April 18, 2024, 09:17:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #840 6/17/10 - 6/22/10  (Read 370149 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1380 on: June 21, 2010, 10:26:13 AM »

Stephany's brother seems to think she kept her winnings in her car.  He says he checked the bank and she had NOT deposited the money.  She didn't keep it at home because the parents would find it and her father told her not to gamble.  So he says that money is still missing.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1381 on: June 21, 2010, 10:28:23 AM »

Some notes I took last night while tuning in to Steph Watts' blogtalk radio:

1)  ABC paid Melody $150,000 for her diary,etc.

2)  Steph was able to talk with some of his friends who told him that Joran was known as a bully
     school-so much so, that once he had to get up & apologize to everyone at school.

3)  When Sebastian was seven years old, Joran beat him up so badly that Sebastian had to be
     hospitalized and almost died.
And they didn't put him away for that???????????????????????????

Nor for killing the dog, throwing a kid into a plate glass window, or a choler off a bridge ...

We learned early on, as everyone on the island already knew, that the kid had a short fuse.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1382 on: June 21, 2010, 10:29:49 AM »

I noticed somewhere that as Joran exited the hotel, an employee asked him to move the car.

Do we know where the car was parked? If it was parked illegally, or maybe in an loading/unloading area that most hotels have? I think that might have a bearing on why Stephany went to the hotel - not intending to be there long.

I'll look for

It's JORAN that mentioned having to move the car in his confession:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8133.msg1163235#new

"I got up thinking what to do. There was also blood on my shirt and on the bed. When I took my shirt and I pushed it hard on her face, until she was dead. Then I thought: now what? I left the hotel but the receptionist told me I had to move the car. I went back to room 309. I wanted to flee the hotel. I grabbed my two bags and I drove away with the car. I do not remember where. I have about five minutes driving around. Then I took a taxi to the international airport "Jorge Chavez". Then I thought that I better not by plane could go. I took a taxi to the other side of town, at a bus terminal."

Thanks klaas.

See, what I'm thinking is that if she just parked in the street in front of the hotel, or in maybe a short-term parking area (10 minute type of thing), it would be a clear indication that she didn't intend to spend any time there.

(And, too, maybe she didn't want to sit by herself in the car in front of a literally tacky hotel.)

Just one of those little details; don't know if it's anything significant.

IMO, that "tip" is good enough to send to PLE.  Maybe we need information on any tipline they may have.

Good to see you haven't lost your touch for detail, msmarple.

If not PLE, maybe stephany's brother or someone who could have them check it out.  It could be important.

And is something that with the mountain of evidence, may have not been considered.

JMO

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1383 on: June 21, 2010, 10:33:44 AM »

Maybe Cecelita can tell us if there is a tipline or place to give info to PLE.

Would be good to have in the event of any other insightful thoughts.

PERSONA NON GRATA

blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1384 on: June 21, 2010, 10:33:51 AM »

http://elcomercio.pe/noticia/498276/joran-van-der-sloot-declara-hoy-ante-juez-caso-penal-castro-castro

It's currently 8:49am in Peru

Through translator:

Joran van der Sloot declared today before the trial judge in the Castro Castro prison

The Netherlands citizen, confessed murderer in the death of Stephany Flores, give their testimony from 10 am before Judge Carlos Morales Cordova
Monday June 21, 2010 - 8:00 a.m.

Tell the truth. Joran Andreas Petrus van der Sloot will be questioned this morning about the brutal murder of young Stephany Flores happened the fateful morning of May 30 at a hotel in Miraflores.

According to judicial sources, the statement of confessed murderer of the college student is scheduled for 10 am at the Miguel Castro Castro prison, where he is being held.

Judge of the Fourth Criminal Court of Lima, Carlos Morales Cordova will be responsible for clarifying the facts and determine responsibility for the crime of Stephany Flores, whose crime is configured with the crimes of homicide and simple theft.

As recalled, the Dutchman Joran van der Sloot, 22 years old, remains in jail since last July 11 in a case that has gone around the world and is followed by the U.S. Justice Department that relates to disappearance of Natalee Holloway in Aruba young.

DECLARE INVOLVED
Those testifying should also consist of brothers John Oswald and John Williams and Carlos Alberto Aparcana Pisconte Pretil Uribe, who are accused of having facilitated the transportation of Joran van der Sloot of Nasca to Tacna.

