April 25, 2024, 02:24:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #56 9/30/10 - 12/17/10  (Read 263702 times)
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #300 on: October 26, 2010, 04:48:31 PM »

Sweet baby!   an angelic monkey

Monken?I hope you are staying safe in this weather.   

Hey Trimm! I just came on here to check on you!! North Al is catching He!! right now! Please stay safe! I hate this stupid weather!  RollTide! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
crazybabyborg
« Reply #301 on: October 27, 2010, 11:52:04 AM »

OK, this is ridiculous! Klaas? I dreamt about YOUR Grandbaby last night!! She was in a carrier on a dining room table and just so, so happy! She was kicking her little legs and making those wonderful baby noises.

(Don't get scared, Klaas. It wasn't MY dining room table.)   
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #302 on: October 27, 2010, 12:50:10 PM »

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

Adorable!!!  Hope she always can wear those horizontal stripes!   

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #303 on: October 27, 2010, 01:15:24 PM »

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

Adorable!!!  Hope she always can wear those horizontal stripes!   

She has gorgeous eyes!

Those cutesy outfits will bring on the smiles while sharing family pictures fifteen years from now.

Heh!

God Bless her.

Very Happy
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #304 on: October 27, 2010, 02:00:16 PM »

I wonder if Klaas and the moderators have a limit on the number of posts edited, moved, or deleted.

I myself have required assistance twice (maybe three times) this past week, so if there is a limit... I'm there.

I apologize for the inconvenience, and promise to be more careful in the future. My problem is that I open three or four windows (threads) at a time and sometimes (lately) I get a brain hiccup, and end up posting to the wrong thread.

I do have to say that the moderators are mighty alert and fast in assisting, which may not be good news for the troublemakers.

Very Happy
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #305 on: October 27, 2010, 02:41:46 PM »

I wonder if Klaas and the moderators have a limit on the number of posts edited, moved, or deleted.

I myself have required assistance twice (maybe three times) this past week, so if there is a limit... I'm there.

I apologize for the inconvenience, and promise to be more careful in the future. My problem is that I open three or four windows (threads) at a time and sometimes (lately) I get a brain hiccup, and end up posting to the wrong thread.

I do have to say that the moderators are mighty alert and fast in assisting, which may not be good news for the troublemakers.

Very Happy

« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 02:43:37 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #306 on: October 27, 2010, 05:08:34 PM »

New species of monkey discovered in Northern Myanmar

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/105873798.html

A new species of monkey, Rhinopithecus strykeri, was discovered in Northern Myanmar by an international team of primatologists from the group Fauna & Flora International.

A species of snub-nosed monkey, Rhinopithecus strykeri has an upturned nose and sneezes when it rains. Sightings of the new monkey were reported from the eastern Himalayas to northeastern Kachin state. The discovery is detailed in the American Journal of Primatology.

The monkey was described as having a long tail and mostly blackish fur with white fur only on ear tufts, chin beard and perineal area.

In local dialect the monkey is called "mey nwoah" or "monkey with an upturned face."

An image reconstructed by Photoshop, based on a Yunnan snub-nosed monkey and the carcass of the newly discovered species, is also available. This image should be credited to Dr. Thomas Geissmann. Credit: Dr. Thomas Geissmann

http://www.redorbit.com/modules/imglib/download.php?Url=/modules/news/upload/0d28c6b47cbdd193e5fb9301cb3481bb.jpg
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 05:22:21 PM by 2NJSons_Mom » Logged

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
Nana29
Monkey Junky

« Reply #307 on: October 27, 2010, 05:11:37 PM »

A new species of monkey, Rhinopithecus strykeri, was discovered in Northern Myanmar by an international team of primatologists from the group Fauna & Flora International.

A species of snub-nosed monkey, Rhinopithecus strykeri has an upturned nose and sneezes when it rains. Sightings of the new monkey were reported from the eastern Himalayas to northeastern Kachin state. The discovery is detailed in the American Journal of Primatology.

The monkey was described as having a long tail and mostly blackish fur with white fur only on ear tufts, chin beard and perineal area.

In local dialect the monkey is called "mey nwoah" or "monkey with an upturned face."

An image reconstructed by Photoshop, based on a Yunnan snub-nosed monkey and the carcass of the newly discovered species, is also available. This image should be credited to Dr. Thomas Geissmann. Credit: Dr. Thomas Geissmann

http://www.redorbit.com/modules/imglib/download.php?Url=/modules/news/upload/0d28c6b47cbdd193e5fb9301cb3481bb.jpg

I can't show the picture...not amongst my talents!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 05:23:24 PM by 2NJSons_Mom » Logged

Nana29
Monkey Junky

« Reply #308 on: October 27, 2010, 05:12:07 PM »

...so I put it on my profile!  hehe

I added the picture to your posts.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 05:24:33 PM by 2NJSons_Mom » Logged

Nana29
Monkey Junky

« Reply #309 on: October 27, 2010, 06:03:08 PM »

Awesome!     Thanks!

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #310 on: October 27, 2010, 06:56:39 PM »

Awesome!     Thanks!

You're welcome.  There are instructions on how-to insert pictures around here somewhere.  What I did was:

Right click on the photo and then click on Properties.

Copy the photo URL.

Paste it to the appropriate place in your post while in Reply mode.  Highlight the url and then click on the Image icon (2nd from left on bottom row).  Preview to make sure it's okay and then Post.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #311 on: October 27, 2010, 07:19:05 PM »

Hi Monkey's and guest,

Have a safe and Happy Halloween.

