April 18, 2024, 08:21:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #840 6/17/10 - 6/22/10  (Read 370148 times)
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1720 on: June 21, 2010, 10:17:37 PM »

Wow - Now there is a confident leader for Aruba!

I have made some simple observations the last 5 years.

1.  Aruba is a dry and hot island
2.  If there's no wind, you sweat like a Sloot pig
3.  A bit too much partying for many of these middle age people
4.  Many islanders overweight and out of shape.  Likely due to eating and partying too much.
5.  All of the above contribute to excess perspiration Wink

He looks like a fatover weight Hitler in that pic...just saying.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1721 on: June 21, 2010, 10:19:18 PM »

Wow - Now there is a confident leader for Aruba!

I have made some simple observations the last 5 years.

1.  Aruba is a dry and hot island
2.  If there's no wind, you sweat like a Sloot pig
3.  A bit too much partying for many of these middle age people
4.  Many islanders overweight and out of shape.  Likely due to eating and partying too much.
5.  All of the above contribute to excess perspiration Wink

I agree-I'm glad I don't live there.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1722 on: June 21, 2010, 10:19:36 PM »

Dana:  This is a really good show!   Smile  Enjoying hearing Rita's description of her dad's heroism...

It is, it's a great show!

Yes it is, my mother & daughter are listening in tonight - I'm still working so only able to listen with half an ear.

Daughter just read this, suggested I post it. There are a few statements by Anita in this that yank my chain.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-06-21/van-der-sloot-retracts-confession/

As Joran van der Sloot retracts confessing to murdering Stephany Flores, his own mother admits he "may have" killed the young woman in Peru and her own "grave mistake."

Joran van der Sloot faced charges in court before Judge Carlos Morales in a closed-door session on Monday morning and has reportedly retracted his confession to the murder of Stephany Flores in Lima, Peru on May 30. Meanwhile, in Aruba, his mother has told a Dutch newspaper that her son needs psychological help and that he “may have” killed the young Peruvian woman.

Joran van der Sloot’s mother says she had booked a bed in a psychiatric hospital in Holland for her son just days before he left for Peru where he allegedly killed 21-year-old Flores. “My son is sick in the head,” Anita van der Sloot told De Telegraaf newspaper in an exclusive interview that ran in the Sunday edition. “He did not want help. He left to avoid hospitalization.”

Van der Sloot’s mother also told the Dutch paper that she would not be going to Peru to see him. And she would not speak to the American press, which she says vilified her son when he was accused of involvement in the disappearance of American teen Natalee Holloway in Aruba in 2005. She and her husband Paulus, who died of a heart attack at the age of 57 last February, were steadfast in their support when Joran was jailed in connection with Holloway’s disappearance. This time, van der Sloot’s mother is not so sure of her son’s innocence. “I will not visit him in his cell,” she said. “I cannot embrace him.”

The 22-year-old’s mother says her son is “not a monster.” Instead, she says he is “sick.” And she told De Telegraaf that she still honestly believed that Joran was not involved in Holloway’s disappearance, but conceded to the paper that she is not as sure about Flores. “I believed Joran even through his many lies,” she said about Holloway. “He left her on the beach. I still really believe that.” Flores, on the other hand, “he may have killed.”

She described to the paper how his psychological condition had deteriorated since his father’s death—for which she says he felt ultimately responsible. She said her son felt guilty about the stress he had put his father under, and that his heart attack was a direct result of Joran’s troubles. She described how he had a gambling addiction, and that he increasingly showed signs of mental illness. When she spoke to her son just days before Flores was murdered, he sounded “paranoid” and he told her that he was sure someone was following him. When he was on the run in Chile, she pleaded with him that he must turn himself into authorities and “bear the burden.”

Mrs. Van Der Sloot has admitted that she feels guilty for her son’s actions. She explained that she and her husband erred in sending their son to Holland after Holloway’s disappearance. He should have had psychological treatment then, she said, but her husband was worried that people would find out and it would make him appear guilty in Holloway’s disappearance. Instead, they sent him to Holland to study and later to Thailand where they helped him buy a coffee bar that he sold last year. “We made a grave mistake,” she says. “He already needed psychiatric help back then.”

