June 07, 2024, 09:21:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nya Miangel 23 mo. old missing-Braddock PA (BODY FOUND - Father charged)  (Read 19606 times)
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2007, 01:06:12 AM »

Quote from: "Red"
Quote from: "Ms.DarthVada"
its becoming a standard protocol,  "arrested on unrelated charges"

Rolling Eyes  Twisted Evil

Yes, the old arrested on an unrelated charge ... how much longer will it be before this guy is connected? Always seems to work that way.

Its disgusting as hell.. Hope ro hear more soon about the father.. IMO hes involved.
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2007, 08:19:20 AM »

i agree

Maine, born and raised!
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2007, 05:28:08 PM »

I am alittle confused having read both previous articles regarding toddler and then this article just found.

++++++++++++++++++++

Missing toddler's death ruled homicide

The Associated Press

BRADDOCK -- The toddler whose body was found a few blocks from her home the day after she went missing died of hypothermia, authorities said Monday.

But the death of 23-month-old Nyia Miangel Page was a homicide, the Allegheny County medical examiner said.

Dr. Karl E. Williams ruled the death a homicide because he "feels it is unlikely she got there under her own power." The little girl was barefoot and wearing only a sweater and diaper when she disappeared. The site where she was found was about a 10-minute walk from her home, a trek that would have included a trip up 17 snowy steps up to a wooded knoll.

Nyia, who was reported missing Saturday, was found at 3:13 p.m. the next day in an abandoned playground in Rankin, a Pittsburgh suburb.

Nyia's family members discovered she was missing when another child alerted them that Nyia was not in her bed around 7:30 a.m. Saturday. They searched for her in vain before calling police, according to authorities.

Police said Nyia's mother told them the girl was last seen after trying to crawl into bed with her parents about 12:30 a.m. Saturday. The mother told police she put the youngster back into her own bed in an upstairs room.

Police, emergency crews and bloodhounds searched in 20-degree temperatures throughout the day Saturday and resumed early Sunday.

Investigators gave polygraph exams to three men who were at the house Saturday -- the girl's father, grandfather and a boyfriend of her grandmother.

Police charged the girl's father, William Lorenzo Page, with sexually abusing another child. They said information about the separate incident came to light during the investigation into the girl's disappearance.

Page, 22, was charged Sunday with simple and indecent assault of a child, endangering the welfare of children and corruption of minors in connection with an unrelated incident.

http://tinyurl.com/2kfh5d

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2007, 10:25:55 AM »

Cops: Dad Beat Toddler Left in Pennsylvania Cold, Will Be Arraigned

Thursday , February 08, 2007

The father of a young girl who died of exposure had knocked her unconscious because he was angry, then took her outside in subfreezing temperatures and left her there, police said before the man's arraignment Thursday.

Nyia Miangel Page, who was about to turn 2, was found dead Sunday on a wooded knoll about a 10-minute walk from the family's home. Tiny footprints in the snow suggested she had gotten up and wandered around before she died, police said.

Her father, William Lorenzo Page, 23, of Braddock, was arrested on charges of criminal homicide, kidnapping, false reports and simple assault. He did not have an attorney in court Thursday morning, and was jailed without bond.

Page told police he woke up early Saturday and found the girl awake and playing near a mirror in the hallway, according to the criminal complaint. He said he got mad when the girl wouldn't go back to bed so he hit her so hard she hit her head and was unconscious, the complaint said.

Page then took her outside wrapped in a blanket and left her, police said.

An autopsy determined Nyia died of hypothermia, but the Allegheny County Medical Examiner ruled the death a homicide because investigators said it was unreasonable to assume the child got to the wooded location alone.

The site was about a 10-minute walk from her home, a trek that would have included climbing 17 snowy steps up to a wooded knoll.

Nyia's family reported her missing Saturday morning after another child alerted them that the toddler wasn't in her bed.

Nyia's mother told police she last saw the girl after Nyia tried to crawl into bed with her parents about 12:30 a.m. Saturday. The mother told police she put the youngster back into her own bed in an upstairs room.

Police, emergency crews and bloodhounds searched in 20-degree temperatures for most of two days before finding the little girl's body.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,250859,00.html
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2007, 11:21:37 AM »

That is just senseless.  What a terrible shame.

