April 30, 2024, 11:46:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #840 6/17/10 - 6/22/10  (Read 371195 times)
Jo-An
Scared Monkey

« Reply #680 on: June 19, 2010, 10:04:25 AM »

Joran van der Sloot is a goner.

So says prison expert and ex-con Larry Levine, founder of Wall Street Prison Consultants.

On "The Early Show on Saturday Morning," Levine said van der Sloot will never last in prison in Peru, where he's being held for the May 30 slaying of 21-year-old business student Stephany Flores in his Lima hotel room.

Whole article here: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/06/19/earlyshow/saturday/main6597757.shtml
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #681 on: June 19, 2010, 10:04:52 AM »

Thank you Jo-An

Janet

I also posted both pieces in the articles only thread, but you probably already saw that. Wink

Yes ... I have Jo Ann.  Thanks!

I have such mixed feelings about Anita's words.

Have a good Saturday all!.

Janet
7:00 AM PT

++++++

Psalm 118:24
This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #682 on: June 19, 2010, 10:05:11 AM »

Part one of the interview - the frontpage of De Telegraaf

Interview with Anita van der Sloot - June 19th 2010

Joran's mother breaks silence
"[/size]My son is sick in his head"

ORANJESTAD (Aruba) - Saturday
by special reporters Johan van den Heuvel en Bert Huisjes

The Mother of Joran, Anita van der Sloot, breaks the silence after many years. She says her son got into heavy psychological trouble.
Anita van der Sloot tells her story today exclusively in De Telegraaf. She said yes to a meeting with reporters, because she finds the image of Joran as "a monster" doesn't tell the whole story.
She doesn't rule out that he migt have killed Stephany Flores. Shortly before her death and during his flee she was in contact with Joran, and he sounded very paranoid. He felt like he was being "followed and watched".
According to her Joran was in heavy psychological distress after his father died. She says he blamed himself for his early death.

In the interview with De Telegraaf she says that Joran left for Peru, to escape from being admitted to a closed section of a psychiatric clinic.
"He had agreed to being admitted. But two days before he was supposed to leave for the Netherlands, he left the house."
The only thing she found, was a note that she shouldn't worry.
The director of Castro Castro yesterday tried to convince Joran van der Sloot to have an interview with CNN about the "excellent conditions in his cell" and him being treated well.
When Joran said no, he was taken out of his cell and reporters were given access to his cell. They were allowed to take pictures and shoot videos. The director indicated that Joran has a real bed in his cell with a mattress, running water, a towel and a bible to read from. His toilet is a hole in the ground.
Van der Sloot for now has the privilege of the heavily guarded cell, close to the director's office. This is a precaution, so that no one can cause him any harm.
Monday he has a court appearance.

The director of Castro, Castro wanted Joran to give an interview to CNN re the excellent conditions in his cell, and him being treated well.

So, Joran said no and was removed from his cell and reporters were given access to his cell.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
According to what we have heard, Joran is being treated well by Peruvian standards.
Joran still knows how to protect himself by saying no as he waits for the onslaught of accusations from the Netherlands as to the conditions there.
I think Joran is becoming more comfortable in his surroundings.  I hope this changes soon.

I do not think the authorities should have allowed reporters into his cell.
They could have filmed it from the corridor.  Oh well, what do I know.
Perception counts. imo
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #683 on: June 19, 2010, 10:09:30 AM »

Joran van der Sloot is a goner.

So says prison expert and ex-con Larry Levine, founder of Wall Street Prison Consultants.

On "The Early Show on Saturday Morning," Levine said van der Sloot will never last in prison in Peru, where he's being held for the May 30 slaying of 21-year-old business student Stephany Flores in his Lima hotel room.

Whole article here: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/06/19/earlyshow/saturday/main6597757.shtml

I do not have a clue why Joran would be at risk.  Joran's stature along with his  uncontrolable anger/rag implies to me that the other inmates should watch their backs.

Janet

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
EURobert
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #684 on: June 19, 2010, 10:12:38 AM »

Has this been discussed yet?

It was said that Stephany broke her neck. And that the tennis racket was used as a weapon.

Is Joran left or right handed? And where was Stephany hit in her neck: at her right side or at her left side?
In other words: did he attack her from behind or while he was facing her?
I have the feeling that he wanted to rob her and premeditated her killing. And that because of that attacked her from behind - maybe while she was playing poker or looking in his laptop.

Anybody can answer that?
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #685 on: June 19, 2010, 10:18:11 AM »

Does the Netherland have anything like our Hippa Law?  I wonder if indeed arrangements had been made for the monster to go into a treatment program?  OR....is anita lying about this and trying to law more ground work for an insanity plea? 

Please don't stone me....but at times, while reading this, I almost felt sorry for her.....but it was only momentarily.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #686 on: June 19, 2010, 10:20:07 AM »

It was said that Stephany broke her neck. And that the tennis racket was used as a weapon.

Is Joran left or right handed? And where was Stephany hit in her neck: at her right side or at her left side?
I have the feeling that he wanted to rob her and premeditated her killing. And that because of that attacked her from behind - maybe while she was playing poker or looking in his laptop.

Anybody can answer that?

IIRC there was no DNA on the tennis racquet.....I don't believe it was used in her murder.  In fact, joran has admitted strangling her and suffocating her when he realized she was not dead from the strangling.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
EURobert
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #687 on: June 19, 2010, 10:21:17 AM »

Anybody can answer that?

