March 29, 2024, 09:35:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #56 9/30/10 - 12/17/10  (Read 262673 times)
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #320 on: October 30, 2010, 06:29:50 PM »

I wondered about the smell too. I think I got it neared down to: oozing grocery, putting bags on dirty surfaces, bag baggers who got contaminated hands, humidity, unknown.

The cat getting into them when I'm not looking also can be a contributor.

Wink

Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #321 on: October 30, 2010, 07:12:11 PM »

I be darned!

It's 6:10pm right now, and I haven't got a kid trick or tricking yet. In years past by this time I would've been half down the candy basket.

The city decided to celebrate Halloween today, not tomorrow, but apparently the people want to do otherwise... celebrate tomorrow.

What a drag!

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #322 on: October 30, 2010, 09:15:12 PM »

I wish ours was tonight, it would make more sense, than having it on what is really a school night. I don't live in the city, and we don't have that many. Just a few neighbors.

2 4 1
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #323 on: October 30, 2010, 09:29:37 PM »

I be darned!

It's 6:10pm right now, and I haven't got a kid trick or tricking yet. In years past by this time I would've been half down the candy basket.

The city decided to celebrate Halloween today, not tomorrow, but apparently the people want to do otherwise... celebrate tomorrow.

What a drag!

bet you will have some trick or treaters tomorrow night...

crazybabyborg
« Reply #324 on: October 31, 2010, 10:24:28 AM »

I got ambushed last night!!   

My Granny used to love Halloween! She just loved handing out the candy and always kept a writing tablet next to the front door so she could count "goblins". Back then, it wasn't unusual for us to have 150-200 kids. They came from all over, not just the neighborhood. She lived with us in the same house my son lives now, and I agreed to hand out candy there so he and his wife-to-be could go out. The usual crowd there now is around 50 - 60 and I had bought plenty of candy; I THOUGHT!

Honestly, I was just getting a little concerned about the rate the bowl was going down, when the doorbell rang again. I opened the door to 8 goblins, with 4 more coming up through the yard. By the time the first 8 were treated, a whole van load of kids were let out in front of the house and they were running toward me!  Just as I was finishing with the cutest little cowboy I have EVER seen (he just had to show me his "Sith Shooter"), another gaggle of goblins rounded the corner from the driveway! 

There's always one or two kids that sticks with you, and for me, the little cowboy (maybe 3 yrs old?) met his match with a little princess in a Snow White costume of about the same age. I told her that I just adored her outfit, and asked her if she could tell me who she was dressed as. She just stood there, arms outstretched, holding her bag open, and shook her head "Yes".  So, I held out the bowl to her and said, "Well, that deserves a treat...... what candy would you like best? She looked carefully and said, "Buddewfingews!" So I put a handful of Butterfingers in her bag, and off she ran....... AND just as she crossed the sidewalk, and without turning around, she yelled, "I'M A PRINCESS!!"   

A neighbor, who had a hubby to cover while she made a mad dash for more candy, picked up some for me too, so I made it without running out. I turned out the lights at 9:00 sharp or I would have been out, and there were still kids and cars everywhere! I lost count when rushed, but I think I served 164 Trick or Treaters this year. Go figure! Next year, I'll buy more......

Hope everyone had a Great Pumpkin Night, and if it doesn't happen for you until today, BUY MORE CANDY!!   
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #325 on: October 31, 2010, 12:04:59 PM »

Hi Monkey's,

This is for sewing monkey's   ("Debbie" is not me:)

http://sewing.about.com/b/2010/10/25/bags-grocery-trick-or-treat-or.htm?nl=1
Debbie's Sewing Blog
By Debbie Colgrove, Sewing Guide
My Bio My Blog My Forum RSSBags- Grocery, Trick-or-Treat or...

RefuseReduceReuseRecycle
Eliminate disposable plastic bags by using our cool recyclable totes
www.4rplanetbag.com

Reusable Bags for Guys
Great reusable bags for men and fashion-forward omen.
www.leGreenBags.com
Does it matter what you bring

Thanks for the links... checking them out.

I started using recyclable bags within the last six months. I First bought two huge ones from Sam's Club (to get a feel for non-disposable bags). They were big and sturdy, and plastic (easy to wipe clean,) and looked nice.

But, I soon lost them to my daughter, who found better uses for them: a beach bag, and a bag in which to carry her laptop bag (so the laptop bag doesn't get dirty.)

I went to buy a second set, but they were not selling the big plastic ones anymore, they switched to this material that looks like burlap but it's more like felt. But, I needed them so I got four.

Within three uses they all smelled like rotten mold.

