March 29, 2024, 08:12:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #840 6/17/10 - 6/22/10  (Read 368791 times)
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1340 on: June 21, 2010, 07:09:55 AM »

I noticed somewhere that as Joran exited the hotel, an employee asked him to move the car.

Do we know where the car was parked? If it was parked illegally, or maybe in an loading/unloading area that most hotels have? I think that might have a bearing on why Stephany went to the hotel - not intending to be there long.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1341 on: June 21, 2010, 07:14:05 AM »

Well, when the police in Peru were processing him, he very carefully read the paperwork, asked questions and signed it.....on videotape.

If I remember the confession, it asked about his lawyer and he said the lawyer was present.  The confession was signed by the lawyer and the translator, also.  I would bet it is all on videotape.

Perhaps Joran should have brushed up on Peruvian law, before he traveled.
ozziesmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1342 on: June 21, 2010, 07:19:44 AM »

Well, when the police in Peru were processing him, he very carefully read the paperwork, asked questions and signed it.....on videotape.

If I remember the confession, it asked about his lawyer and he said the lawyer was present.  The confession was signed by the lawyer and the translator, also.  I would bet it is all on videotape.

wasn't it video taped as well? either way, I don't think it's needed...there's PLENTY of forensic and VIDEO evidence......

In Aruba, everyone lies!! Except Jossy!
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1343 on: June 21, 2010, 07:25:37 AM »

I think Joran "brushed up" on Peru law while he was on the lam.

His "confession" is a vat of lies incorporating mitigating factors for purpose of sentencing. For example, heat of the moment, under the influence of marajuana, something like "blackout" or not remembering certain things.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Jo-An
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1344 on: June 21, 2010, 07:28:24 AM »

Plus Joran asked if he could read the whole confession again before signing it.
`Blind panic` my a**.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1345 on: June 21, 2010, 07:29:56 AM »

I am so glad Joran goes before the judge today, he's had about a week to fall back into his bait-and-switch act with Natalee's disappearance. He really thinks he can escape these charges too.

Thank you Aruba, aren't you proud of your boy that you taught never has to be accountable for anything he does.

He was tricked??? Were Natalee and Stephany tricked by him ??? Oh yes, I believe that they were and sick, evil people always accuse others of the things they are guilty of themselves.

The CNN article references the motive for Stephany's killing as "her winnings". That means they likely have videotape and witnesses that can back that up.

Spin Joran & Anita, spin......spin.......spin.

I continue to stand with the girl.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1346 on: June 21, 2010, 07:32:17 AM »

I think Joran "brushed up" on Peru law while he was on the lam.

His "confession" is a vat of lies incorporating mitigating factors for purpose of sentencing. For example, heat of the moment, under the influence of marajuana, something like "blackout" or not remembering certain things.

Yep, again I think the internet history on that laptop will be very informational and incriminating.

I expect he was searching all of the above msmarples.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1347 on: June 21, 2010, 07:36:11 AM »

And one more thing lol...........

IF Joran was truly running from Aruba to avoid going into a mental clinic, why did Anita and Renfro leave facebook messages wishing him love, happiness, and goodness?

Any sane and responsible mother or 'dear friend' would have left a message stating "please call and let's talk" or "we'll help you deal with this" or "the issues will remain until you address them".

They knew he was running from the extortion charges !!!

ozziesmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1348 on: June 21, 2010, 07:41:37 AM »

doesn't anyone check his FB and see Julia on his page????? Why would the news put this person on thier shows when she (Julia) is clearly a Joran protector?

In Aruba, everyone lies!! Except Jossy!
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1349 on: June 21, 2010, 07:41:39 AM »

IF Joran was truly running from Aruba to avoid going into a mental clinic, why did Anita and Renfro leave facebook messages wishing him love, happiness, and goodness?

Any sane and responsible mother or 'dear friend' would have left a message stating "please call and let's talk" or "we'll help you deal with this" or "the issues will remain until you address them".

yep.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1350 on: June 21, 2010, 07:52:56 AM »

Exactly. 

Have a great day Monkeys!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1351 on: June 21, 2010, 08:08:50 AM »

I still think at least Anita knew Joran's location and may have even assisted him financially in his bid to elude justice.  If these two sleazehags knew his location and failed to assist Interpol, I do hope they can be charged criminally in some manner.

I don't think Interpol will view obstruction of justice and aiding and abetting a fugitive from justice as perfectly "normal" as was done in Aruba.

And Anita knows she has done something illegal.  That's why she is afraid to rush to Peru--if they get Joran's computer records, perhaps there she will be and will be subject to arrest in Peru.  I do think this is why she has been a no show in Peru.  At least it is my fervent hope that she can be prosecuted for her part in enabling Joran to first flee extortion charges and maybe later worse ones in Peru.