IIRC there was no DNA on the tennis racquet.....I don't believe it was used in her murder.  In fact, joran has admitted strangling her and suffocating her when he realized she was not dead from the strangling.

And the broken neck?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #688 on: June 19, 2010, 10:21:54 AM »

ANITA - NO MORE EXCUSES FOR THE MONSTER!

You have KNOWN, this is nothing NEW, you have known he needed help LONG BEFORE NATALEE HOLLOWAY.  You protected him, you coddled him, you were affraid of him.  It is because of this Natalee and Stephany are no longer with us. 

You have been making excuses for Joran his entire life. 

Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:56 pm   
Nativelingo posted some interresting information about Joran early this morning:

1.  Joran has/had emotional problems and is a patient of a local pediatric/juvenile psychiatrist (fact).
2.  The incident where Joran killed his dog and blamed it on someone else is fact
3.  That bullying friends and the dog issue are the least of Joran's problems (according to reliable sources)
4.  His HOBBY is Criminal Law (fact)

To explain the above posts by Nativelingo.  For whatever reason she also had reason to visit that psychiatrist office.  The front desk gal in the office is the one who gave her the info on Joran.  Joran was a patient in the same office.  This is all before any of us heard about Natalee Holloway. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #689 on: June 19, 2010, 10:24:09 AM »

Anybody can answer that?

And the broken neck?

I thought they said no blood on the racquet, not no DNA.  Hopefully when the entire report is published it will become clearer if the tennis racquet was used at all.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #690 on: June 19, 2010, 10:24:19 AM »

Anybody can answer that?

EURobert,

It was my understanding that the tennis racket had been ruled out as a weapon.  Everything Joran did to murder Stephany he did with his bare hands and his white shirt.

Anyone whose understanding is different on this, please correct me.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
OneHappyChica
Scared Monkey

« Reply #691 on: June 19, 2010, 10:24:35 AM »

Anybody can answer that?

From what I've read, the tennis racket didn't have DNA evidence and was ruled out as a weapon. Joran is right-handed (at least he plays tennis this way).

IMO, Joran had premeditated intentions; however, I'm not entirely convinced robbery was his sole motivator.
EURobert
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #692 on: June 19, 2010, 10:26:46 AM »

Thanks!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #693 on: June 19, 2010, 10:30:26 AM »

Anybody can answer that?

What if he attacked her when they first walked in the room from behind.  He hit her to make her unconscious and then did the rest.  It was said he strangeled her with his shirt.  So this means she wasn't dead when her neck was broken.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #694 on: June 19, 2010, 10:30:51 AM »

Anybody can answer that?

EURobert,

It was my understanding that the tennis racket had been ruled out as a weapon.  Everything Joran did to murder Stephany he did with his bare hands and his white shirt.

Anyone whose understanding is different on this, please correct me.

Anna, I did hear that the tennis racket showed no DNA evidence or blood, therefore, probably not used in killing her.  However, having said that, it might be that they did not put everything out on the table early on to see what he would say.  Does that make sense?

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #695 on: June 19, 2010, 10:32:17 AM »

Anybody can answer that?

And the broken neck?

It was originally reported that he may have banged her head agains tthe solid wooden bedframe.  At one point Joran said he threw her to the floor.  He also said he held her by the neck and hit her.

So I guess it is not known exactly what he did as yet.  But it is not believed that any weapon was used.  He did it all with his bare hands including beating her eyes out of the sockets.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
canoworms
Scared Monkey

« Reply #696 on: June 19, 2010, 10:36:14 AM »

hi Monkeys, Happy weekend!
Fantastic reporting and discussion as always. I log in for only an hour at this time to help the server issues.
Nothing to add or subtract from all of the angles, you are all so good at posting whatever is relevant. Interested in the Renho incident, was she the mother of the young man? Waiting to hear from Ms Levi with baited breath. Surely she will have a HUGE article on the incident noting all the guns and "extra" motorcycles, etc.

Just another day in crime free Happy Aruba!

Just a quote after reading the Telegraaf interview:   
 He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
        Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146
        German philosopher (1844 - 1900)

thanks for all you do mods and wonderful members Smile
Selena

Jo-An
Scared Monkey

« Reply #697 on: June 19, 2010, 10:37:31 AM »

Joran still has to explain this:

How do you explain the wounds in the face and several parts of the body and skull fracture noted during the autopsy?
- I do not know how these injuries were caused

I'm sure he did much more than "just" hit her in the nose and then strangling and choking her.
If her brother says he couldn't recognize her, he did more than those things.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #698 on: June 19, 2010, 10:43:48 AM »

Hi canoworms.  Happy weekend to you too!

OneHappyChica
Scared Monkey

« Reply #699 on: June 19, 2010, 10:44:50 AM »

Anybody can answer that?

What if he attacked her when they first walked in the room from behind.  He hit her to make her unconscious and then did the rest.  It was said he strangeled her with his shirt.  So this means she wasn't dead when her neck was broken.

I don't think he strangled her with his shirt. From the appearance of the shirt, blood is concentrated on the upper portion (around the collar). Had he used the shirt to strangle her, I suspect he would have used an area with greater width (lower portion of shirt) and blood would have been present. I've read the shirt was used to suffocate Stephany when Joran discovered she was still breathing.

I'm not convinced the laptop played a role in this. The laptop and Natalee message were tied to his alleged coffee run. Forensic evidence should hold the answer. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.