I can't even fathom being angry  enough at my child to beat her and put her out in the cold to die,  all because she wouldn't go to sleep.  Mad

Maine, born and raised!
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2007, 12:23:35 PM »

Braddock girl's father charged with homicide

By Michael Hasch
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, February 8, 2007

The father of the 23-month-old Braddock girl who froze to death over the weekend in an abandoned playground near her home was charged Wednesday with criminal homicide.
Allegheny County Police obtained a warrant last night charging William Lorenzo Page, 22, with criminal homicide in the death of Nyia Miangel Page.

Dr. Karl E. Williams, the Allegheny County medical examiner, has said he ruled the death a homicide because he believes it is unlikely that Nyia got from her home to the playground on her own.

"The father was charged with criminal homicide as a result of a three-day investigation by county police, Rankin police, Braddock police and the FBI," said Allegheny County Police Assistant Superintendent James Morton

He would only say William Page is accused of taking Nyia outside and leaving her there, but would not discuss a motive.

Nyia was barefoot and wearing only a sweater when her body was found about 3 p.m. Sunday along the southeastern slope of the Hawkins Village public housing project in Rankin.

A blue blanket found 50 yards from her body was from the house, but it is unclear if Nyia had it when she was left outside, Morton said.

The site where Nyia's body was found is a 10-minute walk from her First Street home in Braddock, up 17 steps and on a wooded knoll.

Nyia last was seen alive in her third-floor bedroom by several family members about 12:30 a.m. Saturday. Family members said they awoke at 7:30 a.m. and found her missing.

William Page has been in Allegheny County Jail since he was arrested over the weekend on charges of indecent assault and endangering the welfare of children after detectives, investigating Nyia's disappearance, learned of allegations that he molested a young boy.

In addition, Page was charged with simple assault and corruption of minors after the boy told police he was severely beaten with a belt.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2007, 12:28:25 PM »

Here is a photo of the creep

William Lorenzo Page, 23, of Braddock, is lead out of Allegheny County Police headquarters after being charged in connection of the death of Nyia Page with criminal homicide, kidnapping, false reports to law enforcement and simple assault Wednesday night in Point Breeze.
Jasmine Gehris/TRIBUNE-REVIEW photo  

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/cityregion/p_100811.html
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2007, 08:21:15 AM »

Dad charged in death of tot found outside
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
PITTSBURGH (Feb 9, 2007)

The father of a young girl who died of exposure had knocked her unconscious because he was angry she wouldn't go to bed, then took her outside in freezing temperatures and left her there.

Nyia Miangel Page (pictured), who was almost two, was found dead Sunday on a wooded knoll about a 10-minute walk from the family's home. Tiny footprints in the snow indicated she had got up and wandered around before she died, police said.

http://tinyurl.com/264j36

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2009, 04:29:37 PM »

Case Background
William Page is accused of sexually assaulting and then taking his 18-month-old daughter out into the freezing cold, leaving her there to die. He then called police and claimed Nyia was kidnapped from his home.

The twist to this case is during the investigation into Nyia’s disappearance it was determined that a 6-year-old male child living in the home had been allegedly sexually assaulted by William Page a few hours prior to Nyia’s reported disappearance.

The judge on the case has ruled at this point that both cases can be tried simultaneously. William Page faces the death penalty if convicted of the murder of his daughter.

Page’s trial was set to start May 5, 2008. However, on the morning of the trial date Page was granted a continuance until January 2009. His attorney claims he needs more time to work on his client’s defense.
http://theendofthestory.facesofthemissing.org/2008/05/07/pa-v-page-nyia-page-unknown-child/#more-53
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

23-month-old Nyia Miangel Page was found February 3rd clothed only in a diaper and sweater in the frozen desolation of an abandoned playground surrounded by tiny footprints that marked her final moments of isolation and despair. Her 22-year-old father, who is also facing charges of indecent assault and endangering the welfare of a child stemming from the alleged abuse of his son, has been charged with criminal homicide. William Lorenzo Page allegedly told police that he kicked the toddler in the groin causing her to bleed when she came downstairs as he was getting himself a drink of brandy. Page has said that Nyia pulled off her diaper and refused to go to sleep. He told police that he considered dropping a crying Nyia in the sewer but opted instead to walk her to the abandoned playground before returning to the warmth and comfort of his own bed.

http://www.theadvocatesagenda.com/ALLEGHENY_COUNTY.php

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2010, 02:21:46 PM »

Jurors See Autopsy Photos in Braddock Toddler Death Trial

Updated: 1:59 pm EDT March 15,2010

PITTSBURGH -- Jurors in the trial of a Braddock man accused in his daughter’s death were shown photographs taken during the toddler’s autopsy.