Just my opinion but there are more than Joran who need to learn that obstruction of justice is universally recognized as a crime everywhere except on the corrupt flyspeck Aruba.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1352 on: June 21, 2010, 08:15:34 AM »

Joran is not dealing with Uncle Jan this time.  PLE will NOT appreciate his false claims that they "tricked" him so I hope he receives a change in attitude from his jailers immediately.

It's really pretty stupid of Joran to anger them when they are ther only thing standing between him and that mob or him and the general population. 

But then, without Paulus to think for him, we have seen how incredibly stupid Joran really is.

Garden variety killer made notorious by the corrupt system that refused to collect evidence against him and prosecute him.  Had justice prevailed, no one would have ever heard of Joran van der Sloot other than a blurb on the news once in a while during his trial.  He is in no way exceptional in his own right.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1353 on: June 21, 2010, 08:25:20 AM »

Posted by Johan555 on the front page of SM just now:

Johan
Submitted on 2010/06/20 at 5:17pm

Blaming the mother is imo unfair and let’s face it Joran hasn’t been found guilty of any crime yet.

Let us keep up the presumption of innocence until someone is proven guilty please.

Sorry, but we are not under any obligation to do any such thing.  It's only the judiciary in a court of law that is required to have any presumption of anything.

The rest of us individuals are free to think whatever we please and voice that as well.

Go suck a lemon.

In Peru, a conviction is based on the preponderance of evidence, not "beyond reasonable doubt" as it is here. (And by 3 Judges, not a jury)

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1354 on: June 21, 2010, 08:35:19 AM »

Blonde, and by only 2 of the 3 judges!

Yes, more than enough evidence to convict.

But Joran is going for some kind of rights violation to try to get the whole thing thrown out of court.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1355 on: June 21, 2010, 08:36:57 AM »

Drudge Report links to the story on Yahoo by posting "Van der SLUT retracts confession"

LOL.

Then at the article there are almost 3000 comments, almost every single one soundly condemning Joran.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1356 on: June 21, 2010, 08:43:46 AM »

Drudge Report links to the story on Yahoo by posting "Van der SLUT retracts confession"

LOL.

Then at the article there are almost 3000 comments, almost every single one soundly condemning Joran.

Ah, phooey!  They have not corrected it!

I liked it better the first way.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1357 on: June 21, 2010, 08:45:08 AM »

LOL.

Ah, phooey!  They have not corrected it!

I liked it better the first way.

Should be NOW corrected it.

I give up until after more coffee. . .

PERSONA NON GRATA

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1358 on: June 21, 2010, 09:02:46 AM »

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpps/news/joran-van-der-sloot-retracts-confession-to-flores-murder-dpgonc-20100621-fc_8229634
Joran van der Sloot Retracts 'Forced' Confession to Flores Murder

Updated: Monday, 21 Jun 2010, 7:41 AM CDT
Published : Monday, 21 Jun 2010, 7:41 AM CDT

(NewsCore) - Joran van der Sloot took back his confession to the brutal murder of Peruvian student Stephany Flores, saying police had "tricked" him with false promises of extradition to Aruba, Dutch daily newspaper De Telegraaf reported Monday.

The 21-year-old, also a prime suspect in the 2005 disappearance of American tourist Natalee Holloway, described his "blind panic" when confronted with the extradition papers following his apprehension in Chile.

"I was scared during the interrogation and confused and wanted to leave," van der Sloot said from his cell in Lima's notorious Miguel Castro Castro prison. Previous reports indicated that van der Sloot had been petrified of being locked up in Peru. He told the Dutch newspaper his cell was infested with rats.

Van der Sloot did not give details on how exactly he was tricked, telling the paper, "How exactly this (trickery) happened, I will tell you later."
The Dutch national has changed his story regarding how Flores' severely beaten corpse came to be in his hotel room, telling authorities last week that she had been attacked by an armed robber.

Story shifting is not new for van der Sloot, who, in 2008 told Fox News anchor Greta van Susteren that he had sold 18-year-old Holloway to a man who traveled between Aruba and Venezuela. He later admitted to fabricating the story and returned to his former stance that he had nothing to do with Holloway's disappearance.

After confessing to murdering Flores after a night of poker playing, van der Sloot told authorities he would lead them to Holloway's body if they sent him back to Aruba. It is unclear if van der Sloot retracted this offer along with his confession.

Van der Sloot is due to face a Peruvian judge on charges of first degree murder Monday

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1359 on: June 21, 2010, 09:10:02 AM »

Some notes I took last night while tuning in to Steph Watts' blogtalk radio:

1)  ABC paid Melody $150,000 for her diary,etc.

2)  Steph was able to talk with some of his friends who told him that Joran was known as a bully
     school-so much so, that once he had to get up & apologize to everyone at school.

3)  When Sebastian was seven years old, Joran beat him up so badly that Sebastian had to be
     hospitalized and almost died.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.