison cell in Lima, Peru, said Monday he has retracted his confession to the killing of a young woman there.

De Telegraaf said the 22-year-old Dutchman claims he only signed papers admitting killing Stephany Flores because he was intimidated by police and had been promised he would be transferred to the Netherlands if he confessed.

"I was very scared and confused during the interrogations and wanted to get away," the paper quoted him as saying. "In my blind panic, I signed everything, but didn't even know what it said."

Van der Sloot is the main suspect in Flores' May 30 killing in a Lima hotel, exactly 5 years after the still unsolved disappearance of U.S. teen Natalee Holloway on Aruba. He met both women in casinos, and both were last seen alive in his company.

Peruvian President Alan Garcia has said Van der Sloot will have to be tried in Flores' death before any extradition request can be considered. In addition to possible involvement in Holloway's disappearance, for which Van der Sloot has not been charged, he is wanted by the FBI on suspicion of attempting to extort money from the Holloway family.

If convicted of killing Flores, he faces from 15 to 35 years in prison in Peru.

Prosecutors allege Van der Sloot killed Flores in his hotel room, where her body was found, with "ferocity and great cruelty." According to a transcript of the confession, he elbowed the young woman in the nose, strangled her with both hands, threw her to the floor, took off his bloodied shirt and asphyxiated her.

The newspaper said he now says that's not true.

"I was tricked," the paper quoted Van der Sloot as saying of Flores' killing. "I'll explain later how it all happened."

He is scheduled to be interviewed by a judge in Lima this week.

A self-avowed compulsive liar, Van der Sloot has several times given and retracted admissions of involvement in Holloway's disappearance.

He is being held in a segregated block of the maximum-security Castro Castro prison in eastern Lima. He asked to be separated from the main prison population out of fear for his life.

For now he has his own 6.6-by-11.5-foot (2-by-3.5-meter) cell, which is adjacent to that of a reputed Colombian hit man, with whom he shares a television set.

Van der Sloot told the Telegraaf that rats crawl into his room through his toilet hole at night.

His mother Anita van der Sloot said in an interview published by the same newspaper over the weekend that Van der Sloot suffers from mental problems. She said she doesn't believe he had killed Holloway, but if he killed Flores "he'll have to pay the price" and she didn't plan to visit him in jail.

Holloway's father Dave has called on Van der Sloot to reveal anything he knows about the location of her body, which has never been found. Van der Sloot has said he will only talk about the matter with Aruba authorities.

Flores' father Ricardo told the Associated Press in an earlier interview that his daughter had resisted her attacker, who he is certain was Van der Sloot. He said the Dutchman would be linked to the crime by DNA evidence retrieved from under her fingernails.

He said he hopes that Van der Sloot will eventually be punished for the deaths of both women "so that there can be justice."
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1339 on: June 21, 2010, 06:50:39 AM »

Van der Sloot: 'I was tricked'

By the CNN Wire Staff
June 21, 2010 6:02 a.m. EDT

Lima, Peru (CNN) -- Joran van der Sloot was "tricked" into confessing to the murder of a Peruvian student, Stephany Flores Ramirez, he says in a Dutch newspaper article published Monday.

Peruvian police told him that if he signed the papers they gave him, he would be transferred to the Netherlands, he told De Telegraaf in a jail interview.

"In my blind panic I signed everything, but never knew what was written on them," he said.

He is scheduled to appear in a Peruvian court Monday for a hearing into the death of Flores, 21.

Attorney Maximo Altez said van der Sloot's statement in court will focus on how his rights were violated during the investigation.

Altez has maintained that the judge in the case should strike down van der Sloot's confession because he was not properly represented when he was interrogated.

But Peruvian police have defended the interrogation and said van der Sloot's confession was acquired legally.

According to transcripts of his confession, van der Sloot said he elbowed Flores in the face before strangling her and then suffocating her with his shirt.

The transcripts -- provided to CNN by a police source -- provide shocking details and give the public its first glimpse of why van der Sloot says the alleged murder took place. The source has not been named because he was not authorized to pass along the material.

Peruvian authorities have charged van der Sloot with murder. He's also been considered the main suspect in the well-publicized 2005 disappearance of Alabama teen Natalee Holloway in Aruba.

Van der Sloot told authorities he attacked Flores on May 30 after she read an e-mail on his computer connected with the Holloway case.

In the transcript, van der Sloot said that after Flores read the e-mail, she punched him in the face.

"At that moment impulsively, with my right elbow I hit her in the face exactly on top of the nose," van der Sloot said. "I think she started to faint. It affected me so that I grabbed her from the neck and strangled her for a minute."

Van der Sloot said he had a quick thought to try and hide the body but instead fled.

He was arrested in Chile on June 3 and was returned the next day to Peru. Along with killing Flores, who had a broken neck, he took money and bank cards from her wallet, police said.

Van der Sloot told police in Chile a different story of how Flores died when he was arrested there, according to transcripts. He blamed the death on robbers who had waited for him at his hotel in Peru.

"There was a man coming from the access door with a knife in his hand," van der Sloot said. "The man with the knife hit her in the face, making her bleed through the nose."

But Peru authorities said they had overwhelming evidence pointing to van der Sloot, and when he was transferred to Peru, van der Sloot confessed to the crime, police said.

Van der Sloot said he was in Peru for a poker tournament and had met Flores while he was gambling.

Police have said they think van der Sloot killed Flores to steal money she won from gambling.

Van der Sloot offered a different motive.

"After I responded with hitting her, I feared that she would go to the police and they would detain me for what was an impulsive act," van der Sloot said. "I think I wanted to kill her because I wasn't thinking."

Van der Sloot is being held in a high-security area of the Miguel Castro Castro prison where only two of 10 cells are occupied, and he has no contact with inmates in the general prison population.

He is under guard 24 hours a day, authorities have said.

The only other inmate in the area is alleged Colombian hit man Hugo Trujillo Ospina. The two have spent some time together in a common area where there is a television set and weights made of broomsticks and soda bottles, authorities said.

There is the possibility that van der Sloot will be integrated with other segments of the prison population.

CNN's Francesca Church, Mayra Cuevas and Jean Casarez contributed to this report.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.