April 18, 2024, 10:00:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #56 9/30/10 - 12/17/10  (Read 263514 times)
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #340 on: November 02, 2010, 05:56:41 AM »

I am not ready for November, not yet.

I am still stuck on CBB and her comment that she was Ambushed on Halloween 

That made me laugh, I do have recall of being ambushed before, handing out Candy and running out - when you had enough for a small elementary school, and the kids just kept coming...
..Then you start digging in the pantry for " granola bars" or your purse for quarters.. apples in the fridge ..

LOL .. oh I just snorted. O.M.G.  Kids today would take anything .. I remember being very peeved as a kid when someone gave me - a nickle. Or I was forced to carry a donation box - that was very then, in the 70's. To carry a Unicef Box, a child being 6, 7, 8 yrs old - Please donate to my Unicef box - Um takes the fun out a bit, from Halloween. Arggh. Roah.
When I was given pennies/nickles or an Apple, I was like " Are you kidding me"  I never ate half or near what I was able to receive..  when I was able to drop my goods to my parents on the living room floor - My Mother would be the first in line ( Yes) to take her pickings .. not kidding. I missed many Halloweens ( It seemed that Oct was my sick month/why I don't have a clue/ I would never be sick any other month) 
I would sit on the floor with my brother - my Mom on her knees .. going through out our candy load "pillow cases".. Her checking for razor blades what have you primary ..and then her Grabbing her goodies ..
We always knew - MOM gets all the Milky Ways and anything of Good N Plenty - Anything of black licorice. Was hers.
My yums were Juicy fruits " yellow box"  or red licorice and GUM. Gum though had to be Bazooka or Double Bubble. My only other favorite was Charm's sweet/sour suckers - everything else was ..take it away .. me no likey. Never have I been a chocolate fan.  The only chocolate bar that I liked was never in Halloween Candy and that was a Heath bar/or Hershey's Dark.

When I was to take my Daughter out for Trick or treating " it was prepared for 2 weeks+ in advance the costumes"- Oh I would go all out on her costumes/ her hair/her makeup- was always planned out. I always dressed up with her. Was so much fun. We would get crazy with the costumes.. go out to the houses and trick or treat .. It was about the " Journey" About the costume - about the celebration .. the Candy was just an add. I would take all her Candy and put it into this large yellow bowl. I would keep it on top of the Fridge for the first few days.. because I knew she would eat it like crazy,  "because it would call her " and she never begged or wanted it, was not a punishment. She is not a sugar kid. After the first few days ..it was left behind. Not even a thought. Then would come December ..and I would pitch the entire bowl.. sad but true. If anyone has ever paid attention to the " smell" of Candy left in a bowl after Halloween " all scents" together ..its EWE..  Worse than a fake candle with synthetic " aroma" .. its always the same smell. I could smell it at my local drug stores near this last week ..since they have had Halloween Candy on the shelves since " late Aug/ early/ Sept".  .. Now all the stores are in full Christmas .. skipped Thanksgiving.. its no longer..its on 75% off right now. Anything FALL is on Clearance.

Its all Evergreens/Christmas lights and Christmas candles  -

And I have to VOTE Today - for my New Governor and State Proposals - Seats etc 

Wow, If only people were given this much,  "Political Marketing in August" - " SEE this, Its Everywhere" Read this, Its Important" Here is " In your Face"  "Pay attention to " The Proposals are coming in NOV- giving us months of break down .. prior to Voting ..to GET IT .. first. ?????
Placed out in increments ..of this proposal is, this proposal is that .. Maybe one Proposal would be " considered" and understood - prior to standing at a Poll Box -
with " language for all to understand "

It really is a pxss poor example for " all considered" - I had to go online and find the proposals for me to Vote upon tomorrow, for my local and State - I did it 3 wks ago. I still do not understand them.  I have read them.  They are so poorly written ( no shock) and I don't know how to vote on them.  Its so disturbing.  It truly is. Its like a Catch 22. Sort of like old stale Halloween Candy. It sits for a long time, and it all starts to smell and you don't know whether to eat it - or throw it away..

I know One Thing, I am voting Republican Synder for my State. I voted R last term, anything to get Granholm out of office.   I have had enough of Demo Jenny. She blew us away alright. She destroyed what was left of our Automation/Automotive/Manufacturing within our Great Lake State.  She is Obama's next greatest find .. beware .. he has plans for her. Her and her Mole.

Halloween/Politics and a Mole -could be politics, being politically correct, or not ~ I guess it depends on what side your on or which side owns you.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rc5G04nJecI?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0&amp;amp;color" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/rc5G04nJecI?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0&amp;amp;color</a>

JSM would like this ~

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #341 on: November 02, 2010, 07:06:34 AM »

Morning Deenie, I agree about politics and voting. The only thing I can say is that I couldn't wait to vote yes on an Oregon measure to put SO behind bars for a much longer time. That same measure also included drunk drivers. I also signed the petition to get it on the ballot. How could anyone vote no?

Voting for our new Governor was a little tougher. Only because of the choices we were given this year.

I will say that I'm glad it is over today. I am so tired of all the phone calls. Oh yes vote for me.

I voted last week by mail so the pressure was off.

Now the bad news, we are heading into the battle for our next president. Next year they will start lining up for the battle. They will begin stating their agendas and asking for our votes.

I will between now and then enjoy watching the cute commercials on TV but then they will once again start to slip away as politics take their spots. Dang!

Now getting excited about Thanksgiving and looking forward to Christmas traditions.

