March 28, 2024, 06:32:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #56 9/30/10 - 12/17/10  (Read 262655 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #140 on: October 16, 2010, 08:39:11 PM »

Here's the link for Monken's latest cake creations    :

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4894.msg1248281#msg1248281

There's a whole bunch of 'em!  Sweet!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #141 on: October 16, 2010, 09:33:46 PM »

I'm preparing for Christmas.  an angelic monkey  Ordered this stocking engraved with her name.  Got it yesterday and it's really nice, high quality.  If you want a personalized stocking I recommend these over Lands End and Lands End is pretty nice.

http://www.merrystockings.com/babys-first-christmas-stocking-girl.html

Oh Look, Bearly!!  Klaas got her one with your picture on it!   

I love it, Klaas!! What are you going to fill it with? Nanners?   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #142 on: October 16, 2010, 09:35:30 PM »

Here's the link for Monken's latest cake creations    :

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4894.msg1248281#msg1248281

There's a whole bunch of 'em!  Sweet!   

Thanks, Muffy!   

Monken, you've just outdone yourself! The cakes are gorgeous and make me hungry!! YUM!! You're a VERY talented monkey!!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #143 on: October 16, 2010, 09:43:46 PM »

I'm preparing for Christmas.  an angelic monkey  Ordered this stocking engraved with her name.  Got it yesterday and it's really nice, high quality.  If you want a personalized stocking I recommend these over Lands End and Lands End is pretty nice.

That is really cure, Klaas!   

What is she going to wear on the other foot?   

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #144 on: October 16, 2010, 09:54:22 PM »

I've just recently discovered this recipe and wanted to share it. I saw Alton Brown's episode on cooking with Oats, and this one sounded great and easy. Oats are so good for you, too and I liked the idea of waking up and having breakfast cooked! I tried it and it was the best oatmeal I've ever eaten. I looked it up on the internet and noticed in the reviews that some folks had a problem because of the differences in heat of various crockpots, but if you make it, I'm sure you'd figure out any adjustments in cooking time or temperatures that suits your crock pot. I didn't have figs, so I used raisins, and I increased the 1/2 and 1/2 a little when I made it the second time for a consistency that I like better. I have it down pat now, and I make it once a week and put it in individual tupperware containers and microwave one every morning. Here's the recipe link, if you want to read the reviews:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/overnight-oatmeal-recipe/index.html

Overnight OatmealRecipe courtesy Alton Brown

Prep Time: 10 min Inactive Prep Time: -- Cook Time: 9 hr 0 min Level:

Easy Serves:
4 servings Ingredients
1 cup steel cut oats
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup dried figs
4 cups water
1/2 cup half-and-half
Directions

In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients and set to low heat. Cover and let cook for 8 to 9 hours.

Stir and remove to serving bowls. This method works best if started before you go to bed. This way your oatmeal will be finished by morning.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #145 on: October 16, 2010, 09:57:14 PM »

C-U-R-E ???    Got excited that your picture was on it, didn't you Bearly!   Monkey Devil!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #146 on: October 16, 2010, 10:00:25 PM »

Oh Look, Bearly!!  Klaas got her one with your picture on it!   

I love it, Klaas!! What are you going to fill it with? Nanners?   

Nice picture, Klaas!

I believe in miracles!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #147 on: October 16, 2010, 10:01:00 PM »

CBB..thanks for the recipe for the oatmeal..I love oatmeal..a friend of mine told me about doing this with the steel cut oats but I never did it..and I never thought about saving it in a batch and heating it up when wanted..I will try it..
I love oatmeal with brown sugar and raisins..could eat it every day!

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #148 on: October 16, 2010, 10:25:36 PM »

I've just recently discovered this recipe and wanted to share it. I saw Alton Brown's episode on cooking with Oats, and this one sounded great and easy. Oats are so good for you, too and I liked the idea of waking up and having breakfast cooked! I tried it and it was the best oatmeal I've ever eaten. I looked it up on the internet and noticed in the reviews that some folks had a problem because of the differences in heat of various crockpots, but if you make it, I'm sure you'd figure out any adjustments in cooking time or temperatures that suits your crock pot. I didn't have figs, so I used raisins, and I increased the 1/2 and 1/2 a little when I made it the second time for a consistency that I like better. I have it down pat now, and I make it once a week and put it in individual tupperware containers and microwave one every morning. Here's the recipe link, if you want to read the reviews:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/overnight-oatmeal-recipe/index.html

Easy Serves:
4 servings Ingredients
1 cup steel cut oats
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup dried figs
4 cups water
1/2 cup half-and-half
Directions

In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients and set to low heat. Cover and let cook for 8 to 9 hours.

Stir and remove to serving bowls. This method works best if started before you go to bed. This way your oatmeal will be finished by morning.

I am packing my bags, Darlin'.  I am moving in with you!

Love you, my friend!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #149 on: October 16, 2010, 10:27:16 PM »

C-U-R-E ???    Got excited that your picture was on it, didn't you Bearly!   Monkey Devil!

Yes, it did!

It's the cure for anyone who is feeling blue!  It is cute, too!

I believe in miracles!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #150 on: October 17, 2010, 06:16:29 AM »

CBB..thanks for the recipe for the oatmeal..I love oatmeal..a friend of mine told me about doing this with the steel cut oats but I never did it..and I never thought about saving it in a batch and heating it up when wanted..I will try it..
I love oatmeal with brown sugar and raisins..could eat it every day!

You're welcome, Cookie! One of the resons I posted the link is because I read the reviews before I tried it, and it sort of tipped me off about the differences in slow cookers, so I'd suggest trying it during the day first. Mine is perfect in 7 hrs on low with a little less dried fruit and a little more milk. Apparently there was a change in standard temps with slow cookers several years ago, and they cook hotter now. The reviews seem to indicate that the posted recipe is best suited to the older ones. Hope you like it! It really is the best oatmeal I've ever eaten!
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #151 on: October 17, 2010, 09:51:49 AM »

Is there a puter wiz here that can meet me in another forum tonight and help me?
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8694.msg1248630#msg1248630

melisb maybe ask here and see what happens, and did you mean another thread
and not forum

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #152 on: October 17, 2010, 10:30:29 AM »

About the oatmeal recipe... I don't want to sound dumb, but... what is "steel cut" oatmeal?

I'm wondering if it's putting it in the food processor and making thin, like close to flour.

My mom always did that, and that's the way I've always done oatmeal.

Food processed oatmeal turns out creamy, cooks fast, and it makes a heck of an "orchata".

I have never liked the huge flakes that regular oatmeal has - not even in cookies.

I'll take that recipe. I like trying new things, if someone recommends them.

I got dates from last Christmas in the fridge, so I'm good. I bought a huge tub of them, and I have only used them twice for carrot cake (adding it along with raisins and carrots.)

Very Happy
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #153 on: October 17, 2010, 10:53:39 AM »

About the oatmeal recipe... I don't want to sound dumb, but... what is "steel cut" oatmeal?

I'm wondering if it's putting it in the food processor and making thin, like close to flour.

Food processed oatmeal turns out creamy, cooks fast, and it makes a heck of an "orchata".

I have never liked the huge flakes that regular oatmeal has - not even in cookies.

I got dates from last Christmas in the fridge, so I'm good. I bought a huge tub of them, and I have only used them twice for carrot cake (adding it along with raisins and carrots.)

Very Happy

Itaryl Moosee you don't sound dumb I had to look them up Here is a link to explain what they are. They cut them with steel blades rather than the rolled oats which are the regular ones you get at all grocery stores.
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-steel-cut-oats.htm

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #154 on: October 17, 2010, 10:54:55 AM »

Easy Serves:
4 servings Ingredients
1 cup steel cut oats
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup dried figs
4 cups water
1/2 cup half-and-half
Directions

Thanks CBB I love oat meal. Will give it a try. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #155 on: October 17, 2010, 01:29:10 PM »

Very Happy

Itaryl Moosee you don't sound dumb I had to look them up Here is a link to explain what they are. They cut them with steel blades rather than the rolled oats which are the regular ones you get at all grocery stores.

Thank you, Green Eyes.

I'll try the recipe using the regular oatmeal, see how it comes out.

Very Happy

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #156 on: October 17, 2010, 02:02:54 PM »

I wondered if regular oatmeal would work? steel cut oats are a bit hardier I think? takes longer to cook as I recall...but I could be mistaken..if using regular oatmeal, wonder if you would really have to adjust the cooking? I will try it ...

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #157 on: October 17, 2010, 04:40:54 PM »

Very Happy

You are a very lucky woman, I can't remember the last time I had a date.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #158 on: October 17, 2010, 04:47:58 PM »

Very Happy

Thanks,cutie!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #159 on: October 17, 2010, 04:51:32 PM »

I wondered if regular oatmeal would work? steel cut oats are a bit hardier I think? takes longer to cook as I recall...but I could be mistaken..if using regular oatmeal, wonder if you would really have to adjust the cooking? I will try it ...

I'll be waiting to hear your results.

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.