They were black, so I couldn't wipe or wash them with Clorox. I washed them with soap and put them out to dry, but they were smelly again within a use or two, so I have sworn off them because in order to have hygienic ones, I would have to buy a new bag to replace the other after each use... which is not cheap, these bags are about $3 each.

So, I decided to be one of those evil hunchpeople who pollute the environment with plastic shopping bags, but it's not that I didn't try.

Sad
  (Edit to add missing quote bracket.  MuffyBee)

Itaryl Moosee Happy Halloween!

LOL I read your post about Halloween, yesterday, LOL, I kept saying to myself, Did I miss Halloween?  Then I read the date (Oct.30) and it sort of made sense...hysterically funny, changing Halloween:) Did you eat all the candy?  I ate two bags of
Nestles "fun size" bars and one bag of "fun size" Junior Mints.

A IGA grocery store sells "insulated grocery bag totes" really nice, good for summer or anytime. The outside is canvas and inside the tote is silver insulated quilting, very impressive.

I keep double bags in the car, (paper in plastic). I bag everything from the shopping cart, before, I place the groceries in the
car.  

Happy Halloween, I hope you get a lot of Princesses, Star Wars little guys,  

« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 12:17:00 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #326 on: October 31, 2010, 01:25:11 PM »

Sorry, MuffyBee, The bracket got lost in the sauce. I will take note, Thank-you.

May I ask, remember the flying Hornet or was it a Wasp?  You used it once,  where did you find that big  insect,please?  I looked for it on the list - no hugh flying bug.  I can't believe the things I am interested in! 

Thank-you

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #327 on: October 31, 2010, 01:35:13 PM »

LOL I read your post about Halloween, yesterday, LOL, I kept saying to myself, Did I miss Halloween?  Then I read the date (Oct.30) and it sort of made sense...hysterically funny, changing Halloween:) Did you eat all the candy?  I ate two bags of

A IGA grocery store sells "insulated grocery bag totes" really nice, good for summer or anytime. The outside is canvas and inside the tote is silver insulated quilting, very impressive.

I keep double bags in the car, (paper in plastic). I bag everything from the shopping cart, before, I place the groceries in the
car. 

There was some debate in the city whether to celebrate it Saturday or Sunday, with Sunday being a church day and school night, so the city voted to celebrate on Saturday.

But, I think the kids are being smart... going to city/businesses/church parties last night and going house to house tonight... double dipping.

At least I hope so. If that is not the case, I'm going to be stuffing my face with "sun sizes" too, until next Easter.

Just when I was considering going on a diet.

Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #328 on: October 31, 2010, 02:39:19 PM »

LOL I read your post about Halloween, yesterday, LOL, I kept saying to myself, Did I miss Halloween?  Then I read the date (Oct.30) and it sort of made sense...hysterically funny, changing Halloween:) Did you eat all the candy?  I ate two bags of

car. 

There was some debate in the city whether to celebrate it Saturday or Sunday, with Sunday being a church day and school night, so the city voted to celebrate on Saturday.

But, I think the kids are being smart... going to city/businesses/church parties last night and going house to house tonight... double dipping.

At least I hope so. If that is not the case, I'm going to be stuffing my face with "sun sizes" too, until next Easter.

Just when I was considering going on a diet.

Well, I think after buying all the candy I have bought the last few days...Hey! Where did it go? lol
I have been dipping already, better go get more!  Who needs a diet IT? They are no fun!

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #329 on: October 31, 2010, 06:23:04 PM »

CBB, if you see this, I have a question for you.  I am in the area this week and will be going to the courthouses to do genealogy research.  I have no problem with Jefferson Co, Green Co, Grainger Co., but Washington Co. doesn't make sense to me.  Says the old courthouse houses part of the records but Johnson City houses the other part of the records (marriages, deeds, wills etc.).  Does that sound right to you?  Is it hard to get around Johnson City?  I am trying to put together a map to see how many I can hit in one or two days (hubby will pass out when he sees what I have in store for him starting tomorrow).  Thanks.  Any direction would be appreciated.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
crazybabyborg
« Reply #330 on: October 31, 2010, 10:49:11 PM »

CBB, if you see this, I have a question for you.  I am in the area this week and will be going to the courthouses to do genealogy research.  I have no problem with Jefferson Co, Green Co, Grainger Co., but Washington Co. doesn't make sense to me.  Says the old courthouse houses part of the records but Johnson City houses the other part of the records (marriages, deeds, wills etc.).  Does that sound right to you?  Is it hard to get around Johnson City?  I am trying to put together a map to see how many I can hit in one or two days (hubby will pass out when he sees what I have in store for him starting tomorrow).  Thanks.  Any direction would be appreciated.

Hi Blue Moon! 