An Allegheny County medical examiner testified Monday that 23-month-old Nyia Page’s body was completely frozen when she was found February 2007 in a wooded area about four blocks from her Braddock home.

Jurors on Monday saw photos showing Nyia’s body covered by leaves and twigs seemingly frozen to her body.

Her father, William Page, 26, is accused of sexually abusing the child and leaving her outside in the cold to die.

Under cross-examination, the forensic pathologist said he found no evidence of physical trauma on Nyia.

On Friday, prosecutors showed jurors photos of handprints and footprints Nyia made in the snow.

Police said the child was wearing only a sweater and a diaper and that tiny footprints in the snow suggest the girl walked around before she died.

Police testified last week they also found blood-stained underwear, a Terrible Towel and a blood-stained child's shirt in the home's basement, an area which, police said, Page referred to as his dungeon.

Page could face the death penalty if convicted.
http://www.wpxi.com/news/22843955/detail.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2010, 02:22:42 PM »

Previous Stories are clickable at the link in the above post

March 12, 2010: Photos Of Dead Toddler’s Tiny Footprints Bring Jurors To Tears
March 10, 2010: Jurors Hear Mother's Frantic 911 Call In Braddock Toddler Death Trial
February 12, 2010: Judge Ruling On Death Penalty In Death Of Braddock Girl
May 5, 2008: Trial Delayed For Dad Accused In 2-Year-Old's Death
February 9, 2007: Family, Friends Gather To Remember Braddock Toddler
February 8, 2007: Father Charged With Braddock Toddler's Death
February 6, 2007: Braddock Girl's Death Ruled Homicide
February 4, 2007: Missing Braddock Toddler's Body Found

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2010, 12:42:49 PM »

Medical Emergency Delays Frozen Toddler Trial
Juror Needs Medical Attention In William Page Case

UPDATED: 12:05 pm EDT March 18, 2010

PITTSBURGH -- There was an unexpected delay on Thursday in the murder trial of William Page.

Channel 4 Action News' Bob Mayo reported medical crews were called to courthouse to help a sick juror.

Paramedics rushed to the courtroom when alternate juror No. 13 became ill with flu-like symptoms and was excused, Mayo reported.

Mayo also reported Page muttered something as he passed prosecutor Mark Tranquilli while leaving the witness stand.

Tranquilli told Page to "Keep your comments to yourself." Defense attorney Chris Patarini told Page, "Don't say anything."

Page is accused of assaulting his 23-month-old daughter and leaving her to die in the cold.

On Wednesday, Page took the stand for the first time and testified that he's innocent and said he only confessed to the crime after being pressured by police.

At one point, when testimony resumed on Thursday, Page shouted his answers at the prosecutor, Mayo reported.

Tranquilli asked the defendant about the confession he now denies.

"Where did you get so many details, Mr. Page?" Tranquilli asked.

Page answered, "I made them up."

"You just made it up and you happened to be right?" Tranquilli continued in his cross-examination.

Page replied with, "I put two and two together."

Mayo reported Page's testimony has ended and that there are no more defense witnesses scheduled.

Four prosecution rebuttal witnesses are scheduled to being testifying on Thursday afternoon.

Page, of Braddock, could face the death penalty if convicted of killing Nyia Page, whose body was found in a wooded area of Rankin in February 2007.

Judge David Cashman said Page had expressed uncertainty late Tuesday about testifying. The judge asked for his decision on Wednesday, and Page said yes, acknowledging that it would also expose him to cross-examination by prosecutors.

Page told the court that he fell asleep the night before Nyia went missing and didn't wake up until the next morning. He also said she was in her room when he went to bed and he didn't know she was gone until he was told about it the next morning.

In a recorded confession that was played for the jury earlier in the trial, Page admitted to drinking heavily on the night of his daughter's death and kicking her in frustration over the toddler repeatedly taking off her diaper before taking her outside and leaving her there.