It is presumed that they were aware of the crime committed by the citizens Netherlands and although it helped him escape to Chile.

The statements of the alleged perpetrators, tried to subpoena restricted by the offense of failure to report, are scheduled for 23, 24 and June 25 from 2:30 pm

The holder of the Fourth Criminal Court of Lima also had the realization of psychological and psychiatric expertise to the principal defendant, and the ratification of the autopsy and all the expert opinions made in the preliminary stage (fingerprint, forensic psychology, criminal roadworthiness, toxicological , etc.), so that experts explain the reason for their opinions.

Through a statement issued days ago, the Court of Lima reported that the reconstruction of the events will be scheduled in due course, depending on progress of the criminal proceedings.

Natalee HOLLOWAY CASE
The press release said if any evidence emerges referred to the death of American teenager Natalee Holloway in Aruba, the court stated that it will evaluate and take necessary measures so that relevant authorities can achieve such evidence without affecting the process Peru or the fundamental rights of the accused.

Is the press allowed in the courtroom?
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1385 on: June 21, 2010, 10:35:46 AM »

2)  Steph was able to talk with some of his friends who told him that Joran was known as a bully
     school-so much so, that once he had to get up & apologize to everyone at school.

3)  When Sebastian was seven years old, Joran beat him up so badly that Sebastian had to be

Nor for killing the dog, throwing a kid into a plate glass window, or a choler off a bridge ...

We learned early on, as everyone on the island already knew, that the kid had a short fuse.

When Sebastian was seven years old, Joran beat him up so badly that Sebastian had to be

Do you have a link for this one TY

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1386 on: June 21, 2010, 10:35:47 AM »

Blah - no courtroom, the judge goes to Joran in his cell.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1387 on: June 21, 2010, 10:36:04 AM »

Maybe Joran's fellow prisoners should be afraid of him ... lol 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1388 on: June 21, 2010, 10:37:41 AM »

Blonde  - I think it was on Blogtalk Radio last nght

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/watts-up-with-this
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1389 on: June 21, 2010, 10:37:59 AM »

Do you know if they make a transcript or video or anything?
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1390 on: June 21, 2010, 10:38:53 AM »

one that will be available that is
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1391 on: June 21, 2010, 10:42:47 AM »

When Sebastian was seven years old, Joran beat him up so badly that Sebastian had to be

Do you have a link for this one TY

I heard it on Steph Watt's online 'watts-up-with-this' blogtalk radio broadcast last night.  He was broadcasting from New York he said.

Try http://www.blogtalkradio.com/watts-up-with-this  & see if you can find last night's broadcast. 

Tim Miller was supposed to be on but had to cancel as he was too tired from the trip and was emotionally drained due to the situation & Father's Day memories of his own.

In a minute, I'll see if I can find it for you, but have to leave for a bit right now.
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1392 on: June 21, 2010, 10:45:04 AM »

And yet, it is beyond the realm of possibility to them that he killed Natalee. Stephanie, oh yes, he could have done that, but not Natalee. Get real.

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1393 on: June 21, 2010, 10:47:36 AM »

SNIPPED>>>>>>
June 21, 2010 10:03 AM
LIMA - The Dutch suspect in the killing of a U.S. teenager on holiday in Aruba five years ago will go before a judge Monday to face questions about the killing of a young Peruvian woman in May.

Joran Van der Sloot, who confessed to killing 21-year-old Stephany Flores, found beaten to death in his Lima hotel room, has been held at the Miguel Castro Castro prison since June 11 after confessing to the crime.

His Peruvian lawyer Maximo Altez has told local media that Van der Sloot plans to avoid responding to the judge's questions in a bid to invalidate the police investigation.

Altez said his client would not speak to authorities until the court accepts a writ of habeas corpus for him to challenge his detention. The document was filed a week ago and requested a new police interrogation in the presence of a Altez, a prosecutor and a translator.

Police say their previous interrogation already took place under these circumstances.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Dutch+suspect+Peru+Aruba+murders+face+questioning/3181180/story.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1394 on: June 21, 2010, 10:49:22 AM »

If Joran was really scheduled to go into a psychiatric unit in the Netherlands, I am sure it was more to be "stored away" someplace so they couldn't arrest him for the extortion plot.