My guess is that since Jonesborough is zoned a Historic District, that they couldn't enlarge the courthouse to accomodate all the records. Johnson City isn't hard to navigate, and if you would be going to the courthouse there, it's in a relatively low traffic area, downtown. Do you have a Garmin or such? Some of the streets are one way in the downtown area and that's the only thing I can think of that might be a little confusing, but it's no big deal and easy to find. Johnson City is about the size of Kingsport, but has a better by-pass where a lot of business growth has occurred. It's drawn away a lot of traffic from the area you'll be going to. If you go to Jonesborough first, you'll be going by the University and Medical School, but it's pretty much a straight shot. If you take I26 from Kingsport to Johnson City, you'll just take the downtown exit. Either way, it's easy.

I hope this helps, Blue Moon! Enjoy the rummaging! Oh! I'm sure you've eaten in Jonesborough, so I won't make a suggestion, but if you end up in Johnson City at lunchtime, Firehouse BarBQ is close by and it's good! 
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #331 on: November 01, 2010, 08:33:54 AM »

Hi Blue Moon! 

My guess is that since Jonesborough is zoned a Historic District, that they couldn't enlarge the courthouse to accomodate all the records. Johnson City isn't hard to navigate, and if you would be going to the courthouse there, it's in a relatively low traffic area, downtown. Do you have a Garmin or such? Some of the streets are one way in the downtown area and that's the only thing I can think of that might be a little confusing, but it's no big deal and easy to find. Johnson City is about the size of Kingsport, but has a better by-pass where a lot of business growth has occurred. It's drawn away a lot of traffic from the area you'll be going to. If you go to Jonesborough first, you'll be going by the University and Medical School, but it's pretty much a straight shot. If you take I26 from Kingsport to Johnson City, you'll just take the downtown exit. Either way, it's easy.

I hope this helps, Blue Moon! Enjoy the rummaging! Oh! I'm sure you've eaten in Jonesborough, so I won't make a suggestion, but if you end up in Johnson City at lunchtime, Firehouse BarBQ is close by and it's good! 

Thanks CBB.  Makes sense about Jonesborough court house being in Historic district.  I have my map ready.  First is Dandridge courthouse (I love the quaintness of Dandridge).  Next is Greene Co (Greenville) and then on to Grainger Co.  All of this in one day.  Next day is on to Jonesborough.  They should be able to direct me to what I need in Johnson City. Will keep Firehouse BBQ in mind (although Jonesborough has a LOT of good places to eat also).  The weather is great and I just broke my plan to my hubby.  He didn't pass out.  He is a good sport.  Told me to direct him and we will get there.  He is a keeper.        I still say you live in God's country.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #332 on: November 01, 2010, 02:02:05 PM »

Just want everyone to see the newest fad in nail art. I guess it would be a good excuse not to do dishes or anything, as I'm sure it is expensive.

2 4 1
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #333 on: November 01, 2010, 03:43:18 PM »

Just want everyone to see the newest fad in nail art. I guess it would be a good excuse not to do dishes or anything, as I'm sure it is expensive.

Those are so cute...

... how can one scratch the butte when it's itching?

Monkey Devil!

Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #334 on: November 01, 2010, 03:49:00 PM »

Those are so cute...

Monkey Devil!

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Moosee, you're killin' me! I needed the laugh!  I do believe that they are more than likely not intended for butt scratchin' tho'...lol. Even nose picking would be ,      ouch!

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #335 on: November 01, 2010, 10:30:56 PM »

Those are so cute...

Monkey Devil!

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Moosee, you're killin' me! I needed the laugh!  I do believe that they are more than likely not intended for butt scratchin' tho'...lol. Even nose picking would be ,      ouch!

You two are too funny. I guess if anyone can afford these they can afford to hire someone to scratch their butt or pick their nose. 

2 4 1
crazybabyborg
« Reply #336 on: November 01, 2010, 10:39:21 PM »

Butt, Nose; Either way, those suckers better be water proof, 'cause I'd be washing them!!! 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #337 on: November 01, 2010, 11:22:52 PM »

an angelic monkey

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #338 on: November 02, 2010, 04:19:57 AM »

an angelic monkey

What a cutie pie she is.  Look at that sweet little rosebud mouth.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #339 on: November 02, 2010, 04:41:29 AM »

an angelic monkey

What a cutie pie she is.  Look at that sweet little rosebud mouth.  an angelic monkey

O MY ~ I see a future of some " fabulous" priceless photo's heading Klaas's way - thankfully camera's today are studio quality - and can take digital photo's = be blown up - for a few dollars -to be framed. 
Rather than Hundreds of dollars for " posed photos/ not so great " taken in a studio ... Omgoodness what an incredibly gorgeous child ...  Klaas " get ready" .. 
Love to you and your family

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.