Listen:William Page Taped Confession (Warning: Contains Some Profanity)

Defense attorney Chris Patarini has told the jury that they shouldn't believe what they hear on the recording of Page's confession because of circumstances that Page was under at the time he said those things to police.

Page testified that police pressured him for days, not letting him see a lawyer and threatening that he'd never see his children if he didn't confess.

Dr. Howard Reibbord, a forensic pathologist, was the first defense witness to take the stand. He disputed a prosecution expert's opinion that the child's autopsy photos showed visible blood evidence of a sex assault. He suggested that she may have fallen and was injured.

On Tuesday morning, the prosecution's DNA expert testified that Nyia Page's blood was found on items including underwear, a T-shirt, a bed sheet and a Terrible Towel. The expert also said both Nyia and William Page's DNA, but no blood, was found on the girl's diaper.
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/allegheny/22876729/detail.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2010, 09:17:55 AM »

Closing Arguments Set In Braddock Toddler Death Trial

http://www.wpxi.com/news/22886498/detail.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2010, 04:07:03 PM »

Jury gets case of Pa. father accused of murder

PITTSBURGH (AP) — A western Pennsylvania jury resumes deliberations Monday in the trial of a man charged with leaving his 23-month-old daughter outside to freeze to death three years ago.

http://www.cumberlink.com/articles/2010/03/20/news/state/doc4ba5266483dd5164572943.txt

suzyinpgh
Scared Monkey

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2010, 12:07:22 PM »

I hope I did this right. 

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/22888196/detail.html

PITTSBURGH -- The man accused of assaulting his 23-month-old daughter and leaving her to die in the cold has been found guilty on all but one charge.

William Page is accused of deliberately abandoning his daughter, Nyia, in a wooded area near railroad tracks, where she froze to death.

Nyia Page's body was found in Rankin in February 2007.

On Monday, the jury found Page guilty of homicide in the first degree, kidnapping, aggravated indecent assault and giving false reports to law enforcement.

The jury was hung on the issue of an additional charge of indecent assault against a 6-year-old boy, who testified during the trial
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2010, 10:11:50 PM »

I hope that this creep gets what is coming to him in prison....who could do what he did to anyone let alone an innocent little child? he is one nasty barstard! I would have worse to say about him but I have to watch my language....grrrrrr!

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2010, 09:19:41 AM »

Life Or Death? Penalty Phase Starts In Frozen Toddler Case
William Page Found Guilty Of Killing Daughter

POSTED: 8:34 am EDT March 23, 2010

PITTSBURGH -- An Allegheny County jury is set to hear evidence to determine whether a Braddock man deserves the death penalty for leaving his 23-month-old daughter outside to freeze to death after he assaulted her.

William Page, 26, was found guilty on Monday of killing Nyia Page in February of 2007. The girl's body was found near some railroad tracks in Rankin in freezing weather.

Page was convicted of homicide in the first degree, kidnapping, aggravated indecent assault and giving false reports to law enforcement.

If the jury doesn't unanimously vote for the death penalty, Page will instead get life in prison without parole.

Nyia Page's mother, Darlene Robinson, was in the courtroom for the verdict and is expected to testify Tuesday about the impact of the girl's death on the family.

The jury was hung on an additional charge of indecent assault against a 6-year-old boy who testified during the trial. Channel 4 Action News' Bob Mayo reported that the district attorney's office doesn't plan to refile that charge, to keep the boy from having to testify again.
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/22917507/detail.html

suzyinpgh
Scared Monkey

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2010, 10:32:20 AM »

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/reality-check-death-penalty-pennsylvania-most-often-results-life-sentences

Here's a little info about death penalty in PA. 
I can't remember the last time someone was put to death in Pennsylvania.  A lot of people get the death penalty, but there are so many appeals that it is really a waste of time.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2010, 02:31:46 PM »

A Braddock man will spend the rest of his life in prison for killing his young daughter.

The Allegheny County jury that earlier this week convicted William Page of first-degree murder could not unanimously agree on whether to sentence him to death. The hung jury in the penalty phase means an automatic life sentence.

Page, 26, left his 23-month-old daughter Nyia outside on a cold night in February 2007. Her frozen body was found the next morning.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/pittsburgh/s_673362.html

Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.