Officials in Peru don’t agree. They say Van Der Sloot has undergone extensive psychological tests since his arrest June 3 near Santiago, Chile, and he is not mentally ill. He was extradited to Lima where he admitted murdering Flores, giving gruesome details including how, over breakfast, he contemplated dismembering her body to get rid of it. The details led Peruvian investigators to believe that Van Der Sloot was a venomous killer whose attempts to set up his alibi and his clear lack of remorse showed that he was cold and calculating—not a psychopath. "There was blood everywhere," Van der Sloot said, according to transcripts of the confession obtained by The Daily Beast. "What am I going to do now? I had blood on my shirt. There was also blood on the bed, so I took my shirt and put it on her face, pressing hard, until I killed Stephany."

Van der Sloot’s lawyer now says he was coerced into giving the confession. He says that the interrogation was tough — both physically and psychologically — and that he was promised that he would be returned to The Netherlands if he confessed to the crime. His lawyer will ask Judge Morales for an official retraction. In the meantime, several news organizations were given access to his cell in the infamous Miguel Castro Castro prison to see the conditions first hand. CNN and ABC report that it is a six-by-10 foot cell with a mattress on a cement frame, a hole in the floor as a toilet, and a sink. He was not in the cell at the time of the walk-through, and his lawyer says he will only grant interviews for a hefty fee. He will remain in solitary confinement away from the general population throughout the pre-trial investigation phase which could take a year or more.

--Barbie Latza Nadeau, author of the Beast Book Angel Face, about Amanda Knox, has reported from Italy for Newsweek Magazine since 1997. She also writes for CNN Traveller, Budget Travel Magazine and Frommer's.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1723 on: June 21, 2010, 10:27:41 PM »

Peru must not have a "Son of Sam Law" or whatever it is called that says a criminal can't profit from his crime.

Anyone who pays Joran for an interview is as sick in the head as he is!

Well, one thing about that is that it will likely end up in the hands of his attorney and not benefit Joran very much.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1724 on: June 21, 2010, 10:28:23 PM »

I hope he doesn't get any offers to do an interview.  This is just what Joran wants.  Don't give him what he wants.

Let him rot with his new best friend the rat.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1725 on: June 21, 2010, 10:29:05 PM »

Excellent program, Dana!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1726 on: June 21, 2010, 10:34:21 PM »

Dana:  This is a really good show!   Smile  Enjoying hearing Rita's description of her dad's heroism...

Yes it is, my mother & daughter are listening in tonight - I'm still working so only able to listen with half an ear.

Daughter just read this, suggested I post it. There are a few statements by Anita in this that yank my chain.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-06-21/van-der-sloot-retracts-confession/

As Joran van der Sloot retracts confessing to murdering Stephany Flores, his own mother admits he "may have" killed the young woman in Peru and her own "grave mistake."

Joran van der Sloot faced charges in court before Judge Carlos Morales in a closed-door session on Monday morning and has reportedly retracted his confession to the murder of Stephany Flores in Lima, Peru on May 30. Meanwhile, in Aruba, his mother has told a Dutch newspaper that her son needs psychological help and that he “may have” killed the young Peruvian woman.

Joran van der Sloot’s mother says she had booked a bed in a psychiatric hospital in Holland for her son just days before he left for Peru where he allegedly killed 21-year-old Flores. “My son is sick in the head,” Anita van der Sloot told De Telegraaf newspaper in an exclusive interview that ran in the Sunday edition. “He did not want help. He left to avoid hospitalization.”

Van der Sloot’s mother also told the Dutch paper that she would not be going to Peru to see him. And she would not speak to the American press, which she says vilified her son when he was accused of involvement in the disappearance of American teen Natalee Holloway in Aruba in 2005. She and her husband Paulus, who died of a heart attack at the age of 57 last February, were steadfast in their support when Joran was jailed in connection with Holloway’s disappearance. This time, van der Sloot’s mother is not so sure of her son’s innocence. “I will not visit him in his cell,” she said. “I cannot embrace him.”

The 22-year-old’s mother says her son is “not a monster.” Instead, she says he is “sick.” And she told De Telegraaf that she still honestly believed that Joran was not involved in Holloway’s disappearance, but conceded to the paper that she is not as sure about Flores. “I believed Joran even through his many lies,” she said about Holloway. “He left her on the beach. I still really believe that.” Flores, on the other hand, “he may have killed.”