It is my prayer that Kyron be found and return home. Of course like everyone else I want him found alive but feel his parents need peace and closure. May this happen before Spring 2011.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #342 on: November 02, 2010, 09:34:28 AM »

For those that don't vote ABSENTEE (like my husband and I), BE SURE TO GET OUT AND VOTE TODAY!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #343 on: November 02, 2010, 10:43:48 AM »

For those that don't vote ABSENTEE (like my husband and I), BE SURE TO GET OUT AND VOTE TODAY!

It's a big one for California, going in a little while.
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #344 on: November 02, 2010, 01:19:10 PM »

I'm surprised Monkey King didn't find this one:

Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #345 on: November 02, 2010, 01:29:35 PM »

I done voted, but I don't think it will make a difference.

The candidates offer the moon and the stars, and paint the opponent as a God-nabbit crook, and when elected they just sit on their expensive leather chairs, and don't do much at all but smile pretty.

Then on the background they be taking kickbacks and ripping the public off, and only apologize when they get caught.

But, we need a change.

Our economy and everything else is bad and hopefully the polls will give us good people (as good as a politician can be) to give us results.

In many races the republican candidates are ahead, which could be a good thing. I mean, it took a republican to get us in the mess our country is in, so it may take a republican to get us out.

At least, I hope so.

Very Happy

p.s. Sorry for the pol comment, remove is inappropriate.
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #346 on: November 02, 2010, 01:31:27 PM »

an angelic monkey

What a cutie pie she is.  Look at that sweet little rosebud mouth.  an angelic monkey

Look at that hair! She is adorable

2 4 1
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #347 on: November 02, 2010, 03:08:04 PM »

I realize I'm in the minority 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/01/the-sanity-song-auto-tune_n_777050.html

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TvQbkPS8zCA?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/TvQbkPS8zCA?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #348 on: November 02, 2010, 03:14:36 PM »

It's a big one for California, going in a little while.

I voted, today. The "I voted" stickers were all gone!!  I need to look for last years sticker. They ran out of stickers at the 800th person. Next year, I will be early. I love that silly sticker. salut salut salut salut

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #349 on: November 02, 2010, 03:16:31 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/01/the-sanity-song-auto-tune_n_777050.html

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TvQbkPS8zCA?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/TvQbkPS8zCA?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

But we Love you any way Klaas

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #350 on: November 02, 2010, 05:48:06 PM »

I look at it this way........... we all want the same ultimate results; jobs, security, etc.     Love you Klaas!!

Your Grandbaby is the picture of "Sleeping like a baby"........... she's adorable!! Keep the pictures coming!!!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #351 on: November 02, 2010, 06:00:28 PM »

Morning Deenie, I agree about politics and voting. The only thing I can say is that I couldn't wait to vote yes on an Oregon measure to put SO behind bars for a much longer time. That same measure also included drunk drivers. I also signed the petition to get it on the ballot. How could anyone vote no?

Voting for our new Governor was a little tougher. Only because of the choices we were given this year.

I will say that I'm glad it is over today. I am so tired of all the phone calls. Oh yes vote for me.

I voted last week by mail so the pressure was off.

Now the bad news, we are heading into the battle for our next president. Next year they will start lining up for the battle. They will begin stating their agendas and asking for our votes.

I will between now and then enjoy watching the cute commercials on TV but then they will once again start to slip away as politics take their spots. Dang!

Now getting excited about Thanksgiving and looking forward to Christmas traditions.

Hi Lazydog! I voted today too! In my neighborhood, it's a social event.  Seriously! People bring baked goods and lay a spread out on a table, complete with paper plates and napkins! People coming to vote always stop by the snack table before they sign in. Nobody asks WHO anyone is voting for and the snacks are for everybody, regardless of party affiliation, but there's a lot of "catching up on the neighbors" at my voting location.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #352 on: November 02, 2010, 07:10:28 PM »

I'm surprised Monkey King didn't find this one:

ahahahaha, love it!  Thanks Itaryl!   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #353 on: November 02, 2010, 07:14:29 PM »

Hiyas all!!  Am moved, unpacked, back online, ready to rock n roll.     Trying to catch up in the threads now.  Missssssssed y'all!  Thanks for the words of wisdom and kind thoughts.   

Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #354 on: November 02, 2010, 07:59:38 PM »

Hiyas all!!  Am moved, unpacked, back online, ready to rock n roll.     Trying to catch up in the threads now.  Missssssssed y'all!  Thanks for the words of wisdom and kind thoughts.   

Here I thought you had just changed usernames and had been posting anonymously.

Glad to see you back!!!

Very Happy
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #355 on: November 02, 2010, 08:48:40 PM »

DON'T MISS THE DANA PRETZER SHOW TONIGHT AT 9PM ET:

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #356 on: November 02, 2010, 09:21:34 PM »

great!!!  I don't suppose you have caught up on the threads yet right lol? good to see you back..

Klaas..darling baby...her blankey looks so cuddly...

crazybabyborg
« Reply #357 on: November 02, 2010, 09:29:14 PM »

WYKS!!!!    Grrrrrreat to see you!!!  You have been missed!!!

Itaryl Mooseee.............. Your avi cracks me up!! I Love It!!! 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #358 on: November 03, 2010, 01:18:49 AM »

Here I thought you had just changed usernames and had been posting anonymously.

Glad to see you back!!!

Very Happy

MWAHAHAHAHA!!   Silly monkey! 

Thanks, it's great to be back.   

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #359 on: November 03, 2010, 01:22:26 AM »

great!!!  I don't suppose you have caught up on the threads yet right lol? good to see you back..

Klaas..darling baby...her blankey looks so cuddly...

Ermmm right... only caught up on 2 of 5 threads so far.    

Thanks Cookie, it's good to be back in here with y'all.   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.