If Anita insists that Joran did not kill Natalee than I am wondering if Paulus finished her off.  Joran may have called Papa Sloot after Natalee became injured, after being drugged, sexually assaulted, and possibly beat up.  Joran didn't know what to do because she wasn't dead but severely injured.  Paulus may have assessed the siutation and felt Natalee could recover with medical care. . . but would then be alive to tell what happened OR  she was so injured that Paulus felt she wasn't going to make it, so he took care of it for Joran.  If they had called medical personnel then Paulus knew Joran would go down for assault/drugging or whatever.

At first I believe Anita didn't know what happened to Natalee, but I really think she knows now.  I wonder how much the brothers know.

As far as I'm concerned, they should lock the entire family up until someone starts telling the truth.
Easy to blame a dead guy. He was a slime ball and more than likely a co-conspirator, but it was Joran's doing.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1395 on: June 21, 2010, 10:49:54 AM »

one that will be available that is

I have no idea.  I bet they do make a transcript or something available though.
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1396 on: June 21, 2010, 10:50:58 AM »

SNIPPED>>>>>>
June 21, 2010 10:03 AM
LIMA - The Dutch suspect in the killing of a U.S. teenager on holiday in Aruba five years ago will go before a judge Monday to face questions about the killing of a young Peruvian woman in May.

Joran Van der Sloot, who confessed to killing 21-year-old Stephany Flores, found beaten to death in his Lima hotel room, has been held at the Miguel Castro Castro prison since June 11 after confessing to the crime.

His Peruvian lawyer Maximo Altez has told local media that Van der Sloot plans to avoid responding to the judge's questions in a bid to invalidate the police investigation.

Altez said his client would not speak to authorities until the court accepts a writ of habeas corpus for him to challenge his detention. The document was filed a week ago and requested a new police interrogation in the presence of a Altez, a prosecutor and a translator.

Police say their previous interrogation already took place under these circumstances.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Dutch+suspect+Peru+Aruba+murders+face+questioning/3181180/story.html

Sounds to me like they aren't going to let Joran's crying wolf bother them in the least.  They have what they need and they did it legally.

Maine, born and raised!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1397 on: June 21, 2010, 10:55:50 AM »

'I was duped into confessing,' says Joran van der Sloot
Monday 21 June 2010

Murder suspect Joran van der Sloot has told the Telegraaf newspaper he was duped into confessing to the murder of Peruvian woman Stephany Flores by promises that he would be extradited to the Netherlands.

'During the questioning, I was very scared and confused and wanted to get away,' Van der Sloot told reporters from the newspaper from Castro Castro prison in Lima.

Van der Sloot claims he was told that if he signed the papers he would be sent back to the Netherlands. 'In my blind panic I signed everything, but I did not know what [the documents] said,' he is quoted as saying.

Van der Sloot is due to appear in court on Monday but has said he will refuse to answer questions. 'My lawyer is focusing on all the procedural errors which have been made. I should not even be here,' he told the paper.

The Dutchman has also twice been arrested and released in connection with the disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway on Aruba five years ago.

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2010/06/i_was_duped_into_confessing_sa.php

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1398 on: June 21, 2010, 10:58:46 AM »

Posted on the front page of SM:

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ad.nl%2Fad%2Fnl%2F1005%2FDigitaal%2Farticle%2Fdetail%2F492270%2F2010%2F06%2F21%2FMartel-Joran-tot-een-bekentenis.dhtml&sl=nl&tl=en

Direct link to the game:

http://www.roundgames.com/game/Torture+Joran
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 11:03:30 AM by klaasend » Logged
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1399 on: June 21, 2010, 11:00:45 AM »

BooMonkey - Had he killed Stephany (or someone else) in Aruba, another coverup would ensue. It's all about the tourism. I think Aruba is just relieved that this happened somewhere else.

Anna - Re. where Stephany parked her car - I'm sure the police know exactly where the car was parked (probably on camera, lol). We would need to know whether it was "overdue" in its parking place. And whether someone at the hotel actually told Joran to move the car.

I also want to reiterate something I posted earlier, re. Joran's mental state. I think Anita and Paulus knew he had problems long before Natalee, and certainly after Natalee. But commiting him (after Natalee) could have been perceived as an admission of his guilt. Maybe they felt boxed in - a Catch 22. It was not only about their fair-haired boy, but the island's economy.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.