She described to the paper how his psychological condition had deteriorated since his father’s death—for which she says he felt ultimately responsible. She said her son felt guilty about the stress he had put his father under, and that his heart attack was a direct result of Joran’s troubles. She described how he had a gambling addiction, and that he increasingly showed signs of mental illness. When she spoke to her son just days before Flores was murdered, he sounded “paranoid” and he told her that he was sure someone was following him. When he was on the run in Chile, she pleaded with him that he must turn himself into authorities and “bear the burden.”

Mrs. Van Der Sloot has admitted that she feels guilty for her son’s actions. She explained that she and her husband erred in sending their son to Holland after Holloway’s disappearance. He should have had psychological treatment then, she said, but her husband was worried that people would find out and it would make him appear guilty in Holloway’s disappearance. Instead, they sent him to Holland to study and later to Thailand where they helped him buy a coffee bar that he sold last year. “We made a grave mistake,” she says. “He already needed psychiatric help back then.”

Officials in Peru don’t agree. They say Van Der Sloot has undergone extensive psychological tests since his arrest June 3 near Santiago, Chile, and he is not mentally ill. He was extradited to Lima where he admitted murdering Flores, giving gruesome details including how, over breakfast, he contemplated dismembering her body to get rid of it. The details led Peruvian investigators to believe that Van Der Sloot was a venomous killer whose attempts to set up his alibi and his clear lack of remorse showed that he was cold and calculating—not a psychopath. "There was blood everywhere," Van der Sloot said, according to transcripts of the confession obtained by The Daily Beast. "What am I going to do now? I had blood on my shirt. There was also blood on the bed, so I took my shirt and put it on her face, pressing hard, until I killed Stephany."

Van der Sloot’s lawyer now says he was coerced into giving the confession. He says that the interrogation was tough — both physically and psychologically — and that he was promised that he would be returned to The Netherlands if he confessed to the crime. His lawyer will ask Judge Morales for an official retraction. In the meantime, several news organizations were given access to his cell in the infamous Miguel Castro Castro prison to see the conditions first hand. CNN and ABC report that it is a six-by-10 foot cell with a mattress on a cement frame, a hole in the floor as a toilet, and a sink. He was not in the cell at the time of the walk-through, and his lawyer says he will only grant interviews for a hefty fee. He will remain in solitary confinement away from the general population throughout the pre-trial investigation phase which could take a year or more.

--Barbie Latza Nadeau, author of the Beast Book Angel Face, about Amanda Knox, has reported from Italy for Newsweek Magazine since 1997. She also writes for CNN Traveller, Budget Travel Magazine and Frommer's.

HELLO, Anita!  This is BS. 

Thanks, Nonesuche.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1727 on: June 21, 2010, 10:36:05 PM »

I hope he doesn't get any offers to do an interview.  This is just what Joran wants.  Don't give him what he wants.

Let him rot with his new best friend the rat.

San, I guess that Dutch reporter already did pay his "hefty fee."  Makes me furious that Joran is once again going to profit from his murders.

PERSONA NON GRATA

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #1728 on: June 21, 2010, 10:36:59 PM »

Lies are hard on a body. They accelerate the aging process.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1729 on: June 21, 2010, 10:37:29 PM »

DANA, GREAT SHOW.  Covered some of my favorite topics.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1730 on: June 21, 2010, 10:38:23 PM »

Since Joran did not take to the mental sick bed, perhaps Anita could be admitted.  She certainly is in dire need of it.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
canoworms
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1731 on: June 21, 2010, 10:40:29 PM »

Thank you everyone for the great research and reports. Now that my autistic sons are older I have less time to search for clues and you are all terrific at posting the essentials. I wish I could tune into the blogtalk shows but my connection is awful and even staying on here is a challenge at times.
Mind blowing tidbit of info you posted there, Ono, about Sebastiaan being one of Joran's victims. I bet all hard copy of that is hidden so it will go down in the rumor or hearsay files ( the Sloots sure won't bring it up).
If it is accurate I wonder what it must have felt like to be betrayed by the two people you thought would protect you from harm ( father- judge and mother-teacher).
Yegods!
Selena
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1732 on: June 21, 2010, 10:44:27 PM »

Selena,  I wish Jossy or somebody on the island would pin down that business about Joran beating up his brother when the brother was only 7 yo.

Would be very interesting to know if this is fact or fiction.

PERSONA NON GRATA

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1733 on: June 21, 2010, 10:45:19 PM »

Someone (Ono iirc) commented on Steph Watts latest show earlier.  I've started listening to it (after Dana of course) and this is some of what he said.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/watts-up-with-this

He just got back from Aruba and had a chance to talk to a lot of locals, and a lot of friends of Joran van der Sloot's and they all painted this interesting picture of his history.  

He beat his younger brother so badly that his younger brother almost died. He said later in the show (in response from questions from the Chat Room) that he didn't have a lot of details other than Joran beat his younger brother (who he thinks was 7 or 8 years old at the time) so badly that had to be hospitalized and almost lost his life.

He was an incredible bully in school.

He was known for torturing animals.

He threw a homeless man off a bridge.

He robbed his school and was forced to apologize in front of the entire school.

ANITA, LIED AND PROTECTED JORAN EVEN THOUGH SHE KNEW EXACTLY WHAT HE WAS CAPABLE OF!

What do her other sons really think of her?  I know what I'd think of her if she were my mother.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1734 on: June 21, 2010, 10:47:04 PM »

Someone (Ono iirc) commented on Steph Watts latest show earlier.  I've started listening to it (after Dana of course) and this is some of what he said.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/watts-up-with-this

He just got back from Aruba and had a chance to talk to a lot of locals, and a lot of friends of Joran van der Sloot's and they all painted this interesting picture of his history.  

He beat his younger brother so badly that his younger brother almost died. He said later in the show (in response to questions from the Chat Room) that he didn't have a lot of details other than Joran beat his younger brother (who he thinks was 7 or 8 years old at the time) so badly that had to be hospitalized and almost lost his life.

He was an incredible bully in school.

He was known for torturing animals.

He threw a homeless man off a bridge.

He robbed his school and was forced to apologize in front of the entire school.

ANITA, LIED AND PROTECTED JORAN EVEN THOUGH SHE KNEW EXACTLY WHAT HE WAS CAPABLE OF!

What do her other sons really think of her?  I know what I'd think of her if she were my mother.

self edit

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1735 on: June 21, 2010, 10:49:23 PM »

Selena,  I wish Jossy or somebody on the island would pin down that business about Joran beating up his brother when the brother was only 7 yo.

Would be very interesting to know if this is fact or fiction.

We always heard about Joran attacking his brother and kicking him severely.
I think we all just assumed that it was Val, because Sebastian was so much younger.

I believe that it was Anita who told about Joran kicking his brother.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
canoworms
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1736 on: June 21, 2010, 10:49:45 PM »

hi Anna,
So Joran would have been 15/16 then? the timeline fits...he fell apart bigtime according to all the stories told about him around that time. Melody enetred, left. He moved to his own apt- to protect Val and sebastiaan. the lying was probably always there but the violence got amped. Hormonal? Mother hatred? Maybe he despised his brothers from birth becuase they took Anita's attentuion away and it spiraled from there?
Someone knows all this, prob Van der Stratten.
canoworms
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1737 on: June 21, 2010, 10:51:16 PM »

hi Magnolia,
Maybe this is why Anita admitted it...the kids at school ratted on him about temoer tantrums, fights,...she had to cover her ass and his by saying he was getting help for anger management. Rage disorder is more like it.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1738 on: June 21, 2010, 10:52:52 PM »

Hi none

Thanks to both you and your daughter.

I am so angry that the Peruvian system allows Joran to profit while detained ... profit from the horrific murder of one of their own.  It is so wrong.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1739 on: June 21, 2010, 10:54:20 PM »

HELLO, Anita!  This is BS. 

Thanks, Nonesuche.

I agree Nonesuche.

The only help Joran needed five years ago was to be held accountable for his crime for once in his stinking life.  She might have been amazed what a wake up call that would have been to her spoiled rotten killer!  He belonged in a prison cell, not in a hospital being catered to like she has catered to him and covered for him his whole life!

Thanks to her, his father and all that helped raise him, and then COVER FOR HIM...two young promising innocent girls lives were taken!

NOW IT'S TIME FOR JUSTICE!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.