Keep a Halloween Costume Safe by Lighting it up

If the costume is too dark and you're concerned it will not be seen, remember reflective tape or think about adding lights to avoid tragedy on what is supposed to be a fun night.

sewing.guide@about.com  sewing guide by Debbie Colgrove (not me) LOL.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
crazybabyborg
« Reply #312 on: October 28, 2010, 05:57:17 AM »

I can't show the picture...not amongst my talents!

OMG!!! That's the cutest monkey I've ever seen!!!   
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #313 on: October 28, 2010, 10:19:36 AM »

Speaking of Bob Evans mashed potatoes, I have this recipe in my oven right now - it looks yummy and I hope it is!

Quick Reuben Casserole By: Bob EvansŪ 

Ingredients
1 (24 ounce) package Bob EvansŪ Mashed Potatoes
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1/3 pound thickly sliced corned beef cut into 1/2 inch pieces (available at grocery deli)
1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained
1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided

Directions
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In large bowl, stir together potatoes, eggs and milk until well combined. Stir in corned beef, sauerkraut and mustard. Set aside 2 tbsp. of cheese. Stir in remaining cheese into potato mixture. Pour into a greased 8x8 inch oval baking pan. Top with 2 tbsp. cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes or until top is golden.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Quick-Reuben-Casserole/Detail.aspx

this sounds delish!  I am printing it as we speak!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #314 on: October 28, 2010, 11:38:26 AM »

The ape looks photoshoped. But, he's cute, though. It has a Michael Jackson nose.

Very Happy

Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #315 on: October 28, 2010, 05:48:02 PM »

The ape looks photoshoped. But, he's cute, though. It has a Michael Jackson nose.

Very Happy

Found the article.

The animal found was butchered for food by the natives, but it seems that whoever released the monkey picture got a picture of the dead snub-nosed monkey, and stuck its head on the body of a live monkey.

I imagine the person added color to its face, because the monkey on the first picture looks rosy-cheeked and pouty-lipped.

Warning: I edited monkey's body (erased private parts which are VERY prominent in the National Georgraphic picture).

Image:

Article:
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/10/101027-snub-nosed-monkey-sneezes-new-species-science-discovered-eaten/
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #316 on: October 29, 2010, 10:27:03 AM »

Hi Monkey's,

This is for sewing monkey's  ("Debbie" is not me:)

http://sewing.about.com/b/2010/10/25/bags-grocery-trick-or-treat-or.htm?nl=1
Debbie's Sewing Blog
By Debbie Colgrove, Sewing Guide
My Bio My Blog My Forum RSSBags- Grocery, Trick-or-Treat or...

RefuseReduceReuseRecycle
Eliminate disposable plastic bags by using our cool recyclable totes
www.4rplanetbag.com

Reusable Bags for Guys
Great reusable bags for men and fashion-forward omen.
www.leGreenBags.com
Does it matter what you bring

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #317 on: October 29, 2010, 10:51:02 AM »

Hi Monkey's,

This is for sewing monkey's  ("Debbie" is not me:)

http://sewing.about.com/b/2010/10/25/bags-grocery-trick-or-treat-or.htm?nl=1
Debbie's Sewing Blog
By Debbie Colgrove, Sewing Guide
My Bio My Blog My Forum RSSBags- Grocery, Trick-or-Treat or...

RefuseReduceReuseRecycle
Eliminate disposable plastic bags by using our cool recyclable totes
www.4rplanetbag.com

Reusable Bags for Guys
Great reusable bags for men and fashion-forward omen.
www.leGreenBags.com
Does it matter what you bring

Thanks for the links... checking them out.

I started using recyclable bags within the last six months. I First bought two huge ones from Sam's Club (to get a feel for non-disposable bags). They were big and sturdy, and plastic (easy to wipe clean,) and looked nice.

But, I soon lost them to my daughter, who found better uses for them: a beach bag, and a bag in which to carry her laptop bag (so the laptop bag doesn't get dirty.)

I went to buy a second set, but they were not selling the big plastic ones anymore, they switched to this material that looks like burlap but it's more like felt. But, I needed them so I got four.

Within three uses they all smelled like rotten mold.

They were black, so I couldn't wipe or wash them with Clorox. I washed them with soap and put them out to dry, but they were smelly again within a use or two, so I have sworn off them because in order to have hygienic ones, I would have to buy a new bag to replace the other after each use... which is not cheap, these bags are about $3 each.

So, I decided to be one of those evil hunchpeople who pollute the environment with plastic shopping bags, but it's not that I didn't try.

Sad
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #318 on: October 30, 2010, 01:58:05 PM »

That is really strange. What would cause them to smell? I have one large insulated bag and 5 smaller regular bags. The insulated bag is lined with plastic and the smaller ones have a removable hard plastic bottum. I guess they could be washed, but haven't had to in the year that I have had them. Haven't noticed any smell.
The only problem I had was forgetting them when I went to the store. Now I unload the groceries and put the bags right back into the car.

2 4 1
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #319 on: October 30, 2010, 04:16:55 PM »

That is really strange. What would cause them to smell? I have one large insulated bag and 5 smaller regular bags. The insulated bag is lined with plastic and the smaller ones have a removable hard plastic bottum. I guess they could be washed, but haven't had to in the year that I have had them. Haven't noticed any smell.
The only problem I had was forgetting them when I went to the store. Now I unload the groceries and put the bags right back into the car.

The store brand ones I purchased broke (handles broke) or the little tab that you put over the metal bag holder thing when you are bagging your own breaks.  I found it was taking me too long to use the reusable bags, they didn't slip on or stay opened up nicely at the self check area.  I am all about speed and that's why I do the self checkout to begin with.  Also when I do self check I use about 1/2 the plastic bags they would because I fill each one up fuller.  That said, I am going to try again with new bags and see if I can get my speed up.  For me it's all about speed (sorry can't help